Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 QueenLizbeth
Msg: 2706
view profile
History
do men actually exist that date women with kids??Page 111 of 122    (82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122)
LMAO @ Tealwood....You men are so loveable...with those bratty kids and no child support..and those bratty spoiled kids!
BTW...how much do I need to pay in taxes before I can claim my property taxes?
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2707
view profile
History
do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 3/22/2013 12:46:23 PM
Younger guys who are childless would probably prefer a woman without kids.
As guys get older/have their own kids many it may be less of an issue.

For me, at this point its still a red flag
 Mrgiveitright
Msg: 2708
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:54:25 PM
Rhetorical question. Yes, we exist.
 APlaceLikeHome
Msg: 2709
Posted: 3/25/2013 12:38:28 PM
very cute line there !

I find ladies that having a child is a GREAT filter for terrible men. If they are not willing to accept you and your children, good riddens... now you can move on to find a real man!
I am young so I can understand why men my age may not want to settle, but I am happy to find a BETTER one for me ,who is older and does.
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2710
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:30:49 PM
Thats a typical defensive line and a ridiculous generalisation.
So all men who don't want to accept another mans child are automatically terrible?

If the guy who fathered your child is so perfect why didn't it work out with him?
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 2711
Posted: 3/25/2013 10:19:05 PM
haha still this thread..

Yep they exist. I find them all the time. Even when i'm not looking.

The right guy won't care that you have kids, they will love you anyway and they will love your children. I've never had a problem dating since my son was born. The only problems I've ever had were those i manifested myself. Like not being in the right frame of mind or not having enough time. Some guys will look at you with disdain regardless of what you are doing with your life, regardless of where you are versus where you started regardless of what you goals are. To those guys I say.. baby look at me now and smile.

seriously.. why waste your time worry about some person who can't see past you being a single parent? whatever their issue is with it, who cares. It's their loss.

ETA:
~~~~~~
If the guy who fathered your child is so perfect why didn't it work out with him?
~~~~~~~
I doubt many of us would say he's perfect.. So often when stuff hits the fan the real person steps out. Or the guy freaks out cause he's not ready or whatever. he changes completely or maybe she does or maybe both do and they don't like each other anymore. Maybe they can't handle the stress of the new addition and start to fight. There are so many scenarios. Either way if the guy bolts the mom is left with all the pieces and she is also blamed for everything by society. It not his or her that did it, it's them, together, 2 people, as 1 can't become pregnant alone by accident. You want to blame her for being the parent that stepped up then hold him just as accountable for running away and leaving the burden 100 percent on her. (or vica versa)
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2712
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 10:23:59 AM
What does that show about your judgement though? in terms of choice of man?
 barber311
Msg: 2713
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2013 1:04:49 PM
there alot of guys who love to meet a wonderful woman and there kids. i have two kids also and yes once you tell that person you kids it always seems to break the deal.. oh weel there the one missing out ..im here
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 2714
Posted: 3/26/2013 10:12:32 PM
It shows that he lied about who he was and that he isn't responsible enough to step up and work through it when the shit hits the fan .. if you want the real truth.. and it shows that I'm smart enough to know that my son and I deserve better then to be saddled with the real him.. He's married now with a new baby (baby came first of course)... and his wife is miserable.. I feel bad for her.. I think I am the one with better judgement, because at least I can recognize a bad situation and not dig myself further into it.

but don't worry.. I know.. it's all the woman's fault.. she should have done x,y and z and the man is blameless.

Anyway.. yes.. lots of people who date single parents.. and for those people who feel the need to put you down or otherwise simply because you have a child, good riddance to them. Judgmental people have no place in your life anyway.
 Tennessee_Boy38242
Msg: 2715
Posted: 3/27/2013 12:58:25 AM
I love kids. My daughter is my life. Some men just arent man enough
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2716
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 6:50:36 AM
Its unfair to diss guys just because of a preference.
I mean plenty of women won't look at a guy who is out of work or lives with their parents.
Thats what it is ... a preference! Younger guys who want to meet a girl without kids is a preference also. There is nothing malicious in it.

All this 'Your not man enough' or 'only real men date women with kids' business is rubbish and is just an excuse for single parents to vent their frustrations, and this can be depicted as hurling insults.

Some parents may not want more children- this is understandable... but if the childess person does want a family in the long term, you are simply wanting different things in life.
There is also the issue of ex-partners who will usually be there in the background. Not everyone is comfortable with this.

As I said its just a preference so need for the hate
 Kigstar
Msg: 2717
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2013 8:34:44 AM
it is the womans fault 100% a female has 100% of the choice if a child is born or not. The man has 0% of a choice. See we live in world where abortion is legal, and the choice to have that child with those "***holes" "jerks" etc. is your choice and your choice alone. If i knock a girl up and i want to keep the child and she wants an abortion guess whats gonna happen, an abortion! Same way with the roles reversed. Woman have 100% of the choice and power if a child is born. Condoms are not 100%, birth control can be not taken, anti-biotics can affect them. The only sure form of birth control is abortion and woman have 100% of the choice in this matter not the men.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 2718
Posted: 3/27/2013 9:24:19 PM
The only "sure" form of birth control is abstinence. You have the choice not to sleep with her in the first place. It's not as if men are ignorant to the potential consequences and obviously none of you are ignorant to the possibility that birth control can fail. And since the whole "my body my choice" thing is common knowledge among both genders then there goes that argument for your side as well. If you don't want to potentially be "saddled" with her for the rest of your life, then you have 100% of the choice to walk away and not lay down with her. Otherwise, if you choose to lay down with her, you choose to take the risk that the undesirable consequence will happen and you'll have to deal with that. Suck it up buttercup. It's adult life, you have to deal with the stuff whether you like it or not.

~~~~~
Its unfair to diss guys just because of a preference.
~~~~~
Says the man who "disses" you based on no information other than you have a child. It is what it is. If you don't want to date a single parent then great, don't. Don't assume that I have bad judgement because I have a deadbeat for an ex or assume that I have ex drama or that I will "be whatever dumb stereotype you want to impose on me". You don't like it when it's done to you right? do unto others..
 gunslingerpedro
Msg: 2719
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2013 5:28:27 AM
Sorry but you started it with a dig at guys who don't want to date parents.
So don't play the victim when you throw the first dig.
As I said its just a preference, and doesn't make you a bad person. We are all different and look for different things in potential partners
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 2720
Posted: 3/28/2013 10:50:02 PM
sorry pedro....all I said was :
Some guys will look at you with disdain regardless of what you are doing with your life, regardless of where you are versus where you started regardless of what you goals are. To those guys I say.. baby look at me now and smile.
seriously.. why waste your time worry about some person who can't see past you being a single parent? whatever their issue is with it, who cares. It's their loss.

AND

and for those people who feel the need to put you down or otherwise simply because you have a child, good riddance to them. Judgmental people have no place in your life anyway.

Neither was a dig at guys who don't want to date single parents.. rather those who feel the need to put us down and tell us we did something wrong or it's all our fault or whatever other stereotype you want to put on us.. Like you did to me.. I guess I have bad judgement since i'm a single mom huh.. since that all you know about me.... For all you know.. I could be a widow.. but there you went.. deciding I have poor judgement and judging me simply because I have a child. If you wanna say "it's their loss" is a dig.. fine.. then ok whatever.. I happen to be a great catch and it is their loss. LOL.

I never play the victim. I'm too smart for that.
 Advwench
Msg: 2721
Posted: 3/29/2013 7:02:55 AM
I'm dating a 39-yr-old with no kids of his own. I'd have to say that since I have an almost 13-yr-old, he has no problem dating a woman with a child. Granted, my son is older with a dad who's active in his life so it's not as if my guy will ever be expected to step in and play Daddy, but he didn't know all of that when we first met and he was still willing to take the plunge.

I've also dated other men with children of their own who had no problem dating me. It's all about preference and perhaps how you present yourself as a single mom. With each of these men, my son didn't enter the conversation (other than the fact that I have one and his age) at first. While our kids are important, it's also important to date as a woman and not just as a mom.
 hammy_78
Msg: 2722
Posted: 3/29/2013 8:26:08 PM
Hey i am a 34 year old with 2 boys 18 and 13 and i always felt that way about women lol i love kids and think that maybe girls don't want a man who is a nice guy cause i know i would date a single mother any time seems like alot of single moms just pick the wrong type of guy maybe try dateing a nice guy some one who treats u proper i know as a single father it's hard to find a good women who wants me aswell as my kids as we are a package deal
 luckybasterd
Msg: 2723
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2013 12:33:37 AM
Yes I would prefer dating a women with kids, have the same things in common
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 2724
Posted: 4/5/2013 7:42:11 PM
This is a thread that just won't die.
 rgvmale
Msg: 2725
Posted: 4/5/2013 9:37:24 PM
bump, bump, bump
 Lionheart0889
Msg: 2726
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 4:44:09 PM
I have a similar question!!! Do woman actually exist that date men with kids? lol
I am a single father with my life together and everything to offer, yet I can't seem to do anything right on this site.
Nor real life for that fact. I have my son and he lives with me.
Is that a turnoff for woman or what? Am I missing something crucial to the dating scene?
Mind you I've been a single father since I was 17 and have missed my wild and free dating and exploring years, but really, am I just missing something?
 ilovetattoos916
Msg: 2727
Posted: 4/7/2013 7:44:08 PM
I really think all single parents feel the same way about that. I've totally experienced that. They might be into you, but when the find out you have kids, they're gone. I guess everyone is just afraid that drama is going to happen.
 offroader831
Msg: 2728
Posted: 4/10/2013 9:48:44 PM
YEs we exist...some of us actually look for single moms...why?

They know what it is like to raise kids. They know the issues.

MOst of them anyways!
 SpringMataLeao
Msg: 2729
Posted: 4/11/2013 3:30:01 PM
Ive dated single moms..its not fun.
 sotl.kknight
Msg: 2730
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2013 2:35:01 PM
First of all, the men and boys I know and have grown up with all have this desire to Marry One Woman, and later on create a family of their own children. Nowadays though, that is "the Impossible Dream" or "Mission Impossible." Every woman I've met that was between 25 on up is a mother of 1 to 5 children, and the older women are grandparents and every weekend their homes are like mini Day Care Centers. That's not what I'm looking for so through time I've almost come to the conclusion that I will never get what I search for or want. I just want the 2 of us to blend together and create our own life. I do not want to be part of an already made family. Do not want to be responsible for kids that I have No Spiritual connection, No Emotional connection, No Physical connection and No Intellectual connection with. No compatible Lifestyles and moral values either. That's a lot to ask and joining a pre made family you will never be able to lie to yourself and act like that is your own blood and DNA that you see there.

Suppose I was a guy that like to be almost naked as I am indoors walking around in my house? Well if it were just me and her, fine. But with those other people around that would prevent me from being my own true comfortable self. A lot of people do not understand what a huge difference that 3rd person makes and how big a wedge that person or child can put between the couple. My Dad, warned me growing up. "Do not deal with Smokers, Drinkers, or Mothers." My brother said if you meet a woman with children, make sure her kids are adult who are someplace living on their own and not around the corner showing up at moms on a weekly basis.

So with that said you must realize I am not one of those guys who would deal with a Mother. I want a Single Childless Woman or the woman who's kids are on their own.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??