Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 andretheriz
Msg: 330
do men actually exist that date women with kids??Page 4 of 122    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
yes we do...but im finding alot of women who are either control freaks or into tomany headgames.they forget what you write in a profile is only a written version of a person
 andretheriz
Msg: 331
do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 4/4/2006 7:02:59 PM
do you know what your saying ,checknout.there are both good men and women out there who respect and accept the partner they choose to fall in love with wether she has kids or he has kids,or they both have kids.remember before kids ever get met both partners must deside if they are right for eachothert before they make the next move which could see them moving together.without acceptance of your partner wether poor or rich the choice is yours and his .the women prey as do the men,we tend to forget since we all can get lonely inside and prefer to cuddle up to our partner and see blindly but its our own doing not all men and women are all alike its the bad apples in both sexs that deter people from becoming loving partners,go easy on yourself it will happen in time
 navy1973
Msg: 343
Posted: 5/2/2006 3:14:53 AM
Yes, we are out there. Well, I am at least. But I'm taken. My girlfriend has 3 kids(4, 11 & 14). I don't mind because she is not the type of person who is looking for a dad for them or a paycheck. Not only does she have kids, but she actually has a full-time career oriented job. Now THAT is hard to find! She's a 5th grade teacher and comes home to a house full of kids too. As for her kids, I met them right away but we've eased them into what we let them see and hear between us. It was 2 months before the first time we kissed in front of them. Anybody have questions(but NOT spam) feel free to email me at josh@vbnative.com.
 Hazel909
Msg: 344
Posted: 5/2/2006 10:27:38 AM
HA! Try being a single MOM of 4 kids They hear four and run like a prom queen with a pimple !!!! Me personally I DONT need a baby daddy, I dont need money, I prefer to live alone with my kids !!!! but they always have that same train of thought " Oh she just looking for a baby daddy" ! I make DAMN good Money I dont need no Man to raise my babys, all I am looking for is a man to share what (little) time I do have!! Can they not understand that ??????????
 howlsnwoofs
Msg: 355
Posted: 5/5/2006 9:17:49 AM
y-e-a-h! some of us, our very existence is the hope to one day start a family or too share/build together..
 cararac
Msg: 357
Posted: 5/5/2006 10:52:55 AM
Not all single moms put their kids before anyone else. I love my son but I understand that in order to stay sane I need to have time for myself. I would never ignore my 'other half' (if I had one) or let him do everything for me and not reciprocate. I'm so ****ing sick of people generalizing people. Not all single moms are how you say they are just because a few have screwed you over.
 steve_lv
Msg: 360
Posted: 5/5/2006 12:26:01 PM
I've dated several women with children. My wife of 4 years, I dated for 8 years prior to marriage had two daughters that I essentially raised. Now divorcing, I have been raising my son from her myself as a single parent. So, my question is: are there WOMEN who date MEN who have children?
 jaberwokey
Msg: 366
Posted: 5/6/2006 9:47:03 AM
here is my take on this issue:

I think loveworthyness is an alot like creditworthyness. Positive things improve your score,
negative things lower your score. Kids don't really lower the score so much as divorce does.

A divorce is just one of those negative things that nags at you.

It makes me think. Gee, allready ditched one hubby after having expressed her eternal love for him before God, her family and friends. Does she respect the mariage vows still? Will she respect our vows if things ever go to that level?

Thankfully life isn't so black and white. You need to ask followup questions:

1. Did she leave him because she was bored? Ok.. don't get involved with her.
2. Did she leave him because she was cheating on him? Ok... don't get invoved with her.
3. Did she leave him because he was cheating on her? She's ok then, but may have trust issues.
4. Did she leave him because he was abusive? Ok, good for her, but you worry that he may come back and beat the crap out of you in jealous rage.
5. Did she leave him because they "just grew apart" or "he wasn't mature and I had to be the grownup" etc, etc etc.
She isn't worth it dude. Marriage vows are too sacred to fall victim to "just grew apart" syndrome. That is so lame when people use that excuse.

6. Did she leave him because "she just wasn't happy, it wasn't him but she just wasn't happy". Again she isn't worth it dude. Damaged goods.

Basically any divorce who left for any reason other then the other spouse cheated on them
or the spouse was abusive is not worth your time because they don't belive in the mariage vows.
 rjpeagles
Msg: 371
Posted: 5/7/2006 5:31:12 AM
Of course men date women who have children. The majority of the single women I meet are single parents. I'm more surprised when I meet someone who doesn't have children.

Finding a date isn't a problem for a single mom. That's easy. But fostering a serious relationship, now that may be a different story.

For whatever reasons, I'm sure there are many men out there who do not want to submerge themselves into a serious relationship with a woman who already has kids, especially in cases where the children's father(s) is absentee and the woman is responsible 24/7 for the children.

My own personal experience with single mothers is that the dating experience goes a lot smoother when the woman has a dependable/responsible ex-husband/baby-daddy who spends time with the children and allows the mother some free time to be an adult and do adult things.
 mamalisa
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Posted: 5/7/2006 10:14:56 PM
Well you are a rare breed. I have 6 kids with only 3 at home, and it seems like men want to chat and more and act like they love your family. Well time will tell. caio
 bozoforreal
Msg: 383
Posted: 5/12/2006 5:00:00 AM
Hey Shedevil1971...

Not all of us believe that a woman with kids is looking for a guy to take over from a dad that isn't there...

Personally, I would rather have a woman with kids... cause I love'um... especially the little critters...

It's never good when one parent is absent... just plain selfish... but, that is people sometimes... if you wanna chat... just beam me up... I'll be right here...

Oh, and good for you...!
 spencer66
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2006 4:01:35 PM
i personaly prefer to date a women who has kids i think that they are more mature, and less likely to be into playing games or at least that was my first thought but then i dated a couple different ones ( at different times ) and the moment that the relationship started to get serious they ran.
 MasterMind75
Msg: 390
Posted: 5/14/2006 10:13:04 PM
Im amazed as to how far this thread has gone. I dated many women that had children prior to me having my son. Wasnt planned....but ya cant just cease falling in love. Ill still date women w/ children.......always say..."to each is there own".
 kareo
Msg: 420
Posted: 5/19/2006 7:52:58 AM
I actually read every post on this thread. It's been answered in every possible way. I guess my only answer is a question - there are so many men out there who would date a woman with children - why did I not see a single one in my area???
 ShellyD
Msg: 426
Posted: 5/20/2006 10:07:24 AM
You know Sweetie I was wondering the same thing. I had a very hard time when my children were a bit younger for some reason. Now my son is 16 and my daughter is almost 15 and it seems to have gotten much,much easier!!!! If they care about you, I mean really ,REALLY care about you and like you for who you are then the kid situtaion will not MATTER!!!! Always remember,you are a package deal and your kids are your gift from GOD and NO MAN is worth
making them second or putting them on the back burner for him.
Good Luck and Take Care sweetie!!!!!!!!
Michele
ShellyD
 chameleontat
Msg: 431
Posted: 5/20/2006 7:57:40 PM
I love kids and have no problem dating a woman with kids and will share a couple of my experiences. I have found that some kids have a real problem with mom dating period. I met one woman online we talked for quite some time and checked each other out through mutual friends. We decided to meet and go to the zoo and out for a pizza. As luck would have it we had a rainy day and opted to go to the museum instead. We had a good time anyway, at dinner she told me that her teenage son was not happy about her dating and would possibly be a bit unfriendly. She was right and I decided not to get in the middle of their situation. I also dated a woman with young children and the kids loved me. However, they were not aware of the fact that their mother was interested in any more than a friendship with me and the first time we met I invited the children as well. I gave them a tour of the farm and let them see and touch some of the critters and they had a blast. Only mother was interested in finding a bed partner for an upcoming campout with her friends and I was not interested in that so we parted after the second date.
 Drasseran2
Msg: 433
Posted: 5/21/2006 1:03:06 AM
I do not have children, though I have to say with out a dout that I would date and want to have a long term relationship with a woman, and mother of her children. I would however have to be attracted to her and have that chemistry there as she would also need to have the same. But other than that the answer woul be yes we do exist, though maybe in small numbers. We are out here, and we care!!!
 devilpup60
Msg: 434
Posted: 5/21/2006 7:13:31 AM
I have dated moms for over 20 years and was married to one. They are a little more stable and looking for more than a toy boy or the 'bad' boy.
 jilene
Msg: 437
Posted: 5/21/2006 7:16:39 PM
I ask the same question always. I have 1 daughter that is 11. NEVER have i been married. So i do not have that kind of baggage(i guess thats what you call it). I have a friend that is a single mom as well.She has an ex-husband and they always stray from her. They say no way.
I am just tired of being single. LETS JUST TELL THE GUYS OUT THERE THAT WE ARE NOT LOOKING FOR A FATHER FOR ARE CHILDREN. We are looking for a lover/friend (at least i am) Maybe that will change there minds.
thank you
jilene
 9 Lives
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2006 3:13:02 PM
Yes they do,but I think allot of us have given up on messaging those single moms,as they dont respond back allot of the time.I am not just talking about my expiriences,but other single guys I know on here who have tried to hook up with ladies who have kids.I have 'compared notes' with
more then a few,and have found this to be the case.I think that allot of single moms on here are VERY cautious in who they message back,and are even more careful then most.
 seabees2
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2006 3:33:18 PM
well i don't see why not. i am divoriced an i spend most of my free time with the neighbors kids, 15 an 11. i have more fun with them. we bowl, rollerblade, roast hot dogs an what ever they want at the bonfire. there dad is what i call a dead beet. i but i spend in the $---.oo on them each year. i thing men are scared. but just don't know what they are missing.
 endlesshorizons
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2006 12:29:11 AM
Don't worry MandyKisses and Spanishgirl. There are actually guys like me (single dads) looking for girls like YOU!! I'd prefer the girl I date be a single mom. No offence to the other women out there. Now I know there are women out there that are looking for the free hand out and it's up to me to be careful and watch out for them. I'll know when I come across a winner (like you, Mandy ) Keep your chin up and stay positive! Good luck in your search!
 NoBetterWay
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2006 6:02:26 AM
At least one is in Palm Bay Florida (that would be me). I enjoy "stable" women...and it seems to me that the "single Moms" are the stable ones. I accept the "package deal"...as I expect the woman to accept my daughter and step-son.
 BobbinFerFishies
Msg: 456
Posted: 5/26/2006 8:49:06 PM
There has been a lot of folks answering that yes, we are out here. I am a single dad with a teenager and an almost teenager of my own. It would be rather unreasonable and hypocritical of me to expect anyone I meet to not have kids but accept my own.

From my perspective, a single Mom would be more understanding of my own situation and thus someone with whom I would have more in common. We would at least understand some of the challenges we face as single parents.
 MadamX67
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2006 11:16:21 AM
You are not in a minority Coffeecanuck! I totally agree with your decision. I have been divorced for 5 years. I have 2 boys (15 and 11). I have not been in a serious relationship since my divorce. I do go out on dates but do not invite them to my house unless they are at their fathers for the weekend. I have a friend that I have known for several years that does come over from time to time and he comes over when they are in bed and is gone before they get up. He is the only one that I consider having over with the boys here. They know him as an old friend of mine, nothing more. There isn't any attachments on either end. I am very protective of my boys. They already have a great father so they do not need another in their lives. My ex is one of my best friends. We have a great relationship and men seem to have a problem with that. They think that there is some hidden meaning as to why we are friends, as if one of us is still trying to hang on to the other. It's simple,we have children together. The first year of our divorce was very nasty but we realized that we couldn't expose the kids to our problems. We worked thru our differences and put the kids first and they are soo much better for it. If I were to get into relationship, I would let them know that I do have children and that they would not meet them until I felt it was best for them, months down the road. I have met some single dads and my hat goes off to them as well!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >