Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sugarcandy37
Msg: 1151
view profile
History
do men actually exist that date women with kids??Page 47 of 122    (33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73)
You know,I took this offensively when i first read this.Assuming that us single woman with children are looking for someone to take care of us. I am sure that there are some people out there like that with /without children. My children already have a dad, we are just not a family together as one.I am looking for myself, someone to share my life with. You will not meet my children untill I know where the relationship is going, cause if your a fly by night man they dont need their life interupted and put their emotions out there. If they had a dead beat dad, then that is why they have me.Just my point on the issue
 i1111lo1
Msg: 1152
do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 11/25/2006 4:53:08 AM
we all know i didn't read all 50 pages of this so i'm gonna put in my 3 cents here at the end and leave before another 50 pages crushes me. i have 2 boys, their currently sleeping upstairs. women don't like men that do well for themselves and have children. i think, esp around here, it makes them feel inferior. i live on my own, i have no problem keeping food in the house, the power, gas, water, phone and cable on and gas in the cars. only working myself. i work 40 hours a week and i feel bad cause my kids always ask me when i'm coming back home. so yes i defenatily admit there is some hesitation between women and men with kids. women are trapped in that 12 y/o free spirit mode for their entire lives where as men acutally mature as time goes on
 cautiouslady
Msg: 1153
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2006 4:18:25 AM
My children were very young when I divorced..the men I met had no problem with it,but,I never introduced my dates to my children right away. Why turn a casual date in to a family affair if you don't know where it's headed? Children don't need all this confusion.
 sexymomof5
Msg: 1154
Posted: 11/28/2006 6:47:41 AM
I wouldn't know but my fear is that if i approach a guy he thinks I need a dad for my kids. the reality is I need someone my kids have mom and dad but not together.......I'm just looking for someone that will be there for me like me for him..
 Phrank Lee
Msg: 1155
Posted: 11/28/2006 6:50:52 AM
Yes, we exist.. I am one of them. I have three kids of my own and have found it difficult to meet people since I moved here. I have little free time but what time I do have I would like some companionship. We exist!

Chris
 TragicallyCute
Msg: 1156
Posted: 11/28/2006 3:28:50 PM
i'd like to find one of those dammit!!
it seems to me that every man i meet that becomes interested in me, tried really hard to show me that they like me, and then somehow start slipping away. My daughter is very loud..she'sa very demandin two year old..who likes to make her point known, in a funny way..and just like evry other toddler she has tantrums. So, usually guys get a little freaked out by it.
 dawnmariew
Msg: 1157
Posted: 11/28/2006 5:03:35 PM
that is a really good question. i also have 2 teenagers and when a man finds out that, he generally slithers away or you get the really stupid response "will you sleep with me, you're obviously not a virgin??"
 Honney917
Msg: 1158
Posted: 11/29/2006 7:22:18 AM
Well i have 2 kids that are still young and i have just met a man that is totaly fine with my having kids. we duscussed the fact that i have them all the time so i found that if you say strate up that you have kids and are a commited mother or father then you should be able to find that people are more then willing to be with you its just that you werent up front with them so they tend to think you may be hiding something else.
 asmuchasyouwant
Msg: 1159
Posted: 11/29/2006 8:57:43 AM
ok i am a man....lol
we are still here!!! i love kids and have a daughter of my own she's my baby -
 Davids_Mom
Msg: 1160
Posted: 11/29/2006 11:12:44 AM
Men do date women with kids/babys and most of the time it is NOT the baby/kids fault why the men choose NOT to date the woman i know some men who do not want to be with a woman because she has kids but i also know alot of men who, will date a woman even if she has kids/babys it is NOT the child/baby fault or reason why men would NOT date single moms i think the reason is the "mom" is why men run/scare away from women with kids.
 FallenAngel28
Msg: 1161
Posted: 11/29/2006 1:12:44 PM
Yes, men do exist that date women with kids.believe or not, it's true.I met a wonderful man 11 1/2 mths ago that no problem with the fact that i have 2 young kids..Of course it may have helped with the fact that he also has 2 young boys.. but with his personality i don't think it would have been a issue anyhow...so to all you single moms, and dad's alike there are men/women out there willing to date a single parent.And it's not just my own experience but many of my gf's are also single mom's or have been, and have dated men that had no problem with the fact they had children.
 InSearchOf U
Msg: 1162
Posted: 11/29/2006 3:19:08 PM
Heck yeah we do! There are lots of us out there.
 anjori
Msg: 1163
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2006 5:01:14 PM
Im guessing NY C dosent have any single mothers ,
or may be they don t have a problem finding good men to date,
 tadger
Msg: 1164
Posted: 11/29/2006 5:08:06 PM
Don't have trouble finding dates; have trouble finding time to date as have kids around 99% of the time. Absence makes the fond heart wander, and all that... so, never see who i am dating and end up just not that interested as they are never around.

I never could spell "absent"
 Asian31
Msg: 1165
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:19:29 PM
Hi.. first of all I think they do exist and where are they is something I still have to know myself. I have a 10yr old daughter and I been singel for more than a year. and a lot of guys that I chat with tells me the same thing. They don't like dating women with kids just becouse too much hassel for them and if they do and the relationship dont work out, there is another person involve. And also they said we (singel mom) have way too much drama. Which not true at all. I think some guys are just looking for the easy way out... and mostly they will date singel moms just to get laid... So, how is that for truth?
Anyway, all I can say is there is nothing wrong to be a singel mother or to be a singel DAD at all. we did not choose for the lives that we are in now but we are trying the hardest to make the best of it. All we need is someone to give us a chance to be happy again and except us for who we are...happy fishing.
 Asian31
Msg: 1166
Posted: 11/29/2006 6:21:44 PM
that's so true! I totally agree with you even just to have time to get out with the girls it seems to hard.
 CANIBN2U
Msg: 1167
Posted: 11/30/2006 3:41:26 PM
First and foremost it should not matter wether or not the woman has kids and there are alot of guys out there who will date a woman who does have kids.I think that one of the major issues is that alot of men do not understand that when you are dating a woman with kids,the kids come along with the package.It is not too say that they are looking for a father for their kids,but at the same time with the way things have gone in this world and with alot of fathers leaving both the mother and the kids to fend for themselves,it does not hurt to at least try and be a positive role model in their lives.So yes they are out there and they really are not that hard to find.Due to the fact that I came from a woman and was raised by a single woman,I have mad respect and alot of love for those single moms out there.
 Thundershowers
Msg: 1168
Posted: 11/30/2006 6:04:38 PM
I would. There are lots of desirable single mums out there! I am also a father already and I really enjoy having young kids around. Dating someone without young kids would be a challenge because I would want to have kids again and I don't think that she would want them that fast if she didn't already have them.
 Asian31
Msg: 1169
Posted: 12/4/2006 5:55:58 PM
Thanks CANIBN2U!!! I really like what you said. And I myself have a lot of respect for singel mom out there and singel Dad.Becouse I know how hard it is to raise a child by yourself with out any help from the father.But, he recently wants something to do my daughter and I think it is notfair for me. After not having any contact with her for 8yrs, he shows up and wants a custody of her. Can Anyone tell me how fair is that.? But, she is the father of my child and that is something that I can't change. no matter what.
 quietguy40906
Msg: 1170
Posted: 12/6/2006 7:54:11 AM
yes there is guys out there that will date a lady with kids my ex had 4 kids when we meet and the lady im seeing not has 4 kids so there is still some men out there just keep looking
 quietguy40906
Msg: 1171
Posted: 12/6/2006 7:56:24 AM
yes we are still out there i married a lady with 4 kids now we split after 13 yrs and im seeing a lady raising her grand kids so we are still out there just keep looking
 sosassay
Msg: 1172
Posted: 12/6/2006 9:15:14 AM
I have a 12 yr old son and I have never had a problem with my son and dating. I have certain days that I can go out and certain days that I can't and that does not seem to be a problem. Most men that I have dated like hearing about the adventures of my son and what is new with him, they ask!!! My sister had two children before she met her husband and now together they have had another...he is an amazing and guess what he adpted me too, lol now I have big brother and an awesome uncle to my own son. My mother married a fantastic man as well she had two adult children (my sister and I) one granchild and one on the way (my son). He is absalutely amazing!!!!! He has stepped in as father and grandfather and loves every minute of it he now has a total of four granchildren and I think he feels very fortunate, he looks forward to fathers day every year! He has never once faltered on expressing his love for all of us! There are some men that accept our children and some men that don't, but there are also some men that accpet somkers and some that don't. What I have to say ladies is sit back relax and adventually it will come to you. If you push your child on a man he will run away, nobody likes to be pushed no matter what is doing the pushing. If you try to hang on too tight because you think "oh wow...I finally found someone willing to accept all of us" he may also run away..nobody likes to feel suffercated. Its all about attitude and how comfortable you make a person feel in a situation. My son has a father and they all they have known that, but I always say...he always has room for a new friend. Guys never meet my son until they ask to and I find it acceptable, no preassure :) I dated a guy kinda off and on for years...it took him a long time to warm up to my son, simply cause he had never spent much time around children. They never spent a ton of time together (we were never to the point of settling down) but everytime I spoke to him about my son you could see on his face his concern and sometimes seemed kinda proud of him. He cared about my son cause he cared about me, would have probably done anything for him, actually I know he would have!! He was the last man on earth that you would have ever thought to put his arm around a child. Anyhow ladies this is quite long, haha! Sit back...relax and the cupid will take care of you!
 melissa_kayley
Msg: 1173
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2006 9:43:34 AM
i was wondering the same thing, i am only 18 years old and i have a 7 week old baby, i have noticed that it really turns a guy off when you have a child...and most of the ones that don't mind are only into you for one thing...where are all the good ones gone
 eris187
Msg: 1174
Posted: 12/6/2006 1:54:30 PM
HERE HERE!!!!!

I get quite the looks from people when i tell them i got marreid at 18 and had 3 kids by the age off 22. I did it on purpose, NOT cuz i was easy or trying to 'get out' of having to work...i will only be in my mid-30's when there all grown up...still young enough to do the other things i have planed for my life...but also im young enough now to have the energy to run around after them after a long day at work.
As for finding a man that is OK with dating a single mom...Ive never had a problem, and as for dating a single dad..bring them on..wow..not having to get a sitter everytime we wanna do something...being able to spend time all together at a park..movies at home...the swimming pool..that would b great...
HEY SINGLE DADS OVER HERE!!!! MEMEMEME! PICK ME COACH!!! lol

however i would be consernd about said single dads disapline actions....I admit im a strick parent...i am the ruler of my household....I only say no to my kids ONCE! no, i dont beat them..(often..lol...jk)but i dont put up with crap either and i dont let them get the idea they walk all over me or throw a fit cuz they saw someother kids doing it.
i taught them early on MOMMY ALWAYS WINS!
I treat them with respect and i DEMAND the same
early on my family told me i was too hard on them and that it wouldnt get me anywhere...hahaha proved them wrong...my children have NEVER thrown a fit in a store...have excelent table/anywhere manners and im always getting complements on how well behaived they are... am i bragging..ok maybe a little, but u would b too.
happy holidays and a very excellent new year to u all!
 waynezworld
Msg: 1175
Posted: 12/6/2006 2:13:01 PM
I'd actually prefer to date someone with kids, especially ones closer to the ages of mine. I have my kids half of the time so just knowing someone has their own means they must like kids...right? And what's with people who do not want anyone with baggage...what's wrong with a couple cute duffle bags :)
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > do men actually exist that date women with kids??