Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 micmac1364
Msg: 478
view profile
History
do men actually exist that date women with kids??Page 5 of 122    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Men do exist, but not all men are capable of accepting the roll of being a daddy figure right away. It is a very hard thing to be...either a dad; or just to be out of the way when the real father isnt a deadbeat dad. I did it, but it was easier because their father was a deadbeat dad. I raised them ( without much help from their mother either) for 17 years ( they were 4 and 3 when i moved in with them) . It was very difficult at times. Its even worse on emotions if the father is very much involved. Its just a totally different circumstance.That is why some men are afraid of women with children. Its a very tough emotional rollercoaster sometimes and those problelms wouldnt be there if there werent children from another relationship. No matter how well the adults get along with each other there will be occasions when they argue over how to raise or discipline the children. Nothing is cut and dried when there are kids involved, if you dont treat them the way the mother wants, you really have no say in it. So what do you do ? You find something else to argue about, but its fake, and its really because of the kids.That is why its hard to find good men who will except a woman who has children. But they are out there. And today it goes both ways, some woman wont date a man who has children at home...equal rights i guess...
 GT99
Msg: 482
do men actually exist that date women with kids??
Posted: 6/1/2006 6:03:37 PM
didnt read all the posts here...

to answer your question.....yes there are men who will

I met a girl who is amazing...its early still but she has an 8 year old, sure, not something I am used to, but at 28 years old, alot of great women have kids...if I ruled her out on that I would lose out, besides...my cousin is a pro hockey player (drafted by tampa bay lightning) he said the only problem is getting attached to the kid if it goes bad, he stays in touch with the e because of her boy.

kids are part of her life, I dont want to get too close to soon, but who cares if she has kids.

both may parents are remarried, both have a kids (my 2 beautiful half sisters) and both my step dad and step mom are amazing...I am their child as well. I grew up with my dad and step mom...my step mom was one hell of an amazing mom to me.

kids can be fun to be around once you know them. If I passed on this girl because of her kid...I am the one who loses out
 fiveforme2
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2006 6:07:32 PM
I so totally agree with 6foot2 all man. I am a single mother of 5 children.....yes 5. By todays standards I am crazy. With having said that anyone that I have met have turned and ran pretty much when I mentioned 5. They didn't stick around to hear that I don't involve the kids and they have never met anyone that I have dated. children need to know they are secure in their home and it is not a place for "strangers" to wake up in or invade their space. So now I have resorted myself to the fact that I will be single for a very long time because I don't believe that there are any men out there that would want to join in the fun of my children. They are high energy and loveable, and dissobedient, and testing but they are great kids and that special someone that would have the open mind to enbrace me and my children would get back 6 times more.
 CuddlyBuddy
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2006 5:12:15 PM
Most Definatly. seems most the women i date have a child or two. i have great respect for the Mature(takes her responsibility serious. not draging her kid to party every friday) single mother as my mother was solo for a lot of years with 3 children.

chow
 GT99
Msg: 488
Posted: 6/2/2006 6:36:09 PM

i have a question, since you single moms have already meet the man of your dreams, got knocked up because he was so perfect and you loved that man so much you were going to marry him, why are you here on singles sites looking for someone? i mean you have already met the man of your dreams, why continue.

or is it you single moms just cant stay off your back and keep your legs together?

i know its a little late for this advise, but have you ever heard of the pill, or more to the extream, a shop vac and coat hanger?

wow, dont really know how to answer to that.

good luck with being single, with that attitude your going to be single for a LONG time.

I have no kids...but really, look at it this way...I was in a 9 year relationship...was going to be married...kids come with that, its all preferance, both of us felt we were not ready...but we could have been, you never know, depends on the time in your life. However after 9 years we decided we grew apart...it happens...so if we did have kids, under your logic, my ex GF was a hoe and couldnt keep her legs together?

I know alot of single moms who are not slutty, yet I also know alot of slutty girls without kids...your logic is flawed.

enjoy dating your hand for the rest of your life
 GT99
Msg: 492
Posted: 6/3/2006 8:37:28 AM
well to each their own I guess lol.

If you dont want a girl to talk and only for sex than you found your perfect woman I guess. But to most there is more to a relationship, sex is a bonus that comes along with it.

everyone has their opinions....its your call to not date women with kids and only you know the reason...alot of guys are like that, but to say what you said was a bit nasty and nowhere near the truth.

a woman who has a child can give great insight to how she is, in my experience the bond she has with her child shows the love she is capable of, compassion etc.

I would never date a woman who doesnt take care of her kids, someone who has kids to get mothers allowance (sadly I have met one like this)

but you cant judge all single moms and lump them in the same catagory
 kuvopolis
Msg: 494
Posted: 6/3/2006 12:43:26 PM
A single mother throws a red flag that maybe she exercises bad judgement with her choices of mates. What is to say she matured since then? Her first guy had all the fun and knocked her up, and now I'M supposed to pick up the pieces? No thanks. Sounds like I would be a doormat.
 Blackboot
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2006 3:22:27 PM
Well, I had never dated a woman with a kid until my last relationship. I usually avoided it for foolish reasons. However, I think now I will probably avoid it for even more reasons. This woman was unable to commit to a relationship, partially because of her child. The relationship would go perfect, I'd want to spend my life with her, then all of a sudden, she'd want out. That happened a couple times, and she'd figure out that she was just scared for her and her son. She didn't want to get further with someone that would eventually hurt her and her child. I never hurt her, and she knew that, it was just an underlying fear. So, finally, when I got to a point that I was ready to move further and make the commitment official...right when I was deeply in love with both her and her son, she just stopped talking to me. She broke it off, and I haven't seen her since.

Hopefully not all women with kids are this way.
 AirborneMedic
Msg: 500
Posted: 6/4/2006 4:42:53 AM
Just in reading some of the posts, I have gained somewhat an idea of what's going on. My ex and I have a son together, she was abusive, and very controling over who could and couldn't see our son. I tried everything I could think of to make things work, to make things better, but nothing worked. We fought, and yelled at each other, so I had to make a choice, either let them go, or allow him to grow up in a home where he thought abuse was a "normal part of life." I refused to allow him to think that, because I was NEVER raised with that i my mind. So here I am a year later, working through the courts to gain a part of his life, it's a fight, but I'm going to win, he's going to know who his father is, and how much I love him. With that said, I don't think I could ever not go out with a female because she had kids. I know I get passed over because I have a son, and hey that's okay, maybe I need another parent to help me in life, and understand me. And people have judged me as a bad person, because I haven't seen my son, well she won't allow me, and I'm working through the courts to make it happen. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it, but at least I'm not a deadbeat that wants nothing to do with his child. To be honest with you, I'd love to find a decent lady that would want me for ME, not because of something else, but because of me. If she had kids, that's fine, we could be one happy family, I wouldn't mind that at all. As for men shying away, I speak from being one, due to my job at the time, I didn't want to get 'attached' to the kids, and then something happening to me, and they ask where I'm at, or think that I've left them. I don't want any kid to ever have to face that. I guess it's the simple fact that many of us are looking for that 'perfect' relationship, I know I'm looking for someone that'll complete me, accept me, and not care so much about looks. I'm a big dood, compared to my son, I look like a giant. I just hope he knows how much daddy loves him. So it's like this, if you are a decent lady out there and would like to get to know me better, e-mail me, if yo uhave kids, that's no problem, if you don't have kids, that's no problem either. Anyhow, I hope that I've made sense, and that I've got some point across. Anyhow, y'all have a great night. ~~Matt~~
 kuvopolis
Msg: 505
Posted: 6/4/2006 1:47:16 PM
Sorry to hear about that; you should pull a Lorena Bobbitt on that guy.

The thing is that this is a dating site. Members do not have a lot of information to work with, so they have to filter the results out somehow. Dating someone with a kid, to be honest, has its complexities. The ex-spouse (if (s)he is still alive), dealing with kids when someone may not be ready to deal with them, revisiting the memories of their own evil step-parent, and the likelihood that someone would not be able to have kids of their own. Even if they did, imagine the dynamics between the half-siblings. And with the profiles being so generic, very rarely is someone's profile going to stand out so much that I will make the exception. Now there's this woman who has kids that I like, but I got to know her a little beforehand in a non-courtship manner, and so far she seems to stand out from the mediocrity that is Central Illinois.

If it seemed like I was generalizing, I am sorry. I kind of mixed the single parent problem with the unwanted pregnancy with a jerk problem. There is some overlap, but not as much as I implied. Nevertheless, I do feel leary about picking up the baggage of some guy who failed, someone I don't even know and will likely resent me.
 sparticuss
Msg: 516
Posted: 6/8/2006 1:36:00 AM
Men do. And they are common.

HOwever single mums are usually also ex wives. Ex wives who are still venting from the past divorce. And even the most paitent man gets sick of that disgusting behaviour in a short time.

Single mums yes. Venting ex wives NO! Regardlesss of the kids or lack of.
 kuvopolis
Msg: 529
Posted: 6/10/2006 11:05:41 AM
Fordman, what about the ex-husband (if he is alive and not incarcerated)? Are the kids not his responsibility? And maybe he would resent you pushing him away from his kids?
 urbigteddy
Msg: 540
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2006 5:41:11 PM
yes we do exist im proof if i really like you i dont care if you got 30 kids lol well thats a little extreme but you get what im sayin. Most guys are scared that you want them to take care of them but you got to realize one thing if you want the mom the kids come with its a package deal i love kids and i dont have any but besides that i wouldnt mind havin a girl with kids. in fact my ex had a baby and i helped raise it for 7 months of its life and put out alot of money and got attached to her then dumbed like a pile of shit. but hey shit happens right. lol i think that is another point guys just dont want to get attached to them and then have them ripped away you no but dont worry we are out there just got to keep truckin
 ScottfromNewYork
Msg: 547
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2006 5:51:39 PM
I am 48 and I always wanted children and still do. I realize that as the years go on, the reality of having children is fading. If I met a woman with children, I would certainly welcome the woman and her children into my life.
 greenthumb3683
Msg: 551
Posted: 6/14/2006 11:36:51 AM
That is one of the very reason I'm single is cuz my ex waits 7 years to tell me he wants me but not my kids and they r very good kids mind u .one incollege and the other makes stright A in high school.But he did'nt raise his me and his ex and her husband did more than he ever has so they r grown and he needs me nomore. How funny is that!!
 rwak4u
Msg: 565
Posted: 6/15/2006 10:21:30 PM
Why not I can date a lady with kids. Whats wrong with that, and I like kids though I dont have any. If u are sweet you are welcome.
 octanehammer
Msg: 570
Posted: 6/16/2006 8:12:00 PM
Some do. However, I have noticed something quite disturbing...I have meet a number of 20 something single ladies lately. It seems as though an increasing proportion have children as opposed to those who don't. I am NOT say saying they are the majority by any means, but of the ones I meet, an increasing percentage have children. Being 32, and possibly seeking my "initial" relationship, the thought of "instant family" just add dad, are somewhat unsettling. But some days I find myself wondering are there any left who don't already have kids?
 sparticuss
Msg: 580
Posted: 6/18/2006 2:52:04 AM
There are plenty of men who DATE women with kids.

HOWEVER

There are limited numbers of men who date women who are only seeking fathers for their kids and not dates.
These men are those who WANT families. Not girlfriends.

And there are NO MEN WHATSOEVER who date man haters, who are continually bytchin about what barstards men are and who then abuse their children by blaming thier children for their failure to score dates. Nobody likes either a man hater or a child abuser.
 hazmatsafety2000
Msg: 592
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:15:33 AM
I wanted to add my thoughts. I am a single mom with a career and complete stability and no need for a man just the want lol. I would like to say that my problem has been that when a man starts tro feel me slipping away he wants to get close to my kids. The only reason he does this is to get into my pants not because they are a stand up guy. So women like me that are not desperate for a man find it disturbing and puts are defenses up when a man automatically wants everything to do with my kids.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >