Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 50
What does splitting the bill mean?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
LOL, I thought the horse was so dead his bones were on display in the museum!
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 51
What does splitting the bill mean?
Posted: 5/31/2018 7:59:03 PM
This reminds me of a little birdie I heard outside my window this morning. It had this refrain of, “cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep!”
 mikeparkin2
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2018 8:11:32 PM
If both people are working then I don't see why one should fund the other.

I just have a drink on a first date and I pay for both.
I don't usually buy expensive meals for people I don't know.
Although, have been known to give beggars money for a meal.
 tallworkingman83
Msg: 53
Posted: 6/2/2018 2:57:46 AM
OP:

To split the bill means splitting the bill 50/50 which is neither good or bad. After all, a relationship is two people putting in equal effort to make it work.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2018 11:36:37 PM

Simply ask for separate checks. Problem solved.

That's Exactly what splitting the bill means. You split the bill based on what each person ordered. It's does Not mean splitting it in half no matter what each person ordered. If a guy or gal suggests splitting the bill and says to cut it in half, either what each ordered is basically the same -- or they're being naive/hasty and made a (most likely) honest mistake.
Posted: 6/4/2018 4:50:19 AM

LOL, I thought the horse was so dead his bones were on display in the museum!

The reason why this and a few other topics will go on and on and seem to be forever unresolved is because many people who discuss it don't realize that it isn't really about any kind of logic that we can figure out such that we arrive at a general consensus. It's not simply about different practices which have or have not been examined...by people who have good honest intentions. There's something else going on.

One of the biggest reasons for the different practices is because some people are 'players' of some sort or another...their intentions are not honest or genuine, they are manipulative, and they might not be after the same thing as another person they'd date. So, you'll never improve another's thinking or understanding...because they're not trying to 'do right' in the first place. They don't care about what's right, appropriate, or honest.

Therefore, while one person thinks that they're arguing for what makes sense, the other person doesn't really care for what makes sense; You need to see them for the 'player' that they are and realize that you're talking to one of the 'bad guys' - you ain't never gonna change their mind, because their intentions aren't honorable in the first place.
 reverendswine
Msg: 56
Posted: 6/4/2018 5:06:13 AM

There's something else going on.

I'll tell you what it is. Evil. Pure fúcking evil. Check out this thread to get a better idea.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16707798.aspx

You'll see Flowersinthelake took it upon herself to slam this guy's appearance for no reason whatsoever (meanwhile, she doesn't even have the guts to post a picture of herself) and NewYorker reminds her she left out something else that supposedly makes him undesirable......HIS AMPUTATED FOOT.

If this isn't an all-time LOW for these forums, I don't know what the hell is. Absolutely fücking despicable
 MsMicki
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 5:53:55 AM
Completely agree with ya Rev!!
Giving rude a whole new meaning there!!
 cooldog65
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 6:58:25 AM
I checked it out Pig (reverendswine). Unbelievable...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 7:51:44 AM

You'll see Flowersinthelake took it upon herself to slam this guy's appearance for no reason whatsoever (meanwhile, she doesn't even have the guts to post a picture of herself) and NewYorker reminds her she left out something else that supposedly makes him undesirable......HIS AMPUTATED FOOT.

If this isn't an all-time LOW for these forums, I don't know what the hell is. Absolutely fücking despicable

Holy moly!
WTAF?

OT: I don't get the question.
Splitting the bill means just that.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/4/2018 7:55:08 AM
Wouldn't let me edit and I realized after that splitting the bill means he doesn't like you, he has
no interest in a relationship with you, he doesn't respect you and you don't respect yourself, and
you're wicked easy and desperate, according to the wimmins in the know in the forums.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 11:04:28 AM
Well you know why they do that sh!t cause their a$$es have been soaking in buttermilk for so long they have developed saggy bottoms that no man ever wants to touch.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 11:17:21 AM
^^^WTF was that?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 11:46:53 AM
Buttermilk? Well it's a diary product actually if you don't know.

The statement is basically saying they are so full of bullsh!t, what they say is so incredibly unbelievable they have achieved soggy a$$ syndrome.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 12:09:04 PM
Yeah, but who is full of bullshit? What are you even talking about??
The thread is about splitting the bill.

Geez.
Take your angry outside

The forums have really filled up with angry, mean, ****y people.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 1:38:31 PM
The forums aren't yours to dictate who's opinion is allowed and who's isn't you do own the forums you never did. Your just a lady who thinks she controls the world, but you don't control nothing. Spending their life on a forum crying about insulting and attacking without so much as common sense to say okay that wasn't directed at you cause you think everything is about you. Guess what it's not actually that would be only in your own little world which you think everyone wants to be a part of.

As you can see in my profile I am outside... Kinda shows your lack of intelligence in that matter but good call there swifty.

browneyesboo
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 1:40:24 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought.
You should get a hobby or seek some help.
Or have some buttermilk and cookies

MsMicki
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 3:06:22 PM
I have always wondered what kind of drugs folks are using before they post in here!

Now I know.....it's just buttermilk!!
 reverendswine
Msg: 68
Posted: 6/5/2018 3:36:52 PM
It's a drug called Cantgetlaidatol.
 TomásIasan
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 6/5/2018 3:44:17 PM
I am the one who needs help the topic went from splitting the bill to women insult an Amputee and that I commented towards that still not understanding where you ladies think it has anything to do with you unless of course you over there too. Oh right you thought I was referring to splitting the bill right sorry no I didn't actually read what boo said cause well she quoted her opinion on what Rev said I commented on that part. Not the whatever you 2 think I was voicing an opinion on but you know so hard to follow people with their back and forth sh!t half of the people who write sh!t I never even look at as Boo you were that cause I figured you would support the ladies right to insult you are so good at it. *rolls eyes*

Yeah I need help alright I came back here thinking you people would gain some sort of intelligence and actually contribute anything to anyone other than be wommins in the know. Know all see all just like the all mighty and powerful wizard of Oz you must be related smh.

Wouldn't know about drugs or buttermilk I don't drink either I thought you ladies have it so much in your homes you clearly are soaking something in it. I don't eat buttermilk cookies I actually eat oatmeal made by Dad's cause well their the best cause their man made, got to support that.
 Chambella_
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 5:38:47 PM

LOL
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2018 11:24:28 PM

splitting the bill means he doesn't like you, he has no interest in a relationship with you, he doesn't respect you and you don't respect yourself

Actually too many guys are hasty to think the other way around, if she opts to split the bill (=each pay their own).

Which reminds me: If a gal firmly plays the "friends first" gig, which = "Just friends at first" -- is a gal still going to be ticked if the guy opts for separate checks or doesn't opt to pay the whole thing or virtually the whole thing?
 TomásIasan
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 9:55:08 AM

Yep good one right up with mustabinyalastwife.

westy604
Msg: 73
Posted: 6/7/2018 5:57:45 PM
In the past gentleman always gets the dinner check and pays it...

but now that women work and earn then its fine to have separate checks...
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 74
Posted: 6/7/2018 11:30:14 PM
I’ve done my research. I was curious.
Check is an acceptable spelling for cheque, but only in American English.
I feel better now.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >