Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 75
dating a recently divorced person?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think people are crazy for a year after their divorce. I don't want to be the rebound girlfriend, dealing with crazy-making behavior: "Now I want you / Now I don't."
 Asarat11
Msg: 76
dating a recently divorced person?
Posted: 12/28/2012 9:34:32 AM
"Smart Barbie", heh heh, Hi YBNG.

Pre-determining an outcome based on a person's current situation, past history, experience, etc. almost always leads to failure or a missed opportunity - as expectations usually never equal reality - whether positive or negative.
 larissan04
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:11:39 AM
Recently divorced men are difficult to date, I agree. I think everyone, male and female, needs time to figure out what they want before jumping into a relationship again. I also think that many men need some time to run around a bit before they get into a relationship again. Some people don't need this time, however, and are more "relationship" types. Statistics show that most men get married again after a divorce, but women are less likely to do so. If you are dating a recently divorced person, I think it's best to not put pressure on he or she and to take things slow. They just might not be ready for anything serious.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:02:07 PM
Asarat's posts have been pearls of wisdom re: this topic.

Additionally, for some divorced folk, the actual divorce took place long before the legal formalities. Even when still maintaining the same household, the marriage was long gone. Sure, there may be some minor trauma associated with the actual legal parting of ways (who gets the Saw Stop table saw or the hand hammered Chinese wok) but the deep emotional agony of a marriage gone down the crapper is mostly removed from the present day. Their response to relational freedom may indeed be different than those who have had to deal with a sudden fracture.

TK
[Fracture?, more like dissociative (personality/identity) disorder]
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >