Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cotter
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Breastfeeding in public...approve or disapprove?Page 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
APPROVE ...

People need to quit being so inhibited about natural body processes.
I breastfed all four of my children for various lengths of time. I did not flaunt it but also did not run and hide when my baby needed nourishment.

Anyone who can't handle it just needs to look away and keep quiet while the little one has dinner.
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 307
Breastfeeding in public...approve or disapprove?
Posted: 6/10/2011 2:05:58 AM
Oh goodness, we'd better not breastfeed our children in public in case we offend someone! I mean, how offensive is it to see a woman feeding her child?
I suppose people who are offended would rather hear a child scream in hunger than see it being fed. Get a life!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 308
Posted: 6/10/2011 3:27:18 AM
Every where we look there are boobies..partial boobies anyway.

Who cares?

Crying and unhappy baby..Oh no.

Shut it up!! Borrow a boobie if you need to.

Now don't change that diaper in front of me..We will have words.
 robertkoascorpio
Msg: 309
Posted: 8/12/2011 10:46:32 AM
Scientifically- it's quite well documented that babies who are breast fed (and they can be both bottle and breast fed) tend to have more antibodies, and statistically are healthier.

If a baby needs to be fed and the woman is discreet and in a safe environment and covers herself with a blanket, whatever- why not ?

Remember- if someone moves away it may be about respecting privacy, not necessarily that he/ she disapproves of this.

A good place to breastfeed a baby if you are out all day is of course the car still using a blanket which gives a lot of privacy/safety., IMO then back to the Mall or whatever you were doing.
Msg: 310
Posted: 8/13/2011 10:47:08 AM

You make a valid point, except for one tiny problem...no one needs to drink urine to live.
We do need to urinate to stay alive though and urinating is natural.
 shmodzilla
Msg: 311
Posted: 8/14/2011 5:26:03 AM
I'll bet if we told all the people that say its unnecessary to breast feed a baby in public that they have to give up public cell phone use in exchange ( which is 99 percent unnecessary) they would drop the topic in a heartbeat .
 shmodzilla
Msg: 312
Posted: 8/14/2011 5:28:22 AM
My only complaint ( jokingly) is SOOO many times i have walked by and been checking out a cute mom not realizing that is what she was doing until it looked like i was staring because she was feeding the baby!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 313
Posted: 8/16/2011 5:10:55 AM
Approve-wish every mother would breast feed, it is the best food for a human, hands down.

Formula is a good filler for when Mommy cant be there, but breast is best, no matter what the ad campaigns say.

Im always shocked that people will react so negatively to seeing tit once in awhile...tits were not made to be pushed up and to create a sexual look...yes it is nice that they have that effect, but thier primary use is for feeding the young and we are too caught up in the sexiness of boobs to realise we make young mothers feel badly for thier bodies doing exactly what they are designed to do. Shamefull really.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 314
Posted: 8/21/2011 9:00:47 PM
Anyone who has a proble with a mother feeding her child in public, or sees something sexual in breastfeeding, has the issue, not the mother.
 someonehere2
Msg: 315
Posted: 8/22/2011 5:07:06 PM
I don't see it as a problem. If the baby needs milk, the baby needs to be fed, right? Anyone who sees it as a problem is being dumb.

I have family in Mexico, and a lot of people do it all the time. I think the whole issue of public breastfeeding is more of an American issue. I really don't see an issue with feeding a child in public.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 316
Posted: 8/22/2011 8:14:43 PM
me: anytime anywhere my baby cried and wants to eat of course I obliged. I would be discreet and cover up with a blanket or thier sling would cover me. There is NOTHING wrong with BF in public just dont go full monty and have your size D's out for all to see, be discreet and MOST ppl will hav no problems at all. Its a natural thing and I I did it everywhere I wanted when THEY WANTED.

I would also tell ppl to go to hell when I got snarky remarks THERE'S A BATHROOM FOR THAT!!! oh really so since YOU are eating too why dont you take your late and sandwich ,sit on the shitter and eat it? My child is EATING just like you so shove it! would you eat in the bathroom? NO.. neither will my baby.
 countryshorty31
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2011 10:00:34 PM
To me, this is such a non-issue. Live and let live. Mind your own business. Let a mother feed her child. Get over it.
 gentleplus
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 8/26/2011 10:17:42 AM
As a culture we allow /approve of thong bikinis but have issues with breast feeding..... go figure.... I think it is natural and appropriate as long as reasonably discreet in any setting
 missraven1
Msg: 319
Posted: 9/1/2011 2:22:03 AM
This shouldn't even be up for debate. Baby comes first. Who cares about what anyone else thinks. Feeding from the breast mightn't be the easiest thing (so I've heard) but it's what nature intended. Anyway the wowsers can be comforted by the fact that the nipple and areola should be hidden from view as to properly latch on the infant's mouth covers the area including a bit of the breast itself, hence the term 'breastfeeding'. So only a mound of flesh (if not covered) is visible, not much different to seeing cleavage.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 320
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:23:38 AM
Approve, approve, approve.

I breastfed for over 13 months...if anyone ever had a comment about it, they were shut down by me with one look. You dont like to see it? Then dont look at it. The babies head covers everything just fine and there is nothing more beautiful than mother nature providing for her young.

I have also stepped in when a mother was being made to feel 'dirty'...its the onlookers who are dirty...they peobably also see children as sexual beings...they are the screwed up ones, not the natural mother doing exactly what nature intended.

It is a sick society who can only feel comfy with fake milk being served from fake nipples.
 allthegoodnamesrtaken1
Msg: 321
Posted: 9/20/2011 6:32:26 AM
Breastfeeding in public .......great idea. However its been said in this forum, see above, that onlookers can see something else & some may even view children as sexual objects.

Given that even you (femaleconnection) are aware of this possibility.......breastfeed with discretion. Easy fix for everyone.

Its a beautiful thing for mother and baby, but the moment I see a woman who is all about whipping her breast out....fully exposed....then looking around like *What!!??*

She's challenging the public at that point. She's *seeking* out confrontation.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 322
Posted: 3/12/2013 9:44:14 PM
As long as babies face and mom's boobs are covered im good!
 mitchozie
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2013 11:07:15 PM
Next to childbirth itself, breastfeeding is the best thing a mother can do for her infant. The BS, encouraging giving the child formula, is just that BS. Follow your instincts, and don't worry about public approval (or disapproval).
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 324
Posted: 4/3/2013 5:25:05 AM
Do what is right for your little one. But I agree with above that if you're going to do it, don't be upset by onlookers. What we do in public is just that, public. So deal with it.
 Sciencetreker
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2013 3:56:55 PM
I don't care. Go for it. I do my best not to stare to make a mother uncomfortable. However as a healthy male I do fantasize about the unoccupied breast. Is there is an extra place setting?
 whippedboi
Msg: 326
Posted: 4/4/2013 7:21:33 AM

.they are the screwed up ones, not the natural mother doing exactly what nature intended.

"nature" also' intended' men too pee ( and also poop) outdoors wherever convenient.."nature" didn't 'intend' bathrooms and outhouses, etc.

by this logis why is there a big problem about whipping it out & relieving pressure on the bladder wherever, whenever. it is certainly not "SEXUAL" only DIRTY people would see it that way

it is a natural function of getting rid of bodily wastes.

also I don't think that "nature intended" people to wear clothing yet people seem to get upset if one doesn't do so in public.

if you insist on the "natural way" it would open up many things that people have made up silly rules about
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 327
Posted: 4/4/2013 7:57:17 AM

"nature" also' intended' men too pee ( and also poop) outdoors wherever convenient.."nature" didn't 'intend' bathrooms and outhouses, etc.

by this logis why is there a big problem about whipping it out & relieving pressure on the bladder wherever, whenever. it is certainly not "SEXUAL" only DIRTY people would see it that way

For starters based on your post you seem to have a limited understanding of nature, as making statement with reference to what nature intended really show that you do not understand.

Nature does not intend anything, nature is what nature is.

Now that said, if you can not understand the difference between having a crap in public vs breastfeeding then the problem of understanding is all yours and you should wear that derp proudly, as clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
 milklover
Msg: 328
Posted: 4/13/2013 6:14:43 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Damn this country is so prudish compared to other places in the world. People need to get over a lot of things here in the US and concentrate on things that are actually important.

And whether it's sexual or not is perspective. Obviously if you're feeding a baby it isn't. If you're feeding me then it is. Nothing wrong with that either lol. Well, maybe not in public..
 satx78218
Msg: 329
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2013 7:27:32 AM
"this country is so prudish"

Australian joke on USA:

"you Americans ridicule Australia because of many of its original settlers were English POMmies (prisoners of her majesty), but America was founded by English Puritans, and that's much worse" :)
 Debyduz_
Msg: 330
Posted: 4/27/2013 7:19:41 PM
Breasts were made for babies to eat from not to be sexual organs.

If you can't deal with seeing boob stay home. Guys walk around with shirts of all the time.

Grow up. Evolve a little.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  >