Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 349
single parents smoking potPage 25 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
uhh huhh.... i dont need to be 33 to know what im talking about thanks...

shall i make it easier for you... kindergarten terms hmmm???

smoking pot is badddd.... naughty... stinky ...yucky...ewwww.......

do i need to put a yuk sticker on mommies and daddies pot bag for you???
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 354
single parents smoking pot
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:06:08 PM
reading someones posts and making a snap judgement and bashing them for not being wise...and then continuing to harass them do you really think thats wise??

oh yes and let me see suggesting to me TO HAVE ONE??? NOW TELL ME IS THAT WISE?? i think not for gods sake. Im 8 months pregnant...insanly in love and the only reason I come here is to amuse myself... thanks for entertaining me!!! LOL>.
and with age does not come widom and you are the true testament to that. Find someone else to piss off.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 358
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:35:12 PM
that is what my entire debate is all about... im advocating for the kids...

i dont give a rats ass if you wanna fry your brain... heck just take it out..add some oil and fry it up for dinner...

but to do it.. posses it in the vicinity of children..have your home stink of it.. then preach to your children that drinking and drugs are bad?? WTF are you to tell your kids that when you YOURSELF are not practicing what you are preaching..

that to me is being a complete HYPOCRITE.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 375
Posted: 3/28/2007 7:58:36 PM
ok for your information...and to those who care....i have been on this site since it began.

I made several of the rules threads.. the welcome newbies threads and also THE SINGLE PARENTS FORUM. I prefer to be out of the picture....

this thread is strictly for ppls view on single parents smoking pot, not to verbally choke the hell outta eachother so grow up ppl. Some of us have very strong views on this some more than others. I DETEST IT, some dont care.... and some do it quietly away from the vicinity of kids.

I have been to amsterdam and germany and EVERYONE smokes. I saw ppl doing bongs at the dinner table. It was tobacco...not pot. drinking at dinner and having JAGERMEISTER after dinner ( even the kids) settles your stomach, and you can even have KILLEPICH if you are sick. Thats the only way i can ok family drinking. In moderation...and its a way of life, and almost a religion with europeans...same as the french and wine with dinner.
 Puckbetty
Msg: 376
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:03:36 PM

ortunately for us weed smokers there are such loopholes...

Wow so nice to know that when raising your kids your all about the loop holes..... your mom must be so proud
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 378
Posted: 3/28/2007 9:24:22 PM
spews my tea.........

and you tell me im not wise nor mature and my posts are likened to a teenager??? GAFB.

parents SHOULD not be looking for so called 'loopholes" to resist getting in crap dont you think???

look im not saying any parent should be thrown in jail and thier kids taken away if you do pot. But dont go around being proud of it saying its ok like its second nature, when its obviously not.

and hell yes.. IT IS ILLEGAL.
 gentlepatrick
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2007 5:44:05 AM
23 pages of debate? wow
topic doesnt interest me enough to read it all. I find it fairly obvious - adults should have adult activities that are none of the kid's business ( that includes a sex life!!!) for some, that includes alcohol and/or pot - to others it doesnt. why is my choice of concern to anyone else. Some think having any drink in front of a child is bad - I don't. Getting real drunk in front of kid or while 'in charge of' the kid is bad, IMHO.

I do draw a line with pot - I don't think a parent should let child see or even know they smoke pot - its illegal and controversial. however, to actually smoke it? well responsibly, yes go for it if it's your thing.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 385
Posted: 3/29/2007 7:46:20 AM
whatever I have better things to do with my life than argue with a pothead.

happy smoking!
 TETRO
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2007 11:25:55 AM
iF YOU BIGGEST CONCERN IS POT IN THIS DAY AND AGE ,GIVE YER HEAD A SHAKE,many other dirty substances are flowing in our citys. It is simple dont smoke in front of them ,see the big wooden thing go through that and wow your outside.Last time i heard pot doesn't put holes in your brain, as far as worrying about what others are doing worry about what YOUR doing,Most are raising without any type of disipline
It is all about choice ,sooner or later they will grow and have to choose between right and wrong,
 Diggy03
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2007 10:35:21 AM
I find it truly amazing how you all go on and on all the while attempting to justify why you do or don't smoke pot.

Who cares.

In all honesty... aren't we all trying to do what is right for our children? So some aren't as perfect as others (or so some think they are) and they need a crutch to get through the stresses of what is known as LIFE. Boo f'n hoo. Get off yer a***s and change your life if you are so depressed about it.

If you want to discuss individual's who smoke pot, how about individual's who are alcholics, or individual's who stuff their feelings with food, or individual's who are addicted to prescription medication's... I could go on and on and on.

Now I am not advocating for or against smoking marijuana.. but what if the said individual's are smoking marijuana for "medicinal" purposes and have an actual prescription for it? Would you still condone it?

I think there are too many sterotypes in society and too many people too quick to judge others. I say until you have lived in someone else's shoes and life you have no right to be judge and jury.

Meh... my 2 cents for what it's worth.
 mantras
Msg: 393
Posted: 3/31/2007 4:06:53 AM
I lost my family because of the stigma of pot. Been using since before my daughter was born, (mom too) and since she got pregnant she stopped. I would usually toke a few after work with a cigarette and then go in and do the family thing for the rest of the night. She thought I was being selfish so she took my child and left. (really left they live over 2000 mi. away) People have to realise that pot is totally different than booze or other narcotics. Especially for chronic users who are used to pot so it affects them differently. I am an auto mechanic, which means that people trust their lives to my judgement. The key with pot use is good judgement.

There's nothing wrong with pot and it should be legal.
 Puckbetty
Msg: 394
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:25:54 PM
This whole thread started of in regards to pot vs booze. An someone's opinion that pot has less effect on the body.... How so.... a joint has carncigines equal to that of 40 cigerettes... Red Wine has been proven to ward off cancer.. Sure Pots helpful once you get the chronic pain..... but do you really want it?

People here we are mostly adults... and as adults should be making judgements on how we are going to be living our lives. I might be pious.... More than likely am.... but I want what is best for my son... and mind alteration is not that.... I have the same stance on scientology and cults in general which are many of the "religions" which welcome and encourage pot use.

Being of sound judgement and able to make solid decisions that he can be proud of later is my thing now.... whether he is with me at the time or not..... and yes I am a WAY cheaper drunk now than before.

If you think that you are able to raise your kids and look them in the eyes and tell them what and why you do it and the fact that how you live your life has nothing to do with them..... my door will always be open.... my son's friends will always be able to come over what ever the time... the same way my friends we welcome when their parents had different priorities.

By the way... sorry about your mom... but so is my grandma and I still would like to think that she would be ok with my choices...can you say the same
 iamtheone39
Msg: 395
Posted: 3/31/2007 8:43:24 PM
Boy,thank goodness I missed the heated debate...debating about the "legality" of pot!? O.K...Hey,if I steal something and don't get caught stealing it,does it make me "taking it" illegal?...not in some of the poster's book on this thread. Also..If it isn't illegal for me to crap on your sidewalk,does that make it right?...that is the logic in these posts. I mean there has to be a time in a person's life (hopefully) when they just have to say,"I am too old to be smoking a "dubie" or sitting in the bars getting wasted." Each person has to decided when that time has come for them. I personally didn't have my kids til I was older,so my time is now...to be an example for my kids...there is enough bad in the world that I don't need to show them any more "bad" examples...just my 2 pennies.
 LONEWOLF269
Msg: 396
Posted: 4/2/2007 9:06:35 PM
ok so where do i begine?
Well lets see i live in Canada and it is not illgal to smoke pot you are allowed to have up to an oz on you as long as it is not broken down for sale.

Point number two: Booze is a poison made by man pot is a herb that grows naturaly.

Point number three: Booze kills your brain cells and your liver, pot only puts your brain cells to sleep up to 7 hours (proven fact).

Point number four: How meny times have you heard of a parent that has bet the shit out of his kid after they smoked a joint vs a parent that has put thier kid in the hospital because they where drunk?

Point number five: How meny poeple out there have lost family and loved ones to drunk drivers? vs some one who has smoked a joint?
So if you can answer my last few questions please do......
Now im not saying that drinking or drugs are good or bad but in my opinion i think that you should drink in small amounts a if you smoke pot do it when your kids are not with you or after they go to bed the same should go for the booze to.
 Puckbetty
Msg: 397
Posted: 4/7/2007 7:48:37 PM
How come all of the post for pot are written by people who appear to be well... a few beans short in some areas.....

Booze is just as natural as pot.... fermentation is a natural process humans have just mastered it... kinds the same way Jim Bob has in his basement.

Haven't heard of anyone beating their kids.... lighting their house on fire while on pot.... Yup.

Point five is just asinine...... People get in accidents on pot too... don't think it doesn't happen.

Get Firefox.. then it will spell check for you on screen.... typos make the point for others not for yourself
 Beerformyhorses
Msg: 399
Posted: 8/12/2007 2:21:19 PM
Drugs and alcohol have no real upside.
The human body was never built to have these toxins put into it.
They are toxins, poisons, they are just enough poison in a small enough dose to make you feel a certain way without killing you by changing the chemical ballance in the brain.

We do USE them to create a certain feeling or change a feeling.
What ever was the cause of that feeling is still there when you're done.
Relaxed, take the edge off, happy.

If you cannot either achieve these feelings or live through the counter side, fear, gloomy, a little frazzled wound up, with out a drug or alcohol, which IS a drug, then there is something you need to take a look at.
It usually means there's something wrong if you experience these negative feelings and thought patterns.
They are thier to tell you there's something up.
Using is the easy way out, although not really as they compound the problem and stop you from ever fixing it, and nothing changes 'till something changes.

Anything else is the egos way of justifying and rationalising the using so we don't have to go through the discomfort of the change.
Also known as denial.

Would you throw a few spoons of sugar in the gas tank of your new car on a regular basis?
After all, it won't hurt it THAT much.
At least not for now.

KIWI3nme
Msg: 420
Posted: 8/20/2007 7:38:00 PM
PASS THE DUTCHIE TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE"""

pass the dutchie...........la la la la...... holy fuuukkkkk are you sure its just wacky tobaccee shes smokin??? pot doesnt make you completly messed up like that!!!!!!!!

as for having your children witness thier mother DOING and preparing drugs WTF ARE YOU THINKING????????????????????????? fine.....DO POT MASH YER BRAINS A BIT MORE...........but DOT NOT I REPEAT DO NOT DO IT WHATSOEVER IN THE PRESENCE OF CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!
 Earthen_Angel
Msg: 421
Posted: 8/21/2007 8:48:38 AM
I would have read thru this whole thing but theres 20+ pages lol.

I told my dad once after my brother died, because he was berating himself over my brothers death that it was his fault as a parent, that you can only teach your children the best you know and do your best by trying to show them examples - in the end they make their own decisions.

I really honestly believe this.

The reason I posted that is because my dad has smoked around me my entire life, infact that only one other than myself that doesnt smoke is my mom. That being said, I'm perfectly healthy, I have absolutely no health issues apart from being anemic which I'm told is a female curse, and have only tried smoking once and then only done it socially.

The odd weekend, maybe a month apart, I will have 1 or 2 drinks infront of my son before I go to bed. I don't think it harms him. I think it shows him how to treat alcohol responsibly. I wont ever go near drugs because I've seen how they f-ed up my brothers life and what it did to him.

Point is, I would rather have my son know how to deal with alcohol responsibly than learn it from the thousands of teenagers in school. And while I'd like to be niave and think that he wont smoke pot because I don't, I do remember being a teenager and I know there will come a point in his life when he'll ask me about it, and even want to try it. Which I will most likely allow, but I'll be damned sure he knows about the risks associated with drug abuse beforehand. I watched my brother ruin his life with it I'm not going to watch my son do the same. But no I'm not going to beat him. If you try to restrict your kids from anything, they'll only run to it harder and faster. It's been proven time and again.
 Earthen_Angel
Msg: 423
Posted: 8/21/2007 10:45:35 AM
oh i know the thread wasnt started in regards to alcohol, it just came up later in the topic ..each to their own though, we all have different methods of parenting and as i said i dont do drugs, not even pot...i've been totally turned off it since watching it ruin my brothers life..so theres no worries there..
 Earthen_Angel
Msg: 425
Posted: 8/21/2007 11:10:28 AM
oh i know this well, we even put him in rehab and had him cleaned up for a time, let me rephrase that, i've seen what the addiction can do..
 yayawhatever
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2007 1:39:01 PM
Off Topic Posting removed/Thread cleaned.

Thanks to those who remained on topic.
 eye4light
Msg: 427
Posted: 3/29/2008 8:40:51 PM
If you can't give up tokin' for 18 years, you're not ready to have kids.

Kids do what they see you do. Let them them grow up before they decide how to lead their lives.

Simple as that.

Besides, if you can't give up your roach, you got a problem.

miss minnie
Msg: 428
Posted: 3/30/2008 1:05:31 AM
Obviously u have not kept up with the latest studies concerning marijuana. It is not harmless as previously thought as consistently using it gives rise to serious mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and extreme paranoia. I know this because my ex husband has abused pot for over 20 years and it's made him as mad as a meat axe. Although, he is still holding down his position as school principal, but only just. How would people feel if they knew the pot smoking principal was in charge of their children.
 beecooler
Msg: 429
Posted: 3/30/2008 5:34:21 PM
do what you will, but remember that imparment is imparment. What you do effects the kids. Pot does have it's uses but you need to be honest with yourself and ask the tough questions. Is It really worth the trouble it may be causing??
 4408joseph
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2008 9:14:16 AM

And illegal. And I would NEVER do anything that would even remotely risk having my child taken away from me. Do the parents that smoke pot think about that?

Ummmm, not illegal everywhere... Not even in the US, but that's another thread.

For the pot smokers here where, yes you can lose your kids over it....
Do the parents that smoke pot think about that?

Well, duh??? NO!! I'm around construction field, and I'm the A-HOLE that goes on the jobs screaming and cussing at the guys when I smell it....

If they are gonna run a crane, be on structual steel, drive heavy equpiment etc etc etc which they are in control if someone lives or dies, then come-on it's all about theirselves.

Thes people do not have enough sense to see you get in a traffic accident (that aint their fault) and because there is a jay in the ash tray, off to social services goes a kid that was in the car... at least in my state.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >