Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DUstine
Msg: 132
single parents smoking potPage 3 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
oops I double posted

silly rapid typing .......I will just erase this one and say
to everyone have a good night - I am going to the BC thread now where everyone "acts" high and doesnt have a care in the world --- jk - they are a lot of fun and nice light
see ya there maybe one day when you want to have fun
cheers
 get REEL
Msg: 134
single parents smoking pot
Posted: 8/23/2006 7:51:36 PM
^^^^^^ LIKES WG ^^^^^^
I think she has a crush on you write guy
shes just playing hard to get
why else would she spend so much time - kibitzing and trying to hook ya!

.......................................................get hearts

get REEL
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/23/2006 8:49:20 PM
fiesty.>>>>>>>>>>...should single parents suck helium ???

next thread - I cant wait for the stats - I bet some people know all about the squeaky voice syndrome and how it affects children of single parents
Oh I kill myself

.........................................................................get balloons!

river - dam - and I thought I could help match make wg finally!
Sorry WG.... looks like your only REEL crush is stumpy!
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/24/2006 3:19:59 PM
LOL...... i should have bought that shirt on the weekend that said ------> "his playground " on my girlies....

now if there was another guy standing beside me well then.........

ok we have neighbors our age....we have kids the same age...we sit around outside at the patio table playing poker and passing a fat one around. The kids all safely tucked into bed.Do we do it often??? No....do we let it get in way of our parenting?? NO...do we do it near our children ?? NO....

Its everyones right to do something like this in the privacy of thier own backyard....but i have to tell you honestly...i know another mom and dad who cut...roll...and smoke it near thier kids and THAT pisses me right off....there is a time and a place for that....far far away from children.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/24/2006 3:23:11 PM
oh.... i must add as well....it took me about 4 yrs to ever hold one in my hand since my teens...i hated it...and hold little to no interest in that crap at all...id rather hold a yummy cooler in my hand than one of those things.......
 get REEL
Msg: 152
Posted: 8/24/2006 9:26:18 PM
[QUOTE]all guys who are a 140 lbs with good hygiene who are afraid to post a picture of themselves, would make an excellent prison b1tch, [/QUOTE]

THATS ME BABE ^^^^^^^^^^ YOUR DREAM GIRL!
.................................................................................get bars

OT
ps Fiesty....I'm sure most men will quit puffing on j's to puff on you!....atta girl
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/7/2007 5:19:05 PM
common sense people

it all boils down to common sense with the child's best interest in your heart.. some people may bend this way while others bend the other... at least at the core, the best interest is indeed considered
 sweetestthang
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/7/2007 7:12:46 PM
come on do u really not know that smoking drugs infront of your child is a bad decision....use your common sense...or have u smoked all that away.....help keep your childs innocence as long as u possibly can.
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/7/2007 9:56:12 PM
But depending what kind of Pot your smoking, How big of a Toke you take, it could effect you allot more. Most people after smoking a joint are less coherent then after drinking even 2 pints of beer...

^^ dont forget to add how long youve been smoking too... some can smoke a whole joint and still function perfectly normal.. those people scare me when they say they arent addicts
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/8/2007 8:21:34 AM
i truly believe those who smoke with their teens do to 'bond' with their child
and feel its better then get joints from someone they dont know
 sweetestthang
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/8/2007 8:30:36 AM
So instead of trying to make sure your child doesnt do drugs..lets just smoke it with them so we know they are safe doing it...come on....as a perent u should do everything in your power to try and stop your child from doing drugs...time to be a parent and not a friend...
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/8/2007 9:56:25 AM
back to finish what i was saying earlier

smoking with the children to bond or keep an eye on thier drug activity

makes me howl... cuz by smoking with the children is saying yes, its okay to do drugs.. the child will more likely think its okay to try other drugs

every single child that i know they grew up smoking with thier parents have at some point in their lives ventured into other types of drugs and YES!!! got hooked!!.. they partied hard, and lost precious years of thier lives that could have been better spent preparing for their own future ie; career building, post-secondary education, buying a home,car etc etc
I really dont recall anyone saying.. oh yes those years i spent doing hard drugs while partying away were the best of my life.. nope.. never heard that.. in fact, heard the opposite

and isnt it our duty as a parent to avoid that in our children???
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/8/2007 10:41:45 AM
Just for the record, I am in total agreeance that pot smoking should not be done around children. I also agree that one should not be smoking WITH their children. Just like alcohol, pot is something for an adult to choose to do or not. It's not a children's activity

^^totally agree, i even feel uncomfortable drinking at social events like weddings where their are children around.. i feel like a hypocrite so i stopped a year ago
i now only drink when the kids are at dads, not everytime but you get the idea

once my son showed up last mother's day from his dads cuz he wanted to spend it with me.. i had a glass of wine with me.. i explained that i was going to finish it although i am uncomfortable.. he said go ahead
the point i want to get into his head is that alcohol is an adult beverage that is to be respected because if you don't .. there are consquences
this same idea can be applied to life in general
(crosses fingers) i hope he gets it
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/8/2007 1:05:27 PM
crakedup.. when i was growing up, that was the mindset i had.. that drinking was socialable and not to be abused however i think now that i am a parent in this day and age i tend to lean towards even less usage of alcohol especially as a single parent.. kinda like me watching what i say .. i cant even say crap.. my oldest thinks its a bad word lol

however i do agree that it is fine as long as its in moderation

different strokes for different folks :)
 treemanbdj
Msg: 181
Posted: 1/28/2007 9:51:08 PM

I dont care if you think you are hiding it and doing it while they are asleep. Kids are smart and can pick up on that.

I hear you peanut...

Can't really hide anything from our kids no matter how much we think we can.

Look back this was the thread I dug up out of the archives... Wonder what happen to the pot smokin' click....

I didn't reread, but old enough to know what I beleive/know. Whatever I said I stand by it...WOWbyBDJ "Users R Lozers"

B
D
J
 JMars
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/29/2007 3:31:06 PM
That would be the pot smoking *clique*, NOT "click".

Next thing you know these people will be telling us what religion we can or cannot follow, how to dress, and what music we can listen to.

This is a matter of values people. Any not everyone shares the same values. People in Holland for instance don't share the anti-pot values. A slight majority of Canadians would also not share these values, not to mention a US president "or two".

And what cop in his right mind would say he would prefer to deal with a drunk than a person stoned on pot?!? One that sits behind the desk and shuffles papes all day?

I've dealt with both. Potsmokers are invariably more compliant and more coherent. Likewise, all of the cops I know would prefer to deal with the pothead over the drunk, for the same reasons.

Anyone who thinks that pot is worse than alcohol is clearly...

What I would hate to pass on to my kids is hypocrasy, ignorance and intolerance; not to mention holier-than-thou "clique-ishness". Now excuse me, I have a joint to go smoke.
 JMars
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/29/2007 5:53:28 PM
You are ACTUALLY comparing religion and fashion to drugs??!

No. I am (actually) comparing some cliques attempt to enforce it's values on everyone else, with another cliques attempt to force it values on everyone else.

If someone jumped off a bridge, would you?

Are you actually comparing smoking pot with jumping off a bridge? Is that what the Dutch do, ie. jump off bridges, on a regular basis IYHO?

Any abuse of those substances is not tolerated (in my home life). When you abuse any of those drugs, there is a problem and you should get checked out WHY you have a chemical dependency to cope with everyday life.

I can't say I disagree here. But are you actually comparing use with abuse? Because there is a huge difference you know.

and what *I* would hate to pass on, is the assumption that doing drugs is ok. Uh, dont we teach kids drugs are bad? IE..D.A.R.E program. THAT, my fellow fishy poster, is HYPOCRICY. Teaching our children that drugs are harmful, but then dad goes and tokes one up. Smart.

Okay. And your point is? That dad taking a puff on a joint is bad, but for him to get hammered on alcohol is okay? Or to teach our children that drugs are bad, but to use them to address every problem conceivable is okay? Cup o' Joe anyone?

Ok brilliant one. Put that out on the net, as a parent, for the world to see.

Yeah. We wouldn't want anyone to be honest now would we? That's the last thing that the holier-than-thou clique ever wants... honesty. 'Specially concerning their own lives, values, and actions.
 treemanbdj
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/30/2007 7:27:21 AM

Are we to legalise and promote Heroin then I mean its Diamorphine after all a commonly used painkiller all over the world

Or Maybe Cocaine I mean it has medicinal uses as a local for oral and nasal surgery, so lets legalise that then

Wouldn't that be going backwards....????

100 years ago they were legal in the USA. Herionwas the trade name the bayer aspirin company owned. It was the wonder drug of it's time. Smake oils, couch syrups etc. Yap Bayer aspirin co.1898 The Bayer Company introduced heroin as a substitute for morphine.

In the 1907 you could even buy a little shoot up kits.

Dec 17, 1914 Passage of the Harrison Narcotics Act which aims to curb drug (especially cocaine but also heroin) abuse and addiction. It requires doctors, pharmacists and others who prescribed narcotics to register and pay a tax.

Basically cocaine and herion became illegal with this act in the USA.

why do people get (chemically high)...??

Simple... because they are not happy with the way they feel... they want to go to a place that makes them feel "good"...

The sooner you feel "good" without a chemical induced feeling the healthier you will be.

Why are not so many drugs legalized.... Simple.... because people refuse to control the drug...They let the drugs control them....Problem becomes when it effect thepeople you are drivinge a car around, airplane, train. In the position of safety...health of others...patients,children . etc

"..........hey dude sit the joint done, and grab the treeman's safety line",,,,YEA.RIGHT!!
((((insert smiley icon with revolver pointed at skull))))

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/30/2007 7:44:05 AM

because they are not happy with the way they feel... they want to go to a place that makes them feel "good"...

The sooner you feel "good" without a chemical induced feeling the healthier you will be

These are NOT WOWby BDJ....

This is what was taught to me ... as I spent years trying school myself on this matter, as someone that NEVER has gotta high off any illegal subsatance can't understand how a human distroys their life and other's around with NO reguard for the well being of other's all in the name of ...getting"HIGH"

I believe Coca Cola had a Coca derivative in it did it not?

Yes it did. When it stopped I don't know.. The old 1 gallon syrup bottles a in grandmas basement from grandpas resturant had on them from the 50's and early 60's

"THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CONTAIN COCAINE"

FYI...ACU we agree alot more then you think.... I just play devil's advocate when you "post" putting a hot fireplace poker in someones eye socket...LMAO

B
D
J
 JMars
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/30/2007 12:15:34 PM

Put the bong pipe down my son.

Youve missed the point entirely. Either that, or you are so wacked that you cannot see the damage and total hypocricy for your justifications.

Tell me, WHERE I said alcohol was ok? I said...ANY FORM OF ABUSE. Whether it be alcohol, drugs, perscription drugs, sex.

Well, for starters, I'm not your son, granny. And with your selelctive quoting there it would seem that you missed the point. The point being that drugs are fairly wide spread in our society, both as the prefered remedy for everything from a headache to a bad life, to casual consumption.

But maybe what you need is a cup o Joe to up your alertness level, so as to not miss the point. Or maybe you've had one too many already? Which would explain alot about your reactions here.

Holy s.hit. Are you serious? Do you NOT SEE that admitting, as a parent, that you do drugs on a website, where others (meaning mother/ex spouse) may take your words and use them in court? You are blinder than I thought. Toke up my son. Toke it up.

Yes, I am completely unaware of my surroundings and what can be used by whom for what. 'Cause I'm the idiot you'd have me be, in your own idiocy. No. *You* are "blinder" than you thought. And you're missing the point once again, or at least failing to address it and falling back on personal attacks and fearmongering. Light one up granny, it might actually do *you* some good.
 treemanbdj
Msg: 203
Posted: 1/30/2007 5:56:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Glad U cleared that up, for a moment I thought U was high.

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 204
Posted: 1/30/2007 6:03:56 PM
Well I kwow this is slective posting, but this is the BEST advice I've seen from a pot head.

............I'm not your son, granny............what you need is a cup o Joe................

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 205
Posted: 1/30/2007 6:04:02 PM
Didn't mean pot head in a bad way not down with what's PC for you people.

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 209
Posted: 1/31/2007 7:36:59 AM
GREAT back peddle ACU... I truly hope in my heart life was not lost as where a "HIGH" might have taken place before the mission and clounded judgment that cause human carnage .

I also question YOUR judgement at 24 to be involved in such rankings of security to turn a blind eye to men engaging in this type of behavior when they may have YOUR own life in their hands... Would you let these men pack your parachute for Ya??

B
D
J
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >