Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 treemanbdj
Msg: 216
single parents smoking potPage 4 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

BDJ you ever served anything other than yourself mate ?

Is this a thread about BDJ or potheads???

Well ACU as I can not spin the many yarns of globe trotting, protecting the Queen's Palace, being legally licensed to take human lives, Nor can I spin of chasing for 2 weeks characters across 3 countries. I can't post of the training to have government clearance to protect the world's richest and one's in possession of knowledge that control the world and NEED YOUR PROTECTION , all over the globe. The 007 lifestyle and multi-million dollar houses in different countries, espionage , and single handedly securing world order is a bit out of my grasp of a country boy removing large dead trees reading of such tails all from the computer of a FREE dating site...

IMHO, you are the most creative writer I have came across at POF, and IMHO believe that your creativity is magnified by your wordswe had a couple of spliffs. Truly look forward to a time when you play the "B" side of your record, because side "A" side is getting rather well played out.

Serving others.... Hummmmmm??? My life has been providing , food,shelter,and protection for others then my own kin most of my life. I live in a county where there is NOT one paid firefighter amongst the 400,000 plus that live here. So rescue and all of such is done by the volunteers of the community.

....our unit built a trust that a treeman will never understand.

Hummmm, you could not be farther from the truth.... That's why I have a ZERO TOLERENCE Policy on or OFF the job site. Actually have fired 2 guys over pot that were not even working...

As the owner of a business that usually ranks #1 for most dangerous job(1*) , the last 15 years of my life I have been the one to make the highest safety call. A job in which DAILY someone's life is the hands of another working, work, and support lines.... period....As one where I was both, the crane operator lifting over head 1,000's of pounds of dead tree, and the saw operator still harnessed in the top half of the tree . When one is supported by a 1/2 inch rope, or has the need of the execution of aforementioned scenario 80 feet plus in which both are in the hands of a man who is safely on the ground and a wrong action could easily cause DEATH......

Now your yarn of a few days excursion here and there with the trust of each other's life is MY daily routine

Do you think I want a pot smoker operating my ropes??? If so you must be out of your TREE.
I also don't want them......
1)operating equipment
2)making safety inspections
3) maintaining my gear
4)maintaining ANY equipment used off the ground
5)driving equipment on the road or,
6)the making of such equipment road ready .

In a Walnut SHELL, They are NOT allowed on MY job site. If caught off site recreationally using are terminated AT ONCE..period.

I pride myself in my career NEVER having an ER visit by ANYONE...A handful of stitches and a sore backs are the sums of all personally injuries. Hummmmm correlation a reciprocal relationship to a Drug free job site aye?

You think you have paper work when a death occurs???? Let one happen on a job site in the USA!!

We all know the facts are, MOST of the people that claim they are smoking while no ones around, and are not in the position anyone other's well being is.....BS. Read some of my earlier post for rebuttal.

1* Most Dangerous jobs in America.

http://www.forbes.com/2002/09/03/0903worksafe.html

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 217
single parents smoking pot
Posted: 1/31/2007 8:02:11 PM
ACU: Speaking of smoked????
Message 327 & 323....What are you smoking... One born and raised in the Chesapeake Bay State the evidence is "SMOKING" evident where twice us yanks "BAKED" you boys...

Blame the first one with signing off with the frogs, but I think old hickory, Colonel Jackson, might have a thing or to about how great you boys are... NOT...

Hummm.... superior , navy, and military...blah blah blah.... bunch of NON-pot smoking dirt farming and timber harvesters sent you boys home licking your wounds and you're still bitter almost 200 years later.

Now if you are spiff free read message 142 & 147 here in this thread... They sure answered alot of the question about "ABUSE" and Abusive substances..

B
D
J
 treemanbdj
Msg: 218
Posted: 2/1/2007 2:49:44 AM
Please dont sully another thread with your lies!

Really?? You have access to my email now????..NOT

I truly think YOUR mind is deteriorated from the "spliffs" as you say you par take in.

As for enbellishment ( please refer NOT reefer to "|who pays for a date"

..... I copy and paste your post just to review at times when I need a good rib breaker....

ACU: Not to piss on the last amber of your roach.... Um... link please... you just pulling info out of the bottom of your 2 finger baggy?

Oh wait her's another

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workplace_safety

ACU: I'm not the one labeling my job the most dangerous... That infact is the department of labor(use of stats) and the Insurance and workmen's comp industrial.

I clearly showed you with clear thinking and NO POT SMOKING at MY job sites it's rare that anyone even gets hurt but a handfull of stitches.

I would HIGHY(no pun intended) suggest if someone to was to investigate caseby case findings the number one cause of death would somehow have a link to someone induced with drugs... No facts to back this up with, just a humble hunch.

Side Note: BOTH my links site US Dept of labor's latest stats..T.Y.

Truly yours

Joe
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 227
Posted: 2/5/2007 1:55:03 PM
okay then since the majority of you smoke pretty much every single day.. i have a question..

WHY do you smoke it?

and please dont compare yourself to the europeans who drink a glass of wine each day
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 230
Posted: 2/5/2007 6:20:31 PM
Next stereotype?

^^ stereotype?? not

have you been to parts of europe where drinking is more acceptable than here?? i guess not
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 235
Posted: 2/6/2007 9:38:35 AM
hmm this is a sensitive issue for me.

As someone who did it in my youth... to now I hate it with a passion.. to knowing ppl who are total potheads (with children in the house) I absolutely cant stand it.

I go into thier house and I almost want to vomit. I see them rolling with thier kids upstairs and it really really pisses me off. Good ppl... just idiots who care more about having money for thier goddam pot than buy some groceries. They never smoke aorund thier kids whatsoever they go into the basement but it still really bugs me.

So I dont go over there unless I have to. Even my fiance has mentioned something.. like take it easy...why dont you go outside.. or phewwww thats stinks guys!!!

I understand the relaxation standpoint.. and the mellowness it gives out.. but when you have children in the house.. spend your money on pot and have your kids eat mac and cheese and noodles non stop.. you got issues..and you need to address them.
 sweetestthang
Msg: 236
Posted: 2/6/2007 10:18:33 AM
good point ruri234...
in childrens eyes their parents do no wrong....and lets be realistic..even if u do smoke weed...do u really want your child to be 16 and smoking it too???If your answer is yes u have some serious issues and i pity your children...party days are over when u decided to have children...time to stand up and be a role model...
 sweetestthang
Msg: 239
Posted: 2/6/2007 1:30:45 PM
i remember i smoked a joint when my daughter was about 6 months old....all it did was give me this paranoid feeling and i remember thinking to myself...what kind of parent am i...that was the last time i smoked.
I know even as an adult i would be emberassed if i found out my parents smoked pot.....
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 242
Posted: 2/6/2007 4:08:53 PM
swilie... my remarks were not intended to you whatsoever...they were towards ppl who i know that smoke ALOT. You misinterpreted my post.

Everyone has a right to do as they wish in thier own homes...but when you involve children and the smoke and when it runs your everyday life where the decision comes up..POT OR FOOD OR RENT?? I dont respect that.

It really really makes me angry when I see them smoke with thier kids mere feet away.

Keep it small.. keep it private....smoke outdoors...keep kids away...they have no business knowing and seeing that crap.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 244
Posted: 2/6/2007 4:16:16 PM
well said HUN!!!
 jafeica
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2007 11:11:30 PM
try it . run a hot bath , get in, smoke a joint and see why some people Do smoke weed. and duh of course the kids are not there. but people are way too judgmental about the "weed issue" . quit ****ing and really read up on it ..... it will amaze you the things it can help.....
anyways i have to go smoke a joint ...... oh yeah i dont drink .... THAT will KILL you ....hows that for thought/////////
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 248
Posted: 2/7/2007 8:23:40 AM
ok but having kids who can come downstairs and see mom and dad rolling is ok??

how can a pot smoking parent caution against the dangers of drugs and the dangerous effects they have when they themselves do it?? How in the world can they do that??

Drinking wine or a beer with dinner is nothing to seriously worry about. In sooo many cultures its acceptable and a way of life. BUt passing out before noon on a weekday.. hell yah yer an alkie.

The point im trying to make is how can a child respect their own parents "DANGERS OF DRUGS TALK" when thier own parents are users?? Its retarded...and a total catch 22. A practice what you preach so to speak.

I dont give a darn if you want a doob every now and then.. but when you bring it into the household... kids are not dumb. If they know mom and dad do it.. a teen will hand it to them one day and they will be none the wiser.
 looking for love
Msg: 255
Posted: 2/7/2007 2:04:27 PM
look i dont care if it is a single parent or a two family home. pot is illegal and if your out there smokeing it then you must not care for your kids to much!!! why would you risk loseing them? just to get high? is it really worth all that to you???
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 261
Posted: 2/8/2007 12:36:53 PM
i know 2 couples whos kids/parents use the same dealer... or go over to moms so she can give them a gram.

UNFEAKIN beleivable. When my parents were still smokers and i was going into my 20's I wouldnt be caught dead smoking in front of them like my friends did with thiers. It was respect for my parents.

Thankfully all of us quit one year and its been over 15 yrs for them.For myslelf.. with having kids.

all i can hope for for the parents that DO SMOKE UP time to time.. is keep it very private.. keep it out of the house, dont involve the kids and they also need to do a drug talk with them.
Pot wont kill you.. but a jiont can lead to a line... then to a crack pipe.. then to a needle.. then even death.

I had an employee who was 3 hours late for work one time. After hours upon hours of phone calls... his room mate calls. He found him dead by overdose. Try having to call his family and his ex wife and kids.
 coolswimom
Msg: 263
Posted: 2/8/2007 5:53:30 PM
ONE day down the road dear girl something will come of this and I can assure you it wont be ANYTHING good!!!!!.. how are u going to feel when your Daughter/ son comes to you and says mom my dad was molesting me while you were HIGH!!!! you think not hey?? Me either.. I thought I had it "under control" this one came back to "haunt me" ( and I dont use that word lightly) 5 years after getting "sober" She was 8 years Old ...I had no F'n clue because i was HIGH....like YOU NO CLUE ....pay attention damn it!!!!! she was to Scared she would get Me in trouble to tell me untill 5 years later ... you think your kids DONT KNOW think AGAIN.....you are teh only one thats being fooled ... not only do they know .. but other people know; some maybe not so nice people realize that you are OUT of IT!!!! and WILL take advantage of YOU , YOUR KIDS YOUR MONEY.. YOUR LIFE!!!! this aint no dam drill wake up you silly girl!!!
 JMars
Msg: 266
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:36:42 PM
Yeah, there was Clinton with his "I didn't inhale" line of BS. And then we have Bush. I bet his opinion on pot is much like the majority of peoples on this thread; totally against smoking pot, but has no problem formulating lies to launch a military invasion of a foreign country, et al. Just like a number of community reps that are "totally against" one thing or another, but molest little children and/or engage in other acts that people can generally agree without a doubt are immoral and heinous in the extreme. But hey, at least they didn't smoke pot or encourage it's use. And thats the "important" point, right?

You always have to keep an eye on the ones that work their mouth about small issues. They're generally try to kick up a cloud that will mask much greater wrongdoings of their own.

I personally involve myself in my kid's life. I'm his father, and I'm his friend. And he reciprocates. Maybe one day my son and I will smoke a joint together. We'll probably drink a beer together too. Maybe. Someday. And when it comes down to him and I having the drug/alcohol talk, he is going to be confident and respect that what he is being told comes from a standpoint of "experience-enough" and not your usual ivory-tower moralizing. How do I know? 'Cause I've been there, done that, along with a huge heap of other people. In the end, whatever my son decides to do, he will do so from a standpoint of awareness and responsibility, as opposed to blind obedience.
 JMars
Msg: 268
Posted: 2/8/2007 11:10:52 PM
I see you've entirely missed the point in your response disney_mom, yet again. So, as we know we can't attribute this lack of concentration of your own to pot smoking, and then proceed to ridicule it as you have done, whats your excuse? 'Cause I know at least one other glaring reason some people usually miss the point, but then, I'm not the type to draw conclusions on things that stand at arms length, let alone ridicule them based on my own presumptions, so I'll just leave it at that.
 ontario_woman
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2007 4:12:26 AM
I've been there, done that too and I had to learn some pretty hard lessons. I've personally witnessed too much of the damage pot does to believe that it's a harmless drug.
 DeeMC
Msg: 282
Posted: 2/16/2007 8:13:30 PM
too much of anything is a bad thing. i think it depends on the person, their strengths and weaknesses. if you can maintain your life, your job, your family, your friends, your finances, your home and raise moraly correct children with values and respect and are able have a few drinks or fire one up, i raise my glass to you!
 ontario_woman
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:52:16 AM
^^^I know lots of people that see nothing wrong with smoking pot in front of their children. Just one of the many things that I've seen that have contributed to my feelings about pot.
 sweetestthang
Msg: 289
Posted: 2/18/2007 1:49:42 PM
Antagonizer u hit it on the head when u called it TRASHY...thats exactly what it is....it shows that u dont have enough respect for your children....
 MadcapIdea
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2007 10:51:02 AM
I don't know if this was said before; I'm not going to read through 18 pages of posts. Please stop comparing pot to alcohol. We're talking apples and oranges. In the middle ages alcohol was safer to drink than water...people were not smoking pot. Today, you can take a drink for the taste and not with the express purpose of getting drunk. When you smoke pot, the intended purpose is to get high. I've never heard of pot & cheese tasting parties!?

My ex-wife smoked. And it interfered with her being a parent. It also resulted in my getting full custody of my kids when we split. She had to clean up before she could share the responsibility again.

The need to alter your state of consciousness with either drugs or alcohol demonstrates a deeper problem. If anyone states that it is just recreational then they're denying something and should look deeper in themselves. There are far better recreational activities.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 292
Posted: 2/20/2007 3:27:44 PM
hmm i wouldnt do it with them in bed either.i would save that garbage for when they are out of the house entirely.

Pot and alcohol impair your judgement to much and in case of an emergency or god knows what... your children depend on YOU to get them to safety in any situation..and if you are stoned outta yer gourd or drunk as a skunk who will help them?? certainly not you in your bad state.

Save it for a no- kids weekend. Or make damn sure there is at least one stable person in the mix who can take a handle of any problems.

I have said it a zillion times before I have zero respect for ppl who toke...smoke..and drink in the vicinity of thier children.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 304
Posted: 2/21/2007 3:37:29 PM
a fools way of dealing with life..... do it straight or get help for gods sake.

read a book... go for a walk... have a cup of tea...watch tv...throw on a movie...go through old pix and fill an album.... but to toke up like a loser thats a pitiful exscuse.Id rather spend 10 min of my time playing with my children and being with them then wasting my time getting stoned and stinking like a ripe skunk.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >