Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Oaklanddood
Msg: 306
single parents smoking potPage 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
I'm in california and have a medicinal cannabis card, so according to the state I'm a legal smoker. I never smoke in front of my son, I only have him on the weekends but I rarely smoke indoors or in the car. I try to be very concious of not smoking cigs (which is good cuz I quit), weed, or drinking in front of him. I don't know what the big deal with it (marijuana in general) is anyways, besides the fact that its illeagal.
 jafeica
Msg: 308
view profile
History
single parents smoking pot
Posted: 2/25/2007 12:06:33 AM
I am in agreement with all the chickamommas who smoke the grass.... my beautiful daughter is very smart, my doctor said it was because i smoked the green , do some research ......it has pretty good points about why YOU should smoke weed.... it is beneficial/crutial to us normal potsmokers, to have the ability to deal with the not so normal people in today's society such as mucktard alcoholics....and such, I say don't do drugs....... SMOKE WEED !!
Tammy WITH MOTIVATED MOMS
 sweetestthang
Msg: 314
Posted: 2/25/2007 6:11:27 PM
kiss...im not against smoking weed...but letting your children see it is what i am against....u state that if your kids enter the room u dont hide it...hmmm...so if your kids enter the room while u are having sex do u keep going????my point is...there are some things children DO NOT need to be exposed to....u are being an irresponsible parent
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 318
Posted: 2/26/2007 11:42:34 AM
DID I JUST READ THAT??? TELL ME I DIDNT JUST READ THAT I SMOKED WACKY TOBAKEE WHEN I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!!

holy fn sh^t are you crazy??? why dont you drink gasoline and light a match and swollow it while yer at it?? The audicity blows my mind....

If you want to mess up your body and mind with drugs then fine..you have every right to and no one can stop you.. you are an adult..But a baby deserves a great first chance at life...and to fill thier unborn systems with that crap is mindboggling! Its selfish.. cruel and immature.

Im 7 months pregnant and To even CONSIDER having a smoke even makes me sick to my stomach at the thought of having that running through mt babys veins...ICK!@
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 325
Posted: 2/27/2007 2:18:46 PM
I almost threw up in my mouth when i read that someone proudly toked up while preggers.

Like all blase' and who gives a crap ect....

Most of the single moms I know that DO SMOKE UP... are not the "best" kind of citizens..to put it nicely.. I dont want to bash and trash them...but thier living style is awful.

It really really hurts me when i see them toking up near thier kids..or rolling nearby...or thier house stinks...IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU DO IT IN THE BASEMENT..your house still smells like an amsterdam bar for figs sake!!!

Its irresponsibilty and immaturity that i cant stand. Great wonderful your kids and my kids play...but I cant stand the way thier parents think that its OK.
 Queennightangel
Msg: 327
Posted: 3/5/2007 12:49:05 PM
its ok to do but if u do i think it would be in the best entrest of the kid(s) to do it when there not home that way they dont get the scend hand shit.
 Queennightangel
Msg: 328
Posted: 3/5/2007 1:00:59 PM
if you'r going to smoke pot when your kid(s) aint home make sure theres time to get the smoke out of the house or smoke it out side and make sure ur not high when there around u and just cuz u smoke pot is no resen to leve ur house a hug mess i smoke pot once and a wile cuz i have a bad backi and its the olny thing that makes it feel better but i never do it at home and i never come home high to my son
 Hummerbird
Msg: 332
Posted: 3/7/2007 5:19:14 PM

Texas Police Uncover Video Of Two And Five-Year-Old Smoking Pot
Sunday March 4, 2007

Hey didn't you post B4 a law in USA (california) where it's legal for an adult to give their child a controlled subtance as long as it was less then .05% blood level.

For the record I'm totally against ANY Subtance Use..period.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 334
Posted: 3/8/2007 10:02:08 PM
umm if i remember correctly pot costs money as well. You get an avid toker it can cost 40 bucks a bag.

Sooo lets see 2 bags a week.... thats almost a hundred bucks worth of the green eyed goblin tobaccee.

I know ppl who are tokers and it blows my mind how much they spend. I hate it.. im totally against it and will never get involved.

being high and stoned outta yer tree is pretty much in the same category as being buzzed or a wee bit tipsy.

They both cost money... they both are addictive...and they both alter judgement. What woorries me is that BOTH are just as bad but wtf are both not a illegal substance... riddle me that!!

Sure a few beers are ok drive and you go to jail...toke up and get high get caught you go to jail as well.

you cant win
 rockondon
Msg: 336
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2007 1:40:38 AM
why the distinction about 'single' parents smoking pot?
Is that somehow more acceptable than pot-smoking parents that are still together?
 jafeica
Msg: 337
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2007 5:09:39 PM
just keep in mind..... 9 out of 10 Doctors RECOMMEND IT!!!!!Rather then DRINKING OR CIGARETTES !!!!!!! Dont Judge people who smoke some weed ,we are JUST as intelligent, if not more so then most other humans. So stick that in yer pipe and SMOKE IT!!!
 _ScOoTeR_
Msg: 339
Posted: 3/25/2007 1:25:08 PM

u know what u and everyone else that make comments like your need to get a life and realize how things are these days.....

there are to many things for kids to get into now and alot more dangerous these day....

I would rather my kids sit in my home and smoke pot...and/or drink than to be at some so called friends house or in a car and end up hurt or even dead....

rather in my home to were i can protect them.......so in final statement get a life and leave us civilized parents alone ....
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 340
Posted: 3/25/2007 8:55:13 PM
umm ok so you as a parent are oking for your kids to smoke up and drink???

Once my kids reach age 20+ they are adults but until then id shove it down thier throats if I EVER caught them doing it.

parents should be parents and informing kids NOT TO DO IT.. rather than here go ahead sit on the couch heres a beer and ohh let me light that jiont for you....
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 343
Posted: 3/26/2007 4:32:16 PM
I just cant for the life of me wonder why you as a parent think its ok to smoke pot ."AHH THEY ARE ASLEEP...ILL SMOKE IT DOWNSTAIRS... ILL HIDE IT THEY'LL NEVER KNOW"

I freakin KNOW a family who did it during wkaing hours.. in the basement with the kids RIGHT UPSTAIRS.

I flat out refuse to enter that house unless i absolutely have to. I get so pissed off and disgusted and I want to make them eat it when i see that. The whole flippin house stinks.. HTF can you expalin to a kid what that smell is?? as they grow up you know DAMN WELL the kids will think nothing of it.

They are good ppl just ignorant and very stupid sometimes. Some evil thoughts entered my mind to report them...but the kids are fed cared for sheltered and clothed and not suffering..they just have idiot parents who just dont think sometimes.

Its very hard for me knowing them..and the kids play together and HATING the fact they do that. We have mentioned it before go outside..but they simply dont give a damn..NICE EH?>>
 iamtheone39
Msg: 344
Posted: 3/26/2007 7:30:33 PM
Studies show that "most"(I didnt say all)...pot smokers also want a better and better high...which in turn will lead to harder drugs. So,you think it is O.K. to teach your kids to do what is illegal? Say what you will...I will get HIGH off of life with MY kids!
 Puckbetty
Msg: 345
Posted: 3/26/2007 9:05:41 PM
Yoga, acupuncture, running these are all things that you can do that will help to take the stress of your lives....

Yeah you see that pot head over there... that's my mom/dad.... golly gee good for you... personally I think being a person that is fully aware that her surrounding are actually hers and becoming a person which I have nothing to hide from my son and him being able to be proud that I am his mom (regardless of the unconditional love thing) is way more important than me breaking the law (it's there... deal with it), getting high, relaxing and smelling funny.

If I am out with my son there is not a chance that I would have a drink..... I could it's legal... but ain't going to happen..... All you folks who think it's ok "the kids are out of the house" are you daft... your smoking in the house.. the residue is on everything.... just like cig smoke... everything the kids touch will have all that crap on it..

Pot Smokers just as intelligent.... ok I'll give you that one with a stipulation.... how freakin' smart could you be if 1/2 your brain wasn't on mute..... not my thing.. will NOT be my son's thing.. and cool as you might think you are... me thinks you smell a little off
 lovinng
Msg: 346
Posted: 3/26/2007 9:35:38 PM
I would hope after a certain age if you are still smoking pot it has nothing to do with being cool. Otherwise, you have some other serious issues. I use to smoke along time ago. I have been quit for 8 years now (don't worry I am not an ex addict preacher) ... I do not agree with smoking pot around your children. Children learn enough bad habits on their own they don't need there parents teaching them any. But I also want to say that it doesn't matter if you are a single parent or a raising your children as a couple it is still wrong.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 349
Posted: 3/28/2007 9:57:04 AM
uhh huhh.... i dont need to be 33 to know what im talking about thanks...

shall i make it easier for you... kindergarten terms hmmm???

smoking pot is badddd.... naughty... stinky ...yucky...ewwww.......

do i need to put a yuk sticker on mommies and daddies pot bag for you???
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 354
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:06:08 PM
reading someones posts and making a snap judgement and bashing them for not being wise...and then continuing to harass them do you really think thats wise??

oh yes and let me see suggesting to me TO HAVE ONE??? NOW TELL ME IS THAT WISE?? i think not for gods sake. Im 8 months pregnant...insanly in love and the only reason I come here is to amuse myself... thanks for entertaining me!!! LOL>.
and with age does not come widom and you are the true testament to that. Find someone else to piss off.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 358
Posted: 3/28/2007 2:35:12 PM
that is what my entire debate is all about... im advocating for the kids...

i dont give a rats ass if you wanna fry your brain... heck just take it out..add some oil and fry it up for dinner...

but to do it.. posses it in the vicinity of children..have your home stink of it.. then preach to your children that drinking and drugs are bad?? WTF are you to tell your kids that when you YOURSELF are not practicing what you are preaching..

that to me is being a complete HYPOCRITE.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 375
Posted: 3/28/2007 7:58:36 PM
ok for your information...and to those who care....i have been on this site since it began.

I made several of the rules threads.. the welcome newbies threads and also THE SINGLE PARENTS FORUM. I prefer to be out of the picture....

this thread is strictly for ppls view on single parents smoking pot, not to verbally choke the hell outta eachother so grow up ppl. Some of us have very strong views on this some more than others. I DETEST IT, some dont care.... and some do it quietly away from the vicinity of kids.

I have been to amsterdam and germany and EVERYONE smokes. I saw ppl doing bongs at the dinner table. It was tobacco...not pot. drinking at dinner and having JAGERMEISTER after dinner ( even the kids) settles your stomach, and you can even have KILLEPICH if you are sick. Thats the only way i can ok family drinking. In moderation...and its a way of life, and almost a religion with europeans...same as the french and wine with dinner.
 Puckbetty
Msg: 376
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:03:36 PM

ortunately for us weed smokers there are such loopholes...

Wow so nice to know that when raising your kids your all about the loop holes..... your mom must be so proud
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 378
Posted: 3/28/2007 9:24:22 PM
spews my tea.........

and you tell me im not wise nor mature and my posts are likened to a teenager??? GAFB.

parents SHOULD not be looking for so called 'loopholes" to resist getting in crap dont you think???

look im not saying any parent should be thrown in jail and thier kids taken away if you do pot. But dont go around being proud of it saying its ok like its second nature, when its obviously not.

and hell yes.. IT IS ILLEGAL.
 gentlepatrick
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2007 5:44:05 AM
23 pages of debate? wow
topic doesnt interest me enough to read it all. I find it fairly obvious - adults should have adult activities that are none of the kid's business ( that includes a sex life!!!) for some, that includes alcohol and/or pot - to others it doesnt. why is my choice of concern to anyone else. Some think having any drink in front of a child is bad - I don't. Getting real drunk in front of kid or while 'in charge of' the kid is bad, IMHO.

I do draw a line with pot - I don't think a parent should let child see or even know they smoke pot - its illegal and controversial. however, to actually smoke it? well responsibly, yes go for it if it's your thing.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 385
Posted: 3/29/2007 7:46:20 AM
whatever I have better things to do with my life than argue with a pothead.

happy smoking!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >