Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > BBW...Why is it so hard to be full figured??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DivineBovine
Msg: 92
view profile
History
BBW...Why is it so hard to be full figured??Page 14 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

You named yourself after a cow? Is that a play on the BBW thing? That's got to be self-deprecation at it's worst!

if you read my profile to the end, you'd see how i got the name.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 93
view profile
History
BBW...Why is it so hard to be full figured??
Posted: 9/23/2009 5:54:15 PM

Too much food and not enough excercise are the ONLY reasons for being overweight...

you and all your fat-bashing friends keep telling yourselves that so that you can go on feeling smug and superior...
 DivineBovine
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:01:32 PM
cw, i have access to hundreds of medical journals at the push of a button and i can tell you that the research in that article cited in the Time article has been proven more often than not. he *does* cite a "triple-blind" peer-reviewed study, after all.

losing weight is NOT as simple as the fat-bashers would have one believe. there are variables involved with ever individual.

of course there are those who sit there gobbling down fatty foods every chance they get. i don't deny they exist. but far too many people like to deny that there are societal, environmental and medical reasons to be overweight.

and to deny that those actually exist is flat-out cruel.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:31:36 PM

Overweight people as a result of a medical reason are in the minority, a very small percentage compared to people in denial...

we'll just have to agree to disagree...

but, as i said, the studies prove that weight and losing it, are much more complicated than simply being in denial about how much you eat. since the other studies show that brain chemistry is affected by food, there's a lot more to (please forgive the pun) digest here.
 BigBee77
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2009 5:32:04 PM
Me I likes some thick shapely women. Also in addition to that, I like the confident ATTITUDE that some display. They don't whine about how imperfect they are, they make the best of what they have and FLAUNT IT WELL (an attitude I can definitely relate to). They also seem to be the most loving, down to earth women you can meet. I'm saying not just to the OP but to all women, if you got a little size on you, don't be apologetic about it, but I am about being healthy also. There's nothing wrong with finding room for improvement with yourself. If you do choose to lose weight, do it for health reasons rather than vanity. Lose weight and IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH if you can but in the meantime EMBRACE AND ENHANCE WHAT YOU ALREADY GOT.
 BigBee77
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2009 5:41:12 PM
But also I want to add. If you ARE TOTALLY NOT HAPPY WITH HOW YOU LOOK, then quit finding excuses, complaining and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. No sense in being bitter or angry about it, it only shortens your days. I don't want to sound mean like some of these condiscending post writers but what a lot of them are saying may have some truth to it. I understand it's not easy and frustrations may occur because of the physical condition you are in, but you have a choice. Will you let it defeat you or will you find the will to overcome it.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2009 1:25:34 PM

It's like you people are afraid obeseity is an illness you can catch just by associating with someone. I hate to break it to you, but you can't.

Actually, rabid, you CAN catch it in a way - people tend to emulate the people with whom they associate often. They want to fit into the group, so may adopt their friends' eating habits, and because they also like their friends and feel that their friends are okay, they accept their friends weight issues and aren't as vigilant about their own health and weight.

Sorry, I neglected to save the reference to the study on this, so can't provide it.
 Quiggs1982
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/13/2009 4:36:17 PM
To be honest, I think that the people who struggle the most with being BBW are the ones who haven't learned to love themselves in the body they have.

I'm BBW, and I love being who I am. It took me a long time to reach this point, but I am truly happy with the person I am today. Is it hard to find dates? Absolutely! Let's face it, most guys are looking for the skinny, model types girls. Yet, I know that there is someone out there for me. It just may take me a little longer to find him. Plus, I wouldn't want to be with a guy who only likes me because of my looks. It's too superficial.

The sad part is that some guys don't realize that us big girls are very, very sensuous. They are missing out on some good lovin! LOL!
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 100
Posted: 12/14/2009 7:50:24 AM

The sad part is that some guys don't realize that us big girls are very, very sensuous. They are missing out on some good lovin! LOL!

Can't miss out on anything if she couldn't get you erect in the first place.

Just throwing that out there.

Everyone has their preferences. Shoot, I wish the whole world were chubby chasers so the slender chicks would pursue me as doggedly as the fat chicks... :(

I would love if attractive (what I find attractive) women were a bit less in demand and were forced to make first moves like bigger girls often do. It would be blissful and so much less complicated.

-8sf8
 Quiggs1982
Msg: 101
Posted: 12/20/2009 7:22:29 PM
I think some people on this forum are misunderstanding the BBW's point of view.

I've seen several say that they don't get why we are "happy" with being unhealthy. That's not not the case. I honestly can't name one person who is "happy" to be overweight. When we say we are happy (at least for me), it means that we are happy as a person. Do I like being large? Absolutely not! That's why I've been on a diet for the last two months and lost 30 lbs. so far.

I am happy because I know who I am. I recognize my shortcomings and talents. I've learned the hard way to appreciate and value people of all sizes, shapes, and colors - including myself. I don't judge others by their weight, only their attitude. It was a conscious decision on my part to quit letting the opinions of others determine my worth and my happiness. I don't give three farts if someone thinks I'm ugly because I'm fat. It's their loss, not mine.

I don't want a guy who only loves me when I'm thin. What will he think when I'm pregnant and gain 30 lbs. (happened to my sister and her husband left her) or if I get sick and gain weight? I would much rather be with someone who values my personality over my weight.

It's pretty evident on this forum that "fat bashing" is still an acceptable prejudice, whether or not anyone wants to admit it.
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 102
Posted: 12/27/2009 6:17:31 AM

hat is simply your opinion. I can assure you not all men feel this way. A confident BBW rarely lacks for men who are attracted to her.

She's right.

There's someone for everyone.

The only caveat I would make is that different demographics tend to like different things. If the demographic you are most attracted to does not go for you, only other kinds, then it's probably time to make a change.

I am not just talking about physically here, either.

-8sf8
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/27/2009 7:03:27 AM

8sf8, no arguments there. I see a bad trend to try and force people to like what they don't like. It's very unfortunate. It's about mutual attraction, not about making someone like what they don't. I get annoyed any time I see someone moaning that people are shallow because they base dating off looks. It IS about looks. There has to be an initial attraction in order to make anything else. Personality is important and will keep people together or not but dating is supposed to be about physical attraction to. Why would you want to be with someone who has to look past the physical in order to be ok with you? Wouldn't you rather have someone who is physically and mentally and emotionally attracted to you? I know I would.

Me too.

I think that the majority of people who whine about not getting dates due to be short, fat, poor, etc are people who are severely lacking in other ways and they only focus on the one obvious physical side of who they are.

In my experience, anyone who's actually dated a bit understands that real love requires that someone actually LIKES most if not all of who you are - they don't just "accept" it... like so many of the whiners on POF seem to want.

People creep me out.

-8sf8
 superjkj
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2010 11:14:34 AM
I love BBW's .. you can find lots of them. Maybe you just aren't looking in the right places. try
www.lovethesecurves.com
 DivineBovine
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 11:17:58 AM

17.8% of all medical expenditures are directly associated with obesity.

please provide a citation from a valid medical source for this alleged statistic.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 12:15:14 PM

I workout several times a week for 2 - 3 hours a pop. And it does get frustrating sometimes to be "hit on" by big girls when here I am busting my butt, literally, to get/stay in shape!

i work out an hour a day 5 days a week and i will NEVER be slender or "shapely".

but i am perfectly healthy except for these stupid cysts on my ovaries that caused all my weight problems.

this idea that ALL "fat" people aren't "working hard" is just plain WRONG!

DivineBovine
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2010 3:20:10 PM

Like cw35 said, you can pretty much tell when someone is working at it.

the problem is that when someone is wearing clothes, you CAN'T tell!

i've had people literally "holler" at me out their car windows such charming things as "get out of the road you fat pig". and at the time i was taking heavy duty doses of prednisone and was at the highest weight i had ever been.

when you see people out on the street, you don't know which ones are compulsive over-eaters and which have health problems that cause weight gain and/or require treatments that do the same.

and not every fat person is a heart attack waiting to happen any more than every thin person is the picture of health.

all this ... "you're fat and it's bad for you, you horrible, filthy, slob who can't control themself" does no good for anyone.

Google "thin privilege" and you'll see what i mean!
 sashimiboy
Msg: 108
Posted: 1/7/2010 12:58:12 PM
people need to realize...no matter how often you exercise, diet is 90% of the challenge. It really comes down to how bad you want it.
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 109
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:20:49 PM
Or just having a healthy relationship with food. Food is not an escape. Food is not entertainment. Food is not something you and the spouse enjoy together. Food is fuel.
 sashimiboy
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/10/2010 4:52:32 PM
All I know is, if you put BBW in your profile, its only right to have a body shot as well.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2010 5:04:08 PM
^^^why?

why would someone LIE about being fat?
 8soldierfalcon8
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/10/2010 6:13:48 PM

umm wannaberosalie..i was fat so yeah i know and guess what it is the diet and it is the workouts but most of all its all the damn excuses that ppl put infront of themselves..yeah guess what its going to be hard ..and its going to take time and dedication and a positive outlook so no more complaints thats step one..other than that i work with the elderly for those of you that act like weight isnt an issue please go have a stroll in an elderly residence...see the walking issues, the legs that get infected due to popped vessels caused by weight ...now thats outside of the diabetes, the heart complications (i could go on)...how hard it is for some of these men and women to just stand up, ..its heartbreaking and yes the skinny age as well but why would you double up your health problems for when your at that stage in your life is beyond me...stop with the defenses and the excuses and be healthy not skinny but healthy ...

Glad you're not fat anymore...

Because now you're yet another Canadian woman I've seen with a rockin' body. Ouch!

I wish Canada weren't so cold and didn't have silly gun laws or I'd move there in a heartbeat!

-8sf8
 sashimiboy
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/11/2010 2:09:35 PM
DivineBovine...its not that they would lie. Its that the term BBW can mean a variety of sizes, from acceptable chubbyiness to obesity. That's why we need pics.
 Hippiekinkster
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/22/2010 11:03:02 PM
GuitaristinSC: "The "full" feeling that comforts you after a big meal is NOT good. That is how your stomach tells you that you have eaten too much. When you start a meal, your brain tells you "I am hungry." Then somewhere about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through, that signal slowly fades away. Learn to recognize the point at which you are no longer hungry, and stop eating then, instead of going on in search of that full feeling."

Don't recall where I read it, but evidently there is a time lag between the the eating and the satiety signals in the brain. 30 minute lunches, grabbing food on the go, etc. don't allow enough time for the brain to send the "Hey, I've had enough!" message. So by the time the message is sent, one has overeaten.

Eat slowly would seem to be the way to go.
 TheReason_
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2010 3:38:51 PM
Was that Emillio guy with the epic Dog the Bounty Hunter mullet? That guy was totally 40+ in age. Had a Mickey Rourke/The Wrestler thing going on. Said he was 31. The music and movies he listed (Dio, Rainbow, The Lost Boys etc.) totally screamed that he was my age, or more.

LoL good riddance, old man.

31 my a$$

tina.bryson
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/23/2010 7:56:15 PM
wow good for her! I'm getting ready to move and can't wait! I weigh 170 and I want to get down to 130 and be healthy! I hope she kept the weight off.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > BBW...Why is it so hard to be full figured??