Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Nascar Chase - Who will Win      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 976
Nascar Chase - Who will WinPage 40 of 42    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
I was kind of amused reading the story on nascar.com about all the other drivers talking about their attempts at slide jobs. Everybody else was just having fun telling their stories, but Kyle had to include, "[Carl] probably could have came and asked me about it, but he had to try it for himself." But I guess, what else would you expect from him? He's out of the Chase now so he's gotta do something to make them want to point the cameras his direction.

Thought I was going to miss the race today, but it's raining here so the Enduro is cancelled. Hope it's a good one.
 Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 977
Nascar Chase - Who will Win
Posted: 10/5/2008 4:26:22 PM
Well that kinda sucked. I'm not sure where Carl learned his laws of physics, but I was pretty sure everybody knew that you'll spin a car out if you push it on the corner when it's turning. Even on a straightaway that kind of positioning when bomping isn't very stable. They're not out of it, but he sure set himself and Biffle back farther than they should have been.

That was also quite the subtle shot Harvick took at Carl too about hiding out back until the final laps. Hope Hamlin's all right. That was a pretty rough ride he had up into the wall.
 MagEMaeI
Msg: 978
Posted: 10/5/2008 7:08:21 PM
I missed most of Dega. All I know is Stewart won and most of the Chase contenders were out of the race b4 it was all over. JJ's still leading,right?
 Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 979
Posted: 10/5/2008 9:45:16 PM

JJ's still leading,right?

Yeah... he's the only one who avoided the carnage. He just happened to be in the right place, in conjunction with his ability to drive, to avoid being collected in it all. The 3 Roushketeers were all taken out at once before they gathered up the other 8 drivers involved. Jack didn't seem too pleased.

It was just such a stupid mistake. I think the only thing that kept Biffle and Kenseth from blasting Carl in their post-accident interviews was that they knew he was being a good teammate trying to bump draft Biffle into the lead. He just should have known enough to let off when the angle was wrong going into the turn. I still can't believe he let it happen... he's a smarter driver than that.
 MagEMaeI
Msg: 980
Posted: 10/6/2008 3:13:01 AM
It's Dega. What doesn't happen there?

When you miss a race and read the results you can always tell when something big happened because all the low-end racers finish at the top
 bullitt428
Msg: 981
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:30:14 PM
It's awful SMOKEY at DEGA right now and I'm sure SMOKE himself is one happy boy about now!!!!!! good win for him........ But it's still up for grabs for the top three in the Chase right now........ one good race for anyone of them could just do wonders......... Hey speeking of wonders............. WHERE is WONDER BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

super g hehehehe

I'm not sure where Carl learned his laws of physics

rsw.....................posted this on the "Kyal Busch bad (pussy) boy of NASCAR"

That was a great finish and Carls interview was too funny! "'I practiced pancaking the wall on the video games, but did not realize I would slow down that much!!"

Carl got his law of physics off of a VIDEO GAME!!!!!! That or he's full of DRUGS!!!!!

Oh, and Edwards? I think he's replaced some of his fuel with the 'roids he was taking last season. HAH!

Just ask Bullie.................... to funny sweety!!!!!!!!!!!

BULLITT
Where's my beer
 Promiseskeeper
Msg: 982
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:22:57 PM
The answer is simple. Who will give Nascar the best ratings. If a driver who will not give them good ratings starts looking good then they will find something wrong with their car and disqualify them. It is all fixed just like wrestling.
 bullitt428
Msg: 983
Posted: 10/7/2008 11:28:43 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I see you and Carl have something you must share...... DRUGS

BULLITT
 lakeman4
Msg: 984
Posted: 10/11/2008 9:49:32 PM
I am sitting in the parking lot of Lowes Motor Speedway!!!! Jeff Burton just won the race. Dale Jr went out early with a blown tire. Jeff Gordon was winning but faded along with Jimmy Johnson!! Carl went out early also. His car just shut off....no power...it took a long time to figure it out and get him back on the track.
 bullielover62
Msg: 985
Posted: 10/12/2008 1:08:22 PM
Yap..... purdy sure that Brother Carl has upped his 'roid intake..... What a fookin' goof. First his Dega Debacle... then he's out of contention at Lowes.... Karma? Yah, it's a b*tch.

NOT happy with Biff and his subtle driving. If he wants to win this thing, he's gotta put some balls into his driving. It's almost like he's lost one and spends the last few laps trying to find it. ????

Gotta say it was fun watching Shrub driving around in a hot pink car. LMAO!...... *ahem.
(I know, good cause, but it still gave me a perverse pleasure...)

So with Edwards dumbass move last weekend, he's pretty much taken a few out of contention in what WOULD HAVE BEEN one of the greatest Chases in years. Loads of guys in the race.... but now the point spread is too great.

Harvick should have put in in the wall in the garage, not just batted him away..... what held him back????
 cdn*guy
Msg: 986
Posted: 10/13/2008 7:41:39 AM
Yepp ... nothing puts a driver off his 'high' like putting him in a pink car. It reminded me a bit of that Burt Reynold's comedy movie, "Stroker Ace", where he had to dress up like a chicken. I do think that Shrub will come back next year a bit more mature for what's gone done for him this year. I still won't like him much, though.

But it looks like, thanks to Edwards, that the Chase is JJ's for the losing -- if he can just stay away from 99 on the track. I mean geez !! ... "I think I'll line up off centre and push the guy in front of me around the corner." -- d'uh !! Maybe Burton's win will still make it into some sort of decent Chase this year.

cdn guy
 bullielover62
Msg: 987
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:44:39 PM

But it looks like, thanks to Edwards, that the Chase is JJ's for the losing -- if he can just stay away from 99 on the track. I mean geez !! ... "I think I'll line up off centre and push the guy in front of me around the corner." -- d'uh !! Maybe Burton's win will still make it into some sort of decent Chase this year.

Yah! And he's pushing his own freakin' teammate?!? What a doof.....

And cdn, I agree about baby Busch... he'll come back a much better, more seasoned driver next year... and will be the force he wanted to be this year. I see a big change in big Busch this year. Has anyone else noticed how more subdued he is on and off the track?

Or is that just 'cause he SUCKS this year? *snort
 Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 988
Posted: 10/15/2008 11:15:23 PM
I'm just curious since I haven't heard anything about it... has there been any disciplinary action taken against Edwards for his fight with Harvick? I mean he's still on probation. Is that an infraction that he can be penalized for, or does it actually have to be actions on the track with his car?

But yeah... the Talladega mishap sure changed the excitement level in the Chase in a hurry. Unless Jimmie ends up in a wreck, I don't think he's got too much to worry about now. If only he didn't have those damn Allstate Good Hands, he might have gotten tangled up in the mess and things would still be a lot closer.
 Sgt. Lucy
Msg: 989
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:59:38 PM
According to ESPN online nothing for either driver only a good talking-to
 lil_ms_home_depot20
Msg: 990
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:29:33 PM
Well it sure looks like it's gonna be a 3 peat (blah)
 Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 991
Posted: 10/20/2008 4:54:46 PM
^^^ I bet Jimmie's already got a spot cleared off on his mantle.
 Sgt. Lucy
Msg: 992
Posted: 10/21/2008 12:57:49 PM
No,he made his maid do it.

I think he should make shrub lick it clean
 Promiseskeeper
Msg: 993
Posted: 10/21/2008 4:34:08 PM
Harvicks smart and**** mouth does not want any part of Edwards; Edwards would knock his skinny running lights out.
 MagEMaeI
Msg: 994
Posted: 10/25/2008 5:19:25 PM
Rain out in Atlanta for qualifying.Guess who gets the pole

No matter,Biff and Edwards needs to give JJ a run for his money til the bitter end

Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 995
Posted: 10/26/2008 5:33:12 PM
Can you believe JJ? Carl had no idea until the post race interview. I swear... they could send him out there in a golf cart and he'd still kick everybody's asses. Unbelievable! I guess there's a reason he repeated last year and has all but got his name etched in the books for the threepeat. After today, I don't think there's much doubt left in anybody's mind.
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 996
Posted: 10/27/2008 4:01:12 PM

Posted By: pulsemeddle on 8/8/2007 401 PM
Subject: Nascar Chase - Who will Win
I haven't watched any nascar in the past month or so.

Finally got back to this forum.. It has been awhile haha.

Man what a race yesterday!
 pulsemeddle
Msg: 997
Posted: 10/27/2008 4:58:13 PM
How many bandwagon JJ fans have popped up while I was out?
 bullitt428
Msg: 998
Posted: 10/28/2008 9:56:09 PM
^^^^^^^^ pulse dude where you been^^^^^^^

good to see you posting again.

How many bandwagon JJ fans have popped up while I was out?

Not this guy that a for SURE!!!!!!!

BULLITT
 MagEMaeI
Msg: 999
Posted: 10/29/2008 6:20:55 AM
I wouldn't say they are new-found fans of JJ,just so darn happy it isn't shrub at the top of the Chase
 cdn*guy
Msg: 1000
Posted: 10/29/2008 6:33:43 AM
I don't think it's really jumping on a bandwagon to see that this guy seems to put it all together at the time of year that it matters most. What'd he do last year -- win the last 4 or 5 races of the year in a row ?? He probably won't do that this year, but it's not lookin' like he'll have to.

cdn guy
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Nascar Chase - Who will Win