Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jn5218
Msg: 63
OVER 50 And Alone....again.Page 2 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
If I hear there has to be chemistry one more time, I'm gonna puke! PPl are alone because they WANT to be. not because they HAVE to be.
 ladyc4
Msg: 66
OVER 50 And Alone....again.
Posted: 2/20/2006 5:13:31 PM

Then her daughter came and took mom back to Alberta.

You couldn't work something out to at least keep in contact with this lovely lady? I don't get it,statistically there should be TONS of women in your peer group;why are they not FIGHTING over you?? A healthy,active male their age?? Maybe you better come over here to Michigan...
Cindy O
Well behaved women seldom make history.
 jn5218
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/20/2006 7:13:42 PM
"enjoy being alone...enjoy that silence..smell the flowers..."

The silence can be deafening.

Do the flowers smell as sweet without someone to describe the smell too?

And at the end of the day, it's no fun sleeping alone.
 Nertz
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/25/2006 2:06:36 AM
Some of those married men not getting it at home may be falling asleep snoring as soon as they hit the sack and it's their wives who aren't getting any!!!!!!! And then-he wakes up and goes out to cheat on her!
 Nertz
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/25/2006 2:09:23 AM
Too bad you don't live out west in Canada! lol I think you're cute too. And I don't think I'm gorgeous-just the average looking 60 yr old who has worked all her life and still enjoys life.
 Only_Being_Me
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 12:28:49 PM

I see so much of this....women who after they get online see it as a candy store......and the young guys will come a calling......but its just sex or fun for them..so I get all these profiles where the women wont give the time of day to a good man because they have a distorted view on how attractive they are........ I dont think women want a good man......

Good afternoon Bobby!

There are some of us (but I'll speak for myself) who have been online for many years. I don't see being online as any 'candy store' nor do I search for any long term relationship with any younger guys (ones under 40 with some exceptions). As for attractiveness, on the outside I'm only me, but on the inside, I'm a gorgeous person that many don't take time to get to know (how unfortunate).

I'd love to have a good man in my life! Not one who is a 'pushover' and someone to 'cater to my every whim' (thinking I just wrote that line in another forum) but one who can be as supportive as I can be, as well as a life long partner who believes in 'forever'!

With that said, I have listed my profile under 'activity partner' opposed to the other options such as dating, ltr and the like. A person never knows what may grow from a good friendship.

Elaine ... remaining as Only_Being_Me
 geoweb
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/25/2006 3:03:21 PM

i an just turning turning 51 next month

you4myfier, You have to be kidding! I think you better check your birth certificate...they got the year wrong by at least 10 years. Attractive? Made me wonder if I could move there, lol.

At 58, I'm starting over....and discovering some of the same things that others have mentioned in this thread...women my age are tired.....not interested in anything that requires physical exertion (sex included) or anything outside of their 'set routine'.

The younger ones seem to fall into categories....package deals.....angry with the world.....bitter about their last relationship.........in love with themselves....live a million miles away and not interested in relocating.....looking for sugar daddy or looking for younger men.

Where are the good ones?
 Only_Being_Me
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2006 10:15:47 PM

from your profile .... "....how much of a really nice guy I am unless you knock on the door."

You can't be waiting around for one of us to knock on your door! Be assertive and write an email, use the instant message feature, etc.

I can't get anyone to talk to me, and that's no joke

What is the reason you can't get anyone to talk to you? Find the answer within yourself to that question, change anything that needs to be changed and start messaging! Don't give up either!

Mesnafugal
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/27/2006 9:16:42 PM
I for one... like men 50+... so those are the ones I want to date. I just turned 47 so I think I'm close enough to comment and personally... I'm more confident in dating now than ever before but I also like myself more now than I ever did before too. But, when just getting out of a relationship everything seems to suck!!! When the hurt is fresh, everything seems scarey and not very satisfying. But that's just my .02
 Only_Being_Me
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:41:12 PM

There are some guys like me that have been divorced for less then a year and flat out hate the single life. I hate the whole dating game and the bar scene as a single male. I'd trade this so called freedom for a loving woman to hold each night in a heart beat!
I hate coming home from work to an empty house. No one to kiss hello or even yell at me for throwing my stuff down on the coffee table!

WOW!! I can relate to that! (with exception of throwing stuff down on the kawfee table)

I felt the same way about coming home to an empty house, no hugs or kisses hello. Not much for dating (certainly not into games), the bar scene is only for Happy Hours with a few friends.

After being divorced for over 2 years and being alone for about 3 years, I have settled into a routine of sort, but would change that if the right person came along after meeting as friends first.

HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 6:15:40 PM
I been waiting for over 8 years now....and I doubt he is going to show up....Course IF you read my profile I have alot of strikes against me...nowdays a male my generation want a TROPHEY to hang on their arm....not an honest, OLD, ugly Broad like me. (Yeah...I admit it)...I have met some great guys....as FRIENDS!!!! (YEAH....I know I can never have enough friends....but...I am despirately seeking the LOVE thing..I was married 27years to my FRIEND.....now I want the real LOVE thing....Do you know what I mean????/)
 HOTPINKANGEL
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 6:18:10 PM
Wow...what a forum you have are you typing from my mind or what?

I HATE being single also....
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/2/2006 7:55:14 PM
YOu see loveisclickaway.. you have learned to like yourself and enjoy yourself. It helps when a person no matter what age learns to like themselves and learn to live the single life the best they can, when you aren't looking that is usually when the right person comes along, until then.. we should be our own RIGHT person!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/2/2006 8:47:38 PM
^^^
They also sell those hand pus****... I have a friend with one... he swears he'll never need a woman again.. and that is sad!!! LOL
 Just another DUDE
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/2/2006 10:50:52 PM
I am out of a 16 yr marrige and been single by choice.Freedom been nice but i look to settle with the right one now. You been meeting the wrong men is all hun,smilessss.Dont feel bad,i been meeting the wrong women too,lol.
 ladyc4
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/3/2006 5:39:28 PM
47?? you are a young puppy! I'm 52, lost DH to sudden heart attack 5 yrs ago...have dated, had a couple relationships, would like to have a SO but also enjoy being a holy terror...
Cindy O
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/3/2006 8:25:50 PM
I just turned 47 myself.. and it didn't hurt one little bit!!! The problem is I just do not feel 47, I keep subtracting the year I was born from the present "2006" to make sure I really am 47!!
 lavisa
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:27:35 AM
I am alone and 51 a widow, all the men i met on here where liars except one. but he was way to old and way to tall for me. Men lie about thier ages and their marital status, or their wife is dying of cancer or she has alzheimers where do the guys come up with this stuff. As for kissing frogs no thanks. Most guys said i would date you, but mostly what they said is they want sex with you and no strings, Doesnt anyone want a girlfriend anymore. I have a lot to offer a man as a widow, home car security but i would ask the same from him. There have been the ones that say let me rent a room from you and if we get along i wont pay u rent no more..Or if they werent here i would have to pay the mortgage anyways. That makes me feel used and worthless. What i decided i will just stop looking and maybe someday i will have a date i didnt have to kiss some guys backside to get or to keep him interested cuz he is on here tasting all the other desserts on the table..that is the sad reality of internet and phone chat lines no one remembers the word monogamous any more. Then there is the stalker who wants your addy and phone number straight away and terrorizes you to no end if u give it to him. As for baggage, well if i met a divorced guy whos wife isnt that **** i would be surprised and they all want to torture you for what she did to him but its ok what he did to her to deserve payback..round and round we go..They say life begins when..i havent seen it yet..have you...donna
 Wrenchspinner
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2006 7:36:59 AM
Wow ! Lots of interesting perspectives and opinions in here. Having just read this thread start to finish I figured why not kick in some more thoughts :)

Seems like falling in love was a lot easier when we were 20 or even 30 than it is at this jucture :49 . Then again there are valid reasons for that perspective.

At 20 we had yet to even find who most of us were in life, still getting our legs, gathering experiences and life itself seems to stretch out endlessly before us. Since we've yet to have typically realized ourselves, we seem to be more accepting of others variations on our own personal theme, and having fewer life experiences the list of what's acceptable is a bit broader.

In our 30s a lot of the same applies. yet by now many of us have been through several serious relationships, usually experienced marriage(s), kids have become a part of life for most folks. From the differences in our lifestyles we now have somewhat narrowed the scope of acceptability in a partner relative to the experiences we've encountered. A lot of us are still exploring ourselves at this point.

In our 40s lifes path has usually taken us to all the familiar places we have known in the past, though hopefully by now we'll have at least gotten a better understanding of who we are while just as surely what kind of personality we best relate to. By now children and/or teenagers or young adults are in our lives, most of us have been through multiple relationships on levels from dating all the way to marriage, and have again honed our perspectives a bit.

Then comes the 1/2 century mark, which will be occuring here this coming June.

Just my perspective, but here goes: I'm out there (and here:) lookin around for a partner to actually SHARE life with, and feel more capable of doing so than I've ever been in the past. I have a huge heart filled with romance, am honest in how I represent myself, stable (not rich:) in life, have a career, 2 wonderful daughters, lots of interests, still have a strong sex drive, and seek to share this time in life with a partner capable of doing the same :)

But ....I'm DONE with drama, dishonesty in a partner has become a trait that instantly ends any hope of anything meaningful evolving, infidelity in anothers past relates something to me that completely undermines any hope of lasting monogamy as a realistic possibility, baggage from previous lives is understandable, but if you wanna drag that crap around all the time you won't find me very willing to be helpful in that enterprise.

So many folks wanna use their past to define their own future (which tends to be self repeating or at least limiting), it's kinda how we're "wired" to be. I like to think my own progressions have all been for a reason. The reason is to have shown me traits I understand that will typically be at odds with my own, yet with an understood perspective that perfection is NOT seemingly likely and that everyone is different. This means each new person I encounter IS NOT someone I've already known and as such deserves to be viewed without prejudices of my own past.

I think if more folks were accepting of the new people they meet without instantly comparing and pigeon holing them into catergories from their past, we'd all get along better. As always, YMMV
 jn5218
Msg: 103
Posted: 3/13/2006 9:49:56 PM
^^^^ naw, just a lull in the action....
 bobbyp719
Msg: 106
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:23:45 PM
another summer and all alone...............when will it end :-)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >