Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dustyknight
Msg: 208
OVER 50 And Alone....again.Page 5 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
ahh alone and lonely...very much different from one another.
I have been alone now for 5 almost 6 yrs..
I do get lonely feelings from time to time... but alone is a choice I have made at this point in my life..
a┬Ělone
1. separate, apart, or isolated from others
2. to the exclusion of all others or all else.
3. only; exclusively.

Lonely
1 : being without company : cut off from others : SOLITARY
2 : not frequented by human beings :
3 : sad from being alone : LONESOME

So, I am not sad..just alone...
dusty
 bayouboy0410
Msg: 209
OVER 50 And Alone....again.
Posted: 8/1/2007 10:19:40 AM
Dusty....
Get a pair of good labadour dogs.... they are better than women.... they love you unquestionably.... mind faithfully.... and don't talk back.... good at keeping the bed warm as well.... then you won't be alone....
 dustyknight
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/1/2007 10:35:13 AM
yea! they don't talk back, complain you control em, want all your money and toys either! and...still love ya when you have a fat head from a few too many beers the night before..
 Donnchadh
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2007 10:53:45 AM
I can not help but feel that many women (perhaps not all) use something like this list. Maybe not in a literal sense, but on a subconsious level.

Donnchadh
 danishbleu1
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/10/2007 3:16:12 AM
Yes Passion, you said it all. I am newly widowed, just over a year now. I am 56 years old living in a small town, so the choices are very limited to find that "perfect" one.

I am not necessarily looking for a long term commitment, being happily married for so many years, I am just looking for some companionship. I do miss not being intimate with a man. A lot of men may think that sex is not that important once you hit the over "50" mark, but that is soooo not true...I think it is more so with us.

We have a lot to give (lol) and know how to treat our men....

Guess I will give this site a few more months....hopefully will meet that great guy.
 Girlflower
Msg: 226
Posted: 8/12/2007 4:54:33 AM
djmrt.. it is a well known fact that men usually remarry from 2-4 years after becoming singled.. We women stay single longer as a rule. And.. the longer we stay single the likelyhood we will choose to remain that way....

Guess we enjoy the.. oh what the heck.. no one to tell us that there is a dish in the sink.. that we haven't done blah blah today or this week... We do know about those things.. when we are single or married.. but men seem to miss it and somehow need to tell us..their observations of what We need to do. So when we are single we enjoy the aspect of being free to do or not do something even more!!

Just a note for your list...lol!!! Don't be a bossy male next go round... More than finances I think this is what causes the next divorce..lol...

Bossy is not fun to be around..

Girlflower

(please it goes both ways not just the guys... girls!)
 dustyknight
Msg: 227
Posted: 8/12/2007 5:41:05 AM
op,
here are the stats
Median duration of first marriages that end in divorce: Males: 7.8 years
Females: 7.9 years
Median duration of second marriages that end in divorce: Males: 7.3 years
Females: 6.8 years
Median number of years people wait to remarry after their first divorce: Males: 3.3 years
Females: 3.1 years
Percentage of first marriages that end in divorce in 1997: 50%
Percentage of remarriages that end in divorce in 1997: 60%
Percentage of divorced women who remarry within five years as of 1995: 54%

these are US stats with nevada being the highest divorce rate

dusty

Girlflower
Msg: 228
Posted: 8/12/2007 5:59:53 AM
Dusty.. the Stats may say that... but from personal experience and observation the Stats are wrong..... Men get remarried faster.... they have a problem (not all guys plaeeze) but a problem with just being alone... expecially if they have been married longer than the Stats state.... I guess the impetous would be the Stat that married men live longer than single men... And the reverse that Single Women live longer than married women....(tyhey seem to cope better..)

Stats Schmats seen it happen too many times to take the Stats Seriously... the stats are esqueued.... "Percentage of divorced women who remarry within five years as of 1995: 54%" , "Median number of years people wait to remarry after their first divorce: Males: 3.3 years" no time line quoted....and women not mentioned.

Many so called stats are misquoted from the get go and presented as the gospel.. I'm of the seeing is believing school myself. All my friends have married their next husband within the two to three year rule of his becoming single... And a Smart Women meeting a single man should ask the question how long have you been single.. with open eyes and knowledge that if the man says two to three years he's most likely ready to settle down again..

Girlflower..
 nikinikaia
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2007 7:11:05 AM
I agree with Girlflower - Stats are only an average of a given dataset. They can't be used to rate any one individual's ability to succeed or fail in a marriage or remarriage. Just a snapshot in time of a handful of the whole.

I divorced my daughter's father and never remarried for 9 years. That one lasted 2 years. The next one 4. At this point in time , I don't think there will be another. But, it would be nice to share times, make memories and enjoy the company of a gentleman who is comfortable with himself, is capable of taking care of himself, likes his own company, but wants to share it, and isn't looking for a second mother (not opposed to taking care of someone, just don't want that to be the sole reason for someone wanting to be around me).

What I feel is lacking is the ability to communicate openly and effectively. Maybe we all need to go back to what we learned in kindergarten to get along.

So, I'll keep looking for friends, enjoying life and wake each day with new hope and a smile!

nclady
Msg: 230
Posted: 8/13/2007 2:35:52 AM
i agree with you on that.i been divorced 2 years and am finding the same type men.
 Europeanlady
Msg: 231
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:28:16 PM
Yes, that would by nice just have fun doing activities Europeanlady
 Europeanlady
Msg: 232
Posted: 8/13/2007 3:31:03 PM
I just give up....I will remain single for rest of my life ......
 Honcho
Msg: 234
Posted: 8/16/2007 3:35:13 PM
I can relate to your not wanting to give half of your hard earned income after the years it took to accumulate. Some of us men feel the same way. My deceased wife and I shared by her having her own bank account and me having mine even though they were both joint accounts we didn't cross over into the others account without their permission. We only asked the other for financial assistance twice in 37 years of marriage.
That does not mean either of us were stingy......we were just independent. We both knew which bills we would assume responsibility for and it worked just fine.
 nikinikaia
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2007 4:20:49 PM

If it meant to be it will, but if it doesn't, make sure that you have a great life with or without a man.

I feel the same way. My life is great without a man and it can be great with the right man. All my children are raised and starting families of their own - so now I get the pleasure of loving the babies and the kiddies then sending them home to mama and papa!

No, seriously, it would be great to have that special gentleman in my life to share the good, the bad, and the ugly with, but if it doesn't happen, then I will continue loving, living and enjoying life as God blessed me with. I have much to be thankful and grateful for - I wouldn't mind sharing the wealth with someone else I come to love.

nikinikaia
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2007 7:55:01 PM

I have strict criteria for my last one...but still the obese contact me.

Well, jaycee, being overweight myself and losing weight as well, I don't bother with guys who have what you state on your profile. The way I look at it is, if a guy is that hung up on looks and doesn't want to get to know me as a person while I'm overweight, then he won't be worth my time when I regain my fighting weight again. I don't want the faint-hearted and shallow-souled in my life either.

I can see if they think someone who is overweight won't be able to do something like rock climbing or running marathons - understand that completely. But to just rule out a person because of their weight - well, it will be your loss.

Someday, one of the 'obese' women who have contacted you will probably pass you on the street and you won't recognize her because she is no longer 'obese', but you can bet she'll recognize you. Wanna bet what she does when figures that out?

Have a happy search - this was not a bashing post, just sharing my feelings and opinions on a subject you elected to post publicly.

Cheers!

dustyknight
Msg: 245
Posted: 8/19/2007 8:09:26 AM
^^ ma'm would ya allow me the honor of your presence? How's that ya cutie?
on topic,
you are only alone because you wish to be, there is a huge dynamic, fun world out there..and I bet along the way you'd find someone who wants to walk with you..

dusty
 Donnchadh
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2007 9:34:11 AM
After a certain passage of time, you just give up looking. Oh maybe you tell yourself you are still "available" but in reality you aren't spending any time in the chase anymore.

As one gets older, it seems like fewer and fewer people are potentially interested. You would be surprised how many women's profiles (who are in their 50's) state they want a guy younger then themselves.

And if you aren't loaded, forget it.

Donnchadh
 northwoods57
Msg: 252
Posted: 8/23/2007 12:47:59 PM
point made! me..I meet the girl, we get to know each other. If the girl starts talking about her ex or marriage, I let her talk. I play no head games, women love to laugh, and that what I provide them. A glass of wine does not hurt for both of us.
I make the women's men jealous because I make the woman laugh. Sometimes just a touch or carress on the shoulder is enough to make the woman relax. Most women have never been touched, not intimately, but just a nice touch or hug, is all it takes.
I love to hug a woman, with nothing intended.
 nikinikaia
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2007 1:27:23 PM

"You would be surprised how many women's profiles (who are in their 50's) state they want a guy younger then themselves.

I'm glad to say that I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE WOMEN! Why in the world would I want to date a gentleman who is significantly younger than me, who, more than likely, will be seeking and searching (still) to figure out if he needs a mid-life crisis to prove his manhood.

NO THANKS! I've raised my children - 1 son, 1 daughter - and the only children I want to take part in raising again are my grandchildren!

I'm not saying all younger men (and I'm talking significantly younger, not in the same decade or shortly behind mine) will be that way - but, why would I want to waste my time figuring who out is and who isn't that way at my age!

NOPE! Cheers! Happy searching!

NatGoat
Msg: 256
Posted: 8/26/2007 10:08:40 AM
Not to enter into a competition with 'Jay' . .
But if you haven't found 'Him' yet . .
Just check my Name . . !!!
Lonliness Sukkz . . !!!
 iona2000ca
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 1:22:09 PM
well i am over 50 and still searching for mr.right
but where do i look when theres none in my town
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 268
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 8:16:08 PM

It seems there are only two types of men out there. Newly divorced men that just want to date around because they haven't been free for so long. They are like a kid in a candy store.....they want a little of this and a little of that.
Makes perfect sense to me.

Then there are the guys that have been divorced for 10 yrs or so. They like doing what they want to, when they want to.
And this is a bad thing...HOW?

perhaps you're looking in the wrong age group?
 moraima
Msg: 269
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2007 8:21:20 PM
"Ever feel like a lonely little petunia in an onion patch? "

I so relate to that. I do however, see other petunias here and there in the patch.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 272
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2007 6:11:58 PM

I know that's true for you, Kahuna.........It's not in your profile now but I remember reading your profile or something you wrote and I got tired just reading about what you like to do..........
LOL! that's for sure friendlyldy.....I make a trip around the grocery store and I need to come home and take a nap. Could never keep up with Kahuna!
 smartazzjohn
Msg: 275
Posted: 11/13/2007 7:41:23 PM
I've been divorced for 12 years, I'm 53, I'm set in my way, I'm still looking around for a woman to clean my house who can support me in the style I wish to become accustom to. I know its hard to believe I'm single.
I guess good looks can't get you everything you want, I'm proof of that
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  >