Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1085
Hockey anyone?Page 10 of 310    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
^^ well...tell your boys to take it easy on the Habs for char2's sake...

and if Muckler pulls the trigger on that trade, I'll be absolutely amazed! I guess it probably would be a longterm approach for St. Louis since they probably won't be contenders this year...lol....but for Ottawa, this is a great way to solidify their likelihood of winning the Cup.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1087
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/29/2005 4:52:42 PM
i'm gonna watch the Bruins/Devils game on TSN until the Oiler game starts...should be a good, fast-paced game
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1088
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/30/2005 12:33:57 PM
The smolinski/weight trade is just a rumor for now. rumors have it that the trade would be done after the olympics. Personnally, weight would be much better than smolinski and Varrada is expandable because of Neil who is better IMO and plays the same type of hockey.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1092
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/30/2005 7:04:36 PM
Yup...a blockbuster deal! Pierre MacGuire was saying it's a horrible trade for Boston but a steal for San Jose. Should make the Sharks a much improved team down the stretch.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1115
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/1/2005 11:57:58 PM
oh sure, cat! don't even mention my name. FINE!

just for that, i'll rub in the fact that we beat the Flames in the shootout...a win is a win

and how about those Oilers tonight...they completely outskated, outworked and outplayed the Canucks.

edit: and yes, cat, you do have class and more which is why we love you...even though you cheer for the wrong team.
 cpupro_4hire
Msg: 1117
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/2/2005 7:16:04 AM
Hockey sure has been a lot more interesting this season now that the clutching and grabbing is gone from the game. (It didn't take long for a small group of people to start whining about it though did it?)

I just wish they would have left the shootout out of it. It's a gimmick, and fan interest in it will diminish over time. With the number of penalty shots they are calling now, and with the number of breakaways, that should have been good enough. Too much of a good thing spoils the product. ie: Baseball and home runs.

I also don't like the awarding of a point to a losing team in overtime. That has to go. But overall, the game is much better today than it was the previous few years.

sillychick
Msg: 1133
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/4/2005 11:43:52 AM
All fans but leaf fans are happy to see them lose. I can't stand them.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1139
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/5/2005 8:47:20 AM
Are there trade rumors in Bolt land? I know that they are talking about bringing Doug Weight to Ottawa...
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1142
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/5/2005 12:57:09 PM
Ottawa just shows no sign of slowing down, even with Havlat out for a while. They are a force to be reckon with and the change behind the bench will be worthy in the Playoffs in my opinion. With Heatley playing better than he ever did, you'll see a different team in the playoffs. A team that will dominate the way they've been dominating all year so far... They got past the Kings quite easily... let's see how they'll do against the other teams from the western conference
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1145
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/6/2005 5:58:27 AM
another easy win last night against the Panthers... 6-2.. they even chased Luongo out of the nets...21-4 now I believe...
 dud
Msg: 1164
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/8/2005 4:30:50 PM
^^^^ wow! smokin hot and (im hoping) a kings fan! WOW!

...when are the stars gonna start losin? dammit
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1188
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/11/2005 9:33:06 AM
It seems the schedule means a lot of teams have to do the Vancouver - Calgary - Edmonton run this year and get beat up. Detroit was flying high earlier, came into the west and lost 3 in a row. Now it's Ottawa's turn. This is a very good division and the playoffs are going to be a lot of fun.
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 1220
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/14/2005 9:47:53 AM
Vancouver was dealt a blow...Cloutier is done for the season...

I wonder if they are going to trade for a goalie...or rely on what they have.

If they do trade for a goalie, who would they deal, and who would they try to pick up. It would seem to me that Sean Burke in T. Bay is probably a viable option, and Philly's back up has looked good as well.
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 1223
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/14/2005 11:07:31 AM
I would bet heavily that Florida will not trade Luongo for any deal that Vancouver offers, unless that deal includes Nasland.

Florida has no viable back up that would make them competitive, and Luongo is perhaps in the top 5 goalies in the league...Bert is not in the top 10 with skaters.

Like I said earlier, I think Burke is a viable option, also, L.A. has some excess goalie equipment too.
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 1227
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/14/2005 11:24:42 AM
I think the Bolt's would gladly part with Burke and likely some draft pics to land Bert...
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 1229
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/14/2005 12:15:32 PM
This is the first big test of Dave Nonis. Somewhere there is a Kiprosov-like goalie out there playing backup. If they can find him then they'll win the Cup. Nobody is going to give up a first line playoff goalie to the Canucks. Unless Gretzky wants to get an impact player like Bertuzzi or Jovanoski then he might give up Cujo. They're way under the cap, so it could work. We should not trade for Luongo.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1230
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/14/2005 1:07:39 PM
I have a feeling that Luongo will be on the trading blocks before long as the Panthers aren't winning or contending for a Playoff spot and Luongo is a free agent at the end of the season. So chances are that Mike Keenan will want to trade Luongo and not lose him for nothing since I don't think Luongo will want to sign back with the Panthers, anyway, as long as Iron Mike is the GM that's for sure. He took it as an insult that they did not acknowledge the fact that he is a franchise player, a franchise goaltender at that, which makes him even more valuable. He's got a losing record allright but is .908 save percentage speaks for itself with a team that sucks the big one both offensively and defensively. Florida has next to nothing right now aside a couple good players like Bouwemeester, Jokinen and Horton.. you can probably count Weiss in also. For the most part their defense is slow and not mobile at all and he's still able to have such a good save percentage. I wish he'd end up in Ottawa but I highly doubt it.. He could end up in Tampa since they could spare some offense by letting a guy like Richards or St-Louis go. They could also trade him to Vancouver where rumors have Bertuzzi wanting out, although he has denied it.. but then again his best friend is Markus Naslund so I doubt that he'd want out of Vancouver. and the Fans love him there too, would be a very bad move for Vancouver. Aebisher is also said to be on the trading blocks, that could be another option for the nucks or the bolts.. I think that we are going to see some movement soon from the teams who are pretty much out of the playoffs and the teams that were smarte enough to keep some room under the cap are the ones who are going to benefit from it all.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1234
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:02:16 AM
It's not so true anymore as it once was. Now teams will look at ways to make their team better and if that means trading with a division rival, why not. As for Burke, Keanan would be quite stupid to get burke in a Luongo trade. Burke is no longer a number 1 goalie and actually never was a real number 1 goalie. And now with the salary cap and all, teams will have to go with what they can afford and if this means trading with a division, same state rival, they will do it. Keep in mind that Florida is nowhere close to making the playoffs this year so it wouldn't cause a problem at to either team to trade together. If they were both battling for a spot, it could be different.

As for saying that nothing's broken in Ottawa so we don't need to fix it. I agree but if you asked me who I'd want as a number 2 center between smolinski and Weight, the choice is quite clear. One as definitly more offensive upside than the other, and specially much better passing skills too.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1239
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:14:51 AM
I'm just surprised that the Pingouins waited that long before firing the coaching staff... I agree that Fleury isn't going anywhere as he is the net minder of the future for the Pens... and now that they have submitted Thibault to the waivers, it's obvious that they have decided to win or lose with Fleury. Caron is by no stretch of the imagination the net minder they are counting on. I saw the Detroit/Pittsburgh game and Fleury was spectacular!!!

And yes, Ottawa even without Spezza and Havlat are doing very very good. they may have lost two in a row, two games that could have been victories as they ended in OT and shootout. Then they killed Colorado. Look for Aebisher to end up somewhere else.. perhaps in T Bay? I'm sure the Avs would love to acquire St-Louis or Richards.. look for Lacroix to get a rabbit out of his hat before long once again
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 1240
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:17:59 AM
I am not so sure that T-Bay is going to give up St. Louis or Richards...both were cornerstones in their Cup run.

And the Sabres are definitely deep between the pipes...often overlooked.

If the Panthers decide to trade Luongo they are going to want a lot...more then a Todd Bert.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1242
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:42:29 AM
And they can't afford to keep Richards, Lecavalier and St-Louis with the cap. So get rid of the older one, St-Louis who is doing just ok this year, nothing spectacular
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 1243
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 11:58:03 AM
Statistically St. Louis is on a similar pace at this time this year, as he was last year.

And they are within their cap space. Also, based on league revenues it is likely that the cap space next year will jump a bit, which would be great as it would obviously encourage a bit more trading.

There was an article at ESPN.com about the increase in revenue on their NHL link.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 1245
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 12:41:18 PM
With 11 wins in his last 11 games he started, I doubt that Buffalo will trade him just yet, speically that Miller is still on IR I believe. And he is still a young net minder too.. so who knows, maybe Miller will head somewhere else when he's back in game shape. It is true that the if the revenues grow, the cap will move up along with the increased revenues. Although revenues are up, I don't think that the league will set the new cap until the end of the season. They just can't make the mistake of setting a new cap based on revenue estimates. They had no choice to do it for this season but I don't think we'll get anything new cap wise before May or June, probably a few weeks before free agency.. so teams can only estimate what the new cap may be and see if they could afford to have a higher payroll... who knows, with free agency being available at a younger age etc... it changes things quite a bit.. Some players will be moved based on that only, specially when you have a disgruntle player like Luongo who feels he got shafted by the Panthers this year. Everyone agrees that 3.2 million dollars is way over paid for any athlete but sadly this is the market and Luongo deserves at least as much as Theodore that's for sure, specially considering that Luongo is far superior to Theodore in my opinion
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 1246
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 12:48:39 PM
Luongo is far superior to Theodore in my opinion...

I hope that is in everyone's opinion, and hell I am a Hab's fan.
 Brain-In-A-Vat
Msg: 1248
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:14:13 PM
If I am the Bolts I would try to avoid trading any of those players and look at guys like Prospel/Modin/Fedetenko + draft picks.

But if you were forced to trade one...St. Louis...probably the easiest to sell.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >