Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pinkdeville
Msg: 2019
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 16 of 310    (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42)
I am now hanging from that limb that I went out on. Someone please throw me a life line. Hey Ladybug, how about a hand..lol..
 Flyers_Phan
Msg: 2031
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/2/2006 6:43:23 PM
wtf Philly? 7-1? Crap crap, get rid of Bobby Clark and go from there, that team will never see the cup with him in charge
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2036
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/3/2006 8:48:37 PM
I don't suppose we'll be seeing smackemhard around here for a while!

GO OILERS GO!!!!!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2039
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/3/2006 9:30:13 PM
^^^ tell it like it is, brother! I had mixed emotions watching the game because I wanted Anaheim to kick their ass...but the more I watched it the more I realized that Edmonton would easily kick the Flames ass in a series...so suddenly I wanted them to win so that the Oil could be the ones spanking the Flames and enjoying the intense satisfaction of rubbing it in to those obnoxious bandwagon fans. I'll still rub it in, but it would have been better if we dispatched them to the golf course.
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 2042
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/3/2006 11:56:27 PM
Don't worry. Sharks will eat Ducks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 2043
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/3/2006 11:57:38 PM

oh ya....we are the CITY OF CHAMPIONS, AND WE ALWAYS DO BETTER THAN CALGARY.....ALWAYS!!!

Er... not so in 2004!
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 2044
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/4/2006 12:04:47 AM

Don't worry. Sharks will eat Ducks for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Hee Hee! I've already assumed that the Sharks will beat the Oil (which they will) and that the Ducks will beat the Avs! But no chance there! Avs will beat the Ducks! Never mind! Too many

brawnydog
Msg: 2063
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/5/2006 5:10:15 PM

pick a team Chief or shut your pie hole.
I'm not the only one you're pissing off.

I'm only going to say this once:

NO HIGH STICKING

I'm getting tired of coming back here to snuff out fires. Bugg started this thread
because, she is an avid hockey fan.....like the rest of you are. Don't force
me to delete the thread. The same forum rules apply in sports as they do
in the other forums. DO NOT FLAME OR INSULT OTHER MEMBERS!!!!

I will ban anyone from the forum, until after the Stanley Cup, that does so.

Brawnydog/moderator
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2070
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/7/2006 10:34:33 PM
Ducks are playing some outstanding hockey, but you wonder how long they can keep that up for. Their goaltending reminds me of the streaks that Jiggy and Kipper went on a few years ago. Sharks played a physical game tonight which the Oil have to match if they want to win the series.

PS. Thanks Lady, thought I'd bring some levity back into the hockey forums. I know that you and I bleed Oil, so we need to do our collective prayers to knock out these filthy sharks.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2075
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/9/2006 8:35:11 PM
I'd have to agree. Again, he was great against the Avalanche tonight, but he did allow 3 goals. That probably has to do with the quality of shots he finally faced - the likes of which he never faced in the first 2 games. For that reason alone, I'd have to give the edge to the Sabres netminder who has faced tons of shots of the quality variety and kept victory within reach. Kinda felt sorry for the Avs tonight, though. They worked their tails off, but the same end result because of a few sloppy plays. Worst players on the ice tonight were Tanguay, Brisbois and Turgeon.

The oilers sure are disappointing me... to think they smoked my Wings.

Think what these Sharks would have done to those aging Wings.....can you say "hip replacement"?
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2078
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/9/2006 9:56:34 PM
How about a couple of pylons. They would provide better defensive coverage and it would give Rob Blake a chance to play less minutes per game.
 Pinkdeville
Msg: 2108
view profile
History
...oh my my...
Posted: 5/12/2006 6:50:35 PM
Is there still hockey being played? Since my poor wings were clipped I thought the world would end, but hey, the sun came out again. Now that I`ve been discharged from the psyche ward everything looks rosy. The Oil are coming back tonight, oh oh!!
 GT99
Msg: 2137
...oh my my...
Posted: 5/15/2006 5:55:56 PM
I have to "hope" edmonton wins just because I do like ryan smith, captain canada in my eyes, he always shows up with heart to play for our national team and think he represents our country well.

they also beat out my team...the canucks, I would be a leafs fan but bertuzzi is my boy, him and my cousin practically looked after me back in their OHL days with the storm. Alot of haters on bert because of the moore issue, but mistakes aside, he is a class act guy and one of the best guys you could meet.
 GT99
Msg: 2139
...oh my my...
Posted: 5/15/2006 6:21:35 PM
Bad rap is right, the guy felt horrible after. It was not an "intent" to break his neck. Eeveryone says well...thats what he did, but look it it from this stand point...have you ever been in a fight? Most have sometime in their life, and as you remember it was a normal fight, maybe you KO'ed the guy, maybe you didnt. But think about that same fight and one of you punches made him fall and by a freak of nature he was crippled.

yeah...you are responsible for your actions but in no way to you "think or "try" to do that, it was just bad luck.

have to admit, might make someone think the next time they fight or what "could" happen, just proved you never know.

Todds a great guy, he had a year that wasnt what he expected, but he has alot to deal with. He should be back in Kitchener (were he lives in the off season) now with his family relaxing, people need to lay off him. He will be back and will prove he is the best power forward in the NHL
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2153
the oil are about to spoil
Posted: 5/17/2006 12:27:14 AM
The interesting thing is how many folks in Vancouver have become Oilers fans just by watching their sheer heart and determination. I flew to Edmonton to see game 4 and the plane was full of Oiler fans from the West Coast on their way to the game. The sports talk on our radio stations were full of Nuck fans that hated the Oil when the playoffs started...hell, even the hosts of the shows ridiculed the Oilers and any chance we had of beating Detroit and San Jose (they wrote us off in 4 or 5 games for both series)... but what a change in attitudes after they watched their stellar play over the course of the last few weeks. Even diehard Nucks fans have been phoning in day after day to say they've always hated the Oilers, but they've "fallen in love with this team" and that they've become "fans of the Oil" and that this is "the best series out there". The bars in Vancouver have lots of fans now cheering the Oilers on. Heck, I even heard there are many fans in Cowtown and that in some stores Oiler merchandise is outselling Flames merchandise over there....WOW! Hell has frozen over (hehe...no more flames)

Straight from the cow's mouth: http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/story.html?id=4aceaafc-4149-4a8f-b787-86cf952a4195&p=1
 Pinkdeville
Msg: 2156
view profile
History
the oil are about to spoil
Posted: 5/17/2006 1:43:49 PM
Are you ready for some hockey?
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2163
oh my my!!!
Posted: 5/18/2006 1:21:15 AM

Sharks win put a stop to Oil riggin' that been goin' but here we go!

Underway & no more oil strike in 2nite's game nor will there be a spillage/leakage back in the Shark Tank!!

That's a final prediction 2boot you stinky oily fans and band gongers!!!

Enjoy the game & get your towels/hankies out oily fans your goin' to need cause your luck of striking oil has dried out till next year!!!!

Bahahahaha!! Sucks to be you!!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2171
oil stinks ducks rule the rinks
Posted: 5/18/2006 11:07:48 PM

The Ducks do well against teams that rely on one or two players much like Edmonton, because they have skill spread across the team in an almost even fashion

Methinks you don't know too much about hockey, do ya?

this west finals should have been ducks vs flames, but it happens that the best 2 teams play in the first round

half true. one of the best teams in the west (ducks) was there. flames would have been clobbered by any of the remaining teams with the possible exception of Detroit. As they said on the radio shows in Vancouver, this is like the Flames run in 2004, except that Edmonton is "exciting to watch" and has "more talent, skill and speed" than that Cinderella team.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2190
quack quack.......?
Posted: 5/23/2006 1:23:45 AM
Hey smack, you're pressing those sour grapes so hard, it's starting to taste like whine

and ohh yes edmonton is so better always.....red mile no one got stabbed, blue mile there was 2. so you win on that.....ohhh but rush vs roughnecks we win, vipers vs crackercats we win, flames vs oilers alltime vs guess who wins that? ohh yeah calgary, whl emm yeah win as well. so tell me if edmonton always, always does better then why do we have the better record against you? why have we knocked you out of the playoffs. why was it the flames that stopped the oil when the oil were on top of the nhl?

Yes, but we repeatedly have beaten you where it truly counts...in the big leagues and in the playoffs. Your definitely diggin' down the deep well of flames desperation when you're resorting to bringing up the roughnecks and vipers....well, i guess as a long suffering flames fan, you have nothing else to bring up.

i have never said the oilers are not good. i'm just saying what they are doing is under what the flames did in 04.

Thanks for being sooooo obvious. Hehhehehe...methinks a bitter flamer fan is reaching for something, anything...

i know one thing the oilers have done that no team will ever do again......wanna guess? lets see it was a game 7.........and they had the puck....ohh and they scored the game winning goal on there own net. lol

True. I guess we knew that you would never win a playoff series against us, so we had to assist you guys somehow.

and the flames would not have been "clobbered" by all the remaining teams. its just the unluck of the standings. most people knew the flames and ducks would go 7. and you know game 7's they can go ethier way.

With your lack of scoring prowess and inability to clutch-n-grab your way to the finals like in '04, the writing was on the wall....it's just too bad that flames fans can't really read.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2208
quack quack.......?
Posted: 5/28/2006 3:17:32 AM
I'm finally coming down from my high! I'm so proud of the Oilers and our fans. So much heart behind this incredible run...an eighth seed team going much further into playoffs than any other since the NHL adopted this new format in 1994. Simply put...WOW!!! The perfect mixture of heart, passion, willpower, determination, grit, speed and talent. I was actually worried about the Ducks more than any other team - even though we were up 3-0 - because of the fact that we were exhausted from three weeks of continous play (ripped off by the NHL between series) and with the flu bug devastating our lineup. I felt that we absolutely had to win game 5 in order to have a chance at winning the cup, since we were pretty much playing on fumes. This game was for much more than a chance to rest.
 Outdoor2
Msg: 2239
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/5/2006 6:36:19 PM
Heck....even after the 1st period ( and Don Cherry) I know the oil is gonna bring it home!

Look at the guys behind the bench! That otta tell you lots 2!!!!!

Calm, Cool, and about to Collect the Cup!
 Outdoor2
Msg: 2241
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/5/2006 6:41:25 PM
no...no....

its 3 !!!!!!!!!!!

ZIP!!!!!!

EDIT: 3-1
 masterspirit
Msg: 2249
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/7/2006 2:03:27 PM
If the oilers took a run at Ward it would be a disgrace to the game of hockey in this, the showcase of our game. I can understand someone maybe knocking him on his ass, or getting into a scrum but taking a run at Ward is just ridiculous. Being a Canes fan, thats as objective as I can be.. The Canes will test out whoever is in goal tonite and prolly have 70 shots. I say the Canes will either blast them into oblivion tonite or the oilers will make it a series. I know the character of the Canes is strong but I have not seen the oilers enough to know of theirs. I guess well find out tonite. Carolina 4 Edmonton 1
 evil kenevil
Msg: 2257
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/7/2006 7:11:03 PM
hi i miss hockey too, i hope i can get tickets to the wolves games or hawks. i missed it so much that i didn't even see who won the ihl cup. of course i will watch every game possible.
 masterspirit
Msg: 2259
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/7/2006 7:41:48 PM
shappy: first off, there was no intention to injure Roloson, the Canes are not that kind of team but apparently the oilers are after seeing larouque hit ladd while facing the boards.it was stupid, unnecessary and really a disgrace. There was definitely an intent to injure Ladd there. And if you think intending to injure other players because you dont have discipline and played a crappy game is a thrill then you dont know what hockey is about. The oilers keep this up and theyll be done in four.
lady bugg:well apparently your oilers listened to you and started taking cheap shots, maybe thats why the canes came back from 3-0 and the oilers didnt rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >