Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2267
Hockey anyone?Page 17 of 310    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

i have wacthed it a few times already. dirty hit. nothing else you can say about that.

Must have learned a few tricks from watching Nemo in action in 2004.
 masterspirit
Msg: 2268
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/8/2006 5:47:48 AM
lady bugg your right about one thing, giving the five minute power play to carolina earlier in the game sure would have made a difference ,and theres a difference between tough hockey and dirty hockey..that was dirty.....what if he had gotten seriously injured? would that be a victory for edmonton? or just for some people who are pissed off that theyre losing?
 Pinkdeville
Msg: 2275
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/10/2006 4:44:15 PM
I must say that I would love to see Edmonton win just for Lady Bug.
 CherishDragon
Msg: 2280
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/10/2006 8:52:23 PM
GOOOOOOOOO EDMONTON....
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2281
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:19:52 PM
Never mess with the Oil Country! Yes baby! Here we go Oilers, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2283
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:24:34 PM
^^^ I hear ya, babe! Nothing could have made me feel better. This was a gut-wrenching performance by the Oil. I'm so dang hapy I could cry!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2285
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/10/2006 9:30:15 PM
I hear ya, babe. I was almost in tears when they tied it up and almost in a state of ecstacy when the Oilers went up 2-1. I can't remember a time when I've been so proud of a team. Also, I know how much you love the Oil, so I'm happy for you. Let's celebrate as the Oil bring it home.
 masterspirit
Msg: 2288
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/12/2006 2:12:43 PM
well i for one am not a carolina band jumper ive watched this team since it was the whalers in the early 90's. for once we are actually the favorite.....lol to win cup..lol im not used to this team being favored to win anything...having said that im not stupid either and i think the chances are good the oil will tie the series tonite but carolina will rebound from a weak game 3...they always do..
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2298
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/12/2006 10:02:55 PM
Doesn't matter. We WILL win the next game. And we did it without our best goaltender. And we didn't choke unlike a certain team to the south of us that claimed the division title and thought they'd go all the way this year. What the Oilers have done thus far is a miracle unto itself. Cheers to Oil!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2300
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/12/2006 11:25:26 PM

well we are getting killed in the finals so emm new plan....how about we start saying the flames choked against the ducks? yeah that will work

Wrong. We've been saying that all along.

Don't pretend like you wouldn't trade places with the Oilers right now if you had the chance. Flames choked as per usual. First round, I might add...and to the very team that the Oilers beat in 5. I couldn't have scripted it better myself.. End of story.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2302
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/13/2006 12:03:22 AM
Yup, I've never ever seen that before. In the many years I've watched hockey, I've also never seen fans keep chanting even after the team lost the game...especially after falling behind 3-1 in a series. Anyhow, here's the last few seconds of the game and the Oil fans sending off the team with a loud "Let's Go Oilers!" chant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjVWl01Nt6Y
 masterspirit
Msg: 2349
view profile
History
canes 05/06 stanley cup champions
Posted: 6/19/2006 8:30:02 PM
2006 stanley cup champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Pinkdeville
Msg: 2367
view profile
History
lady_bugg65 + the Oil.....the never ending story...
Posted: 6/20/2006 2:59:56 PM
Thanks for the thread LadyBug. You`ll have to bet your pants next season.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2368
lady_bugg65 + the Oil.....the never ending story...
Posted: 6/21/2006 1:04:33 AM
How do you get "choke artists" from a team ranked 8th, making it to game 7 of the finals?
From someone who knows jacksh*t about hockey.

Anyhow, I just got back from spending a week in Edmonton and what a ride it was! I feel nothing but pride and a great deal of gratitude for the amazing journey that the Oil took us on. Wow! I remember the crowd at Shanks erupting when Pisani scored the shorthanded game-winning goal in Game 5. I remember the complete domination of the Canes in Game 6 and the festive atmosphere on Whyte Ave. I also remember feeling that horrible feeling of emptiness right after we lost Game 7. The weirdest thing is that I thought before the game that if we lose tonight, I would be sick for ages. Well...we all know how that game went. And exactly as I had predicted, I felt a sense of emptiness, shock and sadness, but, shockingly, that feeling was replaced with happiness and pride within minutes of the loss. I don't know if I can fully express how proud I felt of the team, the fans, this record-breaking trip to Game 7 of the SCF, this city and a playoff series which is universally regarded as one of the best in decades. BRAVO!! Damn, was I ever proud and happy to be an Oiler fan at that moment. I fully expected the city to be in mourning as I cleared my tab at the Overtime bar and headed out on to Jasper Ave, but to my surprise, it was as if the entire city had undergone the same emotional transformation from grief to an overwhelming sense of pride. People were still chanting "LET'S GO OILERS!!", honking their horns and waving their flags. We decided to head out to Whyte Ave where we were confronted by more of the same. Rather than a sombre atmosphere, the mood was more celabratory than anything. There were still thousands of Oiler fans chanting the same thing and high-fiving each other. The bars were operating at full capacity until 2 am. It occurred to me that this could only occur to a team that had no expectations yet went further in the playoffs than any other 8th seed team in history and took it to the absolute limit. Congratulations to the best team in the West!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2377
2005-06 Trophy finalists
Posted: 6/22/2006 7:43:21 PM
Well, it looks like the Calder went to the right person. Ovechkin definitely deserved it over anyone else. I'm glad the Hart trophy went to Thornton. I don't think any other person even came close in regards to their impact on a team's performance.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2378
2005-06 Trophy finalists
Posted: 6/22/2006 7:56:26 PM
For a good laugh (with some truth in it):

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/49761
 WeekendAdventure
Msg: 2379
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/22/2006 11:30:49 PM
I'm not sure you were watching the same Canadian Sport I was but your Colonials lucked out! Saver the moment.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2387
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:39:49 AM
^ Holy Crap! For once, smack and I agree!!!

Macktruck, you are a fan of a team that represents what choking entails. Hell, look up the definition of "choke" and you'll see a picture of Sundin, Domi, Tucker, etc. I guess you're still smartin' from the usual Leafs early exit, but you should be used to that by now.
 Big_Green_Guy
Msg: 2391
huge trade
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:34:20 PM
This trade is the best thing that can happen for Vancouver fans. Not only do you get a top notch goalie for the next decade, you get rid of the huge Bertuzzi circus fiasco. Not a Vancouver fan by any means, but living on the left coast, you hear all about them. So I hope Vancouver fans embrace this deal, because you're not going to get much better.

Go Flames Go!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2392
huge trade
Posted: 6/24/2006 12:51:13 PM
I'm actually excited by the Pronger news. As much as I loved the guy, his trade potential now is HUGE! After the season he just had, the Oilers should be able to get some substantial player(s) in return. Good news for the Oilers!

As far as Bertuzzi is concerned, I think the majority of Nucks fans are relieved that he's finally gone. He was a cancer in the dressing room and floated for most of the games he played throughout the season. I went to about 15 games at GM Place this year and I spent entire games just focussing on him because I saw him as the source of Vancouver's problems and, sure enough, he rarely did anything of consequence. Some observations from watching him play: he never looked excited or passionate about any game, he never really takes more than two or three strides before he floats again, he rarely backchecks and might come back as far as the blueline, he takes a gazillion undisciplined penalties, he's a cancer in the dressing room, he makes excuses for his poor play and the team's poor play, he's outright hostile with fans and the media, and this year he hardly played the dominant physical game from 2 years ago - that is, he rarely checked anyone or stood in front of the net and often played a perimeter game instead of driving to the net.
This was the best move for the Canucks and I think they took a page from the Oilers and Flames. Every year the fans in Vancouver griped about the goaltending situation, but the Nucks organization refused to do anything about it. After the Flames run, they still made excuses by chalking it up to a Cinderella run. But now that the Oilers have also made a deep run by acquiring a top notch goaltender, the Nucks hand has finally been forced. The excuses have finally run out and two divisional rivals are largely responsible for that.

As for Florida, I think they made a HUGE mistake! Big Bert might try for one year before he reverts back to his old form. Auld is OK, but he's no Luongo, nor will he ever be.

As for the Flames, they definitely need more scoring punch or they'll have an early exit next year. In this new NHL, that team will not be able to go deep. This isn't 2004 anymore and you can't clutch-n-grab your way to the finals. You need speedy forwards that can bury the puck. Hmmm...but then again, I kinda hope Sutter and the rest of the Flames don't change a thing. :)
 FIRE_FOX_1
Msg: 2393
EDMONTON OILERS...
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:27:38 PM
JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR...
 FIRE_FOX_1
Msg: 2394
THE FUTURE...
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:28:27 PM
The best way to predict the future is to invent it...
 FIRE_FOX_1
Msg: 2395
EDMONTON OILERS... THIS TEAM IS MY FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM OF ALL TIME...
Posted: 6/24/2006 2:43:45 PM
The Oilers became my favorite team after they lost Rollie. I was so crushed when they lost that game, that I realized they were my favorite team, and not my second team anymore... (they were always a close second to the Leafs) and believe me it is a tough thing to do... changing your #1 Team (the Leafs) into your number 2 team...

I was also so devastated when they lost game seven and lost the cup, I have never felt that way about another team before, not even the Toronto maple Leafs...

So I've realized that the OILERS were my number one team...

When you're that crushed when a team loses like that... YOU JUST KNOW, AND REALIZE THAT THEY ARE YOUR TEAM...

I HAVE NEVER SEEN A TEAM WITH SUCH HEART EVER...

AND THE LOOK ON THEIR FACES WHEN THE OTHER TEAM WON THE CUP...

I'LL NEVER FORGET IT...

I HAVE NEVER FELT FOR PLAYERS OR A TEAM, THE WAY I FELT FOR THIS OILERS TEAM...

WHAT A GREAT TEAM...
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2397
EDMONTON OILERS... THIS TEAM IS MY FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM OF ALL TIME...
Posted: 6/24/2006 3:51:45 PM
Hey Firefox, I hear what you're saying. I was crushed, but overwhelmingly proud of this overachieving, world-beating hockey team. Talk about heart and soul! The Oilers will win the Cup next year. Go Oilers Go!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >