Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2398
EDMONTON OILERS... THIS TEAM IS MY FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM OF ALL TIME...Page 18 of 310    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
What the hell was Colorado thinking?! Giving up Tanguay for that bum, Leopold??? They also get a 2006 second rounder and a conditional second-round pick in 2007 or 2008. And what the hell were they doing trading Tanguay within the division?

On a positive note, it was nice to see that rousing ovation that Gretz got in Vancouver.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2399
EDMONTON OILERS... THIS TEAM IS MY FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM OF ALL TIME...
Posted: 6/24/2006 4:28:17 PM
LMAO @ the Leafs getting booed. Gotta give John Ferguson credit for not getting flustered and giving some sarcastic remarks to the crowd. Leafs still suck, though.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2400
EDMONTON OILERS... THIS TEAM IS MY FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM OF ALL TIME...
Posted: 6/24/2006 4:49:25 PM
So...The Wild get Pavol Dimitra for, essentially, Roloson. If the Oilers had won Game 7, then the Wild wouldn't have had such a high pick (11th) to trade to the Kings. They would have picked around 30th had the Oil won the seventh game.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2404
FLAMES GET SOME OFFENCE
Posted: 6/24/2006 8:04:49 PM
^ Nah! Trust me, buddy, they were booing the Leafs. There's a real rivalry between Vancouver and Toronto. Vancouver being the largest city in the west and Toronto, the self-described "center of the universe", being the largest in the east. Also, those annoying Leafs fans are always present at every Leafs game in Vancouver and are very loud and obnoxious. But I guess that's the case in a lot of canadian cities. It doesn't help that you've got such unlikeable characters like Tucker and Domi, either.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2406
FLAMES GET SOME OFFENCE
Posted: 6/24/2006 8:25:27 PM
^ Well, the Montreal Canadian fans are almost despised as much as the Leafs fans for much of the same reasons. We get a ton of them at our games as well, but they are better behaved. As for Domi, you can't deny that a lot of people dislike him. We may respect the fighter that he is, but you can still not like him as a person. I agree about Tucker, though. He is a whiney, cheapshot artist that dives every two seconds and gets away with murder.

Yes, no one has the fanbase that the Leafs have, but that has a lot to do with the size of Toronto, the number of displaced persons from Ontario across Canada, and the fact that many fans have followed them for years as the default team before the expansion occured in the 1970's (trust me, I was one of the ones who loved the Leafs until I got used to the new local teams). I don't think jealousy has anything to do with it, since we have sizeable fanbases of our own, and the Oilers have always had a unique following of their own - I guess it didn't hurt have the greatest collection of talent ever assembled into one team. Also, the Leafs have not had anything that remotely resembles success in decades, so disgust might be a better word than "jealousy".
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2417
EDMONTON OILERS... just a week ago
Posted: 6/27/2006 8:25:45 PM

ps...who the funk is this sutter guy???????..............ha!~

He's that guy that looks like a deer in headlights behind the Flames bench.
 OpEssie
Msg: 2419
Posted: 6/27/2006 9:53:30 PM
I'd hate to see Tie Domi leave the Leafs. Then again, if he went to the Wings (my boys), that'd be okay. Not that Detroit really needs a Tie Domi. We need a rugged forward who can move the puck up the middle and lay on the hits.

Pronger...what to do you expect from the guy who tried to take out Steve Yzerman's knee? He get what he deserved for that. I laughed my ass off.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2420
Posted: 6/27/2006 10:07:30 PM
I hear there is a lot of speculation in Toronto about the possibility of Pronger going there. Hmmm...they'd have to give up a lot...probably a lot more than they're willing to give up. I was listening to Team1040 radio in Vancouver and they said that Pronger has stated that the only two canadian cities he'd be willing to play in are Vancouver (never gonna happen) or Toronto (do they have what Edmonton wants?). There's also been speculation about a possible trade to the Lightning. Tampa has to get rid of a few players this year...very unlikely they can keep Kubina and/or Lecavalier.
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 2421
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2006 10:25:33 PM
Tampa better NOT get rid of Lecavalier. On the hand, they desperately need a goaltender. I'd send St.Louis or Richards for a quality goaltender.

Anyone know what's the deal with Pronger's wife? Like why does she want out of Edmonton so bad? I guess something happened to her there.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2426
Lecavalier is going to stay
Posted: 6/28/2006 8:29:50 PM
More than likely Kubina is on his way out.

and you can't spell O-I-L-E-R-S without L-O-S-E-R hahahaha

Yes, you may be able to spell that word from the letters in the Oilers name, but the definition belongs solely to the Flames. 5-1 baby!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2430
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 6/30/2006 9:35:32 PM
Pisani re-signed to a 4 year contract. Awesome!!!!
 Big_Green_Guy
Msg: 2435
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/2/2006 11:49:31 AM
No no.. not St Louis... Savard.
Stupid Leafs... get another offensive defencemen and a guy who can't keep up to anyone. No wonder they suck. And Gary Roberts wants back for some reason...
Not sure about the Flames signing Zyuzin. Didn't he quit on his team a few years ago?
Just saw Nashville sign Jason Arnott. Nashville?
Surprised to see Jovo go to Phoenix... thought Florida was the lock.
Hate to say it, but good job by Nonis to get Mitchell.
Still can't wait to see Iginla and Tanguay play together for a season.
Glad Chara stayed in the east though.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2436
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/2/2006 12:15:43 PM
^ Wow! Mitchell was a good addition. The guy has been a thorn in the Nucks side for years, but has always wanted to play for Vancouver (he loves the city...who doesn't?).

The Oil should be good this year depending on what Lowe gets for Pronger. I think he's holding off for the right deal...not some rushed trade where he'll get his pocket picked. Pisani and Roli have inked deals, so there's a few more guys that we'll have to sign and a few we'll let go. Apparently, the Oil are after Anson Carter. It would be nice to see him in an Oiler uniform again, but I don't think the Nucks will let him slip away.

I really don't think the Flames can win the Northwest this year. Everyone will be that much better in 2006/2007.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2439
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/2/2006 2:19:44 PM
Yup, I don't think they'll let him go either. The Sedins do all the spade work while Carter provides the finish. That line would be pretty impotent without Carter. I do like what I've seen in the developement of the Sedins over the last few years. They provide consistent a work ethic and drive the opposition nuts with their forechecking.

but if his answer to that querie is some other talentless hack like carter, he should be fired, shot & dragged through the streets.

haha...you and I must have been posting at the same time. Out of curiousity, how can you call Carter a "talentless hack" when he was one of the few on that team that provided scoring on a regular basis. That line put the "Big Line" to shame.
 kisssmeehere
Msg: 2446
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/3/2006 3:58:31 PM
They got Pronger for a prospect defenseman and for Joffrey Lupul...and a couple of first-round picks. Now they have Scott Niedermayer and Pronger on the blue line.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2449
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/3/2006 5:08:52 PM

They got Pronger for a prospect defenseman and for Joffrey Lupul...and a couple of first-round picks. Now they have Scott Niedermayer and Pronger on the blue line.

Hey kisssmeehere, Hope you don't live anywhere near Pronger. He has a habit of knockin' up puck bunnies...and it's a little early for him to request another trade.:)
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2465
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/4/2006 8:41:58 PM
If there's one Nucks player I'll miss, it's gotta be Ruutu. He sure knew to piss off everyone! I used to laugh at how flustered the Flamers would get.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2469
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/5/2006 12:10:22 PM
^ Look at the bright side. They can't possibly get any worse than they were last year.

I can't tell you how glad I was to see him leave until I realized he'll now be playing in the same conference as my other favorite team Philly. I just can't win.

Yup, he's the kinda guy you absolutely hate...unless if he's on your team. Man, can he ever be effective in drawing penalties and he's a surprisingly good fighter. He should make life a living hell out there on the east coast. The Flyers will be seeing a lot of him so just hope that they can keep their composure cuz you know Ruutu will be all over them. He's pretty much an Esa Tikkanen in terms of being a super pest - minus the clutch scoring.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2473
Hockey Anyone?????
Posted: 7/5/2006 1:22:57 PM
Nonis trades Cloutier to LA!! What a bunch of suckers!! In return, it is rumoured that the Nucks get a 2007 second-round pick and a conditional pick in the '09 entry draft. Gotta hand it to Nonis...he really fleeced the Kings organization on this deal. Anyhow, it was a salary dump so they could go after other players.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2487
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/7/2006 6:38:29 PM

i still can't belive how many moves the flames have made already, looks like sutter knows what he wanted and got it
Yes, both Sutter in Cowtown and Nonis in Vancouver are copying the formula of the teams that went deep in the playoffs. Teams like the Oilers, the Canes, and the Sabres which were perfectly designed for the new NHL. The Flames can no longer have a bunch of plumbers clutching and grabbing their way to the final. They need the perfect balance of goaltending, defence and offence (which was non-existent this year ).
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2490
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/7/2006 11:50:16 PM
No buddy, you really need to give your head a really good shake...to the point it falls off. First of all, you obviously didn't read my post properly since you are talking about the current situation with the Oilers rather than the successful team that went to Game 7. Everyone around the league has been talking about remodelling their teams based on the teams that went deep. Even Nonis came out and said it the other day, along with many other GM's and sports analysts - the Oilers/Sabers/Canes of the 2006 playoffs are the model for playoff teams. Why? Because there were a lot of similarities between the remaining teams that went to the conference and stanley cup games. In the new NHL, certain things work (speedy forwards, mobile defencemen, great goaltending; offensive depth, etc) and certain things don't (like lumbering, large defencemen in Philly - the Darian Hatchers of the world). Calgary obviously realized their deficiencies pretty quick as they were dealt an early exit. One of the knocks against Calgary has been their impotent offence and it came back to bite them on the a***. They had a lot of buzz, but no sting. The addition of Tanguay has been the first step to address that problem.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2495
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/10/2006 2:06:02 AM
Hahhaahah!! I love it!!! Smack getting it from Oiler AND Flames fans. Pretty sad smack when even your own laugh at your statements.
 Big_Green_Guy
Msg: 2506
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/11/2006 5:05:52 PM
Ego clashing is interesting? Only in Detroit...
And out of that three team trade, I firmly believe San Jose won.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2510
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/11/2006 7:24:45 PM

Making Calgary fans question what was wrong with their team

Nope. They'll still be towing the "In Sutter We Trust" mantra and calling the Oiler run "flukey". You know, they ain't that bright down in Cowtown.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 2512
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/12/2006 12:38:26 AM
calgary's run to the finals was lucky, yet the oilers were a skilled and great team on there run?

That's the difference between you and me because you'll never find such an idiotic statement coming from my lips. In fact, I have acknowledged that the Flames made it to the finals because of Kipper (the number 1 reason), hard work, and clutching-n-grabbing. It worked back then but it doesn't work in the new NHL where skill, speed and talent wins out...hence this years outcome.

flames beat teams 3,1 and 2 in the west to go to the finals. 2004. missing players in all games but 2 that season and playoffs.
oilers beat teams 1,5 and 6 in the west to go to the finals. 2006. rolo gets hurt game 1, but rebound with jussi who played great throughout the rest of the series

1) Let's see, you barely beat a Canucks squad that lost a key component of their "big line" (Big Bert) - a soft victory. The Oilers would have done it in 5 or 6 games.
2) Detroit in 2005/2006 had 124 points compared to 109 points in 2004/2004
3) San Jose was a much better team this year then they were in '04. Thornton had the most assists and points in the league while Cheechoo had the most goals in the league.
4) The Sharks also had one of the best records in the 2nd half of the season leading up to the playoffs - a stat waaaaaay more important in determining playoff success than stats skewed by teams which built up heavy leads during the 1st half. The same can be said of the Ducks this year.
5) Most importantly, we beat the team (Ducks) that beat the Flames. And we did it in 5 games!!! That's the next best thing to beating the Flames directly!!

edit: This just in: Sutter steps down from coaching duties to be just the GM of the Flames. What do you think of that, smackboy?
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >