Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 2709
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 21 of 310    (7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47)
Clutch and grab should be outlawed.

Then the Flames would have never made it past the first round in 2004

What ya call how the oilers play?

1) Superior offence: speed, grit & talent.
2) Depth: Three lines that can play both ends of the ice.
3) Goaltending: timely saves by Roloson and a seemingly reliable Jussi to back him up.

Flyers lost again.. LOL... Think Clarke will get the can tied to him finally??? I Think he has over stayed his welcome.....

Your thoughts???

Hitchcock must know what's coming. I'll bet he's already living out of a suitcase, just in case. Clarke needs to be stuffed and mounted in the Hockey Hall of Fame, so future generations can see a moronic example of extinction. And Hatcher...oh man!! Again... he looked so pathetic out there tonight. I think it's time to rip apart the team and build for the future. Call it my 'scorched earth policy' for the Flyers.

Just watching the 2nd period of the Wings/Sharks game and it looks like the Wings are getting their as5es handed to them again.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2710
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/19/2006 8:37:09 PM
Your thoughts are perfect, but I am not sure Snider would fire Hitch when he just re-signed him before the season started.. But let's face it, there is nothing about this team from the GM down that says... NEW NHL!!!!! Cleaning house isn't such a bad thing... Sather finally did it in New York with pretty good results... Well last season anyways..... LOL
 musicnut46
Msg: 2711
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/19/2006 8:46:11 PM
Now if only only philly could get thier guys back from Carolina.Again...where's the Cup?And the Oilers would get kicked-out of the League.
 tick tock
Msg: 2712
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/19/2006 8:46:29 PM

Your thoughts are perfect, but I am not sure Snider would fire Hitch when he just re-signed him before the season started.. But let's face it, there is nothing about this team from the GM down that says... NEW NHL!!!!! Cleaning house isn't such a bad thing... Sather finally did it in New York with pretty good results... Well last season anyways..... LOL

True enough. The turnaround for the Rangers last year was completely unexpected! Just when you thought they might do some damage, those filthy Devils killed them in the playoffs. Very frustrating to watch them dismantle the Rangers so easily in the playoffs.

If the Flyers tear apart their team, they'll be able to acquire a lot of talented young players/ prospects/future considerations in return. I guess they'll have to find teams with an abundance of forwards or defencemen that are looking to fill a gap (ex. Oilers).
 musicnut46
Msg: 2713
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/19/2006 8:47:02 PM
Now if only only philly could get thier guys back from Carolina.Again...where's the Cup?And the Oilers would get kicked-out of the League.
 tick tock
Msg: 2714
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/19/2006 8:49:14 PM

Now if only only philly could get thier guys back from Carolina.Again...where's the Cup?

Not too far away from where it was in 2004
 Cory_
Msg: 2715
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/19/2006 9:14:41 PM
Holy cow so much has happend in the hockey world since l was last here with teams like Chicago up near the top and my beloved sens playing like the leafs of last year l feal like l'm in the twilight zone. My pick for early stanley cup winner is Buffalo there are hands down the fastest in the leage and with great netminding to boot and the scoring title goe's to Havlat barring injuries thanks for that Muckler you moron!!!!!! Nice to see most of the people still here from last year hope to put my 2 cents in more often ciao for now
 tick tock
Msg: 2717
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/20/2006 1:10:16 AM
i fthe flames style is not suited for the new nhl, how did they win the northwest last year?

Because no one gives the effort the Flames do to win during the regular season. They bring it out during the playoffs. Once the effort is matched, look what happens to the Flames.

the oilers have no players in the class of iggy, kipper, phaneuf, reggie or tangauy, more star players a deeper defence roster

Your kidding, right? The Oilers have been ranked in the top 3 offensive lines in the league. One or two stars up front does not a contender make (ex. the Rangers last year). It's called depth up front which the Flames do not have. BTW, did you forget about Hemsky and Sykora?

if talent wins the cup how do you think the oil have a shoot? they have offenceive talent but none on the backend or in net.

Hmmm...let's see. The Canes won the cup with a lacklustre defence, but by playing a defensive game. As for no talent "in net", I think the majority of sports pundits would disagree with you. Have you selectively forgotten last season?

briz played ok but not like he did in the first 2 rounds.

Nope. The quality of shots the Oilers dished out were greater than those of the Aves or Flames.

if the oilers style is perfect for the new nhl then why did they not win the cup?

1) Geeez...I dunno. Could it be that devastating injury to Roloson in Game 1? And the fact that a rusty Conklin gave up a freebie in the dying minutes of that game? The stunned Oilers pretty much dropped games 1 & 2 before they woke up. Let's face it, the Oilers would have won it had that never happened.

2) Also, I have said many times that the remaining 4 teams in the playoffs last year were very similar in that they were designed for the new nhl.

ohh cause the canes had a better system, and as well with the sabers.

Again, you are contradicting yourself. Using your logic, how can the Sabres have a better system than the Oilers if they lost in seven games as well?

and why are the wild ahead of the oilers in the standings? humm a defenceive team that gets some scoring

Nope, they are a hardworking team that has always had some talented forwards and they've added to their roster. And in case you haven't noticed, they are not the same boring defensive team of yesteryear. However, they will lag behind the Oilers in the end.

nucks trade scoring for better goaltending, there is many of ways to win the cup.
The Nucks won't win the cup and they'll be very lucky to make the playoffs. Heck, even the broadcasters out here are realistic about that one. They are really a one line team.

new nhl or not its still hockey. you need defence. its only the 2nd season of the new cba, no one knows yet what the best way to play is. players will learn how to not hook and hold, coaches will find ways to win. sports go through changes of styles and the teams that can shut other teams down end up lasting longer then teams having to score 5 or 6 to win.

Ironically, the Oilers used just the right combination of both to get to the finals last year. They are even more dangerous up front this year, so once the forwards play a little more defensively and get their dominance in the faceoff circle & shots blocked up to snuff, look out!

In a nutshell, there are different ways to win the cup, but they absolutely have to include a deep roster with speedy, agile & talented players in the new NHL (ex. the Sabres and the Oilers)
 musicnut46
Msg: 2718
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/20/2006 2:31:37 PM
whatever.then why the oilers allowed in the league?flat-footed,stubble-wearing,prarie-dogs.Rolie's just a siv.dangerous...as in worse.Must be nice to look-out the window and see the weather in Winnipeg.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2722
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/20/2006 9:14:15 PM
Just wish they'd fire his butt and make my day..... LOL.....
 musicnut46
Msg: 2724
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/20/2006 11:05:09 PM
sorry...I work in a junior hockey rink and no offense meant......just gotta get used to the changes.Teams like Tampa and Carolina will continue to win until "real "teams" adjust
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2728
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/21/2006 4:29:03 AM
Tonight the NY Rangers are in Toronto so the only thing I can say is

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!

I will be at the game and I hope it is better than the one I was at in Buffalo last week.......
 musicnut46
Msg: 2732
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/21/2006 11:13:35 AM
Not if they consistently pull-off what they did last night.The Sabres just have to find thier way to the final.Vancouver Will win it before florida will.How about those Leafs so far?probably more fun than fu.Anything can happen but Oilers win the cup.
 tick tock
Msg: 2733
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/21/2006 9:49:08 PM
at least tick my most least fav person i have ever not met is backing his stuff up with hockey.

Thanks...I think I do have to agree with you that we may not agree on certain things, but at least we back it up with hockey talk and not with absolute BS.

So..how do you guys think the Wings like playing outside of their division? 0-3

And what's going on with Shanny in NY? Are they spiking his Wheaties with steroids?
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2737
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/21/2006 10:41:08 PM
Shanny is on fire for my rangers.... WOW!!!!!! Can't believe the wings would let this guy go.. But thank you for doing so... A goal + the winner tonight in the shootout in Toronto....... Age hasn't slowed this guy down at all......
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2738
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/22/2006 6:35:53 AM
wOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Made my day!!!!!!! Hitchcock is fired!!!!!!! Clarke was TOLD to resign..... I am hearing now that Quinn will be named GM/Coach around 10 am EST!!!!! But the Quinn thing so far is a rumour!!!!!!!

Source???

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=181589&hubname=
 musicnut46
Msg: 2742
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/22/2006 12:22:27 PM
Lest we Forget...Does quinn not coach our olypmpic team?Watch how quickly shows-up somewhere else!!!How bout those CANUCKS?
 musicnut46
Msg: 2743
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/22/2006 12:25:47 PM
here's a thought,our federal government should put a "
duty"on non-canadians playing for american teams!!!!!!!!
 tick tock
Msg: 2746
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/22/2006 6:06:46 PM

Made my day!!!!!!! Hitchcock is fired!!!!!!! Clarke was TOLD to resign..... I am hearing now that Quinn will be named GM/Coach around 10 am EST!!!!! But the Quinn thing so far is a rumour!!!!!!!
2 out of 3...1 more to go...can you say Hatcher??
 tick tock
Msg: 2748
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/22/2006 6:23:01 PM
I guess if they didn't care about their career and only wanted to make a buck...hmmm...probably not! Although, isn't Keenan available? He'll make Hitchcock look like Mother Teresa

edit: I forgot to add Rathje to the list. I feel sorry for him because his lack of mobility is injury-related and he likely won't return to his former glory, but team speed or lack thereof is of primary concern right now.
 musicnut46
Msg: 2749
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/22/2006 7:36:21 PM
And Hitckook just might wind-up back in Dallas or even in Carolina.And Quinn is actually in Vancouver(not working,yet though),but remember where the olympic's are in three years.
 tick tock
Msg: 2752
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/24/2006 12:26:37 AM

i'm here for the hockey and for the fun on going at it with fans of other teams that dissagree (tock an last year z24) and more then not i end up being right

When did this start happening? I'm still waiting for you be right even once!

whats everyone think stanley cup finals northwest vs southeast again? lol

I'm thinking it will be northwest (even though the pacific looks dangerous) vs. northeast (*cough* Buffalo *cough*)

go nucks go only team really left and i win some $$$$$$$$$$$

There goes the money
 musicnut46
Msg: 2754
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/25/2006 12:03:43 PM
Rememer...coyotes are just smart-assed scavengers.The Devils without niedamyer Go Senators go...if only tucker would join them Dallas is courting Hichcock......again Buffalo is technically new york so...sick DX on 'em
 musicnut46
Msg: 2757
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/25/2006 3:42:21 PM
I don't think so.Other way around.I say 2-0 ducks.
 musicnut46
Msg: 2766
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/26/2006 12:57:15 PM
GO CANUCKS GO.Gotta Like those Ducks too.NA NA Na Na Na Na Hey Goodbye.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >