Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2773
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 22 of 310    (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48)
Well the Rangers sure are missing Sykora...... Oiler fans are lucky to have him.... But than again, I feel Kevin Lowe is one of the best GM's out there and has been for some time.....
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2776
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/28/2006 11:29:15 PM
Rangers beat up on the Coyotes tonight 7-3.... WOW!!!! Now the question is, does Wayne fire himself??? He's never failed at anything before.... I realize this is only 10 games in... What does Wayne do??? Hire a real coach or try and work through this???
 musicnut46
Msg: 2777
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/29/2006 1:59:08 PM
Just a fluke spend some his millions to improve the team General managers and owners should not coach Penquins belong on ice Flyers will be absentee for this year at least .Oilers relying on players from the glory days will backfire
 musicnut46
Msg: 2779
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/29/2006 4:24:16 PM
Trust me...the cup will continue to go south till canadian teams deserve it.OOPS...I was refering to the coach and general manger.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2785
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:03:48 PM
Rangers beat the Sharks 3-1... Two huge wins against the powerhouse Ducks and Sharks on consecutive nights.... Way to go Kevin Weekes.....

Problem is, they now go home and face the Sabres on Sunday..... So much for the streak.... LOL.....
 musicnut46
Msg: 2786
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/2/2006 10:03:49 PM
Just a fluke Sutter's a good coach when it counts...remember last year?It's not going to help the oilers one bit ....kinda wish women wouldn't talk hockey
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2791
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/2/2006 11:31:00 PM
Posted by musicnut-

"kinda wish women wouldn't talk hockey"

Don't get me started on this comment.... And do not test my hockey knowledge unless you are prepared to be humiliated by all that I know of the sport......
 musicnut46
Msg: 2796
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:32:55 PM
Ottawa's just gotta get past Buffalo.Colorado...You just never know.Who's the goof?Yuppers......back to montreal.Who cares.Flat-footed.Stumble-Jumping Prairie dogs.What you...a WWE DIVA?OOPS.........he's much more important than a coach and way better at it than Kevin Lowe.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2802
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/8/2006 8:44:22 AM
According to the Fan 590 here in Toronto..... Mats Sundin has been injured and will be out 3-4 weeks..... Torn ligiment in his elbow........Bad news for the leafs......
 musicnut46
Msg: 2803
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/8/2006 3:05:32 PM
Canucks are starting to "gel",look-out Women that actually know hockey rule that's why the moderator's are there
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 2804
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/8/2006 3:42:26 PM
"Women that actually know hockey rule"

Thank You!!!!!
 musicnut46
Msg: 2809
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/10/2006 11:40:04 AM
Never count Colorado out with Sakic and Theodore Tucker and the leafs doing well just might keep him there Canuck's Ottawa and Calgary are all in the same boat,not playing as well as they can Pretty "wild" isn't it?Might be a chance for Calgary to turn things around....Yuppers......Always nice to see Edmondton records go bye bye........too bad it's not the Coyotes breaking 'em
 musicnut46
Msg: 2813
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/10/2006 9:58:02 PM
That's what happens when a team plays like they're capable of.Vancouver cannot play that well cause they're not admitedly that good.Should be the start of a dogfight to see who winds-up first in the division.minnesota's just been lucky.Maybe someday Sakic will retire.
 musicnut46
Msg: 2817
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/12/2006 1:54:59 PM
At least when they play the way they're capble of the Flames fanns at least have a team worth playing for I don't think so Calgary is a better...just live with it Maybe burn it Listen to smack......he knows what he's talking about
 tick tock
Msg: 2818
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/12/2006 5:28:08 PM
Haven't been back in a while and I see things haven't changed much. Made the trip down to Anaheim to watch the Oil play Pronger and the Ducks. It was good times except for the loss but the Ducks fans were very nice to us. I was surprised to see at least 100 Oiler fans at the game. The funniest thing is that we bought tickets for $20 USD that were right at center ice in the upper level and it included a hot dog and a drink! There were so many empty seats that we snuck right down to the glass at ice surface and were jeering Pronger.

<div class="quote">haha another record the oilers don't have any more. i hate the oilers!!!!!!

Yup, unlike the Flames, the 80's Oilers are the benchmark team whose records everyone wants to beat. By the way, Anaheim did not really do what the Oilers did because the Oil actually went 15 games without losing in regulation or overtime. Under the old rules, a loss in overtime meant you got zero points, so the Ducks streak would have ended when they lost to the Islanders in overtime after game 3. The Ducks lost 4 games in overtime during their stretch, so they really haven't done what the Oilers did. I remember the commentators saying that there should be an asterisk beside the record to indicate this fact.

<div class="quote">after the ducks go 16 games with out a reg loss ....kipper shuts down the ducks, flames win 3-0. see what a great defenceive team can do now?

Wrong again. Kipper stole that game from the Ducks as it was like a shooting gallery out there. "Defensive team", my ass!
 musicnut46
Msg: 2820
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/13/2006 12:12:43 AM
and under the new rules the oils will never be like that again Welcome to the new nhlNo new will ever do what those oilers did but look who won and what the Flames did saturday to vancouver:They're playing like they can now:nah nah nah nah nah nah:hey goodbye exactly,whose got more guys that can put the puck in the net the ducks may have set a record,but it could go-on to mean diddly
 musicnut46
Msg: 2822
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/13/2006 7:25:04 PM
so do a lot of teams...and iggy and a few of thier other players too......and Calgary might wish they had a Niedameyer or a Pronger or a better back-up goalie too........dream........dream..........dream..............dream.............dream
 Avalon96
Msg: 2823
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/15/2006 8:59:46 PM
lots of time yet, no need to live and die every game of the season, trading deadline will approach and someone will pull off a few deals like Carolina did last year, and steal the cup away from the teams that thought they could do it with what they had.
 tick tock
Msg: 2825
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/16/2006 10:00:15 AM
look at the scoring chances tock, the flames and ducks were close to even. did you wacth the game tick? i'm guessing no.

Yup, I did watch the game and I saw the Ducks outshoot the Flames by a 2 to 1 margin. I know that outshooting another team doesn't necessarily translate into scoring chances, but these are the Anaheim Ducks and I saw plenty of quality chances. The Flames defence had very little to do with the outcome...it was Kipper standing on his head! The first mistake the Ducks made was not taking the Flames seriously (can you blame them though with that dreadful record?) and playing Bryzgalov (2 goals on 3 shots!!) instead of Giguere (0 goals on 14 shots).

edit: what's with the Ducks losing to the worst teams in the NHL??! First they lose to Calgary and then Philly???? I think we found their one inconsistency: goaltending. Let's see, Bryzgalov let in 2 goals on 5 shots and Giguere let in 5 goals on 11 shots.

the record the ducks set is 16 games without a loss in regulation!

Wrong! It is actually the record for a consecutive points streak from the begining of a season. The 'undefeated in regular time' is just another byproduct of this streak, but not the streak that they are referring to. I can provide you with several articles about this if you still doubt it. They were defeated several times in overtime during their stretch, so they did not in fact duplicate the undefeated streak of the Oilers.

and under the new rules the oils will never be like that again Welcome to the new nhlNo new will ever do what those oilers did

You should learn a thing or two about hockey before you post in these forums, musicnut. The new NHL is precisely the reason the Oilers went to the finals last year. By the way, working at a hockey rink isn't doing much for your hockey knowledge.
 musicnut46
Msg: 2826
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/16/2006 1:43:51 PM
Must be A canuck fan Yes and no...It's precisely the reason the oilers did what they did but even more so why the Cup's in Carolina Living in caknucklehead land does nothing for hockey knowledge either And no team probably ever will beat the oilers recordThe Flames are Back
 musicnut46
Msg: 2830
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/17/2006 11:49:52 AM
"dynasty" just not going to happen againYou know whose gonna win the cup when the Final series is over Don't see les frogs winning any more cups do ya?What the Oilers did was so cool but is history...the old Northlands Colesieum ranks right-up there with "heaven" The modern oilers will never even win a cup:bunch of goons The record is "toast" Go Flames Go:In smack we trust
 tick tock
Msg: 2835
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/18/2006 6:03:24 PM
Must be A canuck fan Yes and no..

Nope. An Oilers fan. I guess it wasn't obvious enough for you.

.It's precisely the reason the oilers did what they did but even more so why the Cup's in Carolina

I guess you forgot about that minor incident where Roloson got knocked out. The truth be told, that series could have gone either way and the fact that the Oilers dropped a game or two didn't leave any margin for error. Don't worry musicnut, we'll educate you.

your saying that there will never be another dynasty in the nhl ever? the oil did ok but compaired to the habs it isn't that great

Haha! What the Oilers did was amazing! Can you imagine if we could have kept that team intact the way the Habs were able to do back in the day. The experts have said many a time that the 84 Oilers could have won 10 or more cups.

so stop crying and complaining about the flames wouldn't win this or that if they didn;t have kipper

No one is crying except for you. Just pointing out the truth that Kipper is winning more games than any other member of the Flames, so when you say "defensive teams", I call BS. Anyhow, you have your mentor, musicnut, to back you up. Sounds like he has a man crush on you.

i want you to check back to when the oilers set the record, and tell me the nhl's rules for a tied game at the end of 60min. do that and you will see that the ducks did break the record.

Yup...if no team scored in overtime, then each team was awarded a point; however, if one team scored, then that team was awarded both points and the losing team was awarded zero points...unlike today's game, where 3 points are given. Therefore, if Anaheim was playing under the old rules, their streak would have ended early in the season when they lost in overtime (ps. they lost 4 times in overtime during that streak). Is that clear enough for you yet?

By the way, should be an "interesting" game tonight. Seeing as it's the Blues in town, with any NORMAL team, it would pretty well be "guaranteed win night"; but, as it's our beloved Canucks, we know very well that anything can happen, especially as the Blues had the 'nucks number all of last season!

I was pretty pissed off that I had to miss the game because of a birthday I had to go to. Did you PPV it? I'm glad the Nucks won, but I know what you mean about those Blues. They are one of those darkhorse teams that everyone underestimates and then they feed you loss when you need it the least.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >