Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 musicnut46
Msg: 3139
Hockey anyone?Page 28 of 310    (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54)
Yo tock...If the Oilers come -up against the Ducks this year.....you know how to spell"sweep".Where's our knowledgeable hockeys gals?As l,ong as "lucky" teams keep advacing in the Play-offs,the Cup shall will continue to go places like Tampa and Carolina.The Flames are the best team in the division,just live with it.Anahiem and Calgary would be a great series again this year.Kenaan never belonged in Vancouver,he got his Cup in New York,I do believe.He's a Big Market Hockey guy.Hopefully the Cnucks make the play-offs and if thy do,you just never know,do ya?I've said it before,anyone can win the cup,some teams are perrenial "contenders".
 tick tock
Msg: 3140
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/9/2007 12:00:10 PM

Yo tock...If the Oilers come -up against the Ducks this year.....you know how to spell"sweep".

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of people thought that would happen when the Oil faced Detroit and then San Jose and then Anaheim in the '06 playoffs. You just never know where the right combination of talent, hard work, and dedication comes in, do ya?

As l,ong as "lucky" teams keep advacing in the Play-offs,the Cup shall will continue to go places like Tampa and Carolina

I know you are blinded by your hatred of the Oilers, but are you now saying the Flames were a "lucky" team as well? I guess outworking opponents and Kippers heroics had nothing to do with it, eh?

The Flames are the best team in the division,just live with it

Many Flames fans would tell you otherwise. At this point in the season, it is hard to tell which team is the best. All the teams in the NW have been streaky - going on lengthy losing streaks and then on winning streaks. Each team is missing something.

Kenaan never belonged in Vancouver,he got his Cup in New York,I do believe.He's a Big Market Hockey guy.

Wrong again. Hiring Keenan is like taking poison to cure cancer. He may work temporarily, but then the whole body dies. Seriously dude, in case you haven't noticed, teams only respond to Keenan's sadistic coaching style for a max of 1-2 years.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3142
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/9/2007 7:18:20 PM
Give your head a shake.Sharks got no teeth.Detroit's detriot.Anahiem's got way more talent now.Hard work and dedication yes,Talent,oilers,I think not.Flames just need to Gel at the right time,no luck needed there.But look ,now even Anahiems slipping.The Flames do have more talent but:"Life is a Highway"You are right about Keenan.Hopefully he retires and goes away permanently.Some coaches don't belong in the New N.H.L.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3146
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/10/2007 1:33:35 PM
Maybe just maybe they'll pull a Tampa this year then.Just look at what's happened in Columbus.It could happen anywhere.The coaches have to be able to coach the players the way they need to be coached.Why you think the europeans tend to "adjust" quicker.Case in point could be Pronger in Anahiem.The era of the Sydney Crosbys.
 tick tock
Msg: 3149
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/11/2007 6:03:06 AM
Maybe just maybe they'll pull a Tampa this year then

Pull a Tampa?? Tampa lead the league the year they won the cup...it was no fluke!

Case in point could be Pronger in Anahiem.The era of the Sydney Crosbys

Look at Anaheim without Pronger in the lineup. I have been critical of their play all year long in the sense that they were winning without effort most of the time. Look what happens when you lose one of the key acquisitions for an extended period. I think the Ducks got used to winning on talent alone and without hard work.

It really has nothing to do with the coaches. It's the players that need to adjust to the new NHL. The Rob Ray's and Ty Domi's of the NHL are needed no more. Skill/speed is what makes the NHL today. That is why you see teams like the Sabres and Ducks excel and why you see teams from the "old" NHL (like the Flyers) fall flat on their faces. It doesn't matter what coach you brought in, if he doesn't have players to adjust to the new style of the NHL, then he's screwed

Nowhere was that more evident than in the Sabres/Flyers series of last year. What an as5whooping of epic proportions. Almost felt sorry for the Flyers, but I knew it had to be done to get a crusty relic like Bobby Clarke out of there. Thing I love about the Sabres is that not only are they fast and very skilled, but they are as physical as any team out there. Would loved to have seen an Oilers/Sabres finals, but it was not meant to be.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3150
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/11/2007 9:01:48 PM
No it wasn't be kinda funny if they did though,being as that means the Cup as mentioned previously will keep going where it's going,too bad it would be a slkap in Vancouver's face though,maybe even get thier management fired.Point taken,tock.Some teams just got the talent,but less talent and more work ethic will always get you further.KInd of like Philly was when they were "contenders".Maybe just maybe,this year,or how about an Anahiem or Flames v.s Sabres Final.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3152
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/12/2007 4:37:03 AM
That is one thing Ruff does well..... He's the whiniest (is that a word, LOL) coach in the NHL..... Doesn't surprise me he would say this at all....... Not only do players get paid alot of money to play back to back, so do coaches......
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3155
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/13/2007 2:07:36 PM
Just finished watching the rangers beat the bruins...... Biggest shock during the game was Jed Ortmeyer getting a penalty shot and burying the puck..... Coming back from such a serious illness this was the icing on the cake.......Rangers 3 Bruins 1....

Nice surprise seeing Yanic Perrault make the all star team in the west.... Not thrilled Jagr didn't make it, but at least Shanahan did......
 tick tock
Msg: 3160
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/13/2007 5:59:02 PM
^ HEY!! What's wrong with me??!

Watched the Oiler game yesterday and man oh man did they have a sh1tload of glorious chances, but just couldn't bury them. They had at least 3 glorius shorthanded chances, including breakaways. The thing I noticed is that they just weren't doing the little extra to make sure it does go by the goaltender. They outworked and outskated the Wild for most of the game, but they took a lot of undisciplined penalties and couldn't finish on their chances.

Smack, I hope the Oilers win tonight. By the way, did you see the piece that Don Cherry did a couple of days ago on Phaneuf and Giordano looking like a couple of thugs because they showed up at the games in casual clothing and with toques. Well, they followed that up today on Coach's Corner and showed both players showing up today in suits. Kinda thought it was a bit anal on Cherry's part but I can also see his point.
 tick tock
Msg: 3163
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/13/2007 6:20:13 PM
That's pretty fair. I like the clean look that the NHL has...makes the NFL and NBA hoodlums look like crap. Looks like the Nucks are taking it to the Leafs...with the help of the refs.
 puck_stopper
Msg: 3168
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/13/2007 7:22:42 PM
way to go vancouver.....luongo kept them in the game through a bad first period (outshot 14-3) and nice to see nazzy score again

go canucks go!!!!!
 musicnut46
Msg: 3175
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/13/2007 10:27:42 PM
CANUCKS.How much you willing to bet?Better than Rolly the goof any day.Flames Rule Oilers any day.Nazzy's back.Now do it to Ottawa or even Buffalo.Trade N.h.l refs for European refs.Our Junoirs here alwaysear suits when in attendance but not playing. The Wild are very Apltly named.They were just the Oilers.Cherry for Prime Minister.The Battle Of Alberta is fun.The Oil gets ignited and doused all in one night.
 Avalon96
Msg: 3176
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/14/2007 1:49:57 AM

Maple Leafs, 12th home game loss this season,
they only lost 12 at home all of last season.
Pat Quinn must enjoy this.
 tick tock
Msg: 3177
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/14/2007 4:12:27 AM
Well, another Oiler loss. My god, is this season eerily similar to last year or what?! Heck, we may even have to wait until the last week to see which team clinches the 8th spot again.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3178
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/14/2007 2:08:09 PM
The Maple-laffs return.Quinn's got his own problems.Just watched the Oilers win thier first cup in 1984"Thanks For the memories".An era ends,one begins and now it's a while new one when you just never know.They ended the Islander's dynasty,started thier own and then came the new century. Kinde of funny,it showed that Talent and work ethic could beat out just work ethic even back then.I hated those Islanders.So cool they done nothing since then.Edmondton could,just need more talent.Personaly,I like not knowing who might go all the way.
 tick tock
Msg: 3179
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/14/2007 4:12:32 PM

Kinde of funny,it showed that Talent and work ethic could beat out just work ethic even back then.I hated those Islanders.

More often than not, Edmonton won on talent alone.
 puck_stopper
Msg: 3180
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/18/2007 8:34:22 PM
way to go vancouver....nice 2-1 win over ottawa tonite...and outshot again bigtime...luongo held them in again....now buffalo tomorrow nite...we're 3 for 3 on the current roadtrip....
 musicnut46
Msg: 3181
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/18/2007 9:05:33 PM
How about those Canucks?At least they win on the road.Quality shots.A Stanley Cup Final review?It used to a combination of Talent and Work ethic for the Oilers.No too Talent and/or too little work ethic.Say it again,look where the Cup Does go.Ottawa's gotta address that goal-tending situation.Kinda funny ,Anahiem don't have that problem.Flames see Stars.Canucks beat Laffs.
 tick tock
Msg: 3183
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/19/2007 9:14:17 AM
Nucks get outshot 14-0 in the third period and still pull off the win! Luongo is looking pretty solid.

Awesome win for the Oilers. Smyth just powerhoused his way through Teemu on the third goal and on the last goal, a beautiful pass from Horcoff through the legs of a Ducks player for Smitty.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3186
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/19/2007 11:40:16 PM
Burnt Ducks and flukey Oilers.They'll beat Team Roli anytime they feel like it.What about Time Louongo?Raycroft might just get tired of being booied.GO CANUCKS GO.Luongo for Premier.Even a team in WhineyPeg would be better than one in Edmondton.At least you'll have a real team there next year,albeit a junior team.
 tick tock
Msg: 3190
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/22/2007 2:40:13 AM
^ Could you imagine? Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Staal...yikes!!
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3191
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/22/2007 4:44:00 AM
Problem is under the cap, eventually the Pens won't be able to keep Crosby, Malkin and Staal... Once they are over their rookie contracts, that is it.....I guess you could add MA Fleury to the list also..... The money they will command will send some of them packing.... Hopefully in the rangers direction..... LOL
 tick tock
Msg: 3193
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/22/2007 5:38:12 AM
Sindy?? It's Cindy with a 'C', DAMMIT!!!!

PS. Sidney Crosby on the Habs? not a chance...
 musicnut46
Msg: 3196
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/22/2007 3:51:15 PM
Don't say that,they'll miss the play-offs and might not be there next year,instead track from where I work, there is an outside chance the Penquins may move to Seattle or Portland,get it?The Rangers pulled-off that trick,got them the one cup.You keep forgetting,look at Recch,finally getting the chance he never got in philly,not like he don't know about winning the cup,right?How much ya wanna bet Columbus might be interested in Crosby and Recchi?Or an Anahiem or Calgary?The Battle of Alberta,good thing this isn't boxing.
 tick tock
Msg: 3198
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/22/2007 6:33:39 PM
ohh and 4-0 lol

Yup, we sucked the big one in that game...and when we did generate chances, Kipper was...well... being his usual Kipperish self

By the way, here's something for you to ponder when you think of Kipper:

Kipper (defn): 1) A kipper is a fish which has been split from tail to head, eviscerated, salted, and smoked. Typically the species is a herring or salmon but traditionally it would be any fish found in great numbers caught during its spawning period. Spawning fish are not good to eat fresh, and usually arrive in great abundance, thus they are salted and smoked to improve flavour and preservation.

2) In medieval tournaments a kipper is a person employed by a knight, usually a vassel of the knight such as a slave, serf or peasant

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >