Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3203
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 29 of 310    (15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55)
I have hated the all star game since it was in Toronto.... I just got sick of it really.... it turned into a joke way back..... I am only interested in the skills comp Tuesday night.....I also like the player introductions to see if anyone falls when they skate out onto the ice.... LOL.....
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3204
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/23/2007 9:55:59 AM
"Don't say that,they'll miss the play-offs and might not be there next year,instead track from where I work, there is an outside chance the Penquins may move to Seattle or Portland,get it?The Rangers pulled-off that trick,got them the one cup.You keep forgetting,look at Recch,finally getting the chance he never got in philly,not like he don't know about winning the cup,right?How much ya wanna bet Columbus might be interested in Crosby and Recchi?Or an Anahiem or Calgary?The Battle of Alberta,good thing this isn't boxing."

Musicnut, can you explain your post in detail please..... Not sure I understand that you are saying here.....Especially the comment about the rangers......And the Mark Recchi comment when he was in Philly..... Are you implying the rangers threatened to move like the pens and that is how they got their cup??? Recchi was GREAT in Philly so I am not understanding that comment either...... Thanks.....
 musicnut46
Msg: 3205
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/23/2007 1:39:03 PM
Sure BABE,I be talking about when all the former oilers found thier way to New York and they won that cup in 1994(or was ir 1995?).That dork of a coach and has-been of a Gm in Philly never let Recchi realize his full potential,he is now in Pittsburgh.No,I'm implying that Portland and Seattle or close to Vancouver and got 17,000 and 14,000 seat Arenas being used for Junior Hockey,they were originally buult for propestive N.H.L teams that wound-up in Anahiem and San Jose.You be most wecome.
 tick tock
Msg: 3211
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/24/2007 5:28:57 PM
Anyone else get turned on by the anthem singer at the all star game? Love the technical glitch during the American anthem...hehe

edit: wow...ryan smyth playing with the Duck line of Selanne and Macdonald...wonder how they feel about each other?
 tick tock
Msg: 3212
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/24/2007 5:49:12 PM
Way to go, Smitty! Decoy on the goal by Selanne. Hope he pots a few goals tonight.
 tick tock
Msg: 3214
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/24/2007 7:07:19 PM
There was a technical glitch while those two country chicks were singing the national anthem and it created a tinny robotic voice for a few seconds. I heard the chick that sang the canadian anthem also tripped on her way off the ice.

Yup, the new uniforms do look rather euro...but the water trick that Bettman did was kind of neat. I can almost hear the lisp of the sales assistant as he tells me how it will accentuate my body with a tapered fit.
 tick tock
Msg: 3217
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/24/2007 10:05:43 PM
Yup, it was nice that the good guys won. By the way, love Ovechkin, but he kinda looks like a retarded mule boy or stablehand.
 rory27
Msg: 3218
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/24/2007 10:43:10 PM
^^

"Well, Golllllll -lee! Just load me up them greenbacks on the wheelbarrow, Clem, and I'll stash it under the mattress till the gin still's back up an' runnin'."'

edit: I missed the game. As long as Luongo didn't get hurt, that's all that matters.
 tick tock
Msg: 3221
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/25/2007 11:18:43 AM

"Well, Golllllll -lee! Just load me up them greenbacks on the wheelbarrow, Clem, and I'll stash it under the mattress till the gin still's back up an' runnin'."'

Hey Rory, really nice to see that you're still around these parts. Are you keeping everyone on their toes still?
 tick tock
Msg: 3225
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2007 12:18:23 AM
I wouldn't make that trade! You guys are pulling my leg, right? RIGHT??
 fozzybear6
Msg: 3232
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2007 7:04:13 PM
i'll have to say the canucks should win this game if the team before the allstar game shows up even tho kessler isnt playing
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3234
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/27/2007 7:31:40 PM
It was awesome seeing Brodeur lit up for 6 goals at the all star game.... LOL.......Sid the kid not getting a single point.......

AO and Crosby giving Shanny a b-day cake Tuesday for his 38th and using a blow torch to light it..... Hilarious.....

Rangers beat the now winless in 9 Flyers again today.......
 tick tock
Msg: 3236
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/28/2007 4:08:28 PM
Anyone watch the Wings/Avs game today? Holy cow, the Wings deflected a puck into the net in a 1-0 game, but the stick was above the crossbar...and after a lengthy delay to review it, they ruled it a goal - to the surprise of everyone - to make it 2-0. The Avs coach was livid...can't say I blame him.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3241
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:19:41 PM
Rangers have now won 2 straight.... 6-1 tonight over the Bruins.... AWESOME!!!! Shanny on a penalty shot.....Up Wednesday.... Leafs are at MSG to take on the Rangers.... Not going to even dare predict anything after that 9-2 loss.... LOL

Peter Forsberg has waived his no trade clause to get out of hell.. Sorry, I mean Philly..... LOL.... Like it would be any surprise he'd want out..... Can't imagine any team giving up much to get him with his being injured all the time...As long as he doesn't go to the rangers, I am happy for him......
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3243
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/30/2007 12:07:59 AM
OOoOOps, just found out Forsberg did NOT waive his no trade clause as had been earlier reported...... Sorry for the misinformation.....
 tick tock
Msg: 3244
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/30/2007 9:07:41 AM
I was wondering how long it would take for smack (and the lovely hockey gal) to come out of retirement after the Conroy trade was announced. Nice to see that you guys are still around. The guys on the sports radio seem to think the Flames acquired him to play with Iggy. Are you sure he's gonna be playing on the 3rd or 4th line?
 tick tock
Msg: 3247
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/30/2007 9:50:27 AM
Sportsnet.ca -- With Calgary and Edmonton looking to bolster their lineup for a final playoff push, both teams are examining the possibility of prying Darcy Tucker away from the Toronto Maple Leafs.

According to the Toronto Star, both the Flames and Oilers are interested in the feisty winger, who has been out of the lineup since Boxing Day with an injury to his left foot. Still, according to the paper, Edmonton and Calgary are in "tire-kicking" mode with Tucker, who has also been linked to Dallas and San Jose.

I'd still take him...but it's kinda like sleeping with a serial killer cuz she's hot. I'd need a long shower to feel clean again.

edit: why do you think the Flames need another Dman? You guys are pretty deep defensively.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3248
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/30/2007 1:34:29 PM
Tucker in Calgary?Just give them the Cup. Remember Forsberg be Europe-bound in a couple of years. Tucker would go to Dallas if Hitchcock was still there.Maybe he'll wind-up in Columbus. Anahiem's another possibilty too.I don't think he would be dumb enough to go to Edmondton,though granted,they play his style.Would be a reason to cheer for you,if and when the Canucks aren't worth cheering for.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3249
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/30/2007 2:04:20 PM
I think Tucker stays in Toronto IMO.... JFJackass's job depends on them making the playoffs and unless they get something awesome in return and make the playoffs, I see Tucker staying put.......
 tick tock
Msg: 3255
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/31/2007 6:54:32 PM
No offence, smack, but most of those teams were obvious top 8 picks. Good job, though.
 tick tock
Msg: 3260
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/2/2007 9:12:50 AM
^ carefull what you wish for...think this Nucks team may be able to take the Flames down.
 tick tock
Msg: 3262
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/2/2007 9:26:25 AM
Honestly, I think the Flames would take down the Star more easily than the Nucks. Nucks are a very, very hardworking team this year and not many are matching their work ethic. I think I posted earlier in the year that Dave Nonis said at the beginning of the season that he wanted to emulate the teams that went deep in the playoffs last year, so he studied them. In particular, he said he wanted to follow the pattern of the Oilers so he made sure he acquired a great goalie, then trained his forwards to play a two way game which included clogging passing lanes and shooting lanes, a heavy cycle on a tenacious forecheck, blocking shots, winning faceoffs, etc, etc... Also, he also mentioned he liked how the Oil were extremely aggressive on the PK, so it's no wonder they are ranked 1 & 2 in penalty killing this year.
 tick tock
Msg: 3264
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/2/2007 10:43:56 AM
True enough. Although, the Nucks seem to be getting goals from the people you wouldn't expect it from in the last 15 or so games. I don't think that is a trend that will continue and until their best players step up, they won't go very deep in the playoffs. It will be interesting to see a Luongo/Kipper duel...this time there won't be a Cloutier to give away any freebies. As far as the Preds are concerned, they are a scary team. That's why I like facing the Stars cuz Turco can be beaten and I'm not convinced that they're the real deal. If the Oil made the playoffs, I'd love to face the Stars first, then whoever comes our way. The Flames haven't seemed to play as hard or as consistently as they did in '04, so that is one area of improvement they need to address ASAP.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3265
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/2/2007 12:16:09 PM
The Canucks are very similiar to the Oil last year. That series would be so cool. The"C" word. Predators are like Sharks. You mighgt see "Stars" too though. Stars are like the Laffs. The Fames are always a "legitimate contender" but "shit happens". If the Canucks worked hard and/or got a little luck they just might do what the Oil did last year. Don't think they would get past the Ducks though.Ducks oare the only team in the conference with a reliable back-upo goalie at this time.Canucks/Pittsburgh Final,more likely Ducks/Pittsburgh.
 tick tock
Msg: 3266
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/2/2007 12:23:22 PM
^ More like Sabres/Ducks final.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >