Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 livewirehere
Msg: 302
Hockey anyone?Page 3 of 310    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Dang lady_bugg, I'm glad you already had a thread on here about hockey, so I don't have to start one .. I just met a guy who plays for Quebec, and in the past few years has played for a team in Sweden (also played for Fresno).... I'm a really non-violent person, yet I love hockey.... Go San Jose Sharks.....
 globalmike
Msg: 308
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 12:09:00 AM
It was a good game (Canucks). A lot more hussle out of the Canucks since we got beat 6-0 in Minny, so naturally I was pretty pleased.

I'm going to the game on Thursday against Pheonix, and I cannot wait.

We're off to a good start, which is what we need in a division like the Northwest!!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 309
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 2:05:41 AM
on second thought...nah...i am a 'one-team-woman' ...and my loyalties cannot be shared...(and isn't that kinda like adultry or something anyway?)... ;)

Yup, I prefer to think of it as having a lot of love to go around...I just have a big heart (btw, never try using that line on a woman!)

Gotta love the fact that one of my teams beat those silly Stars!
 globalmike
Msg: 312
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 8:13:51 AM
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly: the shootout is a garbage way of ending a game.

But more offense = more of those below the 49th parallel watching the game.
 shimiegrl
Msg: 317
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 3:20:40 PM
oh i love hockey!! and the shootouts are so exciting!!!!! just so ya'll know i'm from new york and i'm a Ottawa Senators fan
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 319
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 4:58:46 PM
Well, good to see the Canucks are looking so good early. They have the best first line in hockey, and now it looks like they may have the best third line too. The Sedins are looking good with Anson Carter. They're not over using Cloutier so he should be healthy and ready to go come April. Back on the bandwagon (till they go into a slump anyway).
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 321
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 6:35:35 PM
ANYONE but the Oilers. You guys had the greatest hockey team ever assembled - that's plenty for your lifetime or mine. May you suffer with mediocrity like the rest of us have had to do.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 323
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 9:55:21 PM

but yeah...its ok i guess....hey...a thought...!...whatever are you going to do when your two teams meet up on the ice...?!!....have to make a decision...who will have your loyalty huh?...go with your heart tick...and may the best team win....!.....(not only that game...but the Cup too!)....

Don't forget I am a true blue Edmontonian at heart and will follow the ABC rule (Anybody But Calgary) till the day I come to pass. The day I ultimately dread is when Edmonton and Vancouver meet up in the playoffs because it will be a bittersweet victory...but my heart still says..."GO OILERS GO!!!!!"...and it always will!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 325
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2005 10:24:52 PM
^ so...I shouldn't adjust my computer screen???

Ladybugg, you are one funny lil' bug...I think you and I will have reason to celebrate come June. I think these new rules help teams like the Oil a lot!
 globalmike
Msg: 335
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 1:37:29 AM
Last week's results:

Hockey Pool #1
8 wins
0 losses
2 ties.

Categories counted are:
[Skaters] Goals, Assists, Points, Plus/Minus, PPP
[Goalies] Wins, Losses, GAA, Save %, Shutouts

Hockey Pool #2
9 wins
1 loss
1 tie

Categories counted are:
[Skaters] Goals, Assists, Points, Plus/Minus, PPP, GWG, Shooting %
[Goalies] Wins, Losses, GAA, Save %, Shutouts
 globalmike
Msg: 336
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 1:38:58 AM

best senario: Coyotes extinguish the flames tonight....and Edmonton sends them home howling with ire tommorow night...!....

keep watching folks...my predictions have been right on the money so far....!!!!!

Prediction for their game against the Canucks on Thursday? I have tickets so I'll tell you first hand how things went when I get back from the game that night.

-insert jealousy here-
 globalmike
Msg: 337
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 1:48:55 AM

Ouch on the 49th parallel thing

Sorry - it wasn't meant as an insult, but it's no secret that the interest in hockey down in the USA is no where near the level it is here in Canada. So, we'll watch the game no matter what, and even though there are those of you like us in the US, it's just that you're a minority. To increase numbers it needed a jump start: more offense and action.

There are a few of the new rules I DO like though. I've been waiting for them to get rid of the red line for AGES. It's accepted in international play so you know it had to be one of the least riskiest changes they could've made and it's proved that it adds offense. Smaller goalie equipement is something else that should've been done a while back as well. If someone like Giguere is taking the Ducks to the finals one year, you have to know something is up.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 341
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 9:00:42 AM
I missed hockey very much that's for sure. Good thing that I'm also a player so it help in that department. A few notes on what I've read so far.

Battle of Ontario... welll Ottawa's already up 2-0 in that battle

Edmonton and the new additions - If they make the playoffs, it will be a tight squeeze

Tampa Bay - No chance to see them back in the finals. Sean Burke and John Grahame are no Nikolai Khabibulin

Calgary - They won't repeat their Stanley cup run of 2003-2004. They played way over their heads

Ottawa - They got rid of Patrick "the chocker" Lalime and although Hasek is old, he's the man of the situation for now. Not a chocker. Emery, very big, calm and good back up. Spezza will become the player everyone's expecting. Heatley will prove doubters wrong and have is best NHL season ever... My favorite team period, but also the team I favor for the cup.. they have so much dept and talent

Montreal - They will make the playoffs and for the first time in years they will finish higher than 8th

Team to watch: Nashville Predators, already 5-0 and they have one of the most underrated team and goalie of all the NHL. Watch for Vokoun to possibly land the Vezina trophy. Their youngsters, Hartnell, Erat, Legwand, Hamhuis and Hall are gonna make their marks in that team. They will be on top of the Western Conference in the first 3 spots, possibly 1st in the conference and battling with Ottawa, Detroit amonst other teams to finish first over all.

New Rules:

Red line: Yes it does open up the game but it's not only because the red line isn't there anymore. The referees are calling everything so it prevents teams to stack up at the red or blue line and hook players trying to enter the zone at full speed. In the Swedish league and all around Europe they have been playing without a red line for a long time to no avail. Teams just stack up at the blue line and play the trap. One other big thing with the removal of the read line is that we see way less play stopage for 2 line passes. So it does speed the game alot. Same thing for tag offsides.

New dimensions: The ice surface is still the exact same lenght and width as before. Where it differs is where they have put the lines. Center ice is shorter now by a total of 4 feet altogether. Inzones (blue line to the net) are not 2 feet longer. Add to this the fact that the nets have been pushed back on or 2 feet closer to the ramp and that gives players extra room in the offensive zone.

Shootouts: It's about time... After four on four hockey, I think it's just a good choice that they chose shootouts. It's exciting as hell and is a great way to attract fans. No more stupid ties... Hockey was one of the only sports with ties along with Soccer. I still think that teams shouldn't get a point if tied after regulation time but that's another story.

The most important rule change of all is actually the strict application of the rules. We've seen many power plays but probably not as much as some people feered. Players are not free to express their talent and just fly without being held up or obstructed. That's a much needed thing for the game that we needed years ago.. but it's finally here and hopefully here to stay too!!!

Go Sens Go!!

James
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 343
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 9:19:38 AM
Spanking the Sens?

In your dreams lol...
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 345
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 9:39:19 AM
lol... I knew you would concurr... you being a Oilers fan.... Sad to say but Pronger is not enough to give Edmonton a run at the cup.. possibly not even the playoffs.. it will all depend on horcoff, Hemsky and company.. plus you have a big problem in nets with Conklin being your number one goalie... ouch!!! Just look at St-Louis... they had Tkachuk, Weight, McInnis, Pronger amongst other things and they never had much success in the playoffs.. Oilers have less then that right now so the future is not very bright....

I'll say it again lol

Go Sens Go!!!
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 348
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 10:46:26 AM
It's hard to draw a line somewhere. I didn't see Havlat's kick so I will not say if I think it was accidental or on purpose. Being a Sens fan it sucks to see him suspended however there is no place for such gestures in the game. As for past records, the league takes them into account when they review a play and use it when they finally take a decision on the disciplinary actions.

As for Lady_bug... I know many names because I'm a hockey addict lol.. I watch hockey, play hockey, am in three different hockey pools and am in 4 different simulated hockey leagues.... Yeah, I know, too much time on my hands it seems lol..

James
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 352
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 11:21:06 AM
It is sad... all that due to an eye injury that surely could have been avoided if he had used a visor..... which brings me to Sean "I'm a big tit" Avery and his comments on French players wearing Visors, running around like headless chickens, hitting everything that moves without backing up their hits... What an idiot that guy is. Can't remember who said it best, I think it's Phil Boucher in Philadelphia. He said: I wear a visor because I probably have more metal plates in my face than Avery has goals lol... Some players are just more intelligent than others and wear visors while others like Bryan Berard and Al McInnis learn the hard way losing an eye or most of their eyesight in one eye.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 354
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 11:30:30 AM
lol I'msensual... well you're right about the fact that Khabibulin isn't quite a wall this year lol but Burke won't do any better and will actually probably only get worse as the season progresses.

Now for your comments on the Sens and the fact that the Western Division is more gentle.... hmm not exactly the case, IMO anyway. Plus, they have acquired Dany Heatley who has a bit, what am I saying here, has lots more grit than a player like Hossa for example. The big problem for the Sens was in nets. When your goalie lets you down the way Lalime did in 03-04, it's hard for any team to come back. It will be a different story this time around I think.

The bolts do have some depth too that's for sure but there big guns are a bit silent so far this year... what's happening with St-Louis? We don't see him on highlight reels anymore lol... And expect some movement. They are kinda tight for cash because of the Salary cap and I think one of the big three will be traded before trade deadline to make a bit of room under the cap.
 jamesxxx71
Msg: 356
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 12:21:49 PM
you know what's funny. All the experts on tv, radio, newspapers and magazines predicted that Martin St-Louis would be the player that would talk advantage of the new rules the most... he's a let down so far lol.. happy on didn't pick him in my hockey pools. Goalies account for a big part of a team's success in the playoffs and I'm afraid the bolts don't have goalies who excel when the game is on the line. The Sens do have a proven goalie in Hasek but it remains to be seen if he will stay healthy all year. He's had a history of groin problems throughout his career.. so the bolts and sens are kinda in the same boat goalie wise except that Emery seems to be ready for the NHL now and I think he's a better backup then what the bolts have. But again, the team that everyone seems to forget about are the Predators. They will mix the cards big time this year and they could very well go all the way if Vokoun is as solid as he was in the world's...

Oh yeah, I hope too that the next meeting between the Sens and the Leafs will end up with another win for the Sens
 dud
Msg: 360
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 3:56:24 PM
but they should still go for drinks
 Tick Tock
Msg: 361
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 5:08:43 PM
Wow! Gretzky, Kurri, MacT, Coffey and Fuhr will be in the house tonight. Wonder if Mess will make a surprise visit. Wish I was there to actually go to the game. By the way, here is the official prediction:

Edmonton 3 Pheonix 2
 Tick Tock
Msg: 363
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 5:37:05 PM
^ that's a promise...I'll definitely take you when i'm in town...wish it was tonight..but only as long as you promise that you drink beer.

I actually flew to Edmonton just to see the Heritage Classic and froze my ass off in -27 degree weather with a lovely windchill factor. I remember walking up to the beer garden area and drinking warm Campbells Soup and downing gallons of beer to stay warm.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 365
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 5:51:01 PM
hehe ladybugg, which ol' haunt would that be? and why didn't a diehard Oil fan like yourself to the game?

the funny thing is that i actually lasted the entire 6 or 7 hours in that weather...as time wore on, I became accustomed to it...i think every 2 hours when i couln't feel my feet anymore, i would go and warm up in the beer gardens....the bright side is that i could buy several beers at once and never have to worry about them getting warm....i guess things could have been better had there been a warm body to suggle up to!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 367
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:06:46 PM
^ i know! other official prediction:

Canucks 4
Blackhawks 2
 Tick Tock
Msg: 369
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/18/2005 6:10:54 PM
^ a TRUE OILER FAN would have gone.....just kidding!

i regret going now, because the Oil were on a winning streak and were at or near the top of their division...they lost the game that night and went on a downward spiral from that point onward...the rest of the season completely sucked and i couldn't help but wonder if it had something to do with my being there.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >