Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 YamIhere
Msg: 3365
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 31 of 310    (17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57)

Vezina - nothing. Both Brodeur and Luongo are being talked about for the Hart Trophy this year. They really want to give it to Crosby, but without their goalies neither Vancouver nor New Jersey would be within sniffing distance of a playoff spot. The Penguins wouldn't be as good without Sid, but not as bad as either of the other 2 teams without their stars.

Good points, but I think you're underestimating the impact Sid has on the Pens. One stat alone is telling as to why he will win the Hart: The Pens have only one win all season when Crosby didn't get a point. He's that important.

The Pens recent points streak, though, was the product of the entire team really playing well. A lot of production frm the bottom two lines.

Well it's very clear my NY Rangers will miss the playoffs again..... GEEZ!!!!!! It's bad enough when the other team scores.... BUT WORSE WHEN YOUR OWN PLAYERS PUT THE PUCK IN THEIR OWN NET!!!

Just had to vent.... However, I should be used to this by now....

How's Jagr working out for ya? The Rangers just mystify me ever year - they have a lineup of all stars and still can't get it done. Reminds me of the Yankees without all of the success
 musicnut46
Msg: 3366
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/21/2007 2:33:06 PM
Any team with a Tucker and/or Sundin can be scary to play. Can you spell"sweep". Another Anahiem/New Jersey final might be funny and more likely bring the Cup out west this time. Never compare current Penquins to Gretzky's Oilers,that was a "team". Jagrs are used to make ice fishing holes. No...the Rangers are built around former stars from other teams.No pro sports teams SUCKS more than the Yankees.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3367
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/21/2007 9:06:18 PM
"No...the Rangers are built around former stars from other teams."

That isn't the case anymore.... They have MANY of their own drafted players in the lineup now... Prucha, Lundqvist, Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Betts and Pock.....Not bad players each, but as a group, not great...... What the rangers have lacked all season long is a 2nd line center to play with Shanny...... He's been stuck with Matt Cullen for the most part who isn't better than a 3rd line player......

They have some really awesome players down in Hartford.... Marc Staal among them... But they aren't ready yet.. Lundy was all over the place for some time, but hasn't let in more than 2 goals in a game in around a month.....

There have been reports of trouble between Shanny and Jagr as Shanny complained publicly about his PP minutes being funneled to Jagr.... Jagr hasn't been 100% since his surgery in the off season.. Their D stinks..... Malik looks lost for the most part and Aaron Ward keeps scoring in his own net....... How many cups has he won??? No excuse for that... LOL.....
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3373
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/25/2007 12:12:57 AM
Lidstrom's still the man to beat
Norris Trophy winners don't have brain farts like Phaneuf did tonight
candidates do though ....maybe next year

and another thing for those Buffalo homers
Don't be whiners because all your stars are falling
its the price you pay when you sacrifice too much size for speed
speed may kill but size cripples
 musicnut46
Msg: 3375
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/25/2007 9:08:46 PM
Oilers to the North Pole. Canadiens to France. Flyers to the Moon. Florida to Cuba. Sharks to Mexico. Kings to England. Islanders To Hawaii. Wild to Winnipeg. Columbus to Hamilton. Make it a world wide sport. Any thoughts peeps? Earth to Bettman. GO CANUCKS GO. BRING IT ON.LOUNGO FOR PRIME MINISTER.
 tick tock
Msg: 3376
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/25/2007 10:26:58 PM

Oilers to the North Pole. Canadiens to France. Flyers to the Moon. Florida to Cuba. Sharks to Mexico. Kings to England. Islanders To Hawaii. Wild to Winnipeg. Columbus to Hamilton. Make it a world wide sport. Any thoughts peeps?

Flames to hell. Nucks to Japanese fishermen.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3377
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/26/2007 12:42:51 AM
Won't happen.They got a Sutter there. Nope, Canucks are mixed-up enough already ownershipwise,let that computer guy from seattle buy them. Still crying cause Gretzky didn't get Olympic gold in Nagano? Maybe Phoniex might get a cup before you do again. I like the thought of an International Pro leaque.Europeans playing for thier countries.
 tick tock
Msg: 3378
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/26/2007 1:04:51 AM

Still crying cause Gretzky didn't get Olympic gold in Nagano?

Judging by the two teams you praise the most, I think you've been doing a heck of a lot more crying than me....I mean, with a combined tally of one Cup between your two teams
 musicnut46
Msg: 3380
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/27/2007 2:50:09 PM
GO LEAFS GO. GO RANGERS GO. Isles will never win a cup again. Bring on The Devils. GO SABRES GO. Frogs belong in ponds. "Life is a stretch drive,can't ya tell whose thinking second round already"BRING IT ON". Gotta like those Penquins. GO SENATORS GO. See ya in the play-offs. GO CANUCKS GO,GO FLAMES GO. Sharks and Red Wings just got better too,as did Colorado.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3383
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/27/2007 8:17:39 PM
The Leafs got Gary Roberts. Probably get them into the play-offs. Ottawa got worries now. Montreal and Ottawa do diddly. So they get diddly in return. I be thinking the Cup cometh out west this year. and not to Detroit either. Most likely Anahiem,perhaps Calgary,then there's those pesky sharks and Stars. GO CANUCKS GO.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3385
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/27/2007 8:53:03 PM
"With him being in your neck of the woods, your thoughts on this BlueShirt Babe?"

Oh I am generally disgusted.... LOL.... Can't believe it really...... Just like the rest of Canada.... I have pretty much written the rangers off once again anyways this year... i think in the end, it's a terrible deal for the Isles.... Can't see him (Smyth) staying there after July 1st..... Once he hits the open market, look out NHL....Dont see him going back to Edmonton after today either... unless this was the plan between him and Lowe all along.......
 musicnut46
Msg: 3388
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/28/2007 12:38:34 AM
Right,Pittsburgh be thinking Stanley Cup sooner rather than later. Brodeur will never get properly acknowledged because he's stuck with one overly defensive-minded team. Roy might be most remembered for what he did in Colorado. Where would Sakic be without him? BRING ON THE STRETCH DRIVE AND PLAY-OFFS. Or go golfing in the snow .
 tick tock
Msg: 3391
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/28/2007 8:33:04 AM

Brodeur will never get properly acknowledged because he's stuck with one overly defensive-minded team. Roy might be most remembered for what he did in Colorado. Where would Sakic be without him?

Hard to make a fair comparison. With the Devils' stifling defence, it's hard to say how much of their victories were a result of Brodeur. Roy, on the other hand, single-handedly stole games and playoff series time and again. I remember watching that classic game where a young Patrick Roy stole the series from the Rangers in spectacular fashion. The Habs were outshot by an astronimical margin - and they were high quality shots - yet Roy kept making save after save. Simply unbelievable! The Devils consistently had the lowest shots against for many years during 90's. They just trapped teams to death and kept them to the perimeter.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3393
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/28/2007 1:28:50 PM
My point be look at what Roy's doing now? Still winning as a junior coach. He be a hockey god. Broduer may go in the reord books more significantly but New Jersey one by one be dismantling thier dream team. Because of Brodeur they be the closest comparision to the dynasty Oilers with the exception being they don't/need or have to score as many goals. They hail from different eras.
 tick tock
Msg: 3394
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/28/2007 6:17:43 PM

Because of Brodeur they be the closest comparision to the dynasty Oilers with the exception being they don't/need or have to score as many goals. They hail from different eras.

That be crazy talk, my friend.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3395
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/28/2007 11:26:00 PM
You be right. Dynasties be impossible these days. Just look at what teams like Anahiem/Calgary be attempting to do though. Solid goal-tending tandems,stingy defence and lots of offense. Just can't keep the talent long enough. It is how the Tampa's and Carolina's wsin Cups too,and the players go elsewhere.Curse Betmann anyway.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3397
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/1/2007 3:51:28 PM
"Broduer has been one of the biggest class players in the league, right up there with Sakic and Yzerman... never have you heard him whine, demand a trade, embarrass a coaching staff"

WOW, you haven't heard much of Broduer whining?? OMG, my rangers are in the Atlantic also and never have I heard a goalie whine more than him..... Sorry, it's a fact... Even whining about the shield AO wore during a game this year, saying he couldn't see his eyes. LOL. So, watch the puck Marty... The horrific whining he did after a little snow got in his face by Sean Avery a couple of weeks ago.....

No player whined more about the crease rule than him sad to say.... In fact, after the rangers won their cup in '94 guess which goalie whined and whined until they put the crease rule into effect.. YUP, Brodeur.... BIG TIME....

However that being said, with no hesitation do I think he's the best goalie all time??? I sure do..... He is who I'd want to take into a game 7 in the SCF..... Moreso than any other goalie ever....
 musicnut46
Msg: 3399
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/1/2007 4:55:28 PM
What an appropriate nickname she got. Too bad Sakic,Brodeur and Yzerman are playing-out thier careers in one city. Maybe Betmann' part of Al Qaeda,might even be Osama. GO CANUCKS GO. Then Flames.Then Mighty Ducks. Then Dallas.Then Ottawa.Then Piitsburgh. BRING ON The Play-offs. Oilers go Golfing. "Life Is A Stretch Drive....Win the first round....Meet a better team in the second".
 tick tock
Msg: 3401
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/2/2007 12:00:11 AM

It is almost impossible to build a dynasty team now a days with the salary cap in place. As the years go by the players develop and demand more money, the glory days in Calgary are soon to be over grrrrrr.......... Free agency will break up any dynasty

Glory days???! They have to win something first in order for any particular period of time to be considered "glory days". That's priceless!
 musicnut46
Msg: 3406
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/2/2007 12:22:35 PM
Maybe see ya in the Finals. I'm curious,were Mctavish and Lowe not on the Rangers Last Cup team with Messier? Might be awhile before we know who's playing who the first round. The Division be so tight. BRING IT ON. GO CANUCKS GO. Whatcya gonna do when we get Kessler back. Do for Loungo what we use to do for Passagilia"LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOO".
 tick tock
Msg: 3409
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/3/2007 3:02:40 PM
see thats the spirt bugg. keep the boa alive. i keep on changing my mind on laughing when i think of the smyth deal to kinda feeling bad for oil fans.

I have noticed that you didn't rub it in and thought that was a very decent of you...unlike some of the other trolls that have poked fun at us. Cheers
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3410
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/3/2007 3:32:27 PM
I think what we all seem to be missing is that all the players in the league are assets
plain and simple assets for 30 fortune 500 companies
Iginla ,Heatley ,Crosby Kovelchuk They will all be on the block sooner or later
Staying with one team for a whole career is a thing of the past
after Brodeur and Sakic retire we will probably never see it again

Smyth was traded because he was a 70 points a year player who wanted 5.5 mil
Heart and soul didn't even factor into it and probably never will again
I also think that it won't be long before players simply play out their rookie contracts
then just sit out the regular season and sign with the highest bidder at the trading deadline
and why wouldn't they ?
Skip the possibility of injuries and extend their careers by a few years

Sound stupid ? wait and see
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3411
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/3/2007 5:17:50 PM
"I'm curious,were Mctavish and Lowe not on the Rangers Last Cup team with Messier?"

YUP, MN, They were both with Mess in New York when they won the cup in '94...Just a few others also as the rangers were called the NY Oilers that year...... Especially after the trade deadline..... Also on that team were of course Adam Graves ( my all time favorite player) who was on the Oil for their 1990 cup.... Plus Jeff Beaukaboom, Glenn Anderson, Esa Tikanan... And of course Mark Messier to bring the total of former oilers to 7.......
 musicnut46
Msg: 3414
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/3/2007 8:14:21 PM
Thanks Babe. We all be aware of where mess was the year before that too. But too bad you couldn't get Gretzky. Like if Edmondton had of kept them,ya might still be winning cups . I call it a footnote to the Ryan Smyth saga. New Jersey finally breaking up too. Watching the "Battle Of Alberta" round seven. Look-out if Calgary gets in the habit of winning on the road. Go Canucks Go.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3415
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/3/2007 10:28:24 PM
Maybe I'm just a pessimist Rez
Being a Sens fan in Leaf Nation gave me an idea to start a pessimists club
like the optimists have but I didn't think anyone else would join
but seriously I bet Bruins fans said that about a couple players
three of which were franchise saviours or so we've been told
I think what makes these guys franchise players is that they remain superstars
for so long their supporting cast begins to fade until they are the only valuable assets
It would be nice to see Sid the Kid stay for the duration or Alfie but even he might price himself out of town
Keep in mind the cap and the Penguins triumvirate making under 3 mil for all of them
that ain't gonna last I don't think but then again I am a pessimist
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >