Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3416
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 32 of 310    (18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58)
In say 3 years there is no way the pens can keep Crosby, Staal, malkin and Fleury... Not in the new capped NHL.... The only one they will keep for sure of course is crosby.... The others will demand and get higher salaries..... They will eventually get traded away..... Hopefully to the NYR... LOL
 musicnut46
Msg: 3419
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/4/2007 12:17:28 PM
I've mentioned it elsewhere. Take into note when signing multi-year deals what be in Vancouver in 2010. It tink it's a no-brainer Crosby will be on an Olympic Team. As well most likely be Rechi's last kick at it too. I wish the wild would just go away. Flames winning on road,look-out Stars,Red Wings,Mighty Ducks,Avalanche ,Sharks and whoever else gets in thier way. Beware of Roberto Loungo too.
 tick tock
Msg: 3424
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/5/2007 2:59:10 PM
How will Luongo respond to players crashing the net if he does play spectacular in the playoffs. You know it will happen with increasing frequency.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3429
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/6/2007 1:02:07 PM
they may be losers and I do hate the **stards
but they still have a shot at the playoffs
and the Oil which I do like don't have a hope in hell
so tell me whats so funny ?
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3432
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/6/2007 3:12:47 PM
I am hoping the Rangers can claw their way back into a playoff spot..... Not likely... Either them or the leafs.... Otherwise I won't be too interested in the playoffs this year....
 musicnut46
Msg: 3436
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/6/2007 9:12:42 PM
In this day and age any team can go all the way. If the Leafs make the play-offs,who knows.The Canucks be a long-shot,then so was Edmondton last year. I hope Jersey chokes on themselves. The Flames and Mighty Ducks,like Avalanche and Red Wings are always dangerous. The Wild be like San Jose and Nashville. GO CANUCKS GO.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3437
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/6/2007 10:08:14 PM
Beware of the Ducks
This year everybodys got a chance
its March 7 and their is still 20 teams who could get hot
I would like to see Ottawa win it all at least once before
Kansas City or the Chiefs get it for the Crosby dynasty
however long that lasts.

GOSENSGO play a full 60 please
 tick tock
Msg: 3441
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/7/2007 11:50:00 PM

I am hoping the Rangers can claw their way back into a playoff spot..... Not likely... Either them or the leafs.... Otherwise I won't be too interested in the playoffs this year....

I was really impressed with the effort the Rangers gave against the Islanders the other day. It would have been a serious crime if they lost that game - even though I was rooting for the Islanders cuz of Smitty. Amazing goaltending by DiPietro~!
 musicnut46
Msg: 3445
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/8/2007 1:37:06 PM
If they don't get shot down,the Ducks are dangerous. Ottawa best do it this year. GO LEAFS GO. Columbus got Hitchcock though. The Rangers belong in the same boat as the yankees. Tordepoes away. Islanders,Like oilers have had thier glory Days.I hope Toronto benches Tucker and Sundin next time they play jersey and literaly cleans thier clocks. I think after tommorow,Pittsburgh minds will be elsewhere. Might even do play-offs at thier new home in Vegas.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3447
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 7:50:24 AM
Disgrace on Long Island last night....... What was Chris Simon thinking??? An inch higher and he would have taken out his teeth.... An inch lower, and he would have hit his windpipe..... And possibly killed him....

Here is the video.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ht6RyAI9370

Should be gone like McSorley was.... Than said later he's a team player.... HUH??? Yeah, this is what a team player does during a game with playoff implications..... Crap like this HAS to get out of the NHL... No wonder the NHL can't get viewers in the US.....Lst's see if Campbell does the right thing here... Since he sure dropped the ball on the Kaberle hit last week...

Quote from Sean Avery in the NY Daily News today....

"Let's just see if Colin Campbell finally does something about this stuff and doesn't give him three games like he gave that other meathead from New Jersey," Avery said.

However, the rangers did get the 8th spot with this game.....
 tick tock
Msg: 3448
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 8:57:26 AM
It was definitely shocking! Surprised he wasn't seriously injured by that blow to the neck. What a moron Simon is.
 tick tock
Msg: 3449
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 8:57:38 AM
It was definitely shocking! Surprised he wasn't seriously injured by that blow to the neck. What a moron Simon is.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3452
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 11:58:57 AM
Did anyone happen to see what prompted Simon to lose it ?
The way I saw it was that he got run from behind head first into the boards
and anyone who remembers Simon from his days in Quebec should know better than to cheap shot him he is a maniac.
I should say Hullwig or whatever his name is woke the giant
like Rob Ray did once and got both orbital bones broken for his trouble.
I agree that two wrongs don't make a right but Hulwig should get as many games as Simon
In the NHL what goes around comes around Steve Moore had to pay the price for his antics
just like Hullwig and Brashears days are numbered too
This is a very physical game and I am truly sorry that Moore missed out on a hockey career
but he got more from his settlement than he ever would have got from his skill alone
if anyone is an embarrassment to the game its him.
What Bertuzzi did was wrong and he paid the price now lets get on with it
and not bring it up every time the guy has a little success in his life
Lose that Leaf mentality where everybodys wrong but us
It wasn't that long ago that the great Rocket Richard swung his stick at peoples heads
and was applauded for it as well as many other super stars
Mr Hockey and Mark Messier
might have been the most vicious of all athletes in their day.
So if you can't stand the rough stuff don't be dishing it out yourselves
 musicnut46
Msg: 3454
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 1:29:07 PM
If any of this crap affects play-off matches-ups,just watch the leauge throw the book at teams. It's all about making money and if certain markets don't do well beacause of crapola hits,bettman will step-in himself. Bertruzzi being where he is means the team suffers. Yes Messier was rough,but not stupid. This be Pro Hockey,not Slapshot. All sports be physical,thank god for modern medical treatment though. Fines's/Suspension's should match Injuries.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3455
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 2:46:38 PM
That hit on Simon was clearly not clean have a look at it yourself then you can say it was clean or not
Simons retaliation was not warranted but thats what happens when borderline skill players think that running people will get them a roster spot I'm not condoning or applauding
vicious acts or late hits or even Simon as a player or person but if there is no respect for
each other then some of them are going to pay the price
Does anyone remember Scott Niedermayer crosscheck to the face of Tie Domi a few years back that also was a dirty classless act from a usually classy guy.
But Tie took liberties with Jerseys star players in a previous game and was not punished for it
when he did it again with Niedermayer he got smoked and Niedermayer got a few games off
The problem is no respect and the leagues failure tp hand down punishment that fits the crime
And P:S Messier put out more guys with his elbows and butt ends than any other player since Gordie Howe
Anyone remember when Pavel Bure was a target for Shane Churla in Dallas ?
Bure took two unpenalized cheap shots from the Stars fourth liner
when the officials did NOTHING Bure on the next available play flew across the ice like a rocket and cross checked Churla square in the face
Bure was then suspended but noone ever took liberties with him again.
Is that the way it should be ? I don't think so but the league made it this way
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3457
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 2:56:32 PM
now that I agree with
 musicnut46
Msg: 3458
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 3:02:58 PM
And what goes around,comes around. Look where New Jersey and Edmondton are at now and where the teams with Nediemayer and Pronger are at. Welcome to the new N.H.L. Domi is a goof. Be intersting if Messier becomes a coach or GM ,won't it? Goons be Goons. Notice Pittsburgh response to gunning for Crosby? Be careful...be very ,very careful.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3461
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 6:05:08 PM
Finally someone who watches the evidence before the comment
anyone can repeat what Bill Waters or Jim Rome says
the only point I would dispute was that the Drury hit was late
TSN or CTV timed it at less than 1/2 a second
plus I'm bias and tend to get pissed at this time of year

GOSENSGO
 puck_stopper
Msg: 3463
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 6:23:07 PM
^^^^vaerstille.....if Simon really wanted to injure Hollweg, he could have taken his head off.

so what your saying then is that simon is so skilled with his stick that he intentionally missed hitting higher or lower?....i call BS....he just got lucky that the injury wasn't more severe....but the intent to do serious injury was there....most of these incidents happen in the heat of the moment but they still have to be dealt with.....and no i'm not defending holwegs hit on simon.....i love a good tough game and fighting but this cheap shot stuff has to end

cheers A
 musicnut46
Msg: 3465
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 7:42:05 PM
Always most of the younger and American Fans rather enjoy watching this B.S Too. Perhaps dealing with them might help too. Drunk,obnoxious ,cheering cheap shots,get removed from the rink. Another option for Messier migh be what Lemiuex and Gretzky did,buy a gteam and do as you please. The power of the almighty dollar. Just Imagine what Campbell would do very quickly if Crosby got taken out indefinetely.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3467
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/9/2007 9:54:04 PM
I have watched the simon and hollweg hit over and over to make sure I was right before I posted further... First off, there is not one media outlet saying the hollweg hit was dirty.... Find it, I will be happy to read it....His right glove was on the #1 and his left glove was on simon's shoulder.....he clearly hit him from the side....... it was a clean check......perhaps it caught simon by surprise, but whatever....

Simon will be dealt with... Hopefully in the same manor of games as McSorley and Bertuzzi....Nassau County is now debating whether to file charges against simon for the slash to the chin of hollweg.......

No matter what the NHL does, they seem unable or incapable of policing itself.... But I hardly think the police need to be called in......
 musicnut46
Msg: 3470
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/10/2007 11:41:39 AM
That be the only recourse if the league don't act accordingly. They could make the league make better rules and/or sue them for improper penalties. If the league was smart they would just suspend players until the victims can play again. Teams/players don't budget for fines. The game what the unfortunate majority of fans wish to see. If a crimminal act is commited,pay a deserved penalty for it. Junior Hockey tends to copy the pro game,because of monetary restrictions it can't tit for tat. Maybe the N.H.L should copy some Junior Hockey trends too. You do that in Junior,you just might never play again. If your coach tell you too,he may get suspended too.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3474
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/11/2007 1:16:51 PM
Way to go Colin Campbell. Much like Bewhoozi. Detroit still deseves no more cups as long as he be there too. Hope Isles and Devils(verdict still out on that one too),yankees go home. Tucker's come a long way since then. Gotten two BIG contracts and Olmpic Gold. Hey he's re-signed and Leafs doing better,what's up with Sundin though? BRING ON The Play-Offs .
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3476
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/11/2007 6:45:32 PM
I think the suspension of Simon was reasonable......

And by the way, it was Domi who was suspended for the hit on Niedermayer, not Tucker...... I love Darcy Tucker and the way he plays...... I was sick when the rangers traded for Sean Avery, being I HATED him more than any other player in the NHL... But he has surprised me since becoming a Blueshirt.....He draws at least 3 pp's for the rangers per game.... I could care less if he turtled during a fight (LOL), just keep annoying the other team.......

Avery plays alot like Tucker, but Tucker can find the net..... LOL
 musicnut46
Msg: 3477
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/11/2007 6:58:20 PM
And Tucker will never change. He got benched so may times when playing here,always came back ans scored 2-3 goals a nite instead 0f 1 or 2. He obviously isn't leaving toronto either,other teams could only wish. The only downside is,his chances of wining the Cup there. Or winning any trophies as a professional period. i do believe he was on the Nagano olympic team.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >