Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 musicnut46
Msg: 3626
Hockey anyone?Page 35 of 310    (21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61)
Too many of the same teams make the play-offs all the time. That because some don't and might never. The Teams be too balanced in general. Throw in a true star or hot goalie and a little luck and guess where the Cup goes? Put the Wild out of thier misery. Might be Canucks sending Flames Golfing. Hope Leafs and Canadiens make play-offs so it isn't up to Ottawa to send contenders to the Golf links. GO CANUCKS GO. Shut-Em-Out Captain Roberto .
 techguy
Msg: 3627
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/29/2007 8:27:00 PM
I coded up my own hockey simulator. (Yes, I know how badly I need to get laid and POF isn't helping.) It was basically a personal project of mine that I first "deployed" last year during playoff time to see who would win. My simulator had the Ottawa Senators winning the Stanley Cup in a four game sweep over Nashville.***

I'm going to do the same thing again this year. (It's always such a mad rush to key the data in though.)

***It should be noted that Dominik Hasek was in goal, and the simulator does not factor in a "choke" statistic!
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3628
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/29/2007 9:59:21 PM
hey J Rock I remember that "simulator"
it didn't factor in anything that eventually happened
didn't you have the oil pissing all over themselves in round one ?
For it to have a hope of being even close to right
you have to figure in injuries and team depth right down to goaltenders
Where would Jersey be if Marty blew a ring during his pregame dump ?
In the toilet that's where............GOSENSGO
 techguy
Msg: 3629
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/30/2007 8:39:41 AM
It's TechGuy, not J Rock.
 tick tock
Msg: 3630
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/30/2007 10:22:39 AM
Hey Smack, I've been really busy with work and all, but I'll give you my official playoff predictions hopefully by the end of the weekend. Damn work! It's interfering in my hockey life. The nerve of them!!!

edit: feel free to use my picks to place bets. You might make money this year by doing so.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3631
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/31/2007 4:58:57 PM
Did anyone notice that this is the first year
The Sens have legitimate NHL playoff goaltending ?
Emery and Gerber and as deep as they've ever been

GOSENSGO
 musicnut46
Msg: 3635
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/31/2007 11:01:12 PM
He's just getting old. He be a play-off goaltender and theconly good thing about Detriot. Hope they get tossed the first round. After bewhoozi gets shit-kicked just for the hell olf it. Bet Shanny's glad he's in New York Now. Wasn't Emery or Gerber in Carolina last year. Pittsburgh's one BIG flaw cost 'em tonight. Thier scoring prowess got them a point though. Canucks ran out of time. I wonder why Recchi be in Pittburgh,one last cup before retiring as a player. The Stars got a contender,two guys that got cups in Tampa in 2004 are back there. Be interesting if Flames make play-offs and those two teams hook-up . Wonder why certain trades DO happen? GO CANUCKS GO.
 techguy
Msg: 3638
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/1/2007 7:53:10 AM

Since when is Hasek a choker? His career playoff GAA is 2.02 and his SP is .926.

I meant the Sens as a team, not Hasek.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3639
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/1/2007 11:58:15 AM
I'm getting pretty tired of everyone saying they choked in the playoffs
as if it happens every year to them and only them
Every team aside from Carolina lost the Cup race last year
does that make them chokers J-Rock ?
I agree that the deal for Gerber was ill planned but at this time of the year
it is more than worth it to have a back up that can start games for you
Pick any team and imagine what would happen if their starter came up lame next Saturday
Who's backing up Luongo or Brodeur or Miller in Buffalo ?
anything can happen in the playoffs better safe than sorry
even if it costs 3.5 million to be safe it leaves less room for error

"They choked " what an idiotic remark
28 teams a year choke that's what you're saying
I left out Toronto because they are normally the ones saying it
while the sheep just repeat it
GOSENSGO
 musicnut46
Msg: 3640
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/1/2007 12:06:58 PM
Funny how Hockey minds work,isn't it?Gerber be in Ottawa and Recchi in Pittsburgh. Couldn't that be an interesting match-up? Hasek be the only thing Detroit got going for them these days. Should be an intereting week or so. Some teams have to be playing play-off hockey. Others need to. Calgary be saying,hey look at what Edmondton did last year? And yes they do have a way better team the oilers did. Look at oilers without smyth,imagine detroit without hasek? Or New Jersey without Brodeur. GO CANUCKS GO. Beware of Sharks,Mighty Ducks,Predators , Stars,Wild,Lightning ,Sabres and Rangers.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3643
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/1/2007 9:41:03 PM
WOW, a revenge game between the rangers and leafs tonight.... Revenge for that 9-2 loss..... A nice 7-2 victory for my blue shirts (rangers not leafs, people).....Rangers need 1 more win to clinch..... Would love to see them do it on the Island Tuesday night.....

Sean Avery..... Damn... I had no idea he could actually play hockey..... Him and Lundqvist are what turned them around and directed them toward the post season.......
 musicnut46
Msg: 3644
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/1/2007 11:50:57 PM
Rangers should be in play-offs and Leafs can only hope. Pittsburgh(they got questionable goaltending though) or Buffalo whip Rangers ass's though. Maybe even New Jersey. Beware of Lightning and Senators as well. Remember Gerber got Play-off Experience th0ugh,helped-out Carolina last year. Detroit does suck,hope they get thier butts whipped but good in the first round.
 techguy
Msg: 3646
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2007 12:08:26 PM

I'm getting pretty tired of everyone saying they choked in the playoffs
as if it happens every year to them and only them

Detroit choked last year too. Anytime you're a favourite and you get knocked out in the early rounds it's pretty pathetic.

Ottawa had BY FAR the best team in the Eastern Conferance last year. They had the best offence, the best defence, and the best goaltender. No other team in the NHL could say that. It was the total package and they melted down again. Ottawa is the only team in recent memory to do so well in the regular season (year after year) and not win a Cup.

Lyriclover
Msg: 3647
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2007 12:48:27 PM
Get you history books out Tech
Philly ,Buffalo and Washington all went to the dance in recent memory
without bringing home the prize AND President cup winners rarely
are tops in the playoffs . Dallas being the only winners of both in the last ten years
Quit hiding behind negativity and Hooter girls and wear your Leaf colors with pride

GOSENSGO
 musicnut46
Msg: 3648
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2007 1:45:14 PM
They just be being Canucks. Been doing it forever. Got them within one game of the Cup twice. Very comparable to those teams.So-so defence and Offence but Damn HOT goaltending. First time they been there in the new NHL. Could always be the Flames ha ha ha ha ha ha. Once Play-Offs begin,regular season means diddly hooter squat.
 techguy
Msg: 3649
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/3/2007 8:24:44 AM

Get you history books out Tech
Philly ,Buffalo and Washington all went to the dance in recent memory
without bringing home the prize AND President cup winners rarely
are tops in the playoffs . Dallas being the only winners of both in the last ten years
Quit hiding behind negativity and Hooter girls and wear your Leaf colors with pride

If the Senators made the Cup final and lost, you could say they had a great run. The Leafs on the other hand, haven't had a decent team since about 2002 and they've never been the favourite to do anything in the playoffs in my lifetime.

In fact, have the Leafs ever finished first in their conferance? Have they ever won a Presidents trophy? I don't think they've done either.

Ottawa was so bad for so long. They have to cash in now before they lose the rest of their team under the salary cap.

musicnut46
Msg: 3651
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/3/2007 11:40:48 AM
Leafs will be laffs like Canucks will be caknuckleheads. Senator will choke like flames will burn-out. That be the difference in the BIG money markets. Carolina did what they had to win that Cup last year. And Geesh,where's Recchi and Gerber now? How long since Detriot's won a Cup? Was weakes not with the cup-winning rangers? Irbe's only as good as his defence. Spring has sprung and bring-on the Play-offs.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3652
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/3/2007 7:27:09 PM
speaking of nuts ,what a night for positioning
Leafs stop hearts to beat the worst team in the league
The Habs get a better grip as the Isles give a last gasp
and how much does that extra point in New Jersey mean ?
Schedule looks pretty good now

GOSENSGO
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3658
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/6/2007 9:57:22 PM
My rangers clinched..... So now it's.........................

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 musicnut46
Msg: 3659
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/6/2007 10:19:40 PM
That would be so cool. Oohh...a fan of the American Version of the Senators. The Leafs be one those teams you just don't know how far they could go. Like Oilers Minus Roulson last year. Buffalo shgould go far but like Ottawa,who knows. They migh make the mistake of thinking past the first round too soon. GO LEAFS GO. Who ya like out west?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3662
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/7/2007 9:08:13 AM
And from BC, Go Habs Go.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3669
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/7/2007 7:43:44 PM
Gotta like those Leafs. Remember Islanders got Ryan Smith. CANUCKS ROCK. Go Flames Go. Snow will melt. The reffing is why Tampa(even though they really didn't deserve it) and Carolina(ha ha ha ha ha ha ha) got the Cups . Since Bettman wants certain teams to do better. Down to the wire we go. Or perhaps go-out and shovel snow or hitting little balls on greens.
 musicnut46
Msg: 3672
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/7/2007 9:10:39 PM
GO DEVILS GO. Like they won't,then again they don't need to win.You gotta Knock,knock,knock on wood. Go all Canadian Teams('cept habs) Go. Interesting first-round match-ups,Go Senators Go. WAY FUN TIME OF YEAR. Sking,Golfing,Hockey,BaseBall. Hockey Fans with Spring and Cup Fever.BRING IT ON.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >