Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3847
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 39 of 310    (25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65)
I certainly no longer believe the Euro players have no heart in the playoffs.... That is a joke...... I was happily surprised how great Jagr and Nylander played.... I am sure people would slam Jagr, but it's all good.... I watched all the ranger games, and he performed...... Alfie has stepped up like never before..... Actually, the list of Euro players stepping up is rather long......

FYI, players do not collect a paycheck in the playoffs..... They are simply playing for the Stanley Cup.....

Here are the player rankings from tsn from May 25th.... There are 9 Euro's in the top 20....

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=8978
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3849
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/27/2007 5:09:44 PM
someone made the point the Ducks are more Canadian.....
I never considered it but that is certainaly a factor in crunch time lyrics (not like you know any better any way ).... I am updating my prediction to Sens in 7 ....
Id take a guy like Wendell over a chicken Swede anyday.....
and will someone please teach Forsberg how to skate....
yes they are paid more in the playoff... everyone has a playoff bonus....
and I call em as I see em.... not PC hockey doublespeak

TroyMcLure
Msg: 3852
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/27/2007 7:54:20 PM
yknow the more i think about it the more I am tempted to think the ducks might win.... if it goes 7 games
If Alfie is out or his line is checked this series is not onesided....
Having a Euro "C" could be the kiss of death.... i will laugh if they blow it... just proves me right....
like I said... I call em as I see em

Wendell wasnt talented... but he did everything he could with 110% and never took a night off..... he was all heart
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3857
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/28/2007 4:54:26 AM
the ducks have gotten lots of good press and sound pretty worked up for a win
It might be the most entertaining playoff hockey weve seen in a decade
if Ottawa loses Ill be calling Alf an Alien Life Form ...... its why the leafs suck so bad too.... whatever happened to old timehockey .....
I am predicting ducks in 7.... even a blindman can see a stategy for the ducks.... neutralize Ottawa's first line... pound everything that moves inside their own blueline and try to dominate play between the blue lines...... the first 2 are easily achievable..
but that just me and....
I call em as I see em .........
 tick tock
Msg: 3860
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/29/2007 8:47:13 AM
Most entertaining playoff hockey we've seen in a decade? I'm guessing you missed the previous two Stanley Cup finals.

Agreed. In 2004 and 2006, both series went the distance and had lots of drama to boot! Someone obviously wasn't paying attention.

Last night, the Sens looked like a very tired team. The Ducks forechecked and banged the crap right out of them. If there is anything I fear more than no rest, it's too much rest. They better get their legs under them soon or the series may be over before they know it. I am actually surprised with how well May is playing for the Ducks. I'd say that was a great pickup by Burke because you could see how the tide turned for the Ducks after that great forechecking shift by his line.

That was cool seeing Ryan Smyth and Miller in the audience.
 tick tock
Msg: 3862
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/30/2007 11:33:22 PM
Wow. What a crappy effort by the Sens today. You can't expect to spot a team two games and expect to come back and win it all.
 tick tock
Msg: 3864
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/31/2007 12:39:21 AM
well...the Oilers spotted the Canes 2 games last year and took it to Game 7. And they looked WORSE in Game 2 than the Sens did tonight!! But the Sens sure need to step it up at home.

Yup, they sure did last year...but at least the Oilers came out flying and got 4 goals in Game 1 before the disaster occurred. I think they had more of an excuse for Game 2 than this healthy Sens team did.

That was certainly the most pitiful performance by any team in the first two games of a playoff series this year since the Calgary no-show in Detroit.

Let's see if they decide not to show up for the entire series and then they'll definetly be like this year's Flames.
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3868
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/31/2007 8:59:46 AM
The East has won the last two years running!!!
This is not over by a long shot
we are going to see a best out of three next week
Keep the faith.............
GOSENSGO
 tick tock
Msg: 3869
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/31/2007 9:23:14 AM
Smack, they did play that badly. Look at the number of turnovers at the Ducks blueline when the Sens decided to be cute with the puck rather than dump it in and chase it. Not only did it result in no shots on net but created excellent transition opportunities for the Ducks. Let's face it...if it wasn't for some great goaltending by Emery, the score in both games would have been more lopsided. I don't care how good the Ducks are, 4 shots on net in a period is inexcusable. Also, look at the way Alfie let up on the player resulting in the winning goal. Yikes!!
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3872
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/31/2007 1:48:00 PM
you can only be embarrassed at the dance if your team is at the dance
and nobody gets there by accident

GOSENSGO
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3874
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 5/31/2007 7:56:40 PM
denial can be an ugly thing.....
some people never learn............
hey island joker... how often does a guy from the losing side get the Conn Smythe after a shameful playoff performance.......
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3879
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/2/2007 6:30:33 AM
the common denominator in playoff hockey for the last20 years is NOT talent
no no no
it is desire....
many have said I am troglodite cherryesque and uninformed for bashing Euros but...
I have to ask myself how many hockey kids in Sweden grow up saying to themselves....... " I am going to win the Stanley Cup one day "......
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3881
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/2/2007 7:19:22 AM
yeah ... no joke...
and the Flames should have done better except the reffing was terrible...
which reminds me.....
If you love playoff hockey, do not bet in Vegas !!!
im talking old time hockey
and I call em as I see em ............
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3883
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/2/2007 9:30:10 AM
yeah like you know how to pick a winner.....
sorry my opinions are not in vogue....
but thats just me.....
and I callem as I seeem

i am predicting if giguere keeps this up he is in for a Conn Smythe
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3890
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/3/2007 7:11:06 AM
2+2= ???
Like I said.... if you dont like the reffing .... do NOT bet on these games !
its killing the sport , especially in the playoffs
Neal was a force ( reminds me of Clarke)
Anaheim looked intimidated by the crowd (yes its a factor )
This game was Game 1 in reverse... with Ottawa donimating 50 minutes of the play ....
but thats just me and
I callem as I see em
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >