Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3939
Hockey anyone?Page 41 of 310    (27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67)
Fergie doenst make to much sense on the best of days...
it must have been a rough tough sport or last Tuesday...
corporate leafs how did it come to this ????

Kaos86
Msg: 3940
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/22/2007 8:07:11 AM
Ferguson is a joke for a General Manager. I hope the sign him for 10 more years. I love to laugh at leaf fans.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3942
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/22/2007 8:33:03 PM
My rangers got the steal of the draft.... In the opinion of the boys on TSN..... Alexei Cherepanov... He was suppose to go in the top 2 places but dropped since the NHL doesn't have a transfer agreement and any team will pay to get him into the NHL.... They said he is the most NHL ready player in the draft.... He's already broken Pavel Bure's rookie record at the under 20 championships..... I am in hockey heaven tonight.......

For all draft coverage-

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=211579&hubname=
 Lyriclover
Msg: 3943
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/22/2007 10:48:38 PM
First off Sly "you talk too much ..........way too much"
Second I am heartsick about the Sens Stanley Cup Final crash
It has taken me almost two weeks to get over the pitiful 5 game mismatch
and I'm still asking myself "what the **** happened ?"
Too long a lay off ? ,Calls weighted in Ducks favour ? ,No guts ? I don't know.........
I do know this The Sens are better with Redden and Alfi does want it as bad as me
and whats done is done and we can do nothing until next year
So lets move on Leaf fans ,,even with a goalie you still SUCK
and Ryan Smyth wants a cup guess who he thinks he can get it with ???
I also have to retract the shit I said about the Ducks line of Getslaf Perry and Penner
they are better than I thought ...oh well live and learn eh ?
anyway the draft means nothing for at least two years but Russians are still are crap shoot so
any team picking them should tighten up their butt cheeks and hope for the best.......
til Sept ...GOSENSGO
 SlimJ82
Msg: 3945
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/25/2007 11:11:22 PM
It's amazing that this thread has been in existence since 2005. I still remember the lockout like it was yesterday. It was surely a huge pain of the butt.

I love hockey and have been a hockey and Canucks fan since 1996. Canucks are my home team as I live there. Today (right now it's Monday, June 25, 2007, 11:08PM PDT) is the one-year anniversary of the Luongo trade. It was probably the biggest trade involving the Canucks since the Bure-Jovanovski deal that involved others.

Calling all Canuck fans to post in here to stop all the arguments! GO CANUCKS GO!!!

P.S.: Linden has to return for at least one more season!
 SlimJ82
Msg: 3947
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 6/26/2007 11:06:53 AM
Oh, you a Detroit fan? They won't win another Cup anytie soon Damn Wings... it reminds me of my friend's coworker, a Wings fan. We'd argue and diss each other's team sometimes.

Anyway, I take you're, or used to be, a DBZ fan, well, same here

Ladybugg must've caught a deadly lovebug or that her pc's full of bugs, who knows?
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3962
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/1/2007 6:28:59 PM
I want to throw this out there for any of you slapstick artists to take a poke at.... Hockey is not what it once was ......
My favorite complaints include
1. Trying to market the sport to an uninterested southern US market.
2. Las Vegas and other bookmakers
3. Gary Bettman, can we put him on skates for just one season to see if he has the will to survive............
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3964
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/1/2007 7:44:15 PM
I am quite happy with the rangers signing of Gomez AND Drury today... If you got the money, spend it.. Especially on the 2 best players out there......

That excuse of the rangers driving salaries up is getting old.... Everyone is under the same cap..... Briere's signing today got the ball rolling and someone was going to sign them for that kinda money anyways...... Rangers were actually smart for a couple of years in how they spent their money.... Otherwise they wouldn't have it today to spend.....

Jason Blake to the leafs is a kick ass signing also... FINALLY someone to play with Mats who can put the puck in the net........
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3966
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/1/2007 9:10:07 PM
Ny is where stars are put out to pasture ..........
Its only after being in the league for 10 years that a name gets recognized in nyc, I guess its not so bad
Ny is where stars are put out to pasture ..........
Its only after being in the league for 10 years that a name gets recognized in nyc, I guess its not so bad
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3967
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/1/2007 9:15:34 PM
Holik was a total bust on the rangers.... No doubt about it... But the entire team sucked then and having him as their #1 center when he isn't one, was the problem......

BTW, the red wings had the highest payroll the year before the strike... Not the rangers..... We can also add the flyers and leafs to this mix can't we???

Troy, why do you post things twice??? Just wondering.....

Drury is 30 and Gomez is 27.. Hardly out to pasture....... Gomez will only be 34 at the end of this deal....
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3968
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/1/2007 9:23:43 PM
Ooooh a hockey chick
I post twice or as many times as it takes to satisfy the moderators word count saying my messages arent too short, its really annoying
Your right those guys are young, but Ive never heard of them, so maybe they arent worth the money.... am i wrong ... or?
Ok maybe Drury isnt so bad, and he's been in the league only 9 years.......
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3971
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/1/2007 10:26:56 PM
Actually it's Scott who is thinking of retiring not Rob.......

The floor to the cap is 34.5 mil... So all teams have to be either at it or over...... Believe it or not, the rangers dumping their junk at the deadline before the strike is what put them where they are today.....

There can't be many people who think Briere is a better player than Gomez.... LOL.... Certainly not when you take into consideration the teams they played for... Briere on a high scoring offensive minded team and Gomez on a boring defensive minded team...

Tonight I feel bad for Ted Nolan... Sure I hate the Islanders being a rangers fan, but he did a great job on the Island last season and is now left with NOTHING..... Losing Smyth, Poti, Kozlov, Blake and Zednik.... What a mess on the Island once again......

Jason Blake will be great on Sundin's wing.... He finally get's someone with grit and goal scoring ability...... Mats doesn't need to make him look good.....
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3972
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/1/2007 10:56:33 PM
tsn is now reporting the edmonton oilers have signed Michel Nylander.. No terms as yet...... He was great the past 2 years playing with Jagr..... Was really cheap also..... Just came off a 83 point season.... I am sorry to see him go though....

I wouldn't be feeling so sorry for the smaller teams.... they signed Nylander and made a pretty good trade.. The flames signed someone also......
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3978
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/2/2007 2:20:40 PM
Well this is interesting... Seems Nylander isn't going to the Oil afterall.. He's now officially a Washington Capital.......Will play with AO the way he played with Jagr in NY......

Sorry guys, I read everywhere last night he'd signed with the Oil..... Turns out it was false or it fell through........
 TroyMcLure
Msg: 3979
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/2/2007 7:32:23 PM
xskx.

I am with you man, fight the power.
There is plenty of good hockey here. My feeling is that ridiculous salaries, gambling and rule changes are destroying the sport. Id be happy to play bush league and suck than pay money to watch the chumps you described.
And I miss the character of the 70's players, their nicknames and bad habits.... much more entertaining in my opinion
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3986
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/3/2007 2:44:36 PM
Poll in the hockey news by the players...........

If you could play for any NHL team (other than your own), which would you choose?
1) Toronto Maple Leafs (34) 14.4%
2) New York Rangers (29) 12.3%
3) Detroit Red Wings (19) 8%
4) Los Angeles Kings and Vancouver Canucks (18) 7.6%
5) Dallas Stars (15) 6.3%
6) Colorado Avalanche and Montreal Canadiens (14) 5.9%
7) Minnesota Wild and Tampa Bay Lightning (10) 4.2%
8) Phoenix Coyotes (9) 3.8%
9) Calgary Flames (8) 3.4%
10) Anaheim Ducks and Florida Panthers (5) 2.1%
11) Nashville Predators, Ottawa Senators and Pittsburgh Penguins (4) 1.7%
12) Chicago Blackhawks, Philadelphia Flyers and San Jose Sharks (3) 1.2%
13) Boston Bruins and Buffalo Sabres (2) 0.85%
14) Carolina Hurricanes and Edmonton Oilers (1) 0.42%

http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news/news.asp?idNews=24100
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3988
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/3/2007 9:36:20 PM
Notice the destination of Drury and Gomez is #2??? Which is why the smaller market teams can't get the good FA's...Since they are both American born player (drury grew up a rangers fan no less), they chose the #1 American city to play hockey in....

Interesting development out of Edmonton over Nylander signing with the Craps.... OOOPS, I meant Caps.... LOL

http://www.tsn.ca/headlines/news_story/?ID=212659

Does Lowe have a case or is this a case of sour grapes on his part???
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3993
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/4/2007 4:58:39 AM
First of all, that poll was done in april.....

Also, if this was an actual contract with Edmonton and Nylander, it would have been filed with the NHL, correct??? Therefore, there is no way the contract with the Caps would have been approved.......
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 3998
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/4/2007 6:59:47 PM
Well isn't Paul Karyia all about the money also??? Signing with the Blues who probably won't even make the playoffs much less go deep enough for extra bonus money?? That signing made very little sense to me..... Oh yeah, $6mil a year for 4 years I believe....
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 4000
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/4/2007 9:52:43 PM
OMG, you might have the answer there......

I thought players were in the NHL to win the Stanley Cup??? This proves otherwise for sure.....
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >