Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 4774
Hockey anyone?Page 49 of 310    (35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75)
Wow
Looks like a little disharmony in Leaf Stagnation.

With this latest grotesque turnover by a Leaf Defenseman (and I use the term loosly) the question begs...Is this the worst defense squad ever assembled in the history of the NHL?
 Kaos86
Msg: 4778
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/24/2007 11:12:19 AM

One less mental mistake by the leafs and we've have about 7 or 8 more wins than we do. Apart from all the free agents signed by the Rangers, this leaf squad stacks up competitively with any other team in the league with the possible exception of the Wings. They're just playing like a Tier Two hockey club and that's why they sit where they sit.

Kubina (presently hurting), Gill, Mccabe and Kaberle, on paper, are the best starting 4 dmen group possibly in the league. Too bad they don't play on paper.

What the heck are you smoking?
I want some!

This is why the leafs will never win. It's because of fans like these (who keep shelling out the big bucks for the crap that they routinely put out on the ice). What incentive is there for the Teachers Pension fund to ever ice a winner? NIL

p.s. Using nil in a hockey score should get you banned from ever commenting on hockey.

Toronto Maple Leafs Celebrating Hockey Mediocrity Since 1967
 Kaos86
Msg: 4783
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/24/2007 12:02:58 PM
Well Pucky there are several reasons for the Wings attendance downturn. The economy in Michigan, lack of N. American leadership on the team but mostly TIGERS, PISTONS, LIONS, WOLVERINES, SPARTANS,. The fact is the Wings are not number one in that market.

And that is what you just don't get. The Leafs have a captive audience. The largest hockey market in all the world and yet they still can't ice a decent hockey team year after year. It's pathetic and sad. Almost as pathetic and sad as the fans who put up with this Mickey Mouse outfit they call a franchise.
If the NHL wants to expand it should put a hockey franchise in Toronto and make this bunch of losers actually compete. Wait till the NFL moves into town in a couple of years and the Leafs actually have to compete for some corporate dollars.

As a southern Ontarian it's an insult to be forced to watch this pathetic bunch of AHL rejects every Saturday night for the past 40 years. Growing up in Windsor I cursed Harrold Ballard for forcing me to watch his bile and denying me the opportunity to watch those great Habs teams of the 70s. Now we have a good Ottawa franchise that is getting short shrift.

Damn the NHL and damn Hockey Night in Canada for entering into this regional programming of mediocre(accept when Leafs play then it's below avg.) tv coverage. Put the best game on in all markets!

Leaf StagNation a Blight on All Things Canadian!

Hockey 1 Leaf Nation Nil
 Kaos86
Msg: 4787
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/24/2007 1:53:22 PM

lack of N. American leadership on team"

I disagree here as well.
really...Their GM , Holland is Canadian. He resides in my town in the offseason. A great leader and one of the better GM's.
What about Yzerman...My understanding is he is still involved in Wings management. Another quality Canadian.

I was talking about On Ice leadership. The fans don't pay to see Ken holland perform. But they do tell him what they think of the job he has done buy not buying tickets. Until a team wins with out Canadian on ice leadership the fans should stay away in Detroit. Thats how you get action. Torontonians take note, Sundin will not lead you anywhere.

"but mostly TIGERS, PISTONS, LIONS, WOLVERINES, SPARTANS."
The wings used to be number #1 in that market not long ago. I guess that "hockeytown" logo, they plaster on their ice needs to be removed

Hockeytown is a marketing scheme just like leaf nation. It"s a nice little selling feature in Detroit, but no one really believes it. You are the only one falling for that crap.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4788
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/24/2007 1:54:00 PM

your kidding right? The Leafs have the likes of the Blue Jays, Raptors, and Argos in their market...no problems getting the dollars or fans in. OH and dont forget the new MLS soccer franchise Toronto FC as well, where they lead that league in attendance as well. This will never be a problem for the leafs.

When the Bills move to Toronto there will be no Argos.
The problem for the Leafs is THEY ARE PATHETIC.

You just don't get it.

Kaos86
Msg: 4797
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/24/2007 3:38:23 PM
Enough with the Troll crap I don't buy into that stuff on these forums.
As far as I am concerned let it all hang out.
Pucky you're all.right. " Ya got spunk kid".....I hate spunk!

Truely pucks other than being delirious I think it is great that at the very least you like hockey.

Question though ...Have you ever had skates on?
 Kaos86
Msg: 4804
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/25/2007 10:58:57 AM
I was wondering how the seats were provided to the military personnel.
That is great and the Oilers and their fans deserve a "Standing O" for that one.

With the latest scam, disguised as a Leaf hockey game, over ...How long do Fergie Jr. and or Paul Maurice have left in Toronto?

I feel terrible for Maurice but it is clear that this team has quit and he can't motivate them. Perhaps Leaf Stagnation could promote them to a playoff berth and Cup. Come on now all in Leaf StagNation chant with me.....Ohm...Ohm!
 Kaos86
Msg: 4806
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/25/2007 4:32:14 PM
Great post Sly....A Little Golf Applause for that one. I appreciate your honesty about the team you love.

As for me I am working up here in the Yukon...13 hr days so I don't get to see the weekly Saturday Night Leaf Follies sounds like the best comedy on TV. Next week I return home so they better put on a good show, I need a good laugh.

What the "f" is up with my Red Wings can't win in the best division in hockey?

Hockey Town is a marketing ploy ...Don't Let it Bug You
 Kaos86
Msg: 4817
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/28/2007 8:40:53 AM
Front page news....

Leafs Determined To Right The Ship

With another embarrassment on the books the Leafs brain trust(oxy-moron) have come up with sweeping changes in order to right the ship and put this team firmly back on track to finish a mediocre 13th.
Mr Peddie this morning announced the firing of long time Zamboni driver Wrongway Foyt. Upon hearing off his firing from a relieved Fergie Jr., Mr Foyt had this comment......Leafs Suck!
 Kaos86
Msg: 4819
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/28/2007 11:02:59 AM
And the news just keeps getting worse....

NHL Announces Plans To Take Over Hapless Leaf Franchise.

In a not so surprising announcement today Gary Bettman announced plans for the NHL to assume full operational duties of the Toronto franchise(loosely). Said Bettman..."We just got rid of the "Mighty" Ducks now we need to rid the league of the "Toronto Mickey Mouses".
In its first move the league announced the firings of everyone associated with the organization. The leagues 2nd move was to rehire former Zamboni driver Wrongway Foyt and promote him to President of the newly formed franchise Toronto/Hamilton Lakers.

Oh and by the way Toronto's Vaunted offense now sits 8th best in the league.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4821
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/29/2007 11:06:27 AM
Atta boy Pucks welcome to reality.

but... uhm er...Pucks instead of looking at total goals look at the Goals per Game(GPG).
The Leafs have played more games than most and that is why there total goals is mis-leading. Last week they were 4th in GPG(overall NHL) and this week 8th. Pucks its a red flag...they are sinking fast. Their winning percentage is 27th in the league, scary. Someone clue Fergiein ...John Tavares ' draft year is 09.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >