Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 4883
Hockey anyone?Page 51 of 310    (37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77)
Pucks, what the Leafs need to do is blow it up.
Blow it up and rebuild it.
Get rid of the entire front office. Hire a GM with a proven track record. Someone who has won somewhere or apprenticed under a winner. Hire a President who wants to win and not maximize the TPF. A President who will shut out Tennambaum and Peddie.
Trade all the vets (especially Sundin) and stockpile draft picks. Fire their entire scouting staff and rehire and expand the scouting staff.

The worst thing that could happen to the Leafs is that they make the playoffs because then you are guaranteed the same bozo's will remain in position.
The Leafs need to finish last 3 or 4 seasons and get some great picks.

This is the blueprint that lead to both the Wings and the Tigers resurgeance in Detroit. Mike Ilitch as owner of both was able to rebuild both franchises because he is first a fan and therefore wants to win.

"Nuke em Dano"
 Kaos86
Msg: 4889
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/8/2007 12:29:17 PM
Detroit won 3 Cups with out a 50 goal scorer.
Looks like Zetterberg will make it this year. He and Datsyuk are on fire and with Hasek postingzeros....can any team play with the Wings?
 Kaos86
Msg: 4891
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/8/2007 1:37:25 PM
I remember(faintly) many years ago when the Wings were terrible and Walt McKechnie was bragging about his leading the team in scoring...he was traded soon after!
It's all about chemistry not about 50 goal scorers.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4894
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/8/2007 5:00:31 PM
That old fart took them to their last Cup and to the confrence final last year. As good as Osgood has been the feeling in Detroit is if they are to win in the playoffs it will be with Hasek. Fortunately he beginning to straighten it out as he gets healthy. Wings are hurting but they keep on winning.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4896
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/8/2007 7:58:59 PM

they were able to land anyone else besides that old fart.

Well, I guess not all teams can have hall of famers in net like the Laughs.

Only one thing wrong with your theory though...Wings had re-aquired Osgood the season before re-aquireing Hasek.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4900
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/10/2007 7:28:09 AM
How can you be sick of Crosby he is another great ambasodor of the game. He has already matured incredibly in his first couple of years. A great talent and well spoken. It's not his fault if the media over-hypes him. He is carrying on the Great Canadian tradition of Richard, Howe, Gretzky, Lemieux. Long live Sid the Kid!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 4912
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/11/2007 10:43:20 AM
You're right Denny.
It's the current commissioner - there's even speculation that the NBA sent him to the NHL because they knew he would botch things in a sport which has traditionally been more popular than basketball, played at the same time.

Bettman is gung ho on setting up teams in the stupidest places possible, but has quashed teams moving to hockey hotbeds like Hamilton.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4935
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/17/2007 8:47:09 PM

Bettman is gung ho on setting up teams in the stupidest places possible, but has quashed teams moving to hockey hotbeds like Hamilton

Hamilton a hockey hotbed? Huh. They can't draw flies to a championship Ahl team.

Well I was away for a week but it's good to see all is the same in the NHL. Leafs still suck. like I said there modest winning streak was built on other non-playoff teams . The Wings keep beating everyone.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4937
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:50:24 PM

Gotta love Kaos. A Canadian cheering for an American team...No worries Canada this is the exception not the rule. i admire your thrift at least. lol

Last time I checked it was the National hockey League not the Canadian Hockey League. I cheer for the home team(grew up in Windsor). How many times do I need to explain that to you before it settles in.

The Rangers were the only team in a playoff position as I acknowledged earlier that the Laughs beat in that modest streak.. Although it looks as if they will beat the Hurracanes tonite. See what taking the worst defenseman in history out of the lineup will do.

Leafs also beat Tampa Bay during their streak...Cup winners not to long ago.
You continuously prove my point.
Toronto Maple Leafs Celebrating Hockey Mediocraty Since 1967

As for the Wings...it has been a mixed bag 3 cups as of late and some early exits although Confrence final last year wasn't so early.
Better to have made the playoffs and exit early then to not have.

Well you know what they say in Leaf Stagnation; Just Wait Till Next Year...er Decade...er Century.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4939
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/18/2007 6:58:03 PM
Carolina 3 Toronto 2

Hello Pucks...Pucks....Pucks...er guys, somecall 911 for Pucks.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4942
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/18/2007 7:59:37 PM

well Wings fan, at least the Leafs still have more cup wins that Detroit...No?

out of the original 6 teams the most Stanley Cup wins goes like this i believe;

1st...Montreal Canadiens
2nd Toronto Maple Leafs
3rd Detroit Red wings

Yayayayayayaya ya, we know the leafs havent won one in 40 yrs but they still have more cups to their credit than do your Wings...Leafs were better in the old days and the Wings are better now....Cup total goes the TO however.

I like the Vancouver Canucks. They have not even won a cup in their 37 years
Also like the Flames and been to my fair shares of games in the old saddledome and i think they have only 1 cup win in their history too.

Wow You got me there Pucky.
How could the Wings and I possibly compete against such a great winning traditon and whit?
 Kaos86
Msg: 4944
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/18/2007 8:12:59 PM
yup ya got me Pucks.
Why on earth would anyone want to be a Wings fan when the Maple Leafs are clearly far superior.
 Kaos86
Msg: 4946
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 12/18/2007 8:59:35 PM
It never has been a Wings vs Leafs argument my friend. Just the fact that the leafs on ice product is a mess and has been for many years
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >