Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 5196
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 56 of 310    (42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82)
Kitty. if you want to stop it then it can be easily stopped..but you did keep it going by tossing out outlandish and bizarre statements and accusations. You need to accept responsibility for YOUR actions in this altercation. Stick to hockey and don't try and sidetrack it with nonsensical accusations. Anyway, that being said, let's "move along, doggy."

Hey smack...yes, we've had some good moments haven't we. It's been a while.
 tick tock
Msg: 5198
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/19/2008 12:50:44 PM
kipper is looking great now. looks like a changed goalie. thats 2 great games in a row from him now. all started with cujo coming in.

im interested in seeing who is going to get traded. sounds like tangs is willing to wave his no trade clause. sutter has been in a few nhl cites. how sweet would the flames look if we could pick up a guy like Sundin, i think he would fit the team just right. although i hear Jokinen name being put out there again.

getting rid of tangs 5.5 mill will go along way into being able to sign phaneuf and maybe have enough room to keep lanks or juice. maybe even both of them. hate to see any of those 3 go,

Interesting thoughts, smack. I was on calgarypuck and some of them are convinced that the Flames D may be too slow to handle the young energy players of other teams. I'm not sure if I agree with them. I think they were just not playing the basics for a few games and it cost them dearly. Like Ferraro pointed out, they had many turnovers only 15 feet from the blueline and it wound up being in their net. Also, Kipper wasn't playing like Kipper can for a while and goals that he normally wouldn't let in were getting by him. The Cujo acquisition is a good thing for two reasons: you can give Kipper the rest he requires and it also serves to motivate him on a competitive level.

As for Sundin, the Nucks are also heavily considering going after him. It was a big story in the Province. It would be interesting to see which team will take a gamble on getting him and what it would cost them. Parting with Tangs wouldn't be a bad thing and I agree that you need to keep Phaneuf at any cost. I can't see Calgary losing a cornerstone of their future and such a key part of their defence.
 tick tock
Msg: 5202
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/19/2008 1:49:22 PM
Anyway, can we get this back to hockey now or are you two still not done? lol

Yup, we're done, but are you? Have you fulfilled your need to get the last word in? Anyway, back to hockey and leave the nonsense behind.

The cost of keeping Phaneuf is going up every week, not only with his play, but with the incrediuble contracts being signed by others.

There must be incredible pressure on teams to sign players NOW because of this upward trend. Reminds me of the real estate market over the last few years where people felt they had to buy, buy, buy, or they would be priced out of the market.
 tick tock
Msg: 5204
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:07:02 PM
^ Yup, there is a lot of truth to what he says in that article, but he is also arguing from position of strength. When you are fielding such a strong team, you are capable of getting "Stanley Cup discounts".
 Kaos86
Msg: 5206
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/19/2008 4:48:21 PM
Trade rumors...

Tanguay will be hard to deal 5,5 mil and a no trade clause... good luck.

Mats Sundin's refusal to allow a trade is a perfect example of why he is not a leader. First he is standing in the way of the Leafs ability to turn the franchise around and secondly he clearly does not want to win! The Leafs need to blow this team up as Fergie Jr wanted to do 2 years ago as reported on the The Fan in Toronto early this week. Keep in mind also the Leafs have faced back up goalies in 70% of their games this year.

Watch out for this one Rob Blake to the Wings.

A No-Emotion Post!
 Kaos86
Msg: 5217
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/23/2008 7:36:37 AM
I was listening to the Fan in Toronto during the firing of Fergie (a very sad day if the comedy of the Leafs ends), the unanimous opinion of most of Leaf Stagnation was that this was a good move but not enough. All the callers recognized that Sundin needs to be traded and the whole thing blown up. First start with Richard Peddie.

Actually it was 74% backup goalies that the Leafs have faced but hey argue witht the Fan not me.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5221
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/23/2008 11:53:14 AM
18 backups divided by 49 games is 36.7%

Here are the actual stats.
Game Time Starting Goalies Versus Leafs

October 13 gp 3rd & 4th Ottawa Gerber, 11th NYI Dubielwicz, 13th Pitt. Sabourin
15th Buff Thibeau, 18th Florida Anderson, 20th Chicago Lalime, 23rd Atlanta Hedberg

November 10th NYR Valliguette, 13th Montreal Price, 17th Ottawa Gerber, 2oth, Boston Rask, 27th Montreal Price, 29th Atlanta Hedberg

December - 1st Pitt Sabourin, 8th Boston Auld, 15th Montreal Price, 18th Corolina Graheme, 20th TB Ramo, 26th NYI Dubliewicz, 29th NYR Valliquette

January - 1st TB Ramo, 5th Philly Nittamaki, 15th Carolina Leighton, 17th Boston Auld

Thats 25 out of 48 or 52% Still high. So against mostly backup tenders they still can't qualify for the playoffs.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5224
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/23/2008 4:13:32 PM
TSN just showed the video of the Fletcher/Peddie press confrence . In it, while Fletcher is speaking Peddie is mouthing his exact words as Fletcher struggles a little.

It is really spooky. Is Cliff Fletcher alive at this point?

Who would have thought that even with Fergie Jr. gone this team would be even more of a disaster.

This will be fun!
 Kaos86
Msg: 5226
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/23/2008 6:11:35 PM
Toronto Maple Laughs...the best comedy on TV.
 tick tock
Msg: 5227
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/23/2008 9:24:34 PM
^ Yup, a tragic comedy that makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
 tick tock
Msg: 5229
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2008 8:28:05 AM
Interesting. I just posted a comment yesterday in the Oilers thread that according to my calculations they have to go at least 7-2-1 out of every ten games in order clinch 8th spot and make the playoffs. This is a daunting task for any team at this time of year.
 tick tock
Msg: 5231
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2008 10:41:36 AM
Agreed. The Oilers also have to win roughly the same number of games as the Leafs in order to make the playoffs. I believe we'd have to go 22-7-1 or any other combination that gets us 44-45 points out the remaining 30 games. It is doable but very unlikely. Mind you, if they win every game against the teams above them in the division, then they might be able to bring the required points down a few notches. The last team that I remember almost pulling off was last year's Avs. They almost made it and then blew it all with one loss towards the end of the season. This year, the Coyotes remind me of last year's Avs in that they are making a legitimate run for the last spot. As for the Leafs, they are in the same situation and I think they should forget about this year and start building for the future, like the Oilers did last year. They really need to get rid of some of the passengers and some of the bad deals that they signed... other teams should be in the hunt very soon!
 Kaos86
Msg: 5233
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:04:15 PM
I have heard of this book The Top 60 Since 1967 put out by the Hockey News. So far I have only found the Red Wings on the list.

Anyone know more?

6) Steve Yzerman
9) Nicklas Lidstrom
17) Dominik Hasek
32) Chris Chelios .
 tick tock
Msg: 5234
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:16:26 PM
Here you go, Kaos. The voting comitee : Brian Burke, Jim Rutherford, Jacques Demers, Harry Neale, Kévin-Paul Dupont (Boston Globe), Al Strachan, Mike Brophy, Ken Campbell, Adam Proteau and Jason Kay of the Hockey News.

60: Sergei Fedorov, Détroit, Anaheim et Columbus
59: Borje Salming, Toronto et Détroit
58: Darryl Sittler, Toronto, Philadelphie et Détroit
57: Sidney Crosby. Pittsburgh
56: Denis Savard, Montréal, Chicago et Tampa Bay
55: Glenn Anderson, Edmonton, Toronto, Rangers et St-Louis
54: Yvan Cournoyer, Montréal
53: Ed Belfour, Chicago, San Jose, Dallas, Toronto et Floride
52: Stan Mikita, Chicago
51: Luc Robitaille, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Détroit et Rangers
50: Rob Blake, Los Angeles et Colorado
49: Brendan Shanahan, Détroit, New Jersey, St-Louis,Hartford et Rangers
48: Pat Lafontaine, Buffalo, Rangers et Islanders
47: Dale Hawerchuk: Winnipeg, Buffalo, Saint-Louis et Philadelphie
46: Chris Pronger, Hartford, St-Louis, Edmonton et Anaheim
45: Tony Esposito, Montréal et Chicago
44 : Pavel Bure, Vancouver, Floride et Rangers
43 : Frank Mahovlich, Toronto, Détroit et Montréal
42: Cam Neely, Vancouver et Boston
41: Bob Gainey, Montréal
40: Joe Nieuwendyk, Calgary, Dallas, New Jersey, Toronto et Floride
39: Brian Leetch, Rangers, Toronto et Boston
38: Scott Niedermayer, New Jersey et Anaheim
37: Grant Fuhr, Edmonton, Toronto, Buffalo, Los Angeles, St-Louis et Calgary
36: Brad Park, Rangers, Boston et Détroit
35 : Billy Smith, Los Angeles et Islanders
34: Serge Savard, Montréal et Winnipeg
33: Bobby Hull, Chicago, Winnipeg et Hartford
32: Chris Chelios, Montréal, Chicago et Détroit
31 : Al MacInnis, Calgary et St-Louis
30 : Peter Stastny, Québec, New Jersey et St-Louis
29 : Ken Dryden, Montréal
28 : Bernie Parent, Boston, Philadelphie et Toronto
27 : Gilbert Perreault, Buffalo
26 : Scott Stevens, Washington, St-Louis et New Jersey
25: Ron Francis, Hartford, Pittsburgh, Caroline et Toronto
24: Peter Forsberg, Québec/Colorado, Philadelphie et Nashville
23: Marcel Dionne, Détroit, Los Angeles et Rangers
22 : Brett Hull, Calgary, St-Louis, Dallas, Détroit et Phoenix
21 : Jari Kurri, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Rangers, Anaheim et Colorado
20 : Joe Sakic, Québec/Colorado
19 : Bryan Trottier, Islanders et Pittsburgh
18 : Larry Robinson, Montréal et Los Angeles
17 : Dominik Hasek, Chicago, Buffalo, Détroit et Ottawa
16 : Paul Coffey, Edmonton, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, Détroit, Hartford, Philadelphie, Chicago, Caroline et Boston
15 : Bobby Clarke, Philadelphie
14: Denis Potvin, Islanders
13: Guy Lafleur, Montréal, Rangers et Québec
12 : Jaromir Jagr, Pittsburgh, Washington et Rangers
11 : Mike Bossy, Islanders
10: Phil Esposito, Chicago, Boston et Rangers
9: Niklas Lidstrom, Détroit
8: Raymond Bourque, Boston et Colorado
7 : Martin Brodeur, New Jersey
6 : Steve Yzerman, Détroit
5: Patrick Roy, Montréal et Colorado
4: Mark Messier, Edmonton, Rangers et Vancouver
3 : Mario Lemieux , Pittsburgh
2 : Bobby Orr, Boston et Chicago
1: Wayne Gretzky, Edmonton, Los Angeles, St-Louis et Rangers

Nice to see 6 Oilers on the list (7 if you count Pronger...YUCK!).
 Kaos86
Msg: 5235
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:34:01 PM
Thanks Tick,

Nice to see 14 Wings on the list.
Gilbert Perreault was my favorite as a kid so I am pleasantly surprised to see him at 27.

I would take out Anderson and have Salming higher. Jagr is too high.
 tick tock
Msg: 5236
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2008 2:51:57 PM
No problem. Would you really remove Anderson from the list?

Why is Bobby Clarke rated so highly on this list? Am I F'd in the head cuz I don't think he should be in the top 30 even?
 tick tock
Msg: 5238
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 1/26/2008 3:02:05 PM
Personally, I think Bobby Clarke (15) and Luc Robitaille (51) should change positions on the list.

I agree. I was trying to figure out why they ranked him as number 15. Ahead of Kurri, Sakic and many others!! It couldn't have been for his skills as a hockey player and it certainly wasn't because of his performance as a GM.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >