Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 5299
Hockey anyone?Page 58 of 310    (44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84)

Long live the NEW NHL...one that is beyond Cherry's grasp.

Gee with all the big hits , suspensions and concussions looks like Old Time Hockey to me. The Euros now are playing more like Canadians than ever. Ovechkin is the perfect example and Cherry loves him. How about Holmstrom ... Cherry loves him too. Your hatred has blinded you to the facts about Cherry and his message.
I think hate pegged it right on.

Prairie ... Don't Hate ... Participate!
 Kaos86
Msg: 5309
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/2/2008 11:08:12 AM
Ho hum... another day and another Red Wing victory.
Can any team skate with the Wings?
... Yawn..

Where is Pucky when you need him?
 tick tock
Msg: 5310
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/2/2008 11:50:23 AM
^ Don't worry about the boredom because this is like every other year. You only have to wait about 3 months left before the Wings lose 4 out of 7 games.
 tick tock
Msg: 5312
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/3/2008 1:47:49 PM
What a good game between the Rangers and the Habs! That was one nasty and heated affair. I've been really impressed watching Montreal over the last stretch...however, don't know what happened to them today. Looks like they were going to steamroll the Rangers by going up 3-0 and then they suddenly imploded.

Brian Burke maybe has an age issue to deal with with his Ducks. He hedged his bets in the offseason going for the experience in Bertuzzi and Schneider in case folks like Selanne and Niedermayer didn't come back. Then he added Doug Weight. Now he's got an older squad from last year and i'm wondering if this sudden skid they're on has something to do with age. They're in the middle of a long road trip, and haven't scored in over two games now.

I was wondering about the same thing. They lost Penner and obviously miss him up front and lost Nieds and Selanne. Then they added the cancer, Bertuzzi, and then added age to their lineup with those other acquistions. It will be interesting to see what Selanne can do once he returns, but I'd be surprised if they did anything significant this year.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5313
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/5/2008 1:26:03 AM
Don't worry about the boredom because this is like every other year. You only have to wait about 3 months left before the Wings lose 4 out of 7 games.

Would that be 4 out of seven in the Conference Final or the Cup final?

Ho hum .....Boston and another win.

Wings will get a test this month with many road games and also most against the division where they are only 500.

I hope some of the teams in the rest of the league get more practice i. It is boring at the top.

Leafs 41 year drought. Can you say 50?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5315
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/5/2008 12:33:38 PM
Well. I will enjoy the run either way.
Only in Detroit is a Conference final or a Cup final loss a dissapointment.
If they do get that far it would put them in as the best playoff record over the last few years... unless of course they lose to Aneheim.

lol
 Kaos86
Msg: 5317
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/5/2008 1:17:05 PM
lol

<div class="quote">I don't recall victory parades in Edmonton or Calgary after Stanley Cup losses. I seem to recall a pretty vicious RIOT in Vancouver in 1994.

I know it's tough being a Canucks, Oilers and Flames fan these last 10 years ....ZERO Cups amongst them. Wings 3 Cups last 10 years... All the NHL should be so mediocre!

“Anybody who says they don't like fighting in the NHL have to be out of their minds.”
Don Cherry

Kaos86
Msg: 5323
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/5/2008 8:12:28 PM
Fighting is an integrel part of the game. You cannot separate the two.
As Don Cherry predicted 20 years ago face masks and the instigator rule have caused more head and neck injuries.

Was he a bigot for saying that?

As for the Red Wings Bob Probert and Joey Koccur two of the greatest fighters in NHL history were important parts of this run.
Montreal has had its share of fighters also. Edmonton had McSorely.

Last year Anaheim fought it's way to the Cup.
Some teams have won without it and that is good but there is nothing wrong with a good fight between to willing combatants.

As for Detroit they are a great team that went to a conference final last year. This year they are tougher but they still lack that Canadian leader. I love them but until I see Lidstrom(non Canadian) raise that Cup I wont beleive it.

“I never, ever said 'don't wear a visor,'”
“What I said was if you're wearing a visor and you're going for safety, OK. But don't go around being a tough guy.”
Don Cherry
 Kaos86
Msg: 5325
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/5/2008 10:18:25 PM
Well not being from the Detroit area I guess you would not know of the importance of probert in Detroit. His contributions in the late 80s. Were instumental to the success of the 90s. He still lives in Windsor and is immensly popular in the Detroit area.

As for Cherry being a bigot. Give your head a shake he is reafering to thier style of play.
And if he is a bigot why does he like Euros who play tough? answer because he is not a bigot!

As for the increase in head injuries, ask any doctor how often concussions were diagnosed, not just in hockey, but for ANYTHING, 20, 30, 40 years ago. I can tell you from experience that in the 70s, doctors had very little information on concussions, or any brain injuries for that matter.

So 20 years ago doctors couldn't diagnose a concussion?
Crazy!

I don't know what games you have been watching the past 20 years but fighting was drastically down. Last year Anaheim proved that you can fight and win. This year fights are up as a result.
The instigator rule is a terrible rule because it prevents teams from protecting their slilled players. You stick, run or goon someone and you used to pay a price. Gretzky got to do the things he did because of the open ice McSorley and Semenko created for him by their presence in the game. The instigator rule made that power play to important to take the chance.

Thank God Aneheim came along and brought back good old fashioned Canadian "Rock Em, Sock Em Hockey

One question prairie.... Ever play hockey?

"Everybody's a fan of his growing up; we all watched Coach's Corner. I'm his number one fan." –Joe Thornton
 Kaos86
Msg: 5327
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/6/2008 7:12:14 PM
Prairie you are the one that needs to reads posts more clearly. As for your concussion. I thought there were no concussions pre 1990? So you are a former House League hockey player and weekend warrier who now wants to clean up hockey because you were injured. Thank God you don't have a vote.

As for the bigot thing... give it arrest . Just because you disagree with his opinion does not make him a bigot. But by your definition it does make you one.

As for "Rck Em Sock Em Hockey" it's the only way to fly.
Probert, Koccur, Chelios, Shanahan, the "Grind" line. Watch out McCarty is making a comback. Here comes that Canadian leadership in Detroit.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5329
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/6/2008 9:54:31 PM
Again you need to take a remedial reading course.

Keep backpeddeling on the concussions.

I did not say Probert was on the Cup teams only that he was a part of the Wings long run of success.

I did state the instigator rule was brought in to curb fighting.

I did figure you for a houseleaguer just not a bigot!

I have no more comments regarding this as you are clearly still suffering from the head injury and wish not to cause you any more pain.
 tick tock
Msg: 5333
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/7/2008 7:29:36 AM
There are some people that are convinced that MacT is a lousy coach, but I think he has done an amazing job over the last few years considering what he has had to work with and with the injuries and all.

As for Phaneuf, a lot of Calgary fans thought that is more than they expected to pay him, but are happy that he is signed. I think they were expecting in the 5.5 to 6 million range per year.
 tick tock
Msg: 5335
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/7/2008 8:02:37 AM
So true, I think people easily forget how the Oilers went all the way to the finals 2 years ago...and it had everything to do with coaching. They dominated the faceoff circle, blocked passing/shooting lanes like no other team; blocked shots fearlessly like martyrs; worked their asses off from beginning to end; and forechecked and backchecked relentlessly. Not to mention, the "trap" strategy they used to upset the Wings in the first round was 100% designed by the coaching staff.

Hey, if the Oilers want to let go of MacT then power to the Leafs if they get him. He'll definitely help by squeezing the most of the assets they have and probably pushing the GM for trades on the weaker players.
 tick tock
Msg: 5337
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/7/2008 8:20:35 AM
Exactly what I was thinking and I believe, if memory serves me well, most commentators thought as well. I still remember how effective he was on a penalty kill. Yikes...what a workhorse he was!
 Kaos86
Msg: 5338
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/7/2008 5:47:11 PM
How great is it to hear D ick Irvin again. Now if only we could reunite him with Danny Gallivan one last time.
Wendal Clarke looks good. It's hard to believe the rumors about him.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5343
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/9/2008 11:02:03 AM
Here here Sly.

I totally agree but lets add Mats Sundin to that list of players who don't want to win. Why hasn't he waived the clause. In all fairness I don't blame the player for naming his destination once he has the clause.

The TO/ Wings game includes this thread?
Prairie how about that action on the Leafs/ Wings game today?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5345
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/9/2008 1:10:15 PM
The worst thing that could happen to the Leafs is to finish 8th or 9th.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >