Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 5348
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 59 of 310    (45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85)
Yup, they surprised me when they came back and tied it and then won it in overtime. Thought the Wings would feast on the Leafs today.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5349
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/9/2008 6:50:58 PM
 tick tock
Msg: 5350
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/9/2008 6:52:58 PM
^ Good point! Period.
 tick tock
Msg: 5351
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/11/2008 2:04:58 PM
Pretty scary injury to Zednik! I was out yesterday and didn't catch any of the sports highlights until now. I happened to be reading the stories on CNN.com and it was one of the lead stories. Wow! Reminds me of the goaltender (I think it was Malarchuk) who got his neck slashed open with a skate and almost bled to death on the ice. Just scary!

What do you guys think of the trade that Ottawa made today for Commodore and Stillman? They gave up Corvo and Eaves in exchange. Pretty big trade, but I'm undecided as to who came out ahead.
 Love_on_Fire
Msg: 5353
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:43:42 PM

Pretty scary injury to Zednik! I was out yesterday and didn't catch any of the sports highlights until now. I happened to be reading the stories on CNN.com and it was one of the lead stories. Wow! Reminds me of the goaltender (I think it was Malarchuk) who got his neck slashed open with a skate and almost bled to death on the ice. Just scary!

Thats right the last time something like this happened on NHL ice was in March 1989 when then Buffalo Sabres Goaltender Clint Malarchuk got a skate that severed his jugular artery and luckily he survived due to fast action by the medical team and he was back on the ice 10 days later!!.

This was, when I heard it on the news, I just was really shocked that it happened, but if you think about it, it's really amazing that this kind of stuff doesn't happen more offen, because guys don't wear neck protectors. It was almost 19 years since this sort of thing last happened on NHL ice, and again we are lucky it didn't happen more offen, but then risk IS there.

I think after this incident, they MUST have hockey players to have some sort of neck protectors because when this does happen, there is just too much at stake, and it is very terryfying for anyone and the rick is real.
 tick tock
Msg: 5354
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:59:32 PM
Very true. I just watched the 10 minute clip on youtube and I am surprised by how such a simple play, that we've seen many times before, resulted in nearly fatal consequences. You're right, I'm just surprised we haven't seen this injury happen more often. Anyway, I was quited impressed with the response of both teams and of the fans in Buffalo. They looked genuinely concerned throughout the waiting period when they were still deciding whether to cancel the rest of the game or not (this went on for quite some time) and then gave a rousing standing ovation when they announced that Zednick had been stabilized and was on his way to the hospital.
 tick tock
Msg: 5356
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/11/2008 5:21:03 PM

This shoud start the domino effect.

I can't wait! I've been waiting for someone to pull the trigger and start the ball rolling. It will be interesting to see what the main contenders do in response.
 tick tock
Msg: 5365
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/14/2008 11:14:14 PM
Yup, the Canes just lost their heart and soul. Hmmm...don't see them doing too well now.
 tick tock
Msg: 5369
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/16/2008 11:42:43 AM
Hmmm...the Wings have been as absent as Kaos from these forums lately

Anyway, I was sitting with a Wings fan yesterday and we were watching the Wings game and then we also stayed for the Flames game. He was so choked that he was cheering on every Columbus goal and hoping for more. I guess he was hoping that they would be so humiliated by a crushing defeat that they might wake up for the next game. It was quited evident that the team didn't show up...they were clearly getting beaten to every puck, the Jackets forwards were skating through 3 players untouched, and the Wings didn't counter with anything that involved work or risk....even their passes and positioning - usually something they're very good at - was completely off! I told this diehard Wings fan that this is the curse of the Wings team...the fact that they completely dominate early in the season and then coast during the most important part. This obviously carries through into the postseason, where they get stunned by teams that fought and clawed their way down the stretch and into the playoffs.
 tick tock
Msg: 5372
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/16/2008 1:10:07 PM
Agreed. If my team were to sneak into the playoffs, I'd much rather face off against the Wings than any of the other upper-echelon teams. All you have to do is aggressively forecheck their geriatric bones into submission and you'll have them running to dressing room to up their calcium dosage.
 tick tock
Msg: 5377
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/18/2008 10:42:39 AM
Sniper, I was at that game. Let me tell you, the battles in the stands were about as heated as the ones on the ice. Lots of Oil fans in attendance and there was some bad blood in the audience, for sure.
 BlueShirtBabe
Msg: 5382
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:21:10 PM
Yeah, I heard on HNIC Saturday night the red wings are cutting playoff ticket prices by up to 45% due to bad attendance......

I wish someone would take Jagr off the rangers hands.... But with that contract, I highly doubt it.......
 flipalou
Msg: 5383
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:37:38 PM
huge wings fan here..
it all started with the shot to the face that dan cleary took and its gone down hill from there. about the ticket prices, the decreasing ticket sales only for the first two rounds b/c the fans now that they will get to the 3rd round. all i ask is get rid of hasek. hes the worst belly flopper and sive there is. the game agains the leafs, please! lets lay down on our back oops the puck goes in. urggggghhhh the blake trade is a no go. hes staying put and putting "FOOTE" down on any trades. one thing is for sure, any leaf that comes to hockey town usa will defintely be better and will the stanley cup. book it danno
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >