Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 5563
Hockey anyone?Page 63 of 310    (49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89)
My list was a copy off of Wikipedia.
Not really a Flames fan so I could care less who is on it.
I did not realize Lanny had scored that many with the Flames.
and Yes Atlanta is to be included, it is the same franchise.
I do agree with McInnis as #1 he career is better than Iggy. That is not to take anything away from Iggy.

Leafs are really messing up the draft. Great players at 1 and 2. Typical Leafs. Cliff Fletcher wishes he had stayed at home now.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5573
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/14/2008 8:59:15 AM
When a coach sits his best players down the stretch it is tanking.
When a GM sell off valuable assets to gain younger new assets its called rebuilding. And that is smart.
When teams want to rebuild they dump older star players to get more in return.
There are many examples in all the major sports of this happening.
The Detroit Tigers in baseball stockpiled picks.
The Philadelphia Flyers last year in hockey.
It happens all the time.

For the most part the best players are at the top of the draft.
Chicago with Kane and Toews is a perfect example.
Dale McCourt had a terrific junior career but their have been many far better than him.
McCourt also had a couple of good years in Detroit.
Keep deluding yourself Sly this is terrible Leaf team.
When was the last time they made the playoffs. Blow it up to rebuild it.

This franchise has been a mess(on ice) since Harold Ballard stole it. The NHL should assume it and run it properly.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5576
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/15/2008 9:41:54 AM
Hull, Hasek and Chellios were not on the first 2 cup teams. When those three came to Detroit not many other Teams wanted them and they came to Detroit for less than there original teams.
The myth that Detroit bought cups is silly. The wings simply scout and draft better than most clubs. Its not the quantity of the picks on their roster its the Quality.

Thats why Toronto is awful even with their lousy regular seasons and subsequent high picks they have not drafted well. The franchise has been a mess since 67 a couple of average years does not overcome the on ice joke that the Maple Leafs have become.

Bottom line the Flyers are an up and coming team and the Leafs are floundering once again.

As for making other predictions I actually make very few... but anyone with hockey sense could tell at the beginning of the year that the Leafs were a non-playoff team, as I did.

I understand that their leader will sit out tonight...hmmm.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5582
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/16/2008 8:44:45 AM
I remember most hockey people predicting no playoffs for Leafs.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5584
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/16/2008 6:48:13 PM
I don't live in Detroit.
And I did not say sports writers.
I said hockey people.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5587
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/17/2008 6:40:30 AM
Prairie.. You should try watching HNIC, TSN, Sportsnet or listening to the Fan in Toronto. The hockey analysts on those were the ones predicting an early golf season for the Leaf Stagnation.

Bottom line last Sept I said no playoffs for the Leafs and I was right.
 tick tock
Msg: 5589
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/17/2008 8:54:59 AM
Interesting. Don Cherry did a piece on the last Coaches Corner where he ripped into the Leafs a bit for not drafting Cogliano. Apparently, they picked some "skinny goaltender" instead. He said it this kind of consistent bungling that has the Leafs in the situation they are now. The worst part is that he is from Toronto and they knew he had great potential even years ago. Oh well, I want to thank the Leafs organization for that oversight!
 tick tock
Msg: 5591
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:31:11 AM

Give me some guys that sound like hockey players...Pronger, Carter, Richards, Perry, Gagner etc. Why the hell can't we draft canadian kids the way the rest of the league does?

Yes Sly, you are correct. I believe that is exactly what Cherry was getting at when he was looking at all the woes in the Leaf organization and mocking them for not picking Cogliano. I think he even went to the extent of saying something like: "why would you pick him? He's Canadian. The horror."
 Kaos86
Msg: 5593
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:52:06 AM
Sly "diatribe"? Really Sly the lengthy posts of yours and Prairies are the only diatribes on this forum.
Thank you also for confirming my statements that all those hockey pundits predicted another hapless season for the Leafs.
It wasn't difficult.

Windsor Spitfires finish their season on a strong note. Tied with the Greyhounds for first. 2nd due to wins. The leadership of Mickey Renaud carried over for this inspired team after his death. Lets hope they have a long run to the Memorial Cup.
Meanwhile Mats Sundin sits out the biggest game of the year in Leaf Stagnation.

Toronto Maple Leafs Celebrating Mediocrity Since 1967!
 tick tock
Msg: 5599
view profile
History
TSN Power rankings
Posted: 3/18/2008 10:30:04 AM
^ Are you F'in serious?? Goes to show that they have no clue as to what they're talking about half the time. No injuries, my arse! I'm thinking there should be a trophy for a team that overcomes such adversity and elevates their level of play to compensate for missing key players. That's a good question...hmmm...this year's recipient would have to be the Oilers. The Nucks have had serious injuries as well, but their play has really diminished after they sustained those injuries.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5600
TSN Power rankings
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:07:30 AM
Whaaaaaaa my team gets no respect..... Whaaaaaaaa big bad TSN hates the West... Waaaaaa Oilers can't make the playoffs ... waaaaa waaaa waaaa

To be taken seriously at this point in the season you have to be in a playoff position. Respect is earned not appointed.

No argument with the defense list . Does Lidstrom move up with another Norris this year?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5602
TSN Power rankings
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:47:01 AM
When will the NHL get this punishment/suspension down? 8 games for Pronger is a joke. Hopefully he will now be neutered for the playoffs at the very least.

Leafs power ranking 26.
Toronto Maple Leafs Striving for Mediocrity Since 1967!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >