Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 5644
Thread: Hockey anyone? Page 65 of 310    (51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91)
It would be interesting if the Oilers learn to play defense.
First they have to get to 8th though. Wings will be waiting.

Leafs-Playoffs ... lol now there is an Oxymoron.
Did they not do the same thing last year.
It is amazing how good they are playing without their fearless leader.
Just think of where they would be if they had traded him earlier or just sent him home to Sweden.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5646
Thread: Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/23/2008 4:50:53 PM
Gee Calgary last year proved otherwise.
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 5647
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2008 5:37:05 PM
"foo fighters beat the Leafs 4-1 last night". Sorry, but the Leafs beat the Sabres 4-1 two nights ago and the Senators 5-4 last night. I'm not sure if this was a joke that went over my head. The Leafs are a playoff quality team that had a poor start and some bad breaks. With some luck or little bad luck and addition of a 30 goal scorer, which could happen with this year's draft pick, this team could do damage to the opposition in the playoffs. I don't think they could win the Stanley Cup but they could win the Eastern Conference.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5648
Posted: 3/23/2008 7:08:48 PM
Leafs one 30 goal scorer away from the Stanly Cup Final. Wasn't that supposed to be Blake this year?

Ya gotta love Leaf fans , ever the eternal optimists.
Just wait till next decade!
Prairie and Sly you wonder why I get a kick out of this?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5652
Posted: 3/24/2008 11:42:11 AM
Prairie I had not idea. You Get It!. I apologize.
Growing up in Windsor Ontario I was held captive by old weird Harold and the other child molesters down at the Gardens. We rarely got to see those great Habs teams of the 70s as Harold forced us to watch the Hapless Leafs.
Then in the 80s we were denied Gretzky.
I now accept my fate and rather enjoy the circus.
They already have the match up figured out. lol
Forgetting that they are still in 12th place!
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 5653
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2008 5:31:40 PM
The Leafs are a 30 goal scorer away from the Stanley Cup Final. Your weak response to that was "Wasn't that supposed to be Blake this year". Actually Blake was supposed to be a 40 goal scorer, but he didn't reach that. If he had the Leafs would be in the playoffs. Like I said they're a 30 goal scorer from winning the Eastern Conference. I still don't think they'd be good enough to win the Cup, but they would win the East. This year there is no dominent team in the East. Whoever makes the playoffs in the East has as good a chance as the top seeded team to make it to the finals. I would have to say the Eastern winner will NOT win the Stanley Cup. Being a Leaf fan I still would say they would NOT win, the East have no dominent teams.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5655
Posted: 3/24/2008 7:37:18 PM

Also...maybe you should try to figure out what they are away from a playoff spot, as opposed to "...away from a Stanley Cup Final".

He Shoots- He Scores !!!!!!!!!!!!
 ticatsleafsjaysfan
Msg: 5657
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2008 5:59:23 AM
This year the Leafs and any team in the East only have to find a playoff spot because after that making it to the finals is easier than any other year. As stated before and quite obvious there is no real dominent team in the East. The Habs are in 1st yet the Leafs are in 12th, but have a WINNING record against them(3-1-1). Isn't that clear enough to show that the East is pretty even and whoever makes it to the playoffs has as good a chance to make it to the finals ?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5658
Posted: 3/25/2008 7:30:16 AM
The Leafs got lucky it looks like Sundin will be out another night.

The Leafs will win the first round in 5 games over Montreal.
In the 2nd round they will sweep the Devils who will lose Broduer in game six of the first round.
Then in the Conference final they will sweep Pittsburgh when the taxi carrying Syd , Malkin, Stall and the Pittsburgh Zamboni driver crashes prior to game 1.

In the Stanley Cup final, Detroit trounces the Hapless Leafs 48-1 in a 4 game sweep. The only Laugh goal comes when Mike Babcock falls into a trance and pulls goalie Jim Howard in the first minute of game 1. The Wings play with no net minder the rest of the series. Steve Yzerman feeling sorry for turning down the Laughs offer of team Czar comes out of retirement to sign with the Leafs and score their only goal of the series into an empty net with 10 seconds left. Yzerman after ripping the "C" off of Matt Sundin's shirt staples it to the head of Richard Peddie while shouting "this is for Keon, Sittler and Clark"!

"HEY THIS IS MY DREAM"!

Foo Fighters
 Kaos86
Msg: 5664
Posted: 3/25/2008 2:58:16 PM
To sum up the Leafs chances...

if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF.
if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF. if, If,IF.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50* Fahrenheit (10* C) New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
Canadians plant gardens.
40* Fahrenheit (4.4*C) Californians shiver uncontrollably.
Canadians sunbathe.
35* Fahrenheit (1.6*C) Italian cars won't start. Canadians drive
with the windows down.
32* Fahrenheit (0* C) Distilled water freezes. Canadian water gets
thicker.
0* Fahrenheit (-17.9*C) New York city landlords finally turn on the
heat. Canadians have the last cookout of the season.
-40* Fahrenheit (-40* C) Hollywood disintegrates. Canadians rent
some videos.
-60* Fahrenheit (-51* C) Mt. St. Helens freezes. Canadian Girl
Guides sell cookies door-to-door.
-100* Fahrenheit (-73* C) Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Canadians pull down their ear flaps.
-173* Fahrenheit (-114*C) Ethyl Alcohol freezes. Canadians get
frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.
-460* Fahrenheit (-273*C) Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"
-500* Fahrenheit (-295* C) Hell freezes over. The Toronto Maple
Leafs win the Stanley Cup
 Kaos86
Msg: 5666
Posted: 3/25/2008 4:18:52 PM
My pick for the Cup would be either San Jose or Anaheim.
Anaheim to me is he favorite.
San Jose never seems to get it done in the playoffs. Its time for them to get past the 2nd round. (but not if they meet Detroit)
Toronto's biggest break was having Sundin sit out again.

As for purple microdot the only ones on that sh it also believe the Leafs will make the playoffs.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5671
Posted: 3/25/2008 8:39:40 PM
Unbelievable Sly.
They haven't made the payoffs in eons and you think they are ok.
Ya gotta love Leafs fans.

The Laughs will cruise through 50 years. easily!
'
"Toronto Maple Leafs Striving To Be Mediocre(at best) Since 1967"
 Kaos86
Msg: 5676
Posted: 3/26/2008 7:06:36 AM
Ok enough mediocre Leaf talk back to teams that actually want to win a Cup at some point this century.

The Pens are impressive. Potvin looks to finally have his act together. But will Sid the Kid's return help or hurt the roll they are on?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5682
Posted: 3/26/2008 11:49:24 AM
Wow it must be exhausting trying to figure out all of the possible scenarios for getting your teams into the playoffs.
I am tired from just reading this crap.
Lets get back to some thing interesting like uhm.... I don't know... oh ya ... Leafs Suck!

But really kids... How about Stamkos? He killed my Spits last night with 4 goals. And he should not of been playing!
Kings are getting a good one!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >