Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 5733
view profile
History
Thread: Hockey anyone? Page 67 of 310    (53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93)
^ Yes, but the 8th spot was the Nucks to lose...and they did it in grande style! If the Nuckers didn't crap the bed, there would have been no chance for the lowly Preds to catch them. Their last few "most important games of year" have been downright embarrasing.
 tick tock
Msg: 5736
view profile
History
Thread: Hockey anyone?
Posted: 3/29/2008 3:26:44 PM
Unfortunately, the Avs own the season series. Most of their victories came early in the season when they were relatively healthy and exploited the young Oilers before they manged to gel as a team and find their offensive touch. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the Flames will walk all over the Nucks in both games, so the Nucks are out for sure. I think our only chance of making it, would be for us to run the table on the remaining games and hope that Nashville loses two (or hopefully all ) of their remaining games. If we win tonight, we are tied with Nashville in points and we have more wins, but they have two games in hand after our game tonight. Yikes! Need the Wings to clobber them tomorrow and hope that the Blues and Blackhawks play like spoilers against Nashville.
 tick tock
Msg: 5740
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2008 1:40:08 PM
Yes, true that. Amazingly, the Oilers have played so well and their offence has exploded so much, that they've become the 8th highest scoring team in the league and second in our conference...we're tied with Washington for 231 goals. If you look back just over a month ago, our goals-for were way down at the bottom of the league and the Oil have scored almost 4 goals a game for approximately the last 20 games to get where we are now...ironically, we have given up pretty close to 3 goals a game during this same stretch. Whatever works!
 tick tock
Msg: 5757
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 1:46:07 PM
Should be a good game, Smack! The two BOA teams playing for something and both desperate to win this game. All the right conditions are there for an intense and meaningful game for both sides. Obviously this game means more for the Oilers, but the Flames still want that division title and after two defeats from hated rivals and at such a crucial time of year, you can bet Keenan will be bringing out the whip.
 tick tock
Msg: 5765
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 8:56:32 PM
Gotta admit, Smack. This Oiler team will only be much better next year and they will be a terror in the Northwest. Half the team injured (mostly veterans) and Hemmer out of this game, and these young rookies and acquisitions outplayed the Flames bigtime over large stretches - especially the third period. See ya guys on the golf course in about 3 weeks.
 tick tock
Msg: 5767
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2008 10:24:21 PM
Nah, you can't compare us to the Leafs. This run was quite different than theirs. As for meeting up with us in the playoffs this year, you would have had to make it past the first round. Sorry. Actually, I still wonder how 2006 would have been if the Flames had managed to knock off the Ducks. It's been waaaaaaaaayyy too long since we've had a playoff BOA! Could you imagine how nuts Edmonton and Calgary would be? I remember the last time (1990) and I went nuts when Tikkanen scored in overtime of Game 7 to send us on to what eventually would be the Stanley Cup.
 tick tock
Msg: 5769
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 12:24:00 AM
I'm working on the time travel, smack. I agree, though, I'd like to see those teams from those years go head to head.

I think your chances of catching the Wild are pretty slim. You'd have to hope they don't get more than a point over the next two games...and that's IF you win your remaining two games. It is possible because the Flames do seem to have the Wilds number this year and then they have to play the Avs who are really coming together at the right time. If the Flames drop even one game, then it's over...I'm thinking that game against the Nucks will be heavily contested and Luongo can be an X factor when he's on his game.
 tick tock
Msg: 5771
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:29:57 AM
Not many choices when it comes to Canadian teams that might go deep. Yikes! I'm thinking Montreal likely could go a few rounds, but other than that...haven't seen anything that would convince me otherwise. If the Oilers had made it, I could see them giving the Wings fits, but they are too young and probably would get exposed by either San Jose or Anaheim or the Avs.

PS. It must really suck to be a Sens fan right now. lol
 tick tock
Msg: 5773
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2008 9:54:16 AM
^ Yes, there is a possibility. And that would be so horrible for us Oiler fans to see them get knocked out, wouldn't it?
I can see Nashville creeping into a spot, but the Nucks would have to pull up they're socks or it will be their spot that's given up. Should be an interesting finish.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5775
Posted: 4/2/2008 11:33:44 AM

half the newspaper columns have titles now like "Mats Come Back"

Not the newspaper stories I read. In fact most of the callers to the radio shows and most of the columnists are unanimous in want ting the Leafs to cut ties with several players and especially Sundin.
The cap room they would save would allow them to rebuild quicker. That is if they had a credible front office to move forward.

Nose bleed tickets were going for $250 last night in front of the Rexall. Phaneuf got burned badly on that goal last night. He is improving but not ready for Norris yet.
 tick tock
Msg: 5779
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2008 1:54:03 PM
That's a good story, smack. Out of curiousity, what did you do to piss off Nemo? He seems like he enjoys smack (pun intended) talk and doesn't get ruffled too easily. Did you call him a poor man's Esa Tikkanen?

Go Tampa! I'd love to see Washington make it into the playoffs...but the Lightning need to take care of the Canes tonight in order for that to help the Caps. Also, I'd like to see the Bruins lose tonight.

Here is a scenario that I bet none of you guys thought of. The Chicago Blackhawks still have an outside chance of getting the last playoff spot in the west. It didn't even occur to me and then someone posted it on another website. For that to happen, Chicago has to win all three remaining games, starting with the Wings tonight and the Preds and Nucks have to lose both of their remaining games.
 tick tock
Msg: 5781
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2008 3:45:58 PM
That is pretty funny! I wonder why he'd be angry about that? You think he'd high five you. Maybe he was just pissed because he stumbled in public and thought you were laughing at him. Not like you have to worry anyway, he might only cheapshot you when you weren't looking, but he'd never fight you.

Anyway, I'm surprised at how many players have been smokers and performed at such a high level. Weird! Lemieux, Fleury, Kipper, and even Nemo (in that he can skate and keep up the intensity on the ice). When I tore my ACL a few years back, one of my physiotherapists does physicals for Team Canada and for some of the NHL clubs at training camp. He was telling me how Fleury would smoke before he came in and then light one up as soon as he was done.

2004 Official Flames Team Photo:

tick tock
Msg: 5783
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:21:41 PM
Ok...the Flyers and the Penguins clearly do not like each other. Anyone watching the game? Pretty gritty and lots of bad blood between the two teams. Watching the fight between Big Georges and Cote made me realize how much I miss the guy on our team. He clearly is needed in the Oilers lineup, especially with all the liberties taken against guys like Hemsky.
 tick tock
Msg: 5785
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2008 5:43:56 PM
Didn't know he was 4-0 against the Bogeyman! Wow!! Could have used him last night to dismantle Regher and then flatten Iggy for good measure. Oh well, I'm sure that Lowe will be looking for some toughness in the summer.

Holy moly! Already one broken nose in this game and then Gonchar, of all people, elbows Hartnell in the face drawing blood, but no penalty. Crosby has been punched twice in the back of the head and Hartnell elbowed him to the throat and it's not even half over. I like this game. Bobby Clarke must be smiling...oh wait! They just showed him and he is.
 tick tock
Msg: 5787
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2008 7:02:58 PM
That's pretty interesting. I'll have to search for video clips. I just checked the official stats on both of them and it looks like Laraque has disproportionately large body mass (obviously muscle) when compared to Boogard. Here's how they stack up:

Boogard 25 years old 6'7" 258 lbs
Laraque 31 years old 6'3" 243 lbs

edit: as for Laraque leaving Edmonton, I think he let his celebrity status in Edmonton get to his head. He was loved and, if memory serves me well, he wanted more money. Another disconcerting thing about his play was that he actually started thinking he was a goal scorer rather than the hired muscle.
 tick tock
Msg: 5789
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/2/2008 7:17:27 PM
Hey lady, nice to see you again. Well, you'll have to cheer for the following to happen:

1) Thursday:
Wild win against the Flames
Nucks win their game against Edmonton
Predators beat the Blues

2)Friday
Predators beat Chicago

3)Saturday
Nucks beat the Flames on Saturday.

Then the Nucks and Predators would be in and the Flames out. Oh yeah, all the Flames losses HAVE to be in regulation time because if they get even 1 point then they automatically clinch a right to be eliminated in the first round...errrr...I mean, playoff spot.

I expect you to start hexing the Flames soon...I'm working on it myself. lol
 Kaos86
Msg: 5795
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/3/2008 11:31:14 AM
No trade clauses are both "coach and GM killers". See... Toronto!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >