Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 5807
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 68 of 310    (54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94)

ohhh i love you guys bugg and tick, your hate for the flames brings me so much joy. man do i love the battle of alberta!!!!! i always woundered if you oiler fans hated the flames as we hate the oilers. your thinking and then cheering for us to not get in is such a romantic idea.

i felt like a cheesy comic book villian in 06 after cheering for every single team the oilers faced. meh my wings failed but take on my sharks. blasted oilers you will never beat the ducks...what well try the caines on for size......YES YES Y....E....S, caines started out great then what no a oilers come back is not going to happen. i must say that game 7 was a hell of a hockey game. i still feel that if the oilers didnt completly shell the caines in game 6 they may have won the cup. seeing the oilers in tears when the dust settled brought me so much joy.

BOA, baby! You gotta admit, it would be boring without the hatred. I actually remember your posts during that playoff run and I remember what many Flames fans were hoping for in every round. Lol...I was the biggest fan of every team you guys faced in the 2004 run as well. I think I almost bought a Lightning jersey after they won the cup.
 tick tock
Msg: 5827
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/4/2008 10:08:54 PM
God I love it! I'm happy that the Caps are in and hope they do some damage. They still have to clinch, but I'm sure they'll get the extra point in the next game.

Anyway, the Flames are in tough and you would almost think that they'd be better off facing off against the Wings, but it's too late to do anything about that now. Almost every fan of the lower rung teams have said they would rather face the Wings than any of the top tier teams. Kinda makes you wonder if the Preds intentially dropped their game tonight to ensure that matchup.

^^^ are you fuking kidding?!.............i'd run over that guy if i seen him jaywalking...!!

You're generous. I'd do it even without the jaywalking.
 tick tock
Msg: 5834
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 12:12:57 AM

red and me and you could walk into the sunset

Awwww....you really know how to romance the women, smack and sweep them off their feet. Speaking of sweep, Sharks in 4!

Just kidding, smack...don't get your panties in a bunch. I think Kipper might steal one game.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5836
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 8:49:35 AM

go leafs ,,well maybe next year

Maybe next decade... maybe next century?

Did Bell get anything for that vicious elbow on Alfredson the other night?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5839
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 9:53:30 AM
Sly I don't know what the heck you are talking about regarding other hits.
I simply asked a question.

They replayed it many times last night on "Off the Record", but as I was sitting in an Edmonton bar I did not here the discussion nor did I see the game the night before. I don't know what the outcome of that hit was. Did anyone go after Bell did he get a penalty?.
It was a blind side elbow to the head.

I referee a lot of hockey and I am extremely subjective. I saw that hit 10 times last night and I saw elbowing every time.
I would have awarded a Major for elbowing.

I don't care if it was the Leafs or the Puce Puppy Dogs, elbowing is elbowing!

Did he get a penalty on the play?
 Kaos86
Msg: 5841
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 10:21:20 AM
Stevens hit Lindros with the shoulder.
Bell's hit was with the elbow elbow. Big difference. The elbow wasn't out far but it is all that made contact. I have seen much worse but it was bad.
I would have called it five with no suspension.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5843
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 10:51:19 AM
I just looked at the Lindros hit and yes I would say elbowing.

The Bell hit is clearly an elbow. Look at the replay here. It's all elbow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPQRGgcPi-0

Why does Bell have the mask on?
The Toronto homers calling this game are annoying.
Millen is the worst.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5845
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 11:23:08 AM
I just think Millen is brutal.

He makes many mistakes and even when the replay clearly shows he is wrong(as with the Bell hit) he never corrects himself.
 tick tock
Msg: 5847
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 1:15:05 PM
On the Bell hit, here is a longer clip with better quality. Tucker wanted to fight Heatly afterwards and then they keep jawing at each other while in the penalty boxes.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wdkJs_bOqXU&feature=related
 tick tock
Msg: 5853
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 5:03:31 PM
Wow! Interesting words from Cherry on Bell and Cooke. It's about time someone called out Cooke on his dirty, dirty plays. Interesting how he singled out two former Nucks for his distinction between a pest (Ruutu) and dirty player (Cooke). As for Bell, he said that the hit was basically legal, but there's just something about the hit that "doesn't feel right".

As for Cooke, I remember before they traded him, even the local radio stations were critical of him. It was after that fight-filled Oiler/Nucks tilt, they were commenting on a dirty hit by Cooke on one of the new Oiler players which basically aggravated what was already a nasty game. Sadly, Cooke did his usual and ran away from any controversy and basically sat out the last few minutes of the game, which was essentially one scrum after another. You know things are bad when even the Vancouver commentators are disgusted by him and telling him to man up and fight once in a while instead of letting the rest of his team face the wrath.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >