Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tick tock
Msg: 5854
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?Page 69 of 310    (55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95)
Haha!! Great crowd in Montreal tonight...already singing the goodbye song with 10 minutes left in the game. Gotta admit, the crowd has been amazing for the Habs all year long. I'd love to catch a game there.
 tick tock
Msg: 5856
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 6:57:59 PM
Yeah...I was kind of surprised that McCabe did that with the game and season over, there really was no point to it. It will be interesting to see what the Leafs will do over the off season.
 tick tock
Msg: 5858
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 7:54:47 PM
So true...one of the few Nucks that I've come to respect over the years. I actually feel sorry for him. Too bad he didn't win in '94.

Speaking of dirty, I love that clip where Chelios crosschecks Kane like 8 times and then looks suprised when they finally call a penalty on him.
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 5860
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/5/2008 9:29:57 PM
That was classy!! I am a Flames and a Canucks fan and Linden is my second cousin...I got pretty teary eyed here!
 tick tock
Msg: 5862
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/6/2008 3:21:24 AM
Other than when the Oilers have set foot on that ice, that's one of the classiest things I've ever seen at GM Place. Very touching! Even I (I know, hard to believe!) was a little teary eyed for old Trevor Linden. Regardless of the franchise and what it's come to represent, he was something special. Sad to see him go out in such a crappy season and in such a crappy fashion, but that's the nature of the beast. Can't believe the Nuckleheads couldn't muster up more of an effort for his last game...how typical!
 Kaos86
Msg: 5863
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/6/2008 9:43:30 AM
Well I disagree I don't think the Bell hit had any shoulder at all. All elbow.
First round predictions tonight.

What a day today Red Wings on at 10:30 and the Tigers at 4:30. I will be parked in front of a TV all day.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5866
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/6/2008 2:31:51 PM
Well at lunch time I had Steak and Eggs and 2 pints with a Wing victory. For dinner I see a caesar salad 2 more pints and a Justin Verlander led Tiger victory.

What a day!
 tick tock
Msg: 5872
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/7/2008 1:17:05 AM
Awww...I love ya lady. That's my girl! I'll join you in saying that mantra on a daily basis. Sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep...go Sharks go!! I know that Smack would truly respect the rivalry we have.
 tick tock
Msg: 5874
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/7/2008 10:14:54 AM
Who cares about the keyboard? What about the beer???!! Is it ok?

Anyway, two more sleeps before you hear the theme song from Jaws. Just looked at the schedule and it looks like the playoff schedule for the Flames/Sharks is a little whacky, no?
 tick tock
Msg: 5880
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/7/2008 1:53:33 PM
Let's not forget those other riveting and thrilling sports from merry ol' England: cricket and polo. Wow! And how could I forget the rioting thugs of football who beat each other senseless and hurl plastic cups full of urine onto the fans below? I guess we have a long way to go over here. Pip, Pip, Cheerio!!
 tick tock
Msg: 5883
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/8/2008 1:00:05 PM
hello tick tock
not everyone throws urine onto visiting fans,sometimes its cups of steaming hot bovril or maybe the odd cup of pepsi(on a good day)

Wow! That changes everything. I stand corrected.

anyway only sad blokes play cricket as it is so boring.only very posh people play polo as the masses do not all own horses.contrary to popular american thinking we do not all live in quaint country cottages with roses round the door.indeed some of our more unsavoury characters have taken up the quaint old american 'sport' of shooting each other.

Now there's a man's sport that I can truly respect. What happened the doing the good ol' Jack the Ripper on someone at a pub with a broken pint glass? Oh yeah, they had to changed how they manufactured pint glasses a few years back because of all the blood and gore. Silly me, I forgot.
 tick tock
Msg: 5885
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/9/2008 12:02:42 AM
Sorry, pundit. Every now and then I have my moments.

I'm all pumped up about the playoffs tomorrow. Should be very, very interesting. Weird scheduling though...I don't think the Caps play until the third day, Friday.
 tick tock
Msg: 5891
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/10/2008 9:44:11 PM
Well, the expected happened in San Jose, but what the Duck happened in Anaheim tonight?? Stars powerplay is firing on all cylinders.
 tick tock
Msg: 5893
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:02:51 PM
the expected i didnt know the sharts were sexpected to get 8 power plays in a row.what a weak powerplay they have though 1-10.

lol @ "sexpected"... you've got a dirty mind, smack...don't smack it too hard

Anyway, I would say the only reason that they were 1-10 is that they telegraph on their powerplay, the Flames had a decent penalty kill (Yelle tonight was a standout) and, obviously, Kipper made some phenomenal saves. I don't know about the rest of your post, though. You honestly think the Flames can easily win against the Sharks that are putting double the amount of shots on net as your team? I think the keys to any Flames victory, if they are to win the series, are as follows:

1) Jump all over the Sharks in the first few minutes of period 1 and score. The Sharks seem to have very slow starts, but then pick up their pace after the first 5-10 minutes of period 1. You absolutely have to take advantage of that trend if it continues.

2) Hope that Kipper can continue his stellar play to hold that lead.

3) STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!!!!!
 tick tock
Msg: 5895
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:35:48 PM
Kipper >> Nabokov without a doubt, but Naby looked pretty stellar tonight. Mind you, he didn't face nearly as many shots as Kipper did. I have to say that Nabokov absolutely robbed the Flames two or three times tonight.

If this series does go 7 games, the winner is going to pretty banged up. They are punishing each other pretty good...not unlike what they did to the Oilers 2 years ago, but we all know who won that battle. Out of curiousity, how did the Sharks fans come to dislike Phaneuf so much? I can't seem to recall any nastiness between him and any Sharks players over the years???

PS. This ought to cheer you up. After the Oil eliminated the Nucks and the Flames spanked them in the last game of the season, it seems their fans are desperate to talk about anything Nucks related. Hehe...this takes the cake, though:

http://forum.canucks.com/index.php?showtopic=198284
 tick tock
Msg: 5897
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/10/2008 10:52:35 PM
Actually, I kind of like that, smack. Not a bad idea at all! Speaking of AO, the talk shows have been raving about him today on the Team 1040 in Vancouver. He's probably a lock for the MVP. It would be interesting to see both the Penguins and the Caps get past the first round and meet up in the playoffs.
 tick tock
Msg: 5899
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/10/2008 11:02:21 PM
Why write to the CBC? Why not write directly to the Caps organization? Heck, you might even get first-class tickets to Washington to catch one of their games, plus royalties. You just never know.
 Kaos86
Msg: 5901
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 4/12/2008 11:56:17 AM
Wings looking good.
McCarty brings that element of Canadian leadership and heart that they need.
Tootoo is one sick little puppy. After a late shot by him he crashes the stick over Stuarts head. sick!
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >