Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 6482
Hockey anyone?Page 74 of 310    (60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100)
Matt Sundin still has not made up his mind if he wants to play in the NHL another season. Not only that he is not sure if he will comes back but he is also not sure of who he will play for.

If Sundin were a good captain he would rule out all other teams and only consider Toronto. The captain is supposed to be a leader. This is leadership?

Why would the Leafs want him back.
This has been your Captain for aprox. the last 10 seasons.
The captain is not sure he wants to play for you?

Toronto should cut and run however if they do sign him I would hope Mr Fletcher removes the no trade clause then trades his ass to Atlanta!

This organization has had some great captains...Hap Day, Syl Apps, George Armstrong, Keon, Sitler and some not so great Bob Davidson, Sid Smith, Sundin...Who will be the next captain of the Leafs?
 Kaos86
Msg: 6484
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/25/2008 7:04:11 AM
Loyalty does not equate Leadership!
 Kaos86
Msg: 6490
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:32:30 PM
If Sundin is so loyal why hasn't he ruled out Montreal and Vanc0uver.

Sundin is all about Sundin!
With leadership like that you get early springs in the fatherland!
 Kaos86
Msg: 6492
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:41:02 PM
Would they have won the cup if they had Armstrong and Christensen instead of Hossa?

Considering Hossa was their best player in the Final... I doubt it.
 Kaos86
Msg: 6495
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/25/2008 12:57:57 PM
Hossa had 3 goals and 7 points in the final. With three goals in the final 3 games.
Crosby 2 goals and 6 points. With no goals in the the last 3 games.
Hossa was their best.

It's a crap shoot when you go after an unrestricted player at the trade deadline.
The gamble got them to the final and every team(that desires to win the Cup) in the league would take that risk. Excluded of course ...Toronto and Calgary!
 Kaos86
Msg: 6497
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/25/2008 2:00:45 PM
Possibly or maybe Hossa will like it in Detroit and play for less as others have done.
Thats why Detroit has stayed on top. Winning players have wanted to be there and sign for less to be a part of the best organization in the NHL.
 Kaos86
Msg: 6499
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 7/25/2008 2:14:31 PM
Time will tell.
It's a no lose situation for Ken Holland.
You get a proven goal scorer on the last year of a contract who wants to be there.
In the meantime a repeat is fine in Detroit.
Cup number 12 on the way.
 Kaos86
Msg: 6501
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 9/10/2008 6:25:42 AM
This just in....
Bulgaria womens ice hockey team... 7 Toronto Maple Leafs 0,
Mats Sundin announces he will grow out his blond locks and play for the Bulgarian Womans National Team stating "I am their captain and I will lead them to last place in the Olympics"!
 Kaos86
Msg: 6504
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:08:42 AM
I thought that was the problem last year... they all had their thumbs up their asses.
Sundin still does!
 Kaos86
Msg: 6512
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/4/2008 3:37:35 PM
Ten Questions for the NHL season.

10. Will the Leafs make it to 10 wins by seasons end?
9. Will the new leaner Carey Price lead Montreal to a Cup final?
8. Will Chicago's young guns get them into the playoffs?
7. Will the Ducks continue to retreat under the leadership of Brian Burke?
6. Will Darren McCarty kick the crap out of Claude Lemieux just for old times sake?
5. Can Kiprusoff turn his career around now that Calgary actually has a team in front of him?
4. When will Luongo receive his first penalty for leaving the crease and racing down the ice to argue a referee's call?
3. Will Pittsburg break a 25 year jinx for NHL cup losers and get back to the finals this year?
2. Will the Leafs win 5 games by seasons end?

And the number one question headed into the NHL season is.....

1. Will the Wings hold two parades next spring when they repeat?

"Go Wings"
In Stanley We Trust!
 evad6230
Msg: 6514
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/6/2008 7:25:32 PM
Well, if the Pens don't start to score on the pp, they can watch the playoffs this year at home.
 tick tock
Msg: 6516
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/7/2008 12:46:52 PM
smack wrote: "^^^^yes 2 games into the season and they may be done. hahaha"

ok

smack wrote:"really looking forward to this season its going to be a battle for the basement between the oilers and leaves."

huh?

Tsk tsk smack, contradicting yourself ... how can you be so sure the Oilers will be at the bottom of the league this early in the game. Many think they will do much better than last year. I guess only the regular season will tell.
 evad6230
Msg: 6517
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:13:34 PM
Smack, if that's your real name, I just think they need to get the pp going and I think they will. I'm still on the band wagon, just stating the obvious. No power play, no playoffs.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 6518
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/7/2008 7:14:50 PM
Go Penguins!!!!!

After coming so close last year, I'm really excited about our chances this year.

Things are looking up for the penguins we got a new arena coming soon and the we are going to be even more better then we were last year.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 6520
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:36:08 PM
How are they going way down hill now when people didn't even predict them to go to the Stanley cup in the first place last year? Do you show your lack of sports knowledge in every sport you talk about? First it was football and now this. Seriously dude.......
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 6522
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/7/2008 10:24:50 PM
Where did I say "way" more better?

even more better

Seriously, do you just read what you want to read?

So, just because you have been to more sporting events then I have, automatically makes you more knowledgeable?

Any Joe can go to many sporting events, that doesn't mean anything in terms of knowing more then someone else. Seriously how far are you reaching here?

The Penguins were the 4th safest bet to go all the way last season? Try 10th.

Current Stanley Cup odds on Teams to win the 2007-08 Stanley Cup as of August 8th 2007.

Anaheim Mighty Ducks +725
San Jose Sharks +1015
Detroit Red Wings +815
Nashville Predators +1845
Vancouver Canucks +1615
Dallas Stars +2050
Calgary Flames +2050
Buffalo Sabres +1415
Ottawa Senators +885
Pittsburgh Penguins +1215
New Jersey Devils +2045
Atlanta Thrashers +2250
New York Rangers +1215
Toronto Maple Leafs +3050
Carolina Hurricanes +3050
New York Islanders +4050
Florida Panthers +4550
Colorado Avalanche +1815
Edmonton Oilers +5250
Montreal Canadiens +2850
Philadelphia Flyers +2550

http://www.phoenixsports.com/nhl/Stanley-Cup-Odds.shtml

^ Which is in direct association to the Las Vegas gambling committee, which means that those were the actual Vegas odds from Aug 2007.

AND I have a better than Grade 6 vocabulary, to boot.

Are you serious?

Sorry, but after you lost that guy to Detroit, your chances went way downhill.
What is his name?
You know the guy.
Oh yeah.
TY CONKLIN

Yeah, you should be the last one to talk about anyone’s grade school vocab. Not to mention debating like a grade schooler by putting personal insults into your debates, just because you have a hard enough time being intelligent to debate me other wise. Next time, try not to be so hypocritical, it helps.....

If you honestly believe I was serious in saying the loss of Ty Conklin was going to affect the Pittsburgh Penguins in an adverse manner.

WTF? I was replying to your response about the Penguins going down hill Mr. "you can win a Superbowl with a bad QB." HA. Yeah, don’t talk about me being none educated in a sport or anything else for that matter. Oh, that’s right, you have gone to more sporting events then I have, so you must be more knowledgeable ………

SteelCity1981
Msg: 6525
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/8/2008 5:36:57 AM
Me a Fool? LOL lets not be hypocritical. Seriously you don't see a diff between "even better" and "way better"?

I’m just amazed that you can use a computer at your age. Have they made it that much easier over the years?

Hey, at least I can admit when I’m wrong with the statistics, but Jesus at least I’m not still posting completely ridiculous garbage that doesn't make any sense over in the football forums, like you have done that so many other people have pointed out to you already and you still won't admit that you are wrong.
 Kaos86
Msg: 6527
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/8/2008 12:14:40 PM
Wow....
This is great and I haven't ebven got involved yet.
Although Lord Smack(lol) is tempting me.
This is more, even better than last season!

Go Wings!
"In Stanly We Trust!"
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 6529
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/8/2008 2:18:20 PM
Nice way of spinning it, you said and I quote "you can win the superbowl with a bad qb" Name one bad QB that has went through the season, got their teams to the playoffs and won a superbowl, just one?

LOL, you have proven me wrong in football? Where? Last time I checked me and everyone else were making you look like a fool with that statement of yours and you still won't admit that you screwed up after the pounding that you took, of course your from Canada, so that doesn't shock me with your lack of anything in regards to the NFL.

Hey, don’t' be jealous that I can't take off my shirt without people mistaking my cheast as breast.

You have proved nothing about the pens. So I got the poll figures wrong at first big fing deal is that all you got? LOL. You have no facts other then that. All you are saying about the pens is typical opinionated BS. Who is your NHL team? So we can compare them; I guarantee whoever they are minus the Red Wings that they weren't better then the Pens last season.
 Kaos86
Msg: 6530
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/8/2008 3:07:53 PM
Doug Williams?

The last time a team that lost the Cup Final the previous year and went back to the Cup Final the next year was the 84 Oilers, so history is not on the Penguins side.

Losing Hossa and Malone will be huge for Pitt.
Also can Malkin rebound from the pounding he took in the playoffs.
He was not the same after that check and other teams know it.
 DonnyDude
Msg: 6532
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/8/2008 3:48:11 PM
Nice smack talk to start the '08-'09 season!

The Penns did little to improve their roster this year. Satan is very week in the corners and my guess is that Sid the Kid will lobby to have him traded by mid-year. Malkin is fun to watch and Tyler Kennedy certainly showed some grit in the first two games against the Senns but Hossa was a big loss, even Sid acknowledges as much.

The biggest blow to the Penns was the loss of Gonchar & Whitney (due to injury) at the point. I don't think Letang has enough offense yet to contribute on the power-play and fill in for Sergie & Ryan while they are mending their wounds. He already had a bad give away that resulted in a short-handed goal by Spezza.

The Wing's on paper look like a lock to repeat as cup champs...but we all know the game is played on ice and not paper, so it should make for one helluva season.

I think the Yotes might be the surprise pick to make the playoffs this year with a good combination of youth (Mueller, Turris, Porter, Tikhanov), and veteran's (Doan, Jovanoski, Jokinen).
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 6534
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 10/8/2008 7:03:28 PM
Are you that ignorant about the NFL? You were talking smack about the Giants being 4-0 but yet you say that any team with a bad QB can win a superbowl? This is totally bogus to anyone that’s a real fan of the NFL. Just how many times did you get hammered for that comment again? I mean, this is how clueless you truly are when it comes to the NFL. You can’t have a great defense and a bad QB and think that you are going to win the superbowl. Like I said name one bad QB that has taken their team to the superbowl and won it? I’ll answer that for you, NONE.

Ha, at least I’m not ignorant enough to think a bad QB can take a team to the superbowl or a team that won the superbowl is overrated when they have been playing better then even last year. Dude, seriously, at least what I’m saying about the Pens is in the realm of possibility, where you are just being completely bogus in the NFL topics. Again, how many people pointed that out to you?

Yeah, I’ve heard of that term so why are you the one bringing the knife in the NFL gun fights? The hypocrisy continues dude.

I don’t know you tell me breast man.

Wait a minute; you just said that the penguins are going downhill from here. I read that perfectly in your first post towards me. Under what grounds can you state that as a fact?

My skills in sports are bad, Is some sort of joke? You couldn’t debate your way out of a paper bag in the NFL topics.

So if my debating skills are pathetic then yours must be deplorable, considering I have you have made so many hypocritical statements, I stopped laughing two post back.

You’re too fun to mess with, because you get bent out of shape. Calm down it's cool. LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >