Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tick Tock
Msg: 937
Hockey anyone?Page 9 of 310    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

well the wings were woren out from playing the two top in the northwest conference...

you mean from playing the number 1 and 2 teams respectively.

k...now where's my baby...i feel like smoochin...!

let the smooching commence.....smmmmmoooooooooooccccchhh

Tick Tock
Msg: 942
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:01:50 PM
the oilers are in 8th place and by the looks of this game... well hate to say it, but they look like their get up and go ...got up and went

what was that you were saying??? huh? see cat...you can never count the Oil out..hehe...

by the way, you better mark nov. 25th on your calender...that's the day Pronger will hit the flamers so hard, he'll squish Iggy into Twiggy

its a good thing your her love... her mistress just isnt doing it

ah...the mistress works in mysterious ways.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 956
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:41:29 PM
I do believe that Edmonton could take your team in the playoffs. Definitely.

Amen Char...they are not the wings of yesteryear...i don't think they'll fare well against any young, aggressive, fast, forechecking team that has an iota of talent.

Detroit ran outta gas last nite and blew it. And Ive seen them down 0-2 in a series and come out 4-2 winners in the end.

Ah yes saiyan...i still have painful memories of Cloutier letting that transatlantic goal in! And the rest, as they say, is history...*sniff sniff*

edit: did anyone watch the Nucks/Kings game...Nucks slept through half of the game and when they woke up, down 5-1, boy did they make a game of it...Bertuzzi/Naslund were almost unstoppable...mind you, the Kings also played an outstanding game
 Tick Tock
Msg: 961
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/19/2005 2:07:38 AM
hey cat, looks like khabibulin just outplays kipper...hehe...you knew that winning streak couldn't last forever...especially not with the flamers
 Tick Tock
Msg: 963
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/19/2005 1:31:43 PM
Did anyone watch the Philly/Atlanta game? Another wild finish! Does Ilya Kovalchuk have the most amazing slapshot or what? Super quick realease; a fast and hard shot with pinpoint accuracy...yikes!
 Jonsson8
Msg: 987
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/20/2005 4:24:29 AM
Good to see there are more hockey fans out there other than myself! I'm new to this site but not new to hockey, have always loved it. And although I have no natural connections to any cities with NHL teams (being in Sweden and all) I like the Avalanche and the Flyers the best.
 Jonsson8
Msg: 989
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/20/2005 11:28:29 AM
Nope, I am certain it does have to do with Forsberg, as he is from my hometown and we even went to the same high school and had a few subjects together. So that's the reason why I like the teams he is/was on.
 vicguyforfun
Msg: 999
view profile
History
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/21/2005 2:53:32 PM
This may be true... but man, have you seen some of the hits Ovechkin is dishing out this year? I gott say, if i had to pick ROY right now i would take him over Crosby.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1003
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/22/2005 12:12:06 AM
That was a frightening scene in Detroit and I hope that he recovers quickly. Apparently, he had a previous heart condition and his heart actually stopped beating while he was on the bench...I think they actually administered CPR and used the defibrillators on him. Anyway, hockey talk and team bashing is secondary today. Best wishes going out to Fischer from the West Coast.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1011
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/23/2005 1:02:07 AM
^^^ Interesting thing about that Canucks game...I was at the game and was chatting with some guy next to me....at some point I noticed the Penguins/Capitals score and remarked on the Crosby/Ovechkin matchup...this guy told me that he is very good buddies with one of the Penguins players and that Crosby was whinning and swearing (dropping F-bombs) after Hatcher smoked him a few times...I guess during the intermission, Odelein gave Crosby sh*t and told him that he's in the NHL now and to act with some class. After that, he settled down and played an outstanding game. Also, I guess Crosby's father started calling the coach on his cell phone and left messages regarding the incident and stating that Crosby should play almost the entire third period because he was on a roll. Now I don't know if any of that was true since it was related by someone at a hockey game, but if so it brings back memories of Lindros' dad

Tick Tock
Msg: 1013
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/23/2005 1:56:52 PM
^^^ Has Lecav scrapped this year? I was suprised at how well he fared last year against Iginla. Apparently he boxes as well.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1015
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/23/2005 2:17:56 PM
I think it's his babyface, Leonardo-DiCaprio looks which throw people off...but he is a pretty big guy.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1017
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/23/2005 4:17:02 PM
Yup char...I kinda was thinking the same thing but then I had shades of Lindros flash through my mind...gotta wonder sometimes....but the more I think about it, the more it seems like it was just drunken hockey talk. As for the part about him whining and swearing, I wouldn't consider it a big deal even if he did do it. That's part of growing up and becoming a man and a full-fledged hockey player. You learn from your mistakes and what better time to make them when you're young and inexperienced. I see nothing but great things from him in the future. Too bad he wasn't a Hab or an Oiler, though.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1023
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/26/2005 2:35:28 AM
Well...my guess is that Lady_bugg is busy celebrating while the cat is hissing under some stairwell. What a thing of beauty it was...the Oil snuffing out two divisional rivals in under a week...HUGE! ...and what could be better than beating the flamers?!

In Oil We Trust
 godscrashdummy
Msg: 1025
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/26/2005 9:11:20 AM
GO FLYERS!!!!!!

Joel<-----used to play right wing varsity in HS
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1032
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/26/2005 1:19:06 PM
but someone tell there fans they need to chill when in the dome. when your a guest you don't have to act like a idiot.

LMFAO!!!! Could there be anything more annoying than the barfin-all-over-themselves, inbred-hillbilly flamer fans that spread like bacteria to other stadiums and on online forums whenever their team wins (yes, bandwagon hillbillies)? Good god, I remember how much every other fan hated the flamer fans when they fluked their way to the finals...those morons were still trolling the websites of teams they had already beaten just to rub it in...low class - even when the Shames were in the finals, they were regularly taunting the Canucks, Red Wings and Sharks fans on their respective forums.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1039
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/26/2005 3:37:28 PM
^ Saw the Sens play the Canucks in the regular season 2 years back...t'was a great game...watched it at GM Place
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1048
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/26/2005 11:59:15 PM
^^^ don't worry about, smackemhard...he's your typical flamers fan...NO CLASS! I guess I must have hit a raw nerve, eh smack? Anyhow, you're the only person in this forum to stoop to the level of taking shots at women...are you proud of yourself buddy? You wound up looking like the typical tool that I was talking about. Bet you wouldn't call the biggest Oiler fan on this thread "ugly"...not only would you be dumb to do so, but i'd love to give your hillbilly a*** a good asswhooping if you did. Well, I guess beauty to you is a pig in a thong.

edit: just so you know, i have always been an Oiler fan and I rooted for Tampa Bay in 2004...hehe...it was nice to see the flames go down...again
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1054
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/27/2005 5:41:23 PM
^^^ not a piss off for me...you insulted the women in this thread...unlike you Flames fans, we Oiler fans don't have deep rooted insecurities so there isn't much you can say that we'll take to heart...however, you did cross the fine line of what is acceptable and what isn't, by targeting an identifiable group (ie. women) and you wound up offending all women in this thread...in case you didn't notice, Alarm wasn't happy with you and she isn't even an Oiler fan...so I do think you owe the women in this thread an apology...i was defending them in my last post in case you didn't notice not because you bothered me, but rather, because it would bother them.... you can talk smack all you want about Edmonton, the Oilers or our fans...we all take shots at each other's teams and fans from time to time. Hopefully, that clears it up for you.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1056
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/27/2005 6:30:13 PM
100 % agree with you corry....i mean, the Sens finally managed to part with Lalime and i think they were better off doing so....last night, the Nucks fell down 2-0 to Phoenix, but that has more to do with the Canucks not showing up for first periods..they always think that they can come back and win the game because they usually have success doing that in the early part of the season. I still can't believe the the Nucks didn't make a run for Khabibulin! I would have dumped Cloutier in a heartbeat to have him in net. By the way, Curtis Joseph is playing un-frickin-believable! He's a huge part of the reason that the Coyotes are playing above .500 hockey in their last 10 games.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1059
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/27/2005 6:39:11 PM
^ do you guys miss Hossa?
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1061
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/27/2005 6:51:21 PM
that's true...i always loved the Sens teams of the last few years and thought they were serious contenders...but every year, they would take a lead in a series and then completely collapse...it wasn't because of lack of talent, but more to do with heart...i think they've done a lot of great things to address that problem and this year looks very promising!

props to the Eskimos! The 2005 Grey Cup Champions!!!!!!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1064
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/27/2005 7:02:34 PM
Sens always had chemistry...the problem is that teams like Toronto would bully them into playing a perimeter game...very misleading because they might be outshooting Toronto and seemingly outplaying them, but they really weren't. Against a goaltender like Belfour, you need to get down-n-dirty and approach him with an in-your-face style...the Sens just seemed incapable of doing so in the past.

and totally agree about goaltending...this was a huge contributing factor

and totally agree about Bonk...man! he used to frustrate the hell out of me!
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1068
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/27/2005 7:25:40 PM
^^^ oh lord, you're just too dumb to understand i've seen plenty of ugly fans from many teams...including calgary...but you wouldn't see me making a blanket statement such as you did...and if you don't believe you offended women, then why don't you take a look at Alarm's post right after yours...

edit: as far as fan behaviour is concerned..i think you'd be surprised to hear the reports of how misbehaved the flames fans were in every stadium during the playoffs...there were fistfights, swearing, threats, etc...so look up the word "hypocrite" in the dictionary.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 1083
Hockey anyone?
Posted: 11/29/2005 3:58:07 PM
^^^ seriously?! why don't we just call the season off now and start engraving the Cup.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >