Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are women afraid of Attractive guys?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fancynanci
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Are women afraid of Attractive guys?Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
Not at all. Well...I'm not. Not in the least.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 24
Are women afraid of Attractive guys?
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:55:01 AM
And here I thought we prayed for them... odd.

What's to be afraid of I wonder?
 TheyCallMeMrAwesome
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:11:34 PM
They must be because not only do look good, I am also very nice AND not full of myself (even though I am very Awesome) However, I am a little (okay, quite afraid) of really attractive girls, the girl at the gym that I like s one of those, but it hasn't gone to her head, however, all I can seem to manage to say is hi, how are you? and then I get shy and end up leaving and working out instead of asking her out, ahhhhhhhh, sigh
 Vannili
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 8:12:01 PM
I am not afraid of an attractive guy, even I am ugly Vannili ,why should I be ?
 the_write_stuff
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/30/2008 10:48:36 PM
Being a non-hot guy I can't answer but the exchanges have ranged from interesting to hilarious. I was never too intimidated by beautiful women (I'm pretty gregarious and confident). My "bugaboo" was tall women. Being only 5'8" I was reluctant to ask out women taller than me (and I know it's awkward for them as well). But once I did a time or two and found a few that it wasn't an issue for I quickly realized what I'd been missing and that I was limiting myself. Besides tall girls are fun to climb!!!

So my advice would be.......don't let looks dissuade you, one way or another, from taking a chance. After all, nothing ventured is nothing gained and faint heart never won fair maiden (or man)!!
 Cynderella
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:56:09 PM
Afraid...not
Intimidated...yes
WHY...cuz good looking men seen to know their potential and tend to cheat because of it.
 celts123
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/8/2008 3:35:15 PM
Some women would stereotype all attractive men as jerks or players. Just like some men stereotype all attractive women as high manitenance, stuck up b!tches. That's why some people wouldn't go after an attractive person.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/11/2008 8:24:11 PM
It's not the looks as such - it's the social value that looks give a man, which means nothing if the man actually isn't that popular or liked in the social group.

My theory about looks is that they don't make a man attractive to begin with. Other factors make a man attractive and looks are just an extra that drives the attraction up a bit higher.

But women will have sex with the most hideous monster imaginable if he has social power and has demonstrated value.
 _jay_see_
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/11/2008 8:40:09 PM

Having sex with a hideous monster will take a lot of WINE....

Well you have your own preferences, not to mention your own experiences.

I've seen a lot of less-attractive guys with very beautiful women on their arms (I say "less-attractive" based on the comments of others, not just my own judgment).

Women generally (maybe you're an exception) just aren't that visually oriented. There seems to be no limit to how bad a guy can look and still take beautiful women home, *provided* he has the necessary social power, which *every* man, hot or ugly, must have at least a bit of.
 Cynderella
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2008 9:52:12 PM

women choose to get with crappy guys for the control factor

Control What...?
 finmik210
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:21:21 AM
Kiiara -
Wow, that stinks... competition at any level can be the demise of any good relationship! Just be yourself from day 1 and don't meld into the other person to make them happy or feel like an equal.
 Willsniffurundies
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2008 10:01:46 AM
So am I wrong but is the OP male?
I would be curious WHY the question was asked in the first place.
I also find it funny that the OP does not have a pic.
Define "attractive".
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
This whole thing could bring up some interesting psychological issues.
 ForeverLong
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2009 7:48:51 AM
That's one reason I don't have a photo! LOL
 MsMicki
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2009 7:44:42 AM
Afraid to date them? No
Willing to give them a chance? Yes
Had much luck dating very attractive men? Not really
 RubyT
Msg: 37
Posted: 3/8/2009 1:31:01 PM
Hey there! I question this myself. You are right about one thing 'carefree highway'. I think some of us do stereotype guys into that category of "Oh, I'm good-looking so I'm sure I wouldn't be interested in THAT average (or not-so-average) chick." I have found myself having an interest and have always been afraid to approach a guy. Not only have I made this assumption about some men, but unfortunately, have been proven right. Sorry, a lot women have, more time than we'd care to express. You show me a guy who hasn't been raised or conditioned by himself or society to believe women should all look like models and all be thin & pretty and I'll ask him out! ................Still waiting! UH, YEAH.........DUH! So NO, is it not always "bulls**t"!

JUST A TIP: (to all men who are NOT in this category): MOST women are not "arrogant" about it. WE REALLY ARE AFRAID. Would rather not waste the energy on being rejected because were are not AS "good-looking" on the OUTSIDE. Which ALSO DOES NOT MEAN WE have low-self-esteem. We just know we cant "physically" compete for your attentions with the bottle blondes with fake fingernails, boobs and tans. (Yes, I'm SURE they're all lovely)

NOT ALL men are in this category, of course! Therefore, IF you're MEN, who really want to find "something" with "substance", approach US for once.....don't be afraid yourselves. We want a man anyway, not someone who is afraid as well. I would bet most women would agree, we deserve no less! I think that 'old-fashioned' concept died in the 50's. Another little tip: Some of us are very old-fashioned!...Including myself. I may be interested in you, but I may not approach you because I want to know if you have enough interest in me or think I am worth approaching myself.

I also believe that there are guy who do exist (somewhere on the planet) that are not superficial or into physical appearance as a priority. I also agree with you that we REALLY are missing out on meeting some pretty cool people because of it. People we/they judge just because we simply do not know them personally or what it's like to live their lives. All I can say is "Good to all the "NICE" guys and all women who have been interested in them!!!"
 theforumfiend
Msg: 38
Posted: 3/8/2009 9:02:36 PM
"No, I'm afraid of guys who go around THINKING they are attractive...."

Are you referring to some of those men with their shirts off posing in front of the bathroom mirror or cam?

The men in my family tend to be pretty good looking. Some had the moral fiber of a tom cat and played. Others have been men worthy of respect.

I'll use my "little" brother as an example. Many people are surprised to find that we are related - he's that good looking. The man has women throwing themselves at him so he's had opportunities to cheat, but grew up seeing the damage of infidelity and refuses be that type of person.

Also his taste in women cracks me up. He really likes women that most men would pass by - and they always break his heart.
 Mr Bain
Msg: 39
Posted: 3/9/2009 12:28:31 AM
I don't think most women are afraid of good-looking guys.

They just expect men who are good-looking to have enough self-esteem to genuinely make the first move.

Which makes sense. Women who I thought were ignoring me, would often perk up when I made the opening line.

And no, I am not bragging about my looks. I don't even have a photo.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 40
Posted: 3/15/2009 11:15:39 AM
Are they jumping out at me from nowhere? Cuz that'd be momentarily scary.
 1939tracyr
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2009 2:20:30 PM
I don't believe afraid is the right word. It is the world we live in and if you check out the movie stars nearly every woman married to a good looking guy (even if she is gorgeous) cheats on her. He breathes his air from way up high (so he thinks). Look at Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt. Then look at the beautiful women (so many more) with not good looking men, Maraih Carey, Beyonce, Katie Holmes, Sandra Bullock, Heidi Klum and her man. We see all the time the really good looking ones only bring heartache which is why we look more for beauty on the inside. Even though it isn't really true we see that in real life and start to believe it.
 Vannili
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2010 11:09:07 AM
I am so afraid of attractive guys, my poor knees buckled down and my heart beat boom! boom! boom! whenever I see an attractive guy that I am force to lie down any where and any time...

Oooops! I hope there is no nun and priest on this dating forum,because my post is a little bit ex rated...............

TheReason_
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2010 11:56:39 AM
Women are always afraid of my ridiculously good looking good looks. I guess that's why I'm doomed to be alone.

*blue steel*

DragNFlyBuzzez
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/14/2010 12:11:52 PM
there is a full moon out or somthing, attractive guys are whining!!!!! Holy Toledo,
OP, get a hold of yourself, your whining that your too good looking to get a good looking date,

Turn your man card in, immeadiately, do not proceed with it,

I'm to good looking that good looking girls dont want me............whaaaaa
 thetennisgal
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/15/2010 9:58:58 AM
hahahaha is this a serious post ?
 Vannili
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 6/24/2011 2:40:22 PM

Are women afraid of Attractive guys ?

Just a question:

If those attractive guys are a threat on my Life, yes I will be afraid and run for COVER.

Just an answer...............
 Pingshooter
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Are women afraid of attractive guys?
Posted: 7/21/2011 3:19:33 PM

Well..hmm..ahhh..don't know. Not qualified to answer.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Are women afraid of Attractive guys?