Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Lurkers and thread stalkers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carribeanking7
Msg: 76
Lurkers and thread stalkersPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I am a lurker I posted on page 3 of this thread and lurked for the next 2 pages...
smoochies post made me feel guilty
 am70sguy
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Lurkers and thread stalkers
Posted: 10/19/2005 11:36:42 PM
I don't like to play favorites, so try and stalk everybody equally.

It's fun to click on a profile, then see the profiles of the area they are in above them, then start clicking on those and see how many people it will cycle through. Or see they've said something of interest in a thread I've missed and backtrack to check it out

Wow, I really do have no life! Ack, time to break out another album.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/20/2005 1:01:16 AM
Stalker^^^ ok kidding

I do that too sometimes
 crystalise
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/20/2005 2:28:00 AM
Im clueless - I still dont have any idea how you can tell anyone is tracking you through the threads/forums if they dont post anything

ahhhhhhhhh ignorance is bliss

: )
 kman22
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/20/2005 4:57:51 AM
I guess living in a country where there are only like 10 people from POF, one never has to be scared of a stalker...

but then again, isn't it funny that all of us reading this, who aren't in anybody's fave list, are feeling WAY jealous????

Damn, I want a stalker
 grplaman
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/20/2005 10:43:55 AM
If i had a stalker and we met-i'd show them the time of their LIFE!
 JewelsnTools
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/20/2005 1:04:45 PM
Some days, I just like to read...others, I'm a post-ho. Lurking allows me all the benefits of gleaning wisdom without having to give anything in return...wait. Allow me to re-phrase that!! :) I mean, I just like reading the posts....
I finally found out how to discover if someone had placed me on their list...What a compliment! I've got some really interesting, cool admirers! I'd email them with a thank you, but I don't want to blow their dream!!
I only stalk a couple of people, though...and I'm cutting down...Scout's Honor.
 soulthing
Msg: 83
Posted: 10/20/2005 1:44:51 PM
I think it is not fair to stalk a thread.... Its not nice to lurk....
I have no fans... I go out and cach them there!!!
 SkeetersTxgal
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2005 4:35:21 PM
I agree musicman. I too have added a few because i really enjoy their posts. I have added a couple that I wanted to get back to and my job is crazy.

I think anyone just needs to be careful about anything they post.

Makes me think hummmmmm need to go back and check everything and also email restrictions. There are some i would just plain enjoy talking with.

Trish
 bucsgirl
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/20/2005 4:41:47 PM
garf Hey LOVE the pic...when Halloween's over, can I borrow your bolts?? My head is starting to lean to the left a bit....hahaha.
OT: I stalk Garf when he's stalking Blastkist or he stalks me...it's all good....hahaha! I don't know where someone got the idea that it's a bad thing at all, I guess there ARE those who could make it so. We have favs lists to tag a profile so we can find people, to email them or read their posts. I've stalked both Garf and Blast and will continue to do so...and many others!!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/20/2005 4:45:09 PM
I believe in being an equal opportunity stalker....hahaha!!
 carribeanking7
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/20/2005 7:55:55 PM
I believe in multistalking
 crystalise
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/20/2005 8:02:29 PM
lol@ kman22 - you have a point
 curious98
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/20/2005 8:29:48 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask..but what is a "troll"?
 carribeanking7
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/20/2005 8:45:13 PM
Quote : You pig... How do you think the other victims are going to feel when they find out??? It's all about you isn't it? What ever happened to values, honor and good old mono-possessive behavior?

You shall address me as "Your Majesty"......................
When you flirt honorably the "victims" are often willing...besides I am more often the stalkee than the stalker....carefull lest my bodyguards throw you in the dungeons...

@ Blastkist - We are online hubby&wifey from the now defunct word games thread.
I also have an online court jester and several online bodyguards...

To the person seeking explanation on trolls...use link below

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1984864.aspx

at the advice of some MODS I am now a retired "Trollinator"
Damn..I used to enjoy stalking trolls
 curious98
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/20/2005 8:53:33 PM
thanks for the info on trolls :)
 Easy Read
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:14:23 PM
OP,

I have run into this very recently. I had posted for advice a few weeks ago. I had 3 pages of reasonable comments and some constructive criticism. The next morning I had gotten a VM and a few texts informing that my thread had turned violent. I was castrated in effigy and my penis was taped to my forehead. Although I thought this was a creative idea for a Halloween costume (Dick Head) I hardly deserved having my body mutilated and my professional credentials questioned.

I was, apparently, defended by those who know me and they were, in turn, attacked. I could describe this behavior as frenzied or mean spirited. Some might say sick… What I noted more than anything was the over-emotional charge and snowballing effect of a few select people.

I have a list of those who attacked. Ive browsed their profiles. Ive looked at some of my comments and found other lashing out. I just havnt noticed prior. I do consider this a form of cyber stalking. There is nothing illegal about it (Yet) but is still an unpleasant experience. I worried about it for at least 15 min before I had my coffee at my office.
I agree with others that reasonable minds can differ and that some deserved to be attacked. It is all relative. I have not lashed out at these people and likely wont. My sensibility is that if they something to voice then can contact me directly. Funny how none of them did. Hmmm… I do think the experience will affect how I handle these things in the future.
Remember Megan Meyers? The St. Charles MO mother who bullied a young girl to suicide is likely going to jail. There will likely be Federal Laws (Bully Statutes) on point soon. This case goes to trial in a few months. Keep your eyes peeled…
I don’t mind a Socratic Methods but this necessarily requires mutual respect for other’s opinions even if unreasonable. Personal attacks have no place in this arena.

ER
 GreenEyesGoldenLocks
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:34:39 PM
I have a few that I keep deleting because they dont talk to me and they just go back and add me again.. I have decided they are just in my fan club not really stalking me :-)
 daynadaze
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:36:53 PM

I have run into this very recently. I had posted for advice a few weeks ago. I had 3 pages of reasonable comments and some constructive criticism. The next morning I had gotten a VM and a few texts informing that my thread had turned violent. I was castrated in effigy and my penis was taped to my forehead. Although I thought this was a creative idea for a Halloween costume (Dick Head) I hardly deserved having my body mutilated and my professional credentials questioned.

Wait, you mean that isn't foreplay?
 Easy Read
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:01:42 PM
Ha! Knife play is a fetish too...
 Indigo rose
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/15/2008 5:24:20 PM
Great now you have me longing for the good ole days around here
I mostly lurk nowadaze. But I only stalk Chuckles the Clown. He doesn't mind much I suppose because he never ratted me out.
 hard starboard
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 7:11:35 PM
Never. Is it something I should worry about?
 best kept secret
Msg: 98
Posted: 4/24/2009 2:26:43 PM
No matter what thread I post in, this person follows and post after me....like a shadow!
I have even chosen ones that were nowhere near what they would just stumble upon....

I tell ya, it's creepy...and tiresome!

Cogie36
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2009 3:01:53 PM
I use to have a bunch of people that added me to their favorite list......they never made any attempt to contact me and most didnt even live close to me.....so maybe they found me in forums I have no clue.......but I decided if they werent going to talk to me atleast then they didnt need to have me on their list.......and I deleted them all......
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/24/2009 3:06:35 PM
~OT~ I have my own personal forum troll. He's a strange dude. I have NO clue why he finds me so ~ whatever he finds me, but it's very strange to say the least. No matter where I am? There he is, right behind me. And I agree:

I tell ya, it's creepy...and tiresome!

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Lurkers and thread stalkers