Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 A-New-Beginning
Msg: 47
view profile
History
If You Could Fix One Mistake Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Bro your response was too long he said name one thing, and you wort a mini series. Try to shorten it up next time bro.
 rdcnorm
Msg: 48
If You Could Fix One Mistake
Posted: 9/13/2007 3:50:17 PM
My mistake was,, when I was on my kness praying and crying to my God,, that he please let my wife live to seen ours sons first birthday, God answered my prayes, she died,when our son was 13 mo.. I would have asked for a life time if I only knew... However,, I do that God for answering my prayer....... That was over 6 years ago,, there isn't a day that goes bye,, that I am not blessed...just for the life we shared and the life that I now have with my son..

A note,, a friend of mine said to me,, Norm,, have you ever considered why your prayers were answer, she said,, you asked for very little, just for a moment in time,, and nothing for you..she was right..
 rdcnorm
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/13/2007 3:55:49 PM
I do thank God,, -------------------I hate when I make typing errors
 ian26
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2007 4:41:23 PM
If i could fix one mistake..well i would like to fix two but...no just the one because the other one i would be gambeling with my life..

In my last year of High school i got with a girl called Joanne we had dated in the irst year of high school but it lasted a week if that. Anyway we got (back) together we had grown close through the school years and hung out alot during lesson Science lessons and also lunch times when a gang of us would go on to the field and play football...well the lads would and the girls would talk away. Joanne asked me out during a lesson and it was the most happiest ive ever been..(ok thats a lie Liverpool wining the Champions League 05) but i was really happy at the time in a period of my life in which i had seen my mum battle with alcohol and the demons that bought with it,

Anyway me and Joanne were together for 5 months maybe less? but we had got together when High School ended and most people ere staying on for 6th form or going to college..i did to but not the one Joanne was going to(however i ended up at the college Joanne went to 2 years later). Joanne begged me to turn down my offer for the college i accepted and be with her but i didnt listen and she decided one day she wanted to meet in town and thats when she ended the relationship and broke my heart for the first time...if only i had listened to her...anyhow i would fix that certian point in my life
 chrissyfit
Msg: 54
Posted: 9/13/2007 6:46:33 PM
just one?...........well,...that would have to be out look on life, when i was younger.......i didn't understand why i was taken/adopted by a ministers family......and this for a better life???....ppffttttt fuking try it!!!!............

for what it's worth, timber wolf...us moms who give up our children for adoption do think that it is the best at the time. While i do not know your specific circumstances, i do know that i gave a child up for adoption 8 months ago. Fell in love with the right family, who i believed would give him a great life.
imagine how people will "snow you" to get a child...they have turned out so unlike I ever expected. At the end of the day, we do what we think is best because we are naive as to how we are getting "played" by the adoptive parents. I could sue them for fraud, but the truth is that i still want a *better* life for him (with 2 parents), and the baby is doing fine with them (they all live a stone's throw away)despite my personal feelings towards them. just something to ponder when you lament the loss of your real family.
 NatGoat
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/13/2007 6:49:48 PM
I would have liked to have thought of SOMEthing that I could have done,
that would've saved my wife . .
 GuitarGuy_
Msg: 62
Posted: 9/16/2007 6:38:05 PM
Regrets, I've had a few. But then again, to few to mention.

~rain~
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 1:12:22 PM
Mistakes, Ive had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption...~Frank Sinatra~

(ok so I changed a word)

umm..I have made one mistake I would change...all the rest of them, well..If I hadnt made them, then I wouldnt have learned from them. I am sure with time..I will be content with that one mistake I would change and not want to change it anymore.

The things I have learned is how I am who I am today and I am happy with that. We grow within ourselves from our mistakes...there should never be any regrets.

Spacedog72,....I think I lust you!!..(grins)
 Guy66
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 1:17:47 PM
Now this is a really interesting one ... on the one hand I followed a path in 2003 that means in 8 weeks time when I've saved up the fee I'll be declaring myself bankrupt ... on the other hand following that path has lead to some real personal development culminating in me becoming the sort of person a certain lady seems to really like and I think I may have found "the one"
So would I change things .... I will make all that money back and more anyway but if she turns out to be the soul mate I think she is I wouldn't change a thing
 ~rain~
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2007 4:54:10 PM
OH MY GOODNESS claire2282

I LUST YOU TOO!!!......(great quote)

laffs
 scorpiomover
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2007 5:34:39 AM
The one character flaw that I would have changed: I would have gone with my younger brother to Tae-Kwon-Do when he started going, and learned to physically defend myself and so get over my issues with bullying, when I was still quite young.

The one relationship that I would have changed: I would have asked out my first love when I met her. I knew we were both heavily attracted to each other, but I didn't give her a chance. It was a real shame, because eventually she went off me, and although we were friends, I fell in love with her anyway, because of who she was as a person. But while we were around each other, we were almost inseparable, and it was one of best 8 months of my life.
Posted: 10/11/2007 2:28:06 PM
Happydappy.

if thats what you saw, then you saw wrong.
it was never about sex. not even close.

holy hell, I can't believe how long this post has been around, and its still going.
thats crazy.
 Cynderella
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 12:00:37 AM
Nope I wouldn't fix a thing...for without my faults or mistake...I wouldn't know how good I really have it!
No one is perfect!
 nipoleon
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2007 1:51:23 AM
I should have run away and joined the Circus at a young age.
I was raised in the Bible Belt and that influence has had an adverse effect on me all my life.
 Argentum Crinis Philogus
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/28/2007 2:18:46 PM
I wouldn't change anything without knowing which ones would not have affected where I am now.

Every experience, good, bad, neutral, traumatic, or benign, has blazed the trail to the place where I am and besides being finished with this current effort, I am happy with who I am, what I am doing, and where I plan to go in the future. Without all of these experiences, I would not be the person that I am and I would not be at this place in life.

I'm quite happy. I certainly wish that it had come together earlier in life and yet, what I wish was probably not good for me.

I like me, I like who I am and who I am is the result of where I have been. What I have refused to do rather than wish I could fix in the past, is to recognize that I have not ever allowed my unchangeable past to dictate my changeable future.

ACP
 sassy_1974
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 5:26:27 AM
i would have stood by my man. Because i didnt, he commited suicide.

oh and follow my head instead of my bloody heart..could have saved myself from a few idiots.

however, its through our mistakes that we learn.
 blondago56
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2007 7:42:51 PM
i would Not have told my Mother "i hate You!" when i was a teenager...because she died last year...she is/was my Best Friend,.. and i miss her so....
 JOHNNYDUCATI
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/3/2007 7:35:08 AM
ok here goes i was dating a girl for two yrs meet her on line it was going a little to fast the girl loved me to know end she adored me and put me first i was a little skeptical in my heart how i felt.She came on real strong real early i loved her she loved me we allways argued about little stuff and she drove me carazy i could not take her insecutities about everything we broke up many times in two yrs i would say 7 times the longest was the last one 8 week .She had a party for her daughter she didnt prepare early enough she was stressing out and upset her sister came over the day early on the party day to help and so did i she was complaining about me her sister said what wrong with ...... blocked her name i said i dont know i called her a wack job to her sister no big deal.A week later im working the phone rings its my girlfriend she raging why i called her a wack job her sister told her i said that she is going on and on and on i tolf her to .... off and that was it for the 8 weel break up this girl drive u crazy so she was fooloing around with a guy i knew from the gym a day or two later she hooks up with him and there getting coxy sex and what ever the scum bag did with her she was calling me here and there we go to dinner have a little sex here and there while there were a item then we got back for three weeks i was a saint doing everything right was doing a ton of work around her house in the weeks together onw sunday a beauty of a day i went riding motorcycles with our friends we were still together we kept missing each other calls i am woundering if shes hang out with the othert guy we got in contacy with each other she was upset at something come to find out she went over the .... blockers house and that was the end still upsets me from the two weeks ago the one mistake to fix going back never works at least not this situation thanks for listening
 mizbex
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/18/2007 8:05:39 PM
I would have spent more time with my Dad.
 fancynanci
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2008 12:16:01 PM
I never would have married my second husband.
 DDay555
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2008 1:11:03 PM
Only one thing...?
I'd never have started smoking.
 luv2lol
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2008 7:05:34 PM
I second happygolucky666...excluding the spelling mistakes, lol. Can't wait to find that person...
 Yeronds
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2008 4:09:42 PM
I would ask this one girl in high-school out. It probably wouldn't have worked, but at least I would have tried.
 Icestorm
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2008 4:16:44 PM
An older woman I used to know said that if she had life to do all over again that at age 17 she would have all her teeth pulled out and had a hysterectomy because those two things were the source of all her trouble in life.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >