Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 'toooo many fish in the sea?'      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
'toooo many fish in the sea?'Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Many to get to know on here....both tall and small......

The whole point is that over time you can enjoy more than just one person in your life and care about them, even love them, and given the right situation, it will happen multiple times.

What you are looking for in my opinion....are the indicators and directions to find that one and take yourself out of the pond once found. Does not mean that you can not have friends or those you share many things with, what it does mean, at least to me, is that there is only one that comes home with you, and only one that goes to bed with you, and only one that knows you so well that there is no need to know another.

Just my opinion.....
 HB2
Msg: 27
'toooo many fish in the sea?'
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:26:20 AM
Exactly c_d

The parameters for the one to celebrate joys and mourn in sorrow
To hold as needed and to be held by
To comfort in sickness
To dance in health
To support
To be supported by
To be with everyday and know they are there because they love you
 HB2
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:37:47 PM
heeheec.....PMSL

coke on the computer again demmit!

Keep on fishing folks the water is jumping!
 HB2
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:10:14 PM
I stir up the fish everywhere I go and very few believe I'm 45...
You all look good and I can see the waves forming now!
 HB2
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:23:04 PM
Not everyone expects someone perfect......

I simply know what I want and refuse to "settle" for less.

I "settled" before and I deserve better as do each and every one of us.

So don't be angry because ppl are searching for the right match.

It's what you should be doing too.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:34:21 PM
livewire I've had that happen more times than I'd care to count. I actually did a thread called recycling contacts, apparently hit a nerve, it happens to everyone. And man we think alike, I call it the Date Shopping Channel, people use the internet like they're shopping for something. I've had them disappear for as high as 2 years, never met this guy, apparently not interested enough to meet for just a coffee, half a friggin hour. Starts writing calling TWO YEARS later. I said delete all my contact info, I don't believe ANYONE is that busy he's not president or anything..geez...and you just weren't that interested, so quit bugging me. He protested, giving more blah blah, I don't see a reason for you to ever call or contact me again. Wrote me a week or so ago, Just wanted to say hi and see how you were doing. Yeah right, NO response, block, delete. Don't they get it? I don't want to have you bother me ever, okay? I think that's a pretty clear message.
 HB2
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:34:35 PM
You mean you're not dating/talking to others too?

Of course we're comparing all the time otherwise we'd accept the first one to come along and be satisfied

I notice restrictions on the profiles so ya'll have preferences too.

Bucs...yes that does happen all the time.

I handle it this way:
I think we met already and really didn't like each other at all.
He: Yeah we did! It lasted about 35 minutes right?
Me: Yeah...lol Later

And it's cool.

It just wasn't a fit and we both move on.
 HB2
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/9/2005 2:57:16 PM
This isn't a man bashing thread now is it?

sheesh
 bucsgirl
Msg: 34
Posted: 10/9/2005 3:04:26 PM
HB My recyclers are ALL men I've never met. I was the one who wanted to cut to it, and they ALL contacted me first, were just so excited and so "into" me hahaha, and happy I returned their email. I'm just not gonna drag out the email phone stuff for 2 months or longer, yeah, they're busy, oh not this week, I have a meeting...lalalala. Well what the frick are you doing emailing women for dates, then? That's a line of BS, you're that busy take down your profile and leave me alone. Man, you find a woman that you SAY you think is incredible, she writes back and you can't meet for half an hour over a drink? Get outta town....they're lying about one thing or another, they're NOT that busy or they're NOT that interested. Either way, I don't care, meet me, or move on and don't waste time by trying to contact me again. That's the way it is. And I'm not sitting home desperate and dateless in the meantime, my inbox is always active, so why would I wring my hands over someone who won't do me the courtesy of getting his butt off the computer and meeting me for a drink. hahah Yeah, that's not happening.
 HB2
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/9/2005 3:36:56 PM
I have 4 looking at you right now

There are so many available that I just don't sweat it anymore.
Why would I?
If that's the way they are then I don't want them.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/9/2005 3:50:25 PM
Actually guitarman, someone started a thread about this, and admin posted numbers. It was logins, ratio of men to women and guess what, it was 1.7 men to every 1 woman who had logged in. That's just people logging into the site. Yes, lots of variables, but consider that maybe the men log on more and are more active because they're traditionally the "pursuers". So the odds really aren't that stacked against the men. Look, I'm not questioning or arguing with you at all, but where did you get your numbers? That's the only solid figures I've seen admin, Big Fish the owner of the site post. If you have another post you could refer me to, I'd be happy to go there. I'm not trying to say you're wrong or challenge you, just telling you what I've seen from the owner of the site. If you have other info, I'd be more than happy to see that.
 HB2
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:09:13 PM
He's actually a great guy norolim!
Look up his profile...yes he has one too.......

I don't really know about the stats and all that stuff but I do know how much mail I get everyday!
 cannuckswon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:18:58 PM
there are a lot of fish in the sea but it depends on what part of the sea you are in. i havent met anyone on here anywhere close to where i live, so for now it is just enjoy the forums and hope for a favourable tide to wash some my way.
 HB2
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:22:49 PM
I don't float with the tide I'm a swimmer!
 cannuckswon
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:24:24 PM
im just hoping for another hurricane to wash all of you good looking florida women north.
 cannuckswon
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:28:47 PM
yeah that sure is a sexy visual norolim ot:does anyone else have the same problem , that all the fish are not where you are?
 HB2
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:29:16 PM
kk got to quit drinking at the computer!

I'm a stealth fish....you don't know I'm there until it's too late!
 cannuckswon
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:31:41 PM
i will alert the border patrol
 bucsgirl
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:34:23 PM
I've gotten and sent Big Fish the site owner many times. He is an amazing individual, caring, patient and really wanting the best experience for ALL of us. I've written him before, and said, look I know you're busy just wanted to tell you blah blah, you don't even need to respond really. Guess what? Not only does he respond, but he writes an incredibly caring email, and thanks me. He really puts up with a lot to provide a chance for us to meet people, and it's all free. The mods, too. I couldn't being to say enough about how incredibly generous and caring he is and all the mods. Wonderful people, each and every one.
 cannuckswon
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:36:08 PM
you are right bucsgirl. this is by far the best site to meet people, even if you dont find your soulmate you will find friends.
 cannuckswon
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:36:23 PM
you are right bucsgirl. this is by far the best site to meet people, even if you dont find your soulmate you will find friends.
 cannuckswon
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:36:30 PM
sorry double post
 cannuckswon
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:37:33 PM
and again.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:43:00 PM
norolim Bill Engival...here's your sign...is that the guy?? haha, love it!
 HB2
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/9/2005 4:53:14 PM
LMAO........

Stealth Fish on the move!

Heeeerrrrrrrreee fishie fishie fishie!

OT: I'm glad I have the world to choose from!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 'toooo many fish in the sea?'