Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sammysalt
Msg: 19
ACNEPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If I use baby loation on my face morrning and night then I don't get it. Unles its close to that time of the month, and I for got to keep the baby lotion on. It also helps you look younger.
 belly18dancer
Msg: 53
ACNE
Posted: 9/10/2006 3:10:12 PM
I began having this issue when i was around 35 and i saw a report on the Today show that said it was normal for a woman in her late 30's to start getting this problem...it's all horomone related....i wasn't on any birth control...i ended up going to the doctor and they gave me antibiotics that would clear it up...course they cause yeast infections...you can't win....but thankfully, that has subsided now...just a phase i suppose....luckily it wasn't terribly bad and i dealt with it....

hope things work out for u as well
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 55
ACNE
Posted: 9/10/2006 10:34:04 PM
I had flawless skin until I was victim of carbon monoxide poisoning. That changed that. I have to agree with chinua ~ proactive is amazing. My skin is amazingly clear ~ youthful like when I was much younger. I have a friend who went through chemo, ended up with acne/rosecia and proactive has made her life entirely different. I usually don't publically endorce or otherwise say much about products, because everyone is different, but it is really an amazing product ~ and much less expensive than my previous system. Good luck OP!!
 dr_layne
Msg: 57
view profile
History
ACNE
Posted: 9/11/2006 6:43:50 AM
I had the typical teen acne. Dermatologist put me on Accutane. While it did clear up the acne, it had a horrible side affect on me. I was in constant pain in my back and in joints. It was a rough period to go through, but it was worth it.
 GhettoFoot
Msg: 58
ACNE
Posted: 1/31/2017 11:08:32 AM
I still have it. The last time I had naturally clear skin was when I was 12-13 (before my menarche). From 20-24 my skin was clear due to being on hormonal birth control but since and before then, I have 2-3 pimples at a time on my face. I've been using a topical benzoyl peroxide ointment by Neutrogena for the past 3 weeks. My blemishes, blackheads & acne scars have decreased significantly. I still get 1-2 small to medium-sized pimples per week but it's not such an aggravation anymore because of the ointment.

It's not the pimples that bug me so much, it's the scarring. I used to touch my face a lot & be a really big picker and that's a hard-as-hell habit to break.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 59
ACNE
Posted: 2/12/2017 4:43:38 PM
^

If you eat lots of citrus fruits such as oranges, mandarins, OJ, etc; it could be making it worse.
If so, you should cut it out of your diet completely for at least 3 months and see what happens.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >