Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 4
Good boys or bad ones?Page 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Who has energy for bad boys at my age is what I say. They are the male equivalent to a 20 something princess...drama, drama, drama. Not to mention the bad boys who are in my age bracket usually don't have a job and live with their mommy. No thanks.
 sammysalt
Msg: 7
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:12:09 PM
Good guys, bad ones are a turn off.
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/8/2005 10:02:32 PM
Good boys who have edge get my attention every time..... Where are ya boys ????

AND, for I must say I have never dated the mad/angry boys you seem to know.... thank goodness ~~ sounds nasty!
 d0ug1a5
Msg: 27
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 11/8/2005 8:40:05 AM
I've been both, I guess. My downfall and my salvation was the military.

I learned a lot about disposable relationships, cheating, and the unsavory effects of ingesting insane amounts of alcohol.

Later, I learned about honesty, comeraderie, openness, and trust.

I've kept the sarcasm, and got rid of the negative aspects.

So essentially, I'm just the perfect man that all you ladies have been describing and looking for. (maybe minus the looks and body and money...)
 clitvin
Msg: 42
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 11/18/2005 1:10:08 PM

Good boys who have edge get my attention every time..... Where are ya boys ????

I'm right here...
 Runs With Squirrels
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 11/18/2005 3:55:00 PM
Reformed bad boys, all the way! They're still bad in the fun ways , but they're grown up enough to be . . . well, grown-ups!
 Howeclectic
Msg: 52
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/16/2006 1:49:37 PM
I consider myself a good guy for the most part... but i've had some of my "nice edges" pounded out dating girls back in highschool and early college. If a girl knows she has you head over heels then its over. Period. I guess my dating life improved when girls taught me to not be so nice. The only new hurdle I can't jump over in this new dating world is the lieing thing :P. I've noticed unless you lie your ass off in your profile and send in pictures of yourself helping disabled children at the local boys and girls club and fishing on a giant yacht in new mexico, you get no attention. I realize being unwilling to lie probably hurts my odds LOL.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 53
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/16/2006 2:32:00 PM
I tend to date the bad-boy types. Most of them are in good-boy exteriors ~ still bad-boys nonetheless.
 ladyc4
Msg: 71
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/17/2006 2:39:38 PM
Frequently being arrested,divorced, hailed into court, being kicked out of bars/clubs, fired from jobs, having his cars repo'd, telephone screaming matches with bill collectors.... is this what you mean by "bad boy"? Being thousands of dollars in arrears on child support? Having a history of failed relationships, restraining orders, or a concern that there is a hit out on him?

Naw, give me a guy who works and pays his bills, or gives back to the community/helps others if he's retired, And doesn't have forty'leven women wishing him dead...
I don't care then if he rides a Harley, or has an occasional drink/toke(as long as he doesn't risk his own or anyone else's safety) or has long hair, or plays in a band...
Cindy O
 cooldude
Msg: 76
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/18/2006 2:46:36 PM
Some of the descriptions of what women want for "bad boys" seem to be based more on fantasy/fairetales then in reality. Some descriptions are more realistic. Dangerous sports, no thanks, I want to live long enough to enjoy retirement. Sometimes its too confuseing. Goodguy with an edge?!? What type of challenge are you looking for? The challenge to change the bad boy into a man? What ever happened to an average joe that works hard for a liveing to support his family. Who is admired by his community, freinds & family. Respects his parents. Leave the tough guy, bad boy image where it belongs: in the movies, not real life.
 Esley Williams
Msg: 83
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:12:20 PM
I want to meet someone that wants to party and enjoy life to the fullness. I have no kids and I have a nice ass and I have a flat stomach. I really want to get to know you if you know how to have fun and dont take like for granted, I have a wonderful big family and I need someone that appreciates family responsed if I sound alittle interesting
 blondein_tokyo
Msg: 84
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 10/23/2006 6:28:28 PM
I'm a bad girl....so I used to just LOVE the bad boys- challenging, fun, exciting....sexy!! Then I came to the realization: most bad boys want GOOD girls!! I was way to much of a challenge for them- they don't like competition. I'm the sort who, if challenged, likes to step it up a notch! If a bad boy grabs my ass in the club, I grab HIS ass, AND stick my tongue down his throat. hahaha... All the bad boys I dated said they had a great time with me, but none of them ever became my boyfriend.

THEN...I met D. He is the epitome of a nice guy. Not very talkitive, sweet, kind, doesn't drink much, not agressive or macho. Yet, he was very self-confident and plenty assertive, when it was needed, instead of that all-the-time agression I always got with bad boys. He was VERY attractive, in that he let me be ME, didn't try to compete, no games...no "I'll call you later" disapearing act. He did what he said he would do. And, me being the "bad" girl, I could act up as much as I wanted to, and he just sat back and watched, amused. He let me lead, which is what I am natural at doing, and everything he said...was, well, NICE! AND- there was none of that "I bet I can get her to sleep with me..." bullshit. We went at a natural pace. Which as it turned out, meant the first date.

I TOTALLY fell in love with him, and with nice guys in general.

But it does take a special kind of nice guy to be able to handle a bad girl. Most of them (in fact, most men in general) are intimidated by bad girls.

And, bad boys....are just better at sex. I have to be VERY careful..I met my new guy's bad boy friend the other night, and man oh man, he was MY perfect kind of bad boy.

But, I'm pretty sure I am over that.

LONG LIVE REALLY NICE GUYS!!
 bigruss
Msg: 98
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 11/5/2006 5:30:38 AM
im the bad boy type. verry bad boy at that.. but ladys even us bad boys are verry romantic and love to spoil our lady with love, effection, honesty, loyalty, respect, and we carress, kiss, hold, etc better then the good guys cause we dont care if the public likes us showing effection to the lady that meens every thing to us.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 100
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 11/5/2006 8:01:20 AM
Hearing about "good boys" or "bad boys" gets tiring.

I am a man, plain and simple. I have good points and bad points. I have faults, like anbody else. I try to be the best person I can be each day, and try to be the best father I can be.....some days I do well, others I fall flat on my face. I pick myself up and try again.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 102
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 11/5/2006 9:19:25 AM
Good for you Carrie! A man is much more attractive if he's nice but modest/humble as well...no one wants to feel they have to dish out brownie points. All men should be decent, nice and good so it's not really an accomplishment.

Actions speak louder than words.

I would rather hear a guy say "I try to be nice" or "I hope to be nice" than to hear "I'm nice." It's a matter of opinion, and no one really has that much of an honest view of themselves where we should just take their word for it. It's that damned self sales pitch again. Your hotness, niceness, whatever you think you are should speak for itself.

If you have to tell me about it...something's not right. Your friends and those who know you well should praise you, and that's it.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 7/13/2007 3:41:03 PM
I like girls who act nice and sweet when in public, but are absolutely filthy when you are together.

I like a challenge just like a guy.
You know NOTHING about guys.

Bad boys aren't a challenge. Just deny them sex, and they'll do anything for you, and nothing for anyone else. Bad boys want sex, and will do anything to get it. Bad boys will tell you anything you want to hear, and will always tell you that good guys are no good. Why? Because if you ever dated a good guy, you'll never go back.

Good guys do stuff for you. But they do much, much, MORE for everyone else. That's why they're good guys, because they are good to people, not to just you. If you ever get a good guy to actually do MORE for you than an 80-year-old man, tell me how. Because I've never seen it. Ever. Good guys don't tell you what they can do. They're confident that they can. So why do they have to? If you can't see it, it's not because it's not there. It's because you have blinkers on.

I also like to know what turns the good guys to bad ones.
When you stop worrying about whether or not they're good guys, that's when you'll find out that they can do all the things bad boys do.

Honestly, women!
 scorpiomover
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 7/13/2007 3:43:44 PM
You're cute. But I cannot say for 20-28 year olds. Only for myself and my compadres.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 120
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 7/13/2007 4:17:20 PM
I have an interesting theory on this , actually a couple . First off nobody , male or female wants a doormat. Be yourself , and good things happen. I want a woman to challenge me in conversation, competition[if we play a game], and have input on what to do , where to eat etc. Its no fun having a yeswoman and I would imagine its the same for ladies . Another theory of mine is that the proverbial good guy might not be as persistent in courting a lady , feeling he has alot to offer the right lady , so why kiss ass for the priviledge of taking her on a date. Where as the "bad" guy , so to speak , has issues and hates rejection and just keeps going after "said" lady, with reckless abandon and persistence . This eventually flatters the lady into relationship submission so to speak and WHAM you have a connection .
 TANRIC777
Msg: 123
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 9/12/2007 2:21:15 PM
Looking forward to what the women post about this!

From my experience, being a bad boy, I had no problem attracting women. Women seemed to want to be with me more, even though they knew I wouldn't care about their feelings or their sexual gratification. I was selfish, inconsiderate and did what pleased me. It was all about me!

Now I'm a Good guy with a little bad boy that is tucked away. In my experience it is much harder attracting women now. I assume it is because most women think good guys can not be exciting and are pushovers.

I'm looking forward to hearing more from the women about this topic. I'm about to give up being the good guy and revert to my old ways.
 phoenixdreamangel
Msg: 130
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 5/4/2008 7:40:12 PM
GOOD MEN PLEASE! Oh......but no boring ones >_< I don't have the energy to hold back my temper on the 'bad boys' they're so punk and stupid.
 phoenixdreamangel
Msg: 131
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 5/4/2008 7:47:38 PM
All I can really say is that your manipulative....WTF?

Putting a woman down is NOT good, and I'd never put up with it from a man. He'd be out the door, I wouldn't find him appealing at all.
 4dutyandhumanity
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Good boys or bad ones?
Posted: 5/4/2008 8:30:52 PM
This is a thread you can muse on for days. I'm not sure if the 'bad boys' theme has its own literature, but it certainly has its own filmography. 'Breathless', originally made by Jen Luc Godard and then remade in the US with Richard Gere, is all about a 'bad boy' who kills a cop and then shacks up with a female who can't resist his high spirited style. They have lots of flaming hot sex, and then the cops shoot him.

In the Gere film, the chicklet is (if I remember correctly) an architecture student. I thought the movie sucked, but the one scene I particularly remember is where the girlfriend is taking an exam before some stuffy looking professors. The Gere character shows up, starts throwing papers around and basically humiliates the professors, who of course can only fumble ineffectively in the face of his unrestrained masculinity.

My take on this scene was that Gere's character struck a blow against the establishment like you would strike by going to a banquet and putting French fries in your nose. His bimbo girlfriend, gonads in overdrive, is too shallow to care that some men who were only trying to teach her architecture were practically assaulted without reason. And there's the truth about women who love bad boys: with their reproductive organs positioned between their ears, they're unable to discern a free spirit from a mere boor.

Of course, the unstated equation is that 'bad boy behavior' is symptomatic of equally unrestrained sexuality. Like all stereotypes, this view is an aid for the thinking impaired. The idea that 'this terrible man is going to make do all these awful things that I, myself, would never ever do' is equivalent to the frequently noted tendency of some men to shut their wives off from sex, particularly after children are born. The theory being that, having grown up repressed, they're unable to think of the mothers of their children doing dirty things. Too repressed to discuss their desires, they prefer prostitutes. 'Bad boys' are the female equivalent of whores.

We men have our own term for 'bad boys': losers. Ladies, walk into any bar in America, and in short order there will be a bad boy at your elbow. And you're welcome to him.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >