Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pandorarevealed
Msg: 63
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?Page 2 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
No, what military men have that others don't is that they're willing to put their lives on the line while others sit home on their comfy computers and have the nerve to badmouth it

And they still fight for people like you regardless!
 pandorarevealed
Msg: 70
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?
Posted: 10/10/2005 3:16:07 PM
Well until the day death can be reversed so John Lennon can come back and sing the songs of peace for the world to embrace (even though it wasn't embraced the first time), soldiers will be necessary.
 Sniper308
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/10/2005 4:26:23 PM

Yah military guys do have something other guys don't have........the urge to kill!!

Since you're Canadian, I'm not too upset by this.
 pandorarevealed
Msg: 77
Posted: 10/10/2005 5:20:18 PM
*smacks head*

I won't say my comment so I can't get banned for a personal attack
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:20:36 PM
I might....with a military woman. Just something about a woman with
blood on her hands. That thousand mile stare always get's to me.
That macho I don't give a Sh#t about you...mmmmmmm....when does t
the fleet come in?? Oh wait, I'm Canadian and we dont' have one LOL!!!
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:18:58 PM
You can handle him going away..

Are you ready to handle him not coming back?

or coming back in a box..?
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:22:42 PM
turn about is fair play..How many married men keep it zipped up while deployed (esp. in the navy at ports of call, etc..) ?
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:35:34 PM
unicorn.. the military is no different than say a police officer

I'm also a candidate for the RCMP and been advised of the failed marriages etc.

You need to find someone within your respective organization so that they may
appreciate the stresses you go through. Very few 'civilians' understand
the stresses one goes through in those professions. It all sounds romantic
in the beginning but it is unfortunately something that does not last.
 dceeeee
Msg: 102
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:14:32 PM
Oh wow....I can't believe I stumbled into this forum....Yes, I would date a military man in a heartbeat....I have utmost respect for the men in uniform.

I was married to a military man, although he wasn't a military man at the time...back then you were drafted and they didn't care if you were married or not, so discussions beforehand were not always possible.

Sniper, Yes, I kept my legs together, although I knew some around me who did not. People at home didn't always make it easy, though. The most common phrase I heard from men in town that wanted me to go out, was "Oh come on...you don't really think he is being true to you, do you?" Yes, I do because that was the kind of guy he was, but even if he weren't that kind of guy, it wouldn't have made it morally right for me to cheat, because that's not the way I was/am. My husband was killed in Nam, and I'm soooo glad I "kept my legs together", as you put it, because I would have been tormented the rest of my life if I hadn't. If any of those "cheating women" had to lose their man the way I did, I can't even imagine the horror they must be going through.

Guapisimo- you are one sick pup...there is no other explanation for the things you said.

And Phyneliquor, that really hit me hard...why do some people not THINK before making ignorant comments like this?
 Copperypeach
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:19:04 PM
It never fails to bash the police until you hear a bump in the night or, to bash the military until something horrible happens in your backyard and you want us to stand guard and make sure it doesn't get so close to you again.... Make up your mind...
 Copperypeach
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:19:19 PM
And thank God for the women who serve as well; women have fought and died as well.
 Copperypeach
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:35:28 PM
[For what its worth....I don't think you have to worry about the guys too much. It's not like they have a club to go out to every night. Granted there is down time, but I will bet you anything that the percentage of Military Men cheating on their wives is a substantially less than the Military Wifes cheating. Am I right guys? ] Posted by Unicornfan

Darling, I've been a military child, wife, and am in the Navy (12 years and going strong) and have been on two deployments during said time; I'm here to tell you that there doesn't have to be a club or hotel. ANY FLAT SURFACE WILL DO. It can get pretty ugly as far as that goes. IT GOES BOTH WAYS. Even one guy here posted that same thing about what his men did when they got away from their women. But, I still maintain that many are faithful (just not as many that aren't). I guarantee that most of the men that hit on me the next deployment will be married. It's not a miltary thing, either, just look at your typical travelling business man. The women don't cheat anymore than their men who were just as big of sluts as the women you're bashing. It's just harder to see what's going on over seas than it is to see what's going on down the street...
 Katie68
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:55:11 PM
Yes of course I would, I have a sister who is retired from the military. I also have a neice and nephew in the military. I love traveling which is what happens during relocations I'd love it.
 wearswhitewell
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:57:49 PM
No I wouldn't .....because of my career it forces me to stay in once province for the rest of my life (without extensive training before moving).....moving from country to country would only ruin my dreams....that wouldnt' be fair to either partner...I would be miserable....
 Sniper308
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:05:39 PM
I don't hate Canadians, I just don't give them much consideration. I deal with them because they have bears that I enjoy hunting, so I occasionally dump a few bucks into their economy. Otherwise, I have no regard for Canadians whatsoever. "Hate" would imply effort on my part, and Canadians don't matter to me. It's not a negative thing, I just have no use for them... except the animals, and no matter what Canadians say or do with regard to Americans, they like our money. I've never had an outfitter turn down my money for any reason and certainly not over American policy, foreign or domestic.

As for hating women, I don't hate women as an entire population. I just hate sluts. If this is you, so be it. If it isn't you, then there isn't a problem.

With respect to the GUESSES that men and women are just jumping each others' bones like rabbits while deployed in the various hot spots in Iraq and Afghanistan... you people have been watching too many war movies. I sincerely wish those of you making such allegations -- who think it's just some kind of f**kfest over there -- go pick up a rifle and stand a post yourself. Go endure the heat, the sand flies (not fleas, "flies"), the mortars, the occasional pot-shot from your run-of-the-mill sniper, get yourself bounced around a little from an IED or two and, by all means, go mingle among the locals and see if you can figure out if the little girl walking up to you is wired to go boom-boom or just wants to thank you for liberating her country. Maybe you'd handle it differently, but for the 99.999999999% of the people I knew while I was there, GETTING LAID WAS ABOUT THE LAST THING ON ANYONE'S MIND!

To the woman who said it's the toughest job in the world to be a military spouse -- yes, it is. Few women are up to it, and that's a documented fact.
 Lazyboyz
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:13:56 PM
Ummmm....leave our animals alone

BTW i heard bear tastes a bit gamey.
 thunderguy13
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:36:02 PM
at least you don't hate canadians then, that's a relief.......
personally I agree, Those of us who have spent time over in th mid-east had more on our mindds then sex,more like living long enough to have sex again!

Do you like our Cattle?? OUr beer??

on the sniper topic tho 2400 yards!
 thunderguy13
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:54:13 PM
But not all men have the urge to kill, in fact I personally would take offens eto that statement if it was a blanket statement of ALL people who served their country.
My family has done it's share with my great-grandfather serving WW1 and my grandparents both serving in WW2 my father spent time in the reserves and I spent time serving as well. We are not drooling killers,We were serving our country and doing what had to be done.
I personally don't condone war,but naked violence has solved more conflicts in the history of man then discussions.
IS war right?? NO,IS war necessary??sometimes, do innocent people die?? Yes,
but Human nature is self-destructive.
I personally think our time is better spent helping those people whose lives have been affected by the disasters of the past year+.
 thunderguy13
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:56:47 PM
I imagine sniper308 has both oars in the water,he may not love canadians but I don't hear him complaining about the ones he's served with. (I imagine at some point).
 Mr_CLEAN
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:01:01 AM
Interesting Thread...

No comments ..heh
 Mr_CLEAN
Msg: 127
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:13:32 AM
Sniper 308, You make good points, but I would have to say that your views towards Canadians in general are towards the negative end of it. Growing up in the U.S. and now living in Canada, I know both ends of it. I am a Canadian and proud of it. I have many friends in the Marines, and they all respect me as much as I respect them. I just think that we are taught different Ethics as soldiers of the Canadian Forces.

Just because we don't like to fight, does not mean we can't. Study your history, actually, Study OURS, and see why Canada is not a pawn of the U.S.

That being said, I respect you as a soldier, as a human being, I hope that you do run into the "right" type of Canadians. I think it is a personal issue, not a general one. I am tired so I am not making any sense to you, try reading into the words a little more.

As for your third paragraph, I absolutely agree with what you said. I would have said the same thing. Being in a relationship on deployment is a tough deal, I went through 4 years of it with a woman who was faithful to me. There was one who was NOT faithful but I handled it very well.

This job is not for everyone. I had my own reasons why I did it, and those are not open to discussion here.

I can end this thread now to let you all know that not every woman or man can handle it. It depends on the level of commitment you are willing to put in and understanding it.
Not everyone is up for it.

P.S. Killing animals dude, totally UNCOOL if you are doing it for sport and pleasure. Animals are innocent and don't shoot back ;)
If you want to know my definition of hunting, feel free to ask.
 Sniper308
Msg: 138
Posted: 10/12/2005 5:48:59 PM

Do you like our Cattle?? OUr beer??

I haven't eaten store-bought meat for years and, not having dropped a cow in its tracks lately, nope, can't say I've had your beef... so I can't really comment either way. In my freezer, I still have several pounds of bison, bear, wild boar, and venison... which I shot myself.

As to beer... I'm not much of a beer drinker, really. I prefer a good merlot, usually. When I'm in the mood, my drink of preference is Southern Comfort & 7-Up.

I've served with Brits and Aussies, can't say as I've served with Canadians (yet). I did meet a few of your snipers at a sniper competition in '98. Nice chaps, really. Total gentlemen. Excellent shots, too.

Now, I'd love to bicker with you folks tit for tat, but I'm leaving in the morning to hunt deer in the primitive-weapons-only area of Daniel Boone National Forest. I'm taking one of my flintlocks. While I'm gone, though, you bunny huggers carry on. You know how us psychotic military killers thrive on insults from peaceniks.
 mizter
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2005 7:55:29 PM
2 weeks till deer season......and no I wouldn't date a guy in the military
girl maybe as long as her gun isn't bigger than mine ......
 mizter
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2005 8:57:46 PM
this is my rifle this is my gun
one is for shooten one is for fun

Now I feel like a deer in guapisimo headlights.....

I guess it must be cold out hehhehe

bob and weave, bob and weave I know I'm gonna take heat for this one.
 thunderguy13
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2005 8:43:33 PM
Nice, personally I don't hunt animals (not against it tho to each their own). I was just throwin' in the tease for the heck of it though, I've never really had any problems with americans, the odd one now and again that seems real triggerhappy-killer type but that's not all of them and you seem more intelligent than those triggr-happy types. Hope you do well with the hunting Sniper!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >