Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Suzy_Chestnut
Msg: 51
Women with only guy friendsPage 3 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Fishbill: I'm not involved in any sort of romantic relationship, so I don't really think it's anyone's business what I do with my male friends or what the depth of our friendship is. I suspect most of the people who have responded above are SINGLE like I am, and therefore we're not terribly concerned with what our boyfriends think of all this, since we don't have boyfriends! If I ever find myself wanting a relationship with someone I meet, of course I would re-assess my friendships with other men. I would hope we could all be friends and enjoy each other's company together.

And before anyone makes a suggestion that I'm single because of my male friends, don't bother. I've had plenty of opportunities to have a boyfriend. I prefer to wait for the right person, and for all the other factors like schedules and location to fall into place. I'm not in any hurry.
 ShaunaDanielle
Msg: 52
Women with only guy friends
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:52:27 PM
When I've had friends they were all mainly male...I dont see what it would matter as long as they were just friends. Girls just never wanted to hang out with me at all. I guess I have more in common with guys.
 fishbill
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/11/2005 1:57:22 PM
well, the OP was asking for people who were dating and the date only had guy friends, thats where I'm coming from. If your single, you could have tin cans for friends and no one would judge you.
 rphjrtampa
Msg: 54
Posted: 10/11/2005 2:17:09 PM
Fishbill - the only problem with that argument is that one will not (we hope!) always be single. Once dating and/or in a serious monogamous relationship then does one need to stop being friends with those of the opposite sex?

Of course those friendships will likely change as do same-sex friendships when entering into a new relationship. But they should not have to end...
 rphjrtampa
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/11/2005 2:49:15 PM
Nope - have to disagree.

Nice guy here. And have had the luck and pleasure have having had relationships with a couple of very extraordinary, classy and beautiful women.
 Suzy_Chestnut
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/11/2005 4:08:18 PM
Fishbill: I don't equate "dating" with a relationship. I go out on dates... and someday maybe one of them will lead to something serious. If that ever happens, I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the relationship... but rph is right, I wouldn't ditch all my friends for anyone.

Zack: I bet your mailbox is just OVERFLOWING with letters of love!

Let's see... I wonder if I'm a regular slut, reformed slut, fat girl, or reformed fat girl? I also had difficulty following your line of reasoning between having guy friends and always going for a**holes, but I'm sure there's some connection there that I'm just not smart enough to figure out.
 MattyLinda39
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/11/2005 4:59:19 PM
I like to hang out with guy friends because they do not have any drama. They are funny and we have a good time. Nothing sexual, just buddies. I do have my girl friends which are great ladies and we see each other when we get a chance. It is nothing wrong with having male friends. I'm not jealous. Relationships are based on trust, if we do not have trust, we do not have anything
 MattyLinda39
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/11/2005 5:04:18 PM
I do go out on more dates now that I did when I was in my 20's. I choose to be single and not to have a boyfriend at the time. Don't consider my self a player or anything else. Just a single woman having friends to go out once and while. When the right one comes along, I will know.
 livewirehere
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/11/2005 5:09:50 PM
Zack~~>>?? Sooo unfair to pre-judge anyone......
 fishbill
Msg: 60
Posted: 10/11/2005 5:55:14 PM
How come woment cant have intelligent conversations with women? Hmmmm
 angelinabee
Msg: 61
Posted: 10/11/2005 5:57:24 PM
We can have intelligent conversations with women, but some women don't like to talk about the same things the vast majority of women like to talk about.
 livewirehere
Msg: 62
Posted: 10/11/2005 6:06:36 PM
Fishbill, I don't consider talking about children, getting my nails and hair done, shopping, and who's doing what with who, interesting most of the time....((I like the outdoors, fun, and spontaneous humor)).. Does that answer it>? We're not all alike... I don't like doing any of those things... I spent over 20 years trying to be like that, and it's not me at all. I can cook, I can clean, I can take care of my family... It's just that most of the conversations the women around me were having totally bored me.. ((they wouldn't even pee behind the trees in the woods, had to drive to the nearest gas station))>>>??? Why are you so shocked by that>? ((that I'm not typical)).. I'm just curious>?
 redmamma
Msg: 63
Posted: 10/11/2005 6:39:15 PM
I don't usually get a long well with women.. but the women I do get a long with are fantastic... all of my life I have hung with the guys.. it is just who I am.. Have been married twice if my guy can't handle it.. ohhh wellll it is not a sexual thing... if a guy I am hanging with over steps his bounds and is out orf line I let him know.. what is the big deal???
 rphjrtampa
Msg: 64
Posted: 10/11/2005 7:46:13 PM
Suzy...

I coulnd't help but think...

What about the fat slut, the born again slut and the marginally overweight slightly easy girl? Don't they deserve equal treatment?

Poorgie
Msg: 65
Posted: 10/11/2005 8:05:10 PM
i agree totally,,,,,,,,my roomate is male

Oh no. Not another three's company situation.

"I don't equate "dating" with a relationship. I go out on dates... and someday maybe one of them will lead to something serious. If that ever happens, I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize the relationship... but rph is right, I wouldn't ditch all my friends for anyone."

What happens if the one that becomes "serious" has his own set of women friends. What then???
 Poorgie
Msg: 66
Posted: 10/11/2005 8:26:24 PM
I am guessing that the boyfriend status would be a steady date. If that is the case then yes, past strong friendships with the other sex would be a stronger relationship. But if there are women who have a live in boyfriend; it is the same as being married and that relationship should be stronger then friends since you have the ability to have children together forming a family. Family first, friends second.
 Poorgie
Msg: 67
Posted: 10/11/2005 8:46:59 PM
Once again we have a woman with stipulations. I can see the checklist now.

_ Must not complain about my flirting with other men.

_ Must not show distaste to my friends

_ If he complains about my behaviour he will be gone. Even if I am pregnant.
 oneafternoon
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:04:08 PM
From personal experience girls with mainly male friends ... are acutually more girlie then anything. I find the coolest girls generally hangout with everyone. I also find girls that generally hangout with males aren't as agressive about things and they are generally ... and i say generally pretty boring.
 fishbill
Msg: 69
Posted: 10/11/2005 10:25:43 PM
I think the best test of trust in a relationship is for the guy to have free sexual reign, its only normal, whats the big deal. Men are supposed to spread their seed. there is no harm in that if he can pay the child support. and a loving trusting spouse is needed. Otherwise, get rid of the non trusting spouse.

I think most professional relationship counselors would agree that it is ok to have friends of the opposite sex, but people in a committed relationship should not spend time alone with the opposite sex, they will tell you. Go ask one.
 livewirehere
Msg: 70
Posted: 10/11/2005 10:35:36 PM
Just want to remind you fishbill, that I did post earlier that I don't hang out with guy friends "alone" if I'm in a relationship.... and most of my best guy friends in the recent past were my ex's best friends.. I was lucky enough to be married to someone for almost 20 years who didn't have a jealous bone in his body~~~and I also never gave him a reason to be jealous... If you don't have trust, you don't have squat..... That's a biggie I learned from being in a relationship so long~~~
 Heavenly_male28
Msg: 71
Posted: 10/11/2005 10:42:50 PM
Guys hanging around a GOOD looking girl= guys waiting in line
Guys hanging around an UGLY Girl=gay or not to be worrying about

I stay clear of women with a ton of guys waiting in line
 livewirehere
Msg: 72
Posted: 10/11/2005 10:58:28 PM
Just where are they lining up>? At clubs you mean>? My guy friends would usually come to my place and just hang out.. even when I was married. But, when I was married it was my ex's friends who were my best guy friernds, and we all hung out at a local lake ( and there were times I was the only female there, but their wives weren't freaking out)> or someone's house for parties... They could come up and kiss me on the lips when we got together, no big deal.. Even the youngest guy, who was 27 (gorgeous, but married)... We were just that close... I guess it's hard to explain if you haven't had relationships like that with people of the opposite sex...>??
 :
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2005 8:36:01 AM
I have known girls where it was really that they just could not stand the petty games of women, and I have known girls who have a reservoir of back up boyfriends. I used to tease one girlfriend about it, the entourage I used to call it, or the team jen super friends was the other name. Sure enough that is where my replacement came from, there was a real turn over with that girl. I guess to lead that life style she always needed to have a couple of em up her sleeve so to speak. I am sure there are plenty of women where it is somewhere in between the two versions. Really it depends on the girl. On that subject I find generally girls get over break ups faster, and have a better chance of having rebounds that last. I also find in a relationship it tends to be more acceptable for the girl to have male friends, then for the guy to have female friends.
 JDepp
Msg: 74
Posted: 10/12/2005 8:39:51 AM
simple - she's intimidated by other females.
she can tell you she only likes hanging out with guys because girls are ****es, yea ****es because they are intimidated and jealous of one another.
 Poorgie
Msg: 75
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:21:17 AM
If you are interested in making friends with someone you have met, you might want to ask yourself, ‘Who are his or her friends?’ The type of close associates someone has tells much about the person himself. Also, what opinion do mature and respectable people in the community have of him? In addition, it is wise to consider not only how potential friends treat us but also how they treat others, particularly those from whom they have nothing to gain. Unless a person displays good qualities—such as honesty, integrity, patience, and consideration—at all times and to all people, what guarantee is there that he will always treat you well? To me, a woman I have found attractive will be more family oriented and have a variety of friends, not just guys as friends.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends