Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JDepp
Msg: 76
Women with only guy friendsPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
The hotter my girlfriends are the more girlfiends they hang out with when partying.
Just an observation from my life.
also see: center of attention with no competition.
 angelinabee
Msg: 77
Women with only guy friends
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:35:34 AM
I definitely see the point about emotional intimacy. I don't have a large number of close friends in the first place... I'd say that I have probably five close male friends and two close female friends. My male friends are the ones I go to when I just want to chill, do a lot of laughing, not worry about taking myself seriously, and so on and so on... But yeah, when I really need an ear to talk to my female friends are the ones I always go to and they me. They're the ones who will really show that they care about you. :)

jdepp... I don't compete with women. That's one of the things that annoys me when I am in a big group of girls. There's *such* an air of having to look prettier than everyone else to get the most attention, and that annoys the holy hell out of me. I don't care if I go to a club to see a show or something and nobody looks at me the entire night, and people just don't know how to handle that.
 JDepp
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:42:51 AM
angelinabee - thats cause you're a pirate
girls that only like to have guy friends also like to be teases and get attention, which is easier if you are the only girl.
 angelinabee
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:45:22 AM

angelinabee - thats cause you're a pirate

Thanks for reminding me that I need to change that.
 JDepp
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:48:19 AM
why Jdepp thinks pirates are cool.
They have mates and search the seas for booty.
 fishbill
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:50:27 AM
Thank you justaprincess, thank you livewire. When I do things in life, I ask "am I being selfish, self centered, or dishonest" "am I causing jealousy". There are many people who can drive without seat belts on and never get in a wreck. I would just as soon avoid any more wrecks and plan ahead. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.
 livewirehere
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/12/2005 11:36:27 AM
I have never had a sexual relationship with any of my guy friends... No way--that would ruin things.... It's hard to explain I guess, if you haven't had it. So, they're not back-up boyfriends.. I do have a couple of those I can call in desperation But not my "true guy friends">>>>>
 Fry Lock
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:26:23 PM
Don't have any girl "friends" just acquaintances; guys are way less fickle, catty & won't try to tell the new guy why he shouldn't be going out with you; they, on the other hand will not hesitate to tell you that your ass looks great/huge/etc in those jeans...I wouldn't trade my guy friends for anything; in my experience, guys you date are great with that in the beginning, till their jealously gets in the way; and it usually does...
 Poorgie
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:28:24 PM
I do have a couple of those I can call in desperation But not my "true guy friends"

So no friends with benefits. I guess it is true that friends don't let friends get drunk and have desperation sex. HaHa!
 livewirehere
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/12/2005 12:48:42 PM
LMAO~~~~ They're okay "friends", but not like my "true" guy friends.... Just someone to go out with when there's nothing else to do>>>>LOL~~~ They'll forever be unmarried anyway, so they don't mind.. They get tired of always going out with their "guy" friends... What a complicated web we weave, huh>?
 JDepp
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/12/2005 1:33:18 PM
They're okay "friends", but not like my "true" gay guy friends....
 livewirehere
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/12/2005 2:00:34 PM
LMAO~~~ I do have a few gay guy friends, but actually, my very best guy friends are not gay~~~~ Just fun, good listeners, and totally cool~~~~
 Poorgie
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/12/2005 2:03:35 PM

A guy isn't likely to talk you into breaking up with your bf when you are having problems and then sleep with him.

I am sure that is why they hang around so long. EZ booty.
 fishbill
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/12/2005 2:06:23 PM
I think thats why my GF likes me, I am a good listener and not afraid to talk about stuff.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/12/2005 5:15:13 PM
Yes me and the boys have a women friend that is attractive.We all play cards together on saturday night and talk about the latest fashion. And the 5 of us go out sunday shopping for clothes together.Then me and my male friends are together all we talk about is how can we can beat her in cards this saturday night.Or what kind of fashion we can shop for....And just think sex talk or how attractive she is never comes up...NO !NO! We are good friends.We even try to set her up with more guy friends.Because as you all know most guys that live today is all they are interested in.Especially all the guys in their 20s.Sex is the last thing on their mind.Friends is where it is happening....I know i would rather have a true woman friend.She is better at cards.Especially if she is attractive fellas...Then it is not so awkward..You know with me being single.I mean we do not want anyone to think i am in it for sex....No!NO!It is not like that at all.
 Poorgie
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/12/2005 5:27:21 PM
I can just picture my girlfriend with five horney strip poker guy "friends". Not a pretty sight.
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/12/2005 5:44:02 PM
Now why would you think like that.They are just friends.I know when i am with the guys i work with all they talk about is how many women friends they can get.To be honest with you sex does not come up at all.They perfer attractive women friends because it is no so awkward.They do not want nobody to give them the wrong ideal...Gosh what is it with people.People think 90% of men are lookings for sex.That is not true.90% of men are looking for a card partner.Somebody to shop with.Get to the lastest fashion....And where did people get the ideal that when a man goes to a night club he is looking for sex.Well i got news for you.That is the last thing on his mind...He is looking for a women to play cards and find out what the lastest fashion is.And the more beer he drinks the more he wants to talk about it...Also when he comes to work on monday all he talks about how he did not do so good on getting a woman to be his friend.Some of the guys i work with i got to set them up on some of my women friends....1 guy is 21 and the other is 24.Never been married.They would prime for friendship.
 livewirehere
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/12/2005 5:48:56 PM
It's so true tarheelman...~~ My favorite times are the times I'm alone with the guys, they're drinking, and being "totally" themselves.... They don't talk about women at all~~~LOL~~~ And they really do forget I'm there ((if I can keep my mouth shut))>>> It's made me appreciate men more, for who they really are, and not who they're trying to be when out in public, with their wives, etc....... Know what I mean>?
 mr.classicchevy
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/12/2005 6:08:52 PM
And when they are not around you i have observed that they do no change their tone conversation.I mean if it is attractive female that they had activities with them the day before.The word sex does not come up.They just cannot wait for the next card game or even drink a beer together.You know most men that is what they perfer..I work in construction work and all they talk about is over a long weekend is how they play cards with women....Just like the other day there was a attractive looking women at the resturant that we go to at lunch time and one of the single guys was talking about how she would be as a friend..Sex never came up.Poor boy never been married.So you can just imagine him being 21 years old the very first thing came to his mind was is how you guys think she is with cards or shopping.Us guys told him not be shy and ask her if she would like to play cards.....And just think out of 10 guys none of us talk about how attractive she was or the sex word...That is the last thing is talked about on a construction site.We are just looking for women friends.Thats all.
 angelinabee
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/12/2005 9:15:11 PM

Generally, women who think men are better are insecure and highly competitive with other women. At least this has been my experience. I apologize for offending anyone. Your Mileage May Vary.

Just because someone hangs out with men more doesn't mean they think men are better people. ;) And I have more close male friends because I get *tired* of the competitiveness that abounds in some groups of women.
 livewirehere
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/12/2005 10:20:21 PM
I just get very, very bored with typical "women" conversations and activities... it's not me and never has been... Nothing to do with insecurity... I've adopted two 18 year old girls I"ve met online... ((okay, not legally, but I might as well have))~~~ I just don't do all the "chick" stuff.... and don't have any interest in it... (I've been called a bohemian, but maybe it's something else??)~~
 megd
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/12/2005 10:40:06 PM
I would venture to say that 98% of my close friends are males...I did grow in a house full of brothers, but not sure if that is the reason why or not. I think the main reason why is becuase in Pharmacy school it is like 80% male...occupational hazard I suppose...
 night501
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2005 11:30:24 PM
for the first time EVER i agree with billy crystal.
there is no way for a single guy and a single girl to be mutual freinds.
im not going to run it all down but if you are interested watch "harry met sally"
 Suzy_Chestnut
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/13/2005 6:55:03 AM

I was at a party once and the women were talking about economic models. The men were in the kitchen talking about where to buy the best fitting shirt.

Please remember that not everyone lives in a big city.

Here in redneck country, there are very few women who went to college... and many didn't graduate from high school.

Lots of the younger girls have collected several "baby's daddies" already, and love discussing their favorite NASCAR celebrities.

There are some divorced women in my age group who are discarded trophy wives, and they seem to enjoy spending their free time spending their support money and looking for someone else to take care of them. Most of them are the catty ones, perhaps because they see other single women as a personal threat.

Then there are the married women with kids, and their interests revolve around the best way to take out grass stains, or exchanging recipes for that lovely chicken dish that hubby liked so much.

If I could find someone who was even vaguely like me, with a few similar interests.. I'd jump at the chance to have a girl friend!!

For all who keep insisting there must be something wrong with me because I have no close female friends, I'd love to hear your ideas about how I'd go about finding one?
 PhyneLiquor
Msg: 100
Posted: 10/13/2005 7:59:51 AM
If you women think these guys are completely "just friends" & would never consider getting it on with you:

try this test:

tell them you've been really horny lately and feeling lonely and just need a good man to hold you, and he's right there..and..

See what he does..

Will he say: "oh no way!! we're "just friends"..?

IME, women who have "NO" female friends & "just male friends" is b/c they are B******s (rhymes with witch) and attention ho's and other women can't stand them anyway so can't be their friend, but they love all the male attention..

Ever notice how "the opposite sex" will put up with a lot of BS that the "same sex" won't?

I myself have had female friends that looking back, are really self-absorbed selfish little twits that most other women can't stand, but for some reason I thought at the time their actions were "cute"..

LOL :)

Often people "act different" with the opposite sex than with their own though..

e.g. guys who are into competitive macho one-upmanship games with other guys aren't like that with women..

And women who are catty & b****y with other women are 'sweet' with guys..

so...I can see it to some extent..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Women with only guy friends